PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Lost Odyssey
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
LO: Seeker of the Deep Roadmap

Overview:

Estimated achievement difficulty: 5/10
Offline: 6 (100)
Online: 0 (0)
Approximate amount of time to 100 : -3 hours
Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 (2 recommended)
Number of missable achievements: 0
Glitched achievements: 0
Cheats disable achievements: No Cheats
Does difficulty affect achievements: No
Price: $1.00 USD

Introduction:

Seeker of the Deep is a short; but challenging DLC addition for Lost Odyssey. It is available for download for $1.00 (originally it was $4.99). The DLC consists of 26 floors you must traverse to meet and beat one of the harder bosses in the game.
The 25 previous floors are very straight forward and not at all difficult to navigate. There is random loot available on most levels as well as 'prizes' for completing every 5th level.
What makes the dungeon challenging is there are no save points. Should you return to the top from (as an example) Level 10, you can't return to that specific level; you'd have to start at level 1 all over again. And of course, should you die.. you must start over from your last save outside the dungeon.

Overview:

This dungeon is very tough, it is highly recommended that you be at least level 80+ to tackle this challenge. You can level your characters here if you wish as there are Kelolons that yield decent SP in the area; although the Numara Atoll and the Temple of Enlightenment are generally known as the best places to grind levels. Level 99 isn't necessary, but if you want to make things easier on yourself, by all means.

On the world map the Underground Research Division is located: HERE

The dungeon is available to access on Disc 4; once you have the 'White Boa' to explore the oceans. Upon arrival you will meet Cartographer Mardohl who will offer you treasure for every 5th level you reach. The treasures received are as follows: (there are also no monsters on every 5th level) You can only return to the main level via the elevator that leaves from every fifth level as well.

Level 5: 3x Ambrosia
Level 10: 5 Godly Dragon Tears
Level 15: 5 Slot Seeds
Level 20: Mana Protector
Level 25: 10 Slot Seeds
Once you defeat the boss on Level 26: 5 Full Heals

It is recommended that you travel all the way down to level 25 and then return to the top, speak with Mardohl and receive your prizes, exit the dungeon and save. (remember there are no save points in this dungeon).

Here's a link to the wiki for additional drop and enemy info: Seeker of the Deep

Killalon:

Once you've collected all the goodies you want and have made your preparations to make a boss run; just do a speed run through the dungeon as best you can. Run from battles if necessary utilizing the 'Turn Tail' skill as you see fit; but the goal here is to make it down to the bottom floor to face Killalon. Upon reaching the boss, there are numerous strategies that can be applied.. but they must be followed very closely. Mistakes are punished severely. Once Killalon is in a heap the final achievement will unlock and the DLC is complete!

Here is an excellent strategy if you are leveled and prepared: Professor K Boss Strategy

Conclusion:

This is a very straight forward set of achievements and can be easily done if you are adequately prepared. With a few hours of time and a good strategy in hand you can finish this DLC and net your 100

**Please note that none of the rings, accessories or chests have any bearing on the main campaign achievements.**

Last edited by Xenolith666; 12-15-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #2
Jakez123

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Impossible Trinity - Gold   Staff Club - Minty   Community Gaming - Silver   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Free Agents - First Place   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Several things I noticed, if I'm honest, it takes an hour - 2 hours to complete. Level 99 isn't needed, so saying it's a "necessity" is wrong, I personally did it when my guys were approx level 80.

You state that you should run all the way back down to the 25th floor, but failed to mention the use of the "Turn-tail" skill which guarantees escape.

I also think it's best if you use the correct name instead of calling it "boat".

You fail to mention the only way to return to the main area is to use the elevator on the 5th, 10th, 15th etc etc floors.

You also say that it's best to grind here to level 99, but fail to state what enemy is the best to kill to gain levels or what floor it's located on.

Overall the roadmap looks cluttered.

Also, go check what the actual price is instead of saying you "believe" it is $0.99. Also it would be good if you could put in the prices it would be in and Euros.

Last edited by Jakez123; 12-08-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:30 AM   #3
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
I agree on the time frame.. -5 hours seemed appropriate.. can change it to -3.. not everyone's fast.

I'll be doing some updates; your input is appreciated.

Old 12-13-2013, 12:49 AM   #4
Jakez123

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Impossible Trinity - Gold   Staff Club - Minty   Community Gaming - Silver   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Free Agents - First Place   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Still kind of choppy, I think it would be best if you put the price in the overview:

Overview:
Estimated achievement difficulty: 5/10
Offline: 6 (100)
Online: 0 (0)
Approximate amount of time to 100 : -3 hours
Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 (2 recommended)
Number of missable achievements: 0
Glitched achievements: 0
Cheats disable achievements: No Cheats
Does difficulty affect achievements: No
Price: 0.69/$0.99 ETC ETC.

Also, you've put the Dollar sign, then said "$0.61 Pounds" Doesn't make sense.

Also, I'm positive the DLC isn't 61p looks odd honestly, maybe 69p, unless you've actually checked.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #5
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

I did a money conversion on google.. actual price is $1.00 came to .61p and .73e..

I'll work on the spacing.. normally the youtube vid just shows up.. but it's not this time around. i guess a mod can embed it

did some updates.. i keep checking it to see stuff to add, or things i've missed

Last edited by Xenolith666; 12-13-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #6
Jakez123

Jakez123's Gamercard

It looks really good now, I'm impressed. I don't see anything else which stands out, might give it another read myself later on, but good job.

I know you used a price converter, but the prices on the marketplace aren't exactly what it would convert to (if that makes any sense).

I.E, 1 dollar converts to 61p, but on the marketplace it will be listed as a different price, I think that's probably the last thing to rectify.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #7
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
It looks really good now, I'm impressed. I don't see anything else which stands out, might give it another read myself later on, but good job.

I know you used a price converter, but the prices on the marketplace aren't exactly what it would convert to (if that makes any sense).

I.E, 1 dollar converts to 61p, but on the marketplace it will be listed as a different price, I think that's probably the last thing to rectify.
i'm not sure how i can check that.. i see what you mean.. but it only shows me USD, thought maybe I could change my region.. but it only allows once every 3 months.. so that ain't happening. not having much luck on a search

it's probly .69 and .79 respectively.. hopefully someone can post should they purchase it to confirm

Last edited by Xenolith666; 12-14-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:07 AM   #8
StrawHat

StrawHat30's Gamercard
I think you should just say $1 USD. Those of us from other parts of the world can do the conversion ourselves or just check the price for our live region. You have already done more than enough with the roadmap.
StrawHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #9
Kairi

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Impossible Trinity - Silver   Staff Club - troy0891   Referrals - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Runner Up   A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official x360a.org Roadmap! The link to the Official Roadmap is here:

Official x360a.org Lost Odyssey / DLC: Seeker of the Deep Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!
Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote