PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Devil May Cry 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-15-2008, 07:19 PM   #1
Asian47

Asian x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   2,500 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   GSL 9 MVP   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

A Comfortable Pace 10
Clear mission 11 in Human Mode.

See "Easier Said Than Done"

Easy Does It 10
Clear all missions in Human Mode.

Human Mode is the easiest difficulty in the game. Enemies do very little damage with attacks, and are not aggresive. When starting a new game, it is recommended to start on Human mode as the difficulty achievements do not stack, and your Health, Devil Trigger, and Skills carry over.

Half Way There 10
Clear mission 11 in Devil Hunter Mode.

Done and Done 20
Clear all missions in Devil Hunter Mode.

Devil Hunter is a step up from Human Mode. The enemies themselves take a few more hits, and do slightly more damage with each attack. All in all, not a big step up from Human mode, but enough to keep you on your toes.

Rock and a Hard Place 10
Clear Mission 11 in Son of Sparda Mode

Hardly A Simple Task 30
Clear All Missions in Son of Sparda Mode

This mode is unlocked after beating the game on Devil Hunter. Starting on Son of Sparda, the enemies begin to do much more damage to you, and become much more aggresive. In several areas, the enemy placement is much different, so as to include more difficult demons in more areas. Be careful, and don't be afraid to use an item if you have to.

Easier Said Than Done 10
Clear Mission 11 in Dante Must Die Mode

For these achievements, you will get each achievement right before switching from Nero to Dante. You will get this at the Mission Status screen, and the achievements do not stack.

All Bow Before You 40
Clear All Missions in Dante Must Die Mode

This mode is unlocked upon beating the game on Son of Sparda. The enemy placement is the same as Son of Sparda,the enemies begin to do substantial amounts of damage, and take quite a few combos to kill. Starting on Dante Must Die, all enemies are able after a certain amount of time, to go into their own Devil Trigger which furthers their their abilities. The amount of time it takes for an enemy to go into Devil Trigger depends on which demons. The weaker demons will take around twenty seconds, while the stronger demons take longer to transform. Bosses will always go into Devil Trigger when on the last two bars of health. Just do your best, and use items like a madman and you should be able to get through.

Step into the Light 10
Clear All Missions in Heaven or Hell Mode

This mode is unlocked after beating the game on Son of Sparda. In Heaven or Hell, everyone can only take one hit before dying, including you. This mode is incredibly easy though because you only have to shoot an enemy once before they die, including bosses.

Tonight, We Dine in Hell 10
Clear All Missions in Hell or Hell Mode

This mode is unlocked after beating the game on Dante Must Die. All enemies have Son of Sparda health and placement, while you can only take one hit before you die. You can however, use Super Nero/Dante for this mode to make it much easier, and upon finishing the game get this and the "Speak of the Devil" achievment.

The Best of the Rest 20
Clear all missions in Human Mode with an S ranking.

Whenever you finish a mission, you are graded upon how much time it took you to finish the level, how many style points you recieved, and how many red orbs you collected, with S being the highest rank you can get. Human mode is a pain to S rank, because the enemies die too quickly to get any good combos off on them. Your main focus should be on time and orbs. Best tip I can say in general about S ranking missions is learn the the game. Level layout, enemy positions, and red orb locations, don't stress yourself out over it, you'll learn with time. For details on level requirements for S ranks, Click here.

Last edited by Asian47; 04-16-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Asian47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:20 PM   #2
Asian47

Asian x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   2,500 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   GSL 9 MVP   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
A Cut Above 30
Clear all missions in Devil Hunter Mode with an S ranking.

See "The Best of the Rest" for more details. Devil Hunter and Son of Sparda modes are much easier than the other two difficulties due to the fact that enemies can take enough hits to get a good style off of, and the enemies don't do too much damage. You are also given more time to finish the level the higher the difficulty.

