Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Kinect
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
QueenDeadite

Queen Deadite's Gamercard
Kinect Interupts Netflix/Hulu

Does anyone else's Kinect start to rewind tv shows/movies from lines off of whatever you are watching? This happens to me all the time if the sensor is plugged in.
QueenDeadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I never used my Kinect, but my friend told me that his Kinect stopped the movie because someone in the movie yelled "STOP" really loudly. Just try disconnecting the kinect, or it will try to take voice commands. Or keep the Kinect away from the TV so it wont interpret the movie as Voice Commands.

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
I never used my Kinect, but my friend told me that his Kinect stopped the movie because someone in the movie yelled "STOP" really loudly. Just try disconnecting the kinect, or it will try to take voice commands. Or keep the Kinect away from the TV so it wont interpret the movie as Voice Commands.
It doesn't work like that; to prompt voice commands you first have to say "Xbox." So unless the movie said "Xbox stop" then Kinect shouldn't respond.

At the original post, I have experienced some oddities with Hulu/Netflix, like it backing out of menus and pressing random buttons, but I don't think it actually has anything to do with Kinect (again because it seems to be simulating button presses).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
TwinTipZ

TwinTipZ's Gamercard
I have the same things happen to me. However, one does need to say "xbox" first before the commands can be made. Its definitely an issue with the app itself
Old 01-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #5
Hanseas

Hanseas's Gamercard
I feel so newbie didnt know u can use Netflix with Kinect @_@, or just voice command?.. cause i cant move anything with my hands. Ty for the info.,
Hanseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #6
Worhammer

Worhammer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I think you gotta wave at it first, like on the dashboard.

Maybe I'm wrong, though. It's easier to just use a controller IMO.

"The average white man thinks about sex every six seconds, but he only thinks about sex with a black man once a year."
Worhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #7
Pyrochaos

AOS Pyrochaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worhammer View Post
I think you gotta wave at it first, like on the dashboard.

Maybe I'm wrong, though. It's easier to just use a controller IMO.
No, it's actually always on voice command when the sensor is on. I had to turn my off when not using it, because Netflix always paused or did something even when I hadn't used Kinect that day.

Pyrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:08 AM   #8
SuperPowerKill

SuperPowerKill's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
It doesn't work like that; to prompt voice commands you first have to say "Xbox." So unless the movie said "Xbox stop" then Kinect shouldn't respond.

At the original post, I have experienced some oddities with Hulu/Netflix, like it backing out of menus and pressing random buttons, but I don't think it actually has anything to do with Kinect (again because it seems to be simulating button presses).
^
This is BS.

QueenDeadite, I've had similar issues. Was just watching one of the first three episodes of Dr. Who (2005) on Netflix a few hours ago and the show was paused by what they said and there where a couple of times where I had issues with it wanting to skip to the next episode. It was quiet frustrating. I always thought that you had to say 'Xbox' first, unless the Kinect was misinterpreting what they said. But then it was quiet clear when they said 'stop'. :-/

Imma go through the audio setup again and see if that helps. Will keep ya updated. ^_^
SuperPowerKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:42 AM   #9
SuperPowerKill

SuperPowerKill's Gamercard
Nope, the video still stopped when some one on the TV said 'stop'
SuperPowerKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #10
Lirpa93

Send a message via Skype™ to Lirpa93

Lirpa93's Gamercard
I've been having a lot of issues with this lately.

No idea why.

I've noticed my kinect confuses 'shut up' sometimes with stop.

It's in a place where it's hard to connect and disconnect it, so it's been quite aggravating. O_O
Lirpa93 is offline   Reply With Quote