PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
Aiden 514

Aiden 514's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Bring a Dragon scale and bone to Esbern?

Not really any spoilers but hey...

So I gave him the Dragon scale and a Dragon bone, he gave me a poition that I drank it did nothing... And now I just have the miscellaneous quest still there even if I try to talk to him again there is no mention of the potion or anything

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

If you send a friend request, please send a message saying you're from here
Aiden 514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
CRA166 T

CRA166 T's Gamercard
Think this is glitched it does nothing.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
ofay

Nopunchespulled's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Any idea what it was supposed to do?
ofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
After I killed a piticular dragon, I got the "talk to Esbern" quest but when I did, he just rambled on. Nothing was mentioned in the quest about taking him any dragon scales. What's odd is, I had some on me at the time. And the talk to him quest is still open.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:52 PM   #5
oooo yeah

oooo yeah's Gamercard
Yeah, unfortunately this quest is only finishable on the pc with console command. Apparently you are meant to drink it and get a PERMANENT bonus of 25% less damage from dragons melee. A guess this is just one more reason why it's far better to leave old Paarthunax alive.
oooo yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #6
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo yeah View Post
Yeah, unfortunately this quest is only finishable on the pc with console command. Apparently you are meant to drink it and get a PERMANENT bonus of 25% less damage from dragons melee. A guess this is just one more reason why it's far better to leave old Paarthunax alive.
Paarthurnax is so cool anyway, why would anyone want to kill him? I could never bring myself to do it.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #7
zarda1

Zarda1's Gamercard
you can drink the potion and even though its not listed as active you will still recieve it's effect. the quest will usually stay in your journal.
zarda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #8
thetrellan

tmillercl09's Gamercard
Chickinonachain, by now you probably know that you were at an earlier point and that Esbern won't help you any more until you kill Parthurnax as he demanded.
thetrellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #9
thetrellan

tmillercl09's Gamercard
After playing Skyrim into the ground, I've come to the conclusion that aspects of various missions glitch unless you do exactly what's expected of you. In this case, they expect you to go kill a dragon and bring the bones and scales to Esbern. Another example is if you find the word in Silverdrift before receiving a letter to seek it out, which causes the wall to just make sizzling sounds when you approach and not give up its word. There are many more such examples. I've come to the conclusion that it's best to not explore the locations you find until you're told and to seek items when asked even if they are already in your inventory. Finding, say, King Olaf's book too soon will result in that completed mission remaining on your to do list. Not always, but too often for my taste.
However, you don't really have to go on scavenger hunts blind, as it turns out. Just call up your objectives and select just one, then hit the B button and the map comes up with your destination already selected and centered more or less. Even if the objective you want won't seem to select this works. Just click and hit B.
Wait, just did the bardic mission again. The mission cleared, and all I did different was to leave the conversation before giving up the Olaf book. Just so you know.

Last edited by thetrellan; 06-23-2012 at 09:04 PM.
thetrellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:50 AM   #10
IRISH POTATO3s

IRISH POTATO3S's Gamercard
just a broken quest
IRISH POTATO3s is offline   Reply With Quote