A Stunning Feat 40
Clear all Missions in Son of Sparda Mode with an S Ranking

See "The Best of the Rest" and "A Cut Above"

Never Say Die 50
Clear all Missions in Dante Must Die Mode with an S Ranking

See "The Best of the Rest" for more details. The hardest achievement in the game by far. Dante Must Die isn't that hard to S rank, it's just the fact that the game becomes extremely difficult. Don't be afraid to use items to get you through, and be careful is all I can really say. Good Luck!

A Throne of Glory50
Clear all Game Modes

For this achievement, you must complete the game on every difficulty, and finish the Bloody Palace. Your rank does not matter, and neither does the order you do the modes in. A very time consuming achievement, but it's not too hard to get.

Nothing Left Unsaid 10
Clear all Secret Missions

For more info and strategies, Click here.

The First Circle 10
Complete Stage 10 of the Bloody Palace

See "Covered in Blood"

The Second Circle 10
Clear stage 20 of Bloody Palace Mode

See "Covered in Blood"

The Third Circle 10
Clear stage 30 of Bloody Palace Mode

See "Covered in Blood"

The Fourth Circle 10
Clear stage 40 of Bloody Palace Mode

See "Covered in Blood"

The Fifth Circle 10
Clear stage 50 of Bloody Palace Mode

See "Covered in Blood"

The Sixth Circle 10
Clear stage 60 of Bloody Palace Mode

See "Covered in Blood"

The Seventh Circle 10
Clear stage 70 of Bloody Palace Mode

See "Covered in Blood"

The Eight Circle 10
Clear stage 80 of Bloody Palace Mode

See "Covered in Blood"

The Ninth Circle 10
Clear stage 90 of Bloody Palace Mode

See "Covered in Blood"

Covered in Blood 40
Clear All Bloody Palace Mode stages

Bloody Palace is unlocked after beating the Game on Devil Hunter, but it is highly recommended to beat the game on Dante Must Die before doing it. Make sure when you do the Bloody Palace, you have atleast 2-3 hours of free time, because you have to go through 101 floors of nothing but fighting, with a boss every 20 floors. For more info and in-depth strategies, Click here.

King of the Palace 50
Clear All Bloody Palace stages with an S Ranking

See "Covered in Blood"

Note: Make sure you do not use Super Nero/Dante if you are going for this achievement. Using Super Nero/Dante will reduce your score by a fifth, making it impossible to S Rank. This goes for all the S Ranking achievements.

Speak of the Devil 20
Clear the game with Super Nero (Dante)

Upon completing the game on Dante Must Die, you will unlock the Super costumes for Nero and Dante. While using these costumes, you have infinite Devil Trigger, making the game ridiculously easy. Simply beat the game on any difficulty for the achievement to unlock.

Smokin'! 10
Complete a Stylish Rank S (Smokin'!) combo.

See "Smokin' Sick Style!!!"

Smokin' Style!! 10
Complete a Stylish Rank SS (Smokin' Style!!) combo.

See "Smokin' Sick Style!!!"

Smokin' Sick Style!!! 10
Complete a Stylish Rank SSS (Smokin' Sick Style!!!) combo.

If you're having trouble getting a combo this high, the easiest way is to go to Mission 11. At the very beginning of the level, you start on the first floor of a tower, and the floor is shaped in somewhat of a circle. Go all the way around until you are across from where you started, and you will see a Combat Adjucator, it requires a Smokin' Sick Style!!! combo to break. Keep switching up your combos and use your Devil Bringer, and it will eventually break. If your still having trouble, make sure you are in automatic mode, and don't forget if you use Devil Trigger, it will also help build up your meter as each attack counts as two hits. If you haven't gotten "Smokin'!" and "Smokin' Style!!", you will get them as you go for this achievement.

Simply Spectacular 10
Complete a mission with an S ranking.

See "The Best of the Rest" for details on S Ranking missions. Simply complete a mission with an S Rank for this achievement.

Last edited by Asian47; 04-20-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:21 PM   #3
Asian47

Asian x360a's Gamercard

Modus Vivendi 10
Extend the Vitality Gauge to maximum capacity

For this achievement, you must collect all of the Blue Orb fragments from each mission and secret mission, and buy the max amount from the store. The achievement will unlock once you beat a level with the your health bar maxed, health doesn't matter. It will take 113,000 Red Orbs to buy all six of the Blue Orbs from the shop. For more info, Click Here, and here.

