Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Lost Odyssey
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
tR Player1

tR Player1's Gamercard
Will Never Finish This Game...

I've had this damn game for like 5 years now, and I've never been able to beat it. I usually get to a hard part and put the game aside for a bit, only to never pick it back up again. Then whenever I get a new Gamertag / XBL account for whatever reason, I go "Hey, why not try beating Lost Odyssey?", and the same thing happens again and again.

I usually get stuck at / frustrated with the Ice Magic Beast at the end of Disc 3. This time however, I beat him and am finally making real progress, and the 100% is in sight. I'm in the Temple of Enlightenment now, and I got all the way to the end, ready to face the 'Ancient Spirit Magician Fu' and finish the last side-boss achievement. Things were looking good until, in my excitement, I accidentally pressed at the screen where I'm supposed to set my formation, and I got stuck with an absolutely terrible party

I actually managed to hang in there for a while, got to a point where I had all of my mages cast 'Leveller' on him in the same turn, and I took him down, expecting to win at that point, only to have one of the Reverse souls immediately cast 'Sacrifice Self' and bring him back, leaving me ruined...

Now I'm all the way back to the save point, and I have no idea what items I've picked up since I last saved, making the Treasure Trove achievement that much more frustrating (and I was almost done with it), and I have no idea how my skills / equipment was set up last time I save. I'm thinking of giving up

Anybody else have anything similar happen? I'm feeling quite frustrated.
tR Player1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:58 PM   #2
bentleyma

bentleyma's Gamercard
I nearly gave up at one point because I was finding the game hard, then one day I decided to sit down and sort my skills and equipment out for each character. Made the game easier and I finished it loved it.
bentleyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:38 AM   #3
Neutralicer

Neutralicer's Gamercard
Wait till you try the dlc. That's a lesson in frustration when you trigger a battle every few steps. Awesome game though. One of my favorite completed games.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:33 AM   #4
Arcane x Knight

Arcane X Knight's Gamercard
Never made it passed the ending of the third disc I think where you have to save the city from those big ass monsters while using the air ship or sea ship in the sea... I then ended up selling my xbox and have yet to rebuy this game and start over..

IMO Still the best JRPG this generation!
Arcane x Knight is offline   Reply With Quote