Bat Out of Hell 10
Extend the Devil Trigger Gauge to maximum capacity

For this achievement, you must buy all of the Purple Orbs from the shop, and once maxed out, complete any level. There are seven Purple Orbs you can buy from the shop, costing altogether 128,000 Red Orbs for all of them.

River of Red 10
Acquire 10,000 Red Orbs.

See "Red Orb Millionaire"

Your Cup Runeth Over 20
Acquire 100,000 Red Orbs.

See "Red Orb Millionaire"

Red Orb Millionaire 40
Acquire 1,000,000 Red Orbs.

For this achievement, you must collect 1,000,000 across all the time you played, so you don't have to worry about saving up Red Orbs for any of these achievements. For a quick way to get some Red Orbs, start up Mission 7. When you start, go down the path until it forks. Take the left path through the log, destroying everything in there for orbs. Once out of the log, go back until you see a Red Orb crystal. Destroy it, and then restart the level. This method should only take about a minute and you should get a few thousand orbs for each go through.

Filled with Pride 10
Acquire 10,000 Proud Souls.

See "Proud Millionaire"

Brimming with Pride 20
Acquire 100,000 Proud Souls.

See "Proud Millionaire"

Proud Millionaire 40
Acquire 1,000,000 Proud Souls.

This achievement will be one of the last two achievements to get in the game. Even after playing through the game 6 times, S Ranking every mission for 4 of the playthroughs, I still only had only about 630,000. The best thing I can say for getting large amounts of Proud Souls, is to go through and finish the Bloody Palace. Each playthrough can usually get you 120,000 proud souls or more.

Rookie Devil Hunter 10
Defeat a total of 100 enemies.

See "Legendary Devil Hunter"

Skilled Devil Hunter 30
Defeat a total of 1,000 enemies.

See "Legendary Devil Hunter"

Legendary Devil Hunter 50
Defeat a total of 10,000 enemies.

This and "Proud Millionaire will be the last achievements you get in the game. There is no way to keep track of how many kills you get in game, so all you really can do is kill, kill, and kill. If your trying to get "Proud Millionaire" as well as this, your best bet would be the Bloody Palace, as each playthrough will get you anywhere from 650-750 kills. Another good place is to go to Mission 6 on Human mode. During the fight with Agnus, infinite Gladiuses appear until you destroy the glass. Instead of throwing the Gladiuses, snatch them, and quickly kill them. Repeat this to your heart's content, and then finish the level.

Item Collector 50
Acquire a maximum number of all items

Get the max amount of items in the game. So that would mean thirty of every Vital Star size, ten of every Devil Star size, all three Golden Orbs, all six Blue Orbs, and all seven Purple Orbs. Holy Waters do not count towards the achievement, so don't bother buying them. During the game, you can find items in certain locations in each playthrough. For locations, Click here.

Skill Collector - Nero 50
Acquire all of Nero's skills

See "Skill Collector - Dante"

Skill Collector - Dante 50
Acquire all of Dante's skills

For these achievements, you must buy every single skill possible for each of the two characters. This one will take awhile, as you will need around 320,000 Proud Souls to get all the skills.

Last edited by Asian47; 04-16-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:22 PM   #4
Asian47

Asian x360a's Gamercard

Well, there you have it. Worked my ass of on this one, just for you guys.

If you still need anymore help with achievements, post here and I'll do my best to help.

Last edited by Asian47; 04-16-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:13 PM   #5
BeardedApple

BeardedApple's Gamercard
I have a list of them all..But no pictures,or explanations on how to get them... If you want them.

Last edited by BeardedApple; 04-15-2008 at 08:16 PM.
BeardedApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:20 PM   #6
Asian47

Asian x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedApple View Post
I have a list of them all..But no pictures,or explanations on how to get them... If you want them.
No thanks, the ones I have are good.

Last edited by Asian47; 04-15-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:26 PM   #7
BeardedApple

BeardedApple's Gamercard
Ok..Just checking .
BeardedApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:30 PM   #8
DTwirler

Send a message via AIM to DTwirler Send a message via MSN to DTwirler

DTwirler's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Handy. Thanks!

DTwirler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #9
StarSammi

I got 1000G on this game, I give this game a 5 in difficultie.
StarSammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:02 AM   #10
SephVstheWorld

sephvstheworld's Gamercard
Lol, i'll say bout a 7.
SephVstheWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:14 PM   #11
Trixod

Trixod's Gamercard
IMPOSSIBLE 1000 but worth a shot haha xD Frustration here I come!
Old 09-19-2010, 09:36 PM   #12
Starlight126

Starlight126's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Considering that on Human you only have to speedrun and know how to get as much style as possible from easy fights, considering that you will get almost automatically the S on DH and SoS, considering that you are immortal on DMD mode, I'd say that if you have problems with the Bloody Palace it can be quite frustrating, else not so much.
Starlight126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:13 PM   #13
Mr Matty
Banned User

Wave 0 Of Horde's Gamercard
Some tips if you look down a little you will see some videos posted of great help all done on dmd so doing them on any other will be easy

Bloody palace is a breeze with Dante just use super Dante and spam the y button with the stinger that rips through even blitz. Dante is easy too as the stinger move has a back lash effect too i lost 1/4 of the full life on dante
i did it in 1 hour 11 minuets
floor 99 is fun lol

i would leave s ranking anything till last

Heaven and hell mode isnt as easy as said here it can be quite annoying with nero, dante its easy use trickster but i think if you die once or twice it drops dramatically in difficulty holy waters are friends too as s rank will be impossible with the use of supers.

the 10/10 is bang for the full 1000
most people ditch this game after 180 g lol

can you imagine this with online co -op wow
Mr Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #14
Starlight126

Starlight126's Gamercard

Quote:
Bloody palace is a breeze with Dante just use super Dante and spam the y button with the stinger that rips through even blitz.
LoL too bad you have to S rank the Palace though, and Super characters won't allow this.
Quote:
Heaven and hell mode isnt as easy as said here it can be quite annoying with nero, dante its easy use trickster but i think if you die once or twice it drops dramatically in difficulty holy waters are friends too as s rank will be impossible with the use of supers.
What are you talking about? Heaven and Hell isn't easy? You use your gunshot to clear all the levels without any damage and that'd be any hard? And I don't see what's about S rank and Holy Waters talking about Heaven or Hell.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:34 PM   #15
MonkeyGirl

MonkeyGirl's Gamercard
Smile Impossible!!! :)

How do you guys get 46/46 achievements? its impossible. Even the on game leaderboards show people with over 5 million points for completing the entire game. strangely enough more than 10 of them have exactly the same score, i would say they all hacked the game, anyone got some tips for me? Id realy like to know how to unlock Super Dante or Nero realy fast Thank you =D, oh yea 1 more thing, how do you get 1 000 000 Proud souls? wow this game is hard
MonkeyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:42 PM   #16
Starlight126

Starlight126's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyGirl View Post
How do you guys get 46/46 achievements? its impossible. Even the on game leaderboards show people with over 5 million points for completing the entire game. strangely enough more than 10 of them have exactly the same score, i would say they all hacked the game, anyone got some tips for me? Id realy like to know how to unlock Super Dante or Nero realy fast Thank you =D, oh yea 1 more thing, how do you get 1 000 000 Proud souls? wow this game is hard
You can't unlock super-characters "fast"; the only way is beating DMD mode, but know already that they are one of the most useless feature in the game and will be of some help only when you'll be on Hell or Hell mode, which is one of the two modes of the game which don't require you to get S rank on them. The only achievements you'll have left after getting the super characters might be the collectibles, the ones for beating the Bloody Palace and the Hell or Heaven mode (the other mode which doesn't require S-ranks); plus Hell or Hell which is unlocked along with supercharacters as you complete DMD. Then you may have left the S-ranking on any mode. In any case, super characters can help only to beat Hell or Hell and the Bloody Palace, but you need to beat the palace with S rank for another achievement. So...if your goal is 1000G, don't even bother getting the supercharacters; if you only want to get as many achievements as possible, you still have to beat DMD with any rank and then use the supercharacters to finish the Bloody Palace (1 achievement) and Hell or Hell (1 more achievement); for Heaven or Hell you don't need of superchars at all. Two achievements, that's all they can make easier. To reach DMD mode you need to beat SoS first, and for SoS you need Devil Hunter. Without a little of patience and dedication, this is not possible. Also, don't think supercharacters will resolve all your problems, because they provide a good extra, but on average they result only cheaper and more fashionable, not really much stronger (most of all when the problem is not getting hit, they are pretty much the same as normal characters since their power is offensive and not at all defensive, if not to some extent since you can enter Devil-Trigger mode to defend from an upcoming attack but anyways).
Regarding the 1M souls, the best way is on a chapter where you start out of a castle...Jes, I forgot where it is. It may be chapter 9. Anyways, it's a level which starts with Nero going towards a bridge before a castle, and there he meets for the first time a group of Alto Angelo with the usual Bianco Angelos with them. Abuse of their energy ball to beat them quickly and also try not to get hit, don't use items and finish them off with that nice SSS fight rank. Also, the higher the difficulty you'll farm them, the more you'll get.
Time consuming: 8/10; Hard: 8.5/10. Keep on it and don't bother if someone will come and say "oooh why? This game is so easy, 5/10 of difficulty " to make you feel completely unskilled just for the fun of increasing his personal vanity fair. You'll know these people soon if you'll attend this forum.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:07 PM   #17
MonkeyGirl

MonkeyGirl's Gamercard
Thanx for the reply Starlight126 :)

So being Super Dante or Nero doesnt give you unlimited devil trigger like they do in DMC 3, that sux... hehe. Yea you were right about chapter 9 but theres 1 problem, if you complete chapter 11 and change to Dante, going back to chapter 9 for souls doesnt work, the level 9 souls that goes to Nero doesnt transfer to Dante when u wana continue with lvl 11. But they say lvl 20 gives alot of souls so thats why I have 1 more question that bothers me, if you complete all the Human Mode missions and you bought a bunch of skills for your characters, do your skills, orbs or anything stay with your character when going to Mission 1 Devil Hunter Mode? In other words, if I finish Human Mode and wana start Devil Hunter mode do I have to start over with buying skills all over again? Thanx for the help, I realy appreciate it
Old 10-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #18
Starlight126

Starlight126's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyGirl View Post
So being Super Dante or Nero doesnt give you unlimited devil trigger like they do in DMC 3, that sux... hehe. Yea you were right about chapter 9 but theres 1 problem, if you complete chapter 11 and change to Dante, going back to chapter 9 for souls doesnt work, the level 9 souls that goes to Nero doesnt transfer to Dante when u wana continue with lvl 11. But they say lvl 20 gives alot of souls so thats why I have 1 more question that bothers me, if you complete all the Human Mode missions and you bought a bunch of skills for your characters, do your skills, orbs or anything stay with your character when going to Mission 1 Devil Hunter Mode? In other words, if I finish Human Mode and wana start Devil Hunter mode do I have to start over with buying skills all over again? Thanx for the help, I realy appreciate it
No, it does give you unlimited devil trigger, but it only provides slightly stronger moves, definitely stronger buster attacks, more guard-breaking strikes and the defensive trigger. And it does help on Hell or Hell and on the Bloody Palace (I've never tried it on BP but it's obvious it's easier with super-chars), and makes Dante absolutely untouchable (while actually with Nero it's not a great advantage; ok, stronger buster are good, but in normal situations they may just result too long, hence a double-edge if you're not just against one single enemy which you're bustering; Nero has also the gunshots to guard break and they work better). The problem is, on Hell or Hell it's a nice help and ok, eventhough it's not at all required, it can make things some easier, and it's fine.
On Bloody Palace, unless you don't aim for the 1000G, you CAN'T use supercharacters, they basically prevent you from getting the achievement because the mechanics at the base of the game say that your score is 1/5 of the original one if you use a supercharacter, and your score is what determines your rank, hence using them means not getting anything good, probably it prevents getting a B (and for more reasons it prevents also A and S of course) overall for maths issues. That's why they're useless after all: you use them, ok, cool, it's easier, but your achievements won't unlock. Get the point now? With that said, I used them the least I could, only on Hell or Hell, and once I understood that I could die and reload abusing of checkpoints and enemie's weakened, I really felt it was pointless to keep with them. It always helps though, most of all with Dante because he gets immortal in 99% of the situations.

Regarding your other question, there are some things to say.
First of all, I forgot to mention, 'cause I thought it went without saying, that you have to quit and restart (simply restart) the level once you beat the Angelos sending back the energy ball.
Second, orbs and souls are the same BOTH going from Dante to Nero AND going from any difficult to any other.
Third, which explains the second, the spent souls STACK with your current ones for the achievements. Let's make an example. You have 40k proud souls overall and spend none of them. Then, you spend 30k proud souls for buying some skills for Nero. Current situations: you have 10k proud souls with Nero and 40k proud souls with Dante. But it's only appearently different! You can get back the spent souls with Nero, so you have again no skills for him but 40k proud souls. This means that both Nero and Dante have the same quantity of souls (40k) and that when you read "10k souls" when you are with Nero and you have purchased your skills, the game detects 10k (which you can spend) + 30k (which you spent) = 40k.
Therefore, you farm them once, and as long as you don't change your game data you'll keep them. You'll carry them on different difficulties, just like items and red orbs, you'll carry them on any character you use (both Nero and Dante, but also super-Nero and super-Dante if you wonder).
For this reason, the game doesn't even want you to have 1M proud souls at once meant as 1,000,000 ready to be spent. No! It's enough that the [current proud souls you have]+[proud souls you've spent for purchasing skills] = 1,000,000
That is to say that you don't even have to bother with selling skills to get the achievement, because the game counts the money you've spent.

Also, note that this applies to red orbs too! For this reason, don't save your red orbs because you want to get your achievements (those regarding orbs collection) as soon as possible and then spend them. It's a wrong approach. Just purchase what you need, possibly not wasting what you buy (actually, you shouldn't use a single item before SoS, also because they're another huge rank-killer) and giving priority to DT and Health upgrades (DT >> Health ones), and you'll work on your red orbs without backtracking. Which means, yes, that you won't unlock your 1,000,000 orbs/souls achievements when you'll read 1,000,000 orbs/souls in your menu, but you'll read some lower numbers because actually you'll probably have spent the most of them on skills/items, but those you had spent still count.

Regarding mission 20, most people say it's a good farming situation -- wrong. No-hurt is not the easiest, and it is already a good point against that level. Then it's not always quick unless you get the right rythm with the boss, but after 6 times fighting him, I'm sure that my best level of training wouldn't have been enough to constantly kick him. Moreover you may even get killed in the process if you're not careful enough, because you always want to farm on DMD to get much more souls (3.75 times more than on Human) and the boss isn't exactly your bitch. Plus, you can't get enough points if you don't fight cool (in the other method to be cool you need to shoot a charged shot...). It will stress a lot on the long run, then. The rate of incomes is not good, the place is not safe, it doesn't take few to perform...it's not the right way if you ask me. Mission 09 is much better than this, I'm sure. Then, of course, if you become a genius of the game you may find it better for some reasons, but I don't think so. And of course there might be another unknown spot in the game for a better farming, but I can't even think at a better situation than one situation which provides easy style points at the beginning of the level for an extremely easy no-hurt (these are all the factors to take into account when searching a place to farm souls).

Last edited by Starlight126; 10-21-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #19
MonkeyGirl

MonkeyGirl's Gamercard
Smile Starlight126

Yea thanx for all the answers and replies, I know about the 1 000 000 souls and inifinite devil mode, I just read something wrong for a second, sorry hehe(dont get mad :-(. ) Yea i see now its realy not worth it trying to farm mission 20 on any difficulty but my 1 problem stays the same, ill try to explain it better this time:

Lets say I finished lvl 11 in human mode with Nero and bought all his skills before lvl 11. When you change into Dante your skills get sold and everything, items orbs, and all that gets transfered to Dante. So now Dante has like maybe 50 000 Souls(just an example). I spent 49000 souls(1000 are left) to buy skills for Dante then realised I need more for the other skills. If you save and all that and go back to mission 9 youll be Nero again with the Angelos. If you kill the Angelos with the SSS rank you get like 500-600 souls yea, then you should say Retry mission to acquire them yea. BUT if you save with your lets say 1500-1600 souls on Nero and you wana continue Mission 11 with Dante then Dante does NOT have more souls. He still has the 1000 souls that was left from the previous purchases. So basically im saying that you have to have alteast 100 000 souls before playing with Dante or doing Mission 11, coz theres no way to farm souls for Dante from Mission 11-18. unless you can somehow farm the lvl 18,19 bosses, but thatll take alot of time and frustration and then its the end of the game so theres no point.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:21 PM   #20
Starlight126

Starlight126's Gamercard

Nope, there must be something which you have missed.
As a matter of fact, the point is just that: if you do what you said (50k souls total; 49k spent for Dante's skills, 1k left; you go farming with Nero 600 souls, then get back on Dante) you will have 1,600 souls available for Dante. Farming them with Dante equals farming them for Nero too and viceversa. By the way, keep in mind that the income is much better on DMD, so don't stress too much on farming before reaching that difficulty mode because you'd waste a lot of time.
Also, if that was not like this (that is to say, Dante and Nero have different "accounts" where to save their souls), then it would take muuuuch more to farm for both. Instead, if you have just beaten Human mode, you for sure have noticed that now that you started with Nero again on Devil Hunter you have more souls than those which you had left when completing mission 11; in this case, the "farming" (actually just simple playing) using Dante from mission 12-18 on Human is what earnt Nero the same amount of souls, hence the possibility to buy some more for the upcoming missions on Devil Hunter or whatever.
Check one more time, be sure you write correctly the amount of proud souls you have with Dante, then fight with Nero another mission, get back on Dante and your souls will be increased. To say, you have 1,000 souls with Dante and 0 with Nero; you farm 600 with Nero => Nero will have 600, Dante 1,600.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #21
Zander Soulwind

Zander Soulwind's Gamercard
Seriously, I would be nowhere without this site. I haven't done most of the game yet but I have done a lot more than I thought I ever would do, especially some of the S rank achievements and it's good to know that you don't need S ranking on Hell and Hell, that would have been very hard. Thanks for the guide.
Zander Soulwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:27 AM   #22
Etach

Etach's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide,
Etach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:44 PM   #23
YungTerror93

YungTerror93's Gamercard
Talking

this guide is really coming in handy... thanks
YungTerror93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:55 PM   #24
VariousWaves

ASsistantMage's Gamercard
why does capcom have to make their achievements so difficult
VariousWaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #25
SexySandslash

Send a message via Skype™ to SexySandslash

BleeD THe FiLTH's Gamercard
Thanks

Thanks, this helped out.
SexySandslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:15 PM   #26
suwar

Smile

its easy to get 1000 in devil may cry and if anyone want 1000 sent me a message Sniper Wolf Kid or negar2010 i will help u in my way
suwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:33 PM   #27
JasoX

RunWild81's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide, its pretty hard to hit 1000 in this one
JasoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:55 AM   #28
M4XMOTORMOUTH

M4XMOTORMOUTH's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide!!
M4XMOTORMOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #29
HumanoidMule

humanoidmule's Gamercard
I'm almost there, i only need four more achievments..
HumanoidMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #30
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanoidMule View Post
I'm almost there, i only need four more achievments..
Four? You mean 22. But I know what you mean...

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 04-04-2012 at 01:33 PM.
ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote