PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > FIFA 12
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-24-2012, 01:31 AM   #61
DEG23
Listening to Currents

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
Also, on this site there will probably be another e-mail that the hackers will use to change your password. You should have also gotten a confirmation e-mail about adding another e-mail to your account. If you haven't already added your own, you should do so. It helped me detect the breach in under 24 hours and helped me get my account back without MS support.

Additional Tip:
Make sure the password on the e-mail you list is different from your windows live ID password so they can't remove your e-mail. I was able to reset my password via my e-mail, remove the hacker e-mail, and change my password. They may have also changed my security question because when I called MS support the answer I gave didn't check out.
I never recieved an e-mail about another e-mail being added to my account, in fact no passwords or addresses were comprimised in my case. Does this effect your additional tip?

Reason i ask is because when i go to the link you provided to the security page i can't find an option to change my password to make it different to my Live ID password?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
always remember; ''WWTD'' (What would Taylor do?)
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:42 AM   #62
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I never recieved an e-mail about another e-mail being added to my account, in fact no passwords or addresses were comprimised in my case. Does this effect your additional tip?

Reason i ask is because when i go to the link you provided to the security page i can't find an option to change my password to make it different to my Live ID password?
First of all: You can add another contact e-mail to use instead of your Windows LIVE ID. Your LIVE ID does not change but if you reset your password, you can have a link sent to that e-mail to do the reset. For example, if your LIVE ID is liveidsample@hotmail.com, you can use johnsmith@yahoo.com to reset your password and also get other security confirmation e-mails. That yahoo e-mail will get all your subscription e-mails as well when you buy/redeem LIVE months and MSP.

My suggestion is to use different passwords for both accounts because that contact e-mail is visible if someone logs in to your account.

I don't really know what you mean saying that "no passwords or addresses were compromised in my case". How can you know that? Your LIVE password was not changed?
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:03 AM   #63
DEG23
Listening to Currents

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
First of all: You can add another contact e-mail to use instead of your Windows LIVE ID. Your LIVE ID does not change but if you reset your password, you can have a link sent to that e-mail to do the reset. For example, if your LIVE ID is liveidsample@hotmail.com, you can use johnsmith@yahoo.com to reset your password and also get other security confirmation e-mails. That yahoo e-mail will get all your subscription e-mails as well when you buy/redeem LIVE months and MSP.
Appreciate the reply. That makes sense now, i was thinking you could have different passwords for the one account.

Quote:
I don't really know what you mean saying that "no passwords or addresses were compromised in my case". How can you know that? Your LIVE password was not changed?
Poor choice of words on my part. I had no new e-mails added, or passwords/security answers changed. I think whoever hacked my account just did it to use the points then left everything as is. Judging from what is happening to others, i was lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
always remember; ''WWTD'' (What would Taylor do?)
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:13 AM   #64
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Poor choice of words on my part. I had no new e-mails added, or passwords/security answers changed. I think whoever hacked my account just did it to use the points then left everything as is. Judging from what is happening to others, i was lucky.
I think using points is their primary goal, with jacking your account to sell or using your CC to buy LIVE and points for other family accounts to sell as secondary or alternate.

Having that second e-mail to get your account back seemed to really help me so I figure it would help everyone else here too. They can't remove it from your account without getting into your second e-mail as well. While it's not impossible, it just adds another layer of protection.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:21 AM   #65
RuggersAssassin

Send a message via AIM to RuggersAssassin

RuggersAssassin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
----: David, because of the issue that is currently going on I would need to refer you to the phones for further assistance. I can get the phone number for our support desk.
you: Are there more problems with the FIFA account hack?
----: I really can't comment any further, David, I'm sorry.

Xbox customer support chat. Sounds like Microsoft has a bit of a problem on their hands.

Also, I feel like Webb should post an article on this. To show the poor performance of EA and Microsoft and how they always say, at least Microsoft, that they are very secure. Yet they take no action. Also, look at the members getting hacked were veteran players and probably smarter than most who get scammed by giving away information. This is a serious scam. I had no clue it has been going on for so long according to the articles. This needs mainstream attention.

^Thanks to SeedyEvil for the Sig^

Last edited by RuggersAssassin; 01-24-2012 at 02:29 AM.
RuggersAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #66
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggersAssassin View Post

Also, I feel like Webb should post an article on this. To show the poor performance of EA and Microsoft and how they always say, at least Microsoft, that they are very secure. Yet they take no action. Also, look at the members getting hacked were veteran players and probably smarter than most who get scammed by giving away information. This is a serious scam. I had no clue it has been going on for so long according to the articles. This needs mainstream attention.
I agree with this being posted on the main page.

You guys have done a really good job on this thread but the problem is most people will not see this thread until they notice FIFA on their games played list and come to the FIFA forum to investigate. That is too late.

There are a lot of rumours about this and most of them are not true. Up until this thread was created by Tyger7 I thought this was a problem with people who had EA accounts or used the same Live id/Password for multiple accounts. That is not true and pretty scary if you ask me.

This thread needs a spot on in the general discussion forum where it will be seen. It can give people a chance to add that extra level of protection before they are hacked.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #67
mentaljason

Mental Jay's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
There was a news article a while back. The problem is that the vast majority of people who haven't been hacked were leaving comments suggesting we were all just falling for the most obvious phishing scams or we had passwords like 'password'. Despite how many people commented that that was not the case when they got hacked, it was largely ignored. People just figure it won't happen to them
Old 01-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #68
RuggersAssassin

My report:

Good news everyone. My account was recovered and I beat the hacker to changing the password. I removed his email and the account is now secure at the moment until Mircrosoft investigate it. I was not charged on my credit card, Thank God! He/She just used my current points and bought those jumbo packs. I have reset my security question and updated email information. Is there anything else I need to check to improve security?

Question of the day: How do I remove my credit card from Xbox? They won't let me because it's "enabled." Good thing it expired on 9/30/11 so it probably didn't work for the hacker. Thank God for expiration dates, did I just say that? Wow. Anyways i'm secure to my knowledge and have the most security options enabled. I just need the investigation to go underway so I can get my 1600 MP back. Other than that, is it safe to use this account? Should I make a new Windows Live ID? At the moment I don't want to change emails because everything school related is sent to me on this. Thanks Shinobi for your amazing help and being better than MS's support team. Your the man!

Here is what was stolen: 1640 MP to 20 MP. $20 and change in damage. Also my completion and a a FIFA game on my account, that hurts as well.

1/23/2012PREMIUM SILVER PACK--Game Consumable-6020
1/23/2012PREMIUM GOLD PACK--Game Consumable-12080
1/23/2012PREMIUM GOLD JUMBO--Game Consumable-240200
1/23/2012PREMIUM GOLD JUMBO--Game Consumable-240440
1/23/2012PREMIUM GOLD JUMBO--Game Consumable-240680
1/23/2012PREMIUM GOLD JUMBO--Game Consumable-240920
1/23/2012PREMIUM GOLD JUMBO--Game Consumable-2401,160
1/23/2012PREMIUM GOLD JUMBO--Game Consumable-2401,400

Beginning points balance:1,640
End Balance: 20 MP

Wow. Brain knowledge. EA accounts right? I just played the Kingdoms of Amalur Demo the day before I got hacked and EA made me accept their policy, but I didn't have to sign in on anything, just accept it. Is this the cause?

Last edited by RuggersAssassin; 01-24-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #69
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

I'm not too familiar with changing your Windows LIVE ID. If it is possible to change to an email you will remember (cannot forget) and will not use, I would say to go for it.

To remove a CC, someone in the thread said you had to call MS support but I thought it was possible from xbox.com or the dashboard. I think Tyger or one of the links he put up said it had to remain during the investigation but they also had fraudulent charges.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:05 PM   #70
RuggersAssassin

Quote:
I'm not too familiar with changing your Windows LIVE ID. If it is possible to change to an email you will remember (cannot forget) and will not use, I would say to go for it.

To remove a CC, someone in the thread said you had to call MS support but I thought it was possible from xbox.com or the dashboard. I think Tyger or one of the links he put up said it had to remain during the investigation but they also had fraudulent charges.

Okay. My investigation seems pointless for now except for getting my points back. But that Demo, I'm sure that's how I got hacked. I used it the same day and EA emailed me. I didn't sign/login anywhere but I accepted those dumb terms when playing the demo. This needs to be made known. Don't play that demo.

Ok. I can't remove it, but it expired so it won't work anways. So it's useless now anyways.Screw you microsoft, i'm not updating my new expiration date. Suck it. Still like to remove it in case though.

Last edited by RuggersAssassin; 01-24-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:17 AM   #71
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

I haven't played the KA demo but I do have an EA account. I don't remember why I have one lol. Maybe Mass Effect 2 or Need for Speed: Undercover or Hot Pursuit.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #72
Kill Jim 16

Having an account with EA seems to be the root of the problem! their the only developers on xbox that require details!

I doubt theres a person out there who hasnt played an EA game, as N4S, fifa and battlefield are huge releases.

Ok, so if no one is giving their details out then how are these hackers getting in? xbox sercurity is a joke and how they can say theres not a problem is beyond me.

I found this story which happened on 03/01/12. Its incredibly informative on the whole situation and will help ppl who have been hacked.

http://www.hackedonxbox.com/microsoft/
Kill Jim 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #73
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:

Yes, you have to call Microsoft to remove your CC from your account. This cannot be done through xbox.com.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #74
junk219

GoodWhistle75's Gamercard
I was hacked

I was FIFA hacked two weeks ago and finally got back on xbox live. I have never signed up for an EA account before yet I have one as of October of 2011 that I did not sign up for. October is also the month I signed up for my one month free trial on xbox live. The EA account is tied to the email address on my Xbox live account but the name looks as if someone just typed random keys because it doesn't look like any coherent word or abbreviation. It appears as if someone created an EA account linked to my Gamertag and after 3 months of attempts figured out my password through some sort of password cracker, then proceeded to take full advantage of my points and credit card on file. I have since reset the passwords on both my Xbox live and EA accounts but still feeling very nervous about being on Xbox live.
junk219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #75
RuggersAssassin

My investigation was completed today. They recovered my account, which I already did myself so it didn't matter. I was refunded my 1620 points and given a month of Xbox Live. This problem must be common because for Micrsoft standards, 4 days is fast.

Last edited by RuggersAssassin; 01-25-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #76
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Quote:
My investigation was completed today. They recovered my account, which I already did myself so it didn't matter. I was refunded my 1620 points and given a month of Xbox Live. This problems must be rampant because for Micrsoft that was fast done within 4 days.
I guess I will need to call them back because I have not gotten my refund yet.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:16 PM   #77
united1409

Quote:
This problem must be common because for Micrsoft standards, 4 days is fast.
I had my xbox live account hacked on saturday at about 5pm, my investigation was completed on monday night.
4 days is VERY fast, but my investigation took 2 days!!!

The thing thats worrying me though is that when i was on the phone to microsoft support, i was told that microsoft had hired more staff to deal with fraud claims and that they usually investigate and return accounts within a week now. Why is this?

They hire more staff to deal with these problems faster, and yet they still deny there is a anything wrong.
Its rumoured that microsoft will announce their new console at E3 later this year, the last thing they need right now is all the publicity that Sony recieved about their security breach.
Microsft obviously have a security flaw and are doing everything they can to cause as little uproar as possible.
united1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:22 PM   #78
RuggersAssassin

I completely agree with you United. Bad press is not good for Microsoft, and these temporary or permanenet workers that investigate this can keep it 'undercover' so Microsoft does not have its status blown into proportion. They don't want to see their status as a company decline as Sony's did with the hack, especially as you said with a new console on the way shall the rumors bes true. Keeping it underwraps and hiring more people is probably more cost efficient than announcing a breach and tainting Microsoft's status as a company and their stocks in turn. They will try to control it until its out of proportion. For now, its not a full on assault it seems.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #79
united1409

Quote:
Keeping it underwraps and hiring more people is probably more cost efficient than announcing a breach and tainting Microsoft's status as a company and their stocks in turn.
Exactly!! We are the ones being made fools of, all in the cause of protecting greedy companies reputations.
Microsoft support at no point asked me if i think i might have been tricked into giving my details to someone, its as if they knew that i didnt.
Can anyone else who has been hacked recently remember if they were asked if they gave details to anyone?
Its as if microsoft knew how id been hacked before they even investigated.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #80
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by united1409 View Post
Exactly!! We are the ones being made fools of, all in the cause of protecting greedy companies reputations.
Microsoft support at no point asked me if i think i might have been tricked into giving my details to someone, its as if they knew that i didnt.
Can anyone else who has been hacked recently remember if they were asked if they gave details to anyone?
Its as if microsoft knew how id been hacked before they even investigated.
Everything being hypothetical, would it have made any difference if they announced a major breach and that they would not be able to do anything to protect your account? I'm not happy about being hacked but I would also like to believe that MS does not want it happening as much as members do. If that were the case, I'm sure LIVE would be completely shut down just like PSN.

Actually, I dislike EA so much that I wouldn't hold it against MS if they allowed it intentionally just to burn EA and trick them into giving away their digital content. I will be pissed if MS absorbs the cost and EA makes a windfall on the fruad.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:41 AM   #81
united1409

I see your point shinobi, and no it probably wont have made any difference to me if they announced a major security breach.
But i think it would maybe make a huge impact on sales of their rumoured new console, and it would also mean less users would be willing to add credit cards etc. to their accounts and that would mean less customers having their xbox live gold auto renewed, less customers purchasing games and points with credit cards.
Also im sure that after Sony's recent security breach, microsoft gained quite a few new customers.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #82
natho420

xDevilsMagiic's Gamercard
Quote:
I guess I will need to call them back because I have not gotten my refund yet.
Didn't get mine back now, and i just couldn't be f to call them back, they didn't help me at all.

natho420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #83
TVthePunisher
AV24: W. - "Hail Hydra"

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   House of Horrors Challenge Club - Tier 1   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Is it even safe for me to play anything EA right now? Like I'm eventually getting Dead Space 2 and I have that Reckoning demo but shit...I don't want simply playing those games to screw with things. I also tried logging into EA with my xbox live details, thankfully it didn't recognize anything. So my account isn't linked to there but...this shit's got me all nervous and crap.

What do you see, when you look at me? That I'm angry? That I could hurt you? It must be my eyes...creeping along your body, you can feel the death waiting for you in my eyes.
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #84
loyaltitan

Loyaltitan's Gamercard
I have just found out my Account has been compromised they have not changed my Gt but I have 35gs on Fifa 12 and lost about 2300points they bought nearly all jumbo pack except 1 gold back and a silver pack to leave me with 10ms points

Im rather peeved and will be phoning microsoft tomorrow.

Since I have drastically changed my privacy settings and passwords also password is now required on any console that is not mine for sign in just in case
loyaltitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:31 PM   #85
ViniBT

ViniBT's Gamercard
So this is my brief:

- Hacked: jan. 25 about 22:00h
- Called Support: 2 hours later
- Account restored and refunded: jan 26 about 21:00h
- Itens bought: Premium Gold Jumbo
- Achievements unlocked: 3 (total of 35G)
- EA account: yes, with the same data/password of Xbox LIVE (now it's different, of course).
- Windows LIVE password: strong, 11 digits, mixing numbers, capital and lower case (now it's even stronger).
- PC status: totally clean (Original MS Windows, Malwrebytes Antimalware, Security Essentials, only me using it).

I still can't believe that this whole shit is happening and nothing happens to fix it.

I'm really pissed off.
ViniBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:39 PM   #86
MasterXanthan

Master Xanthan's Gamercard
I'm thinking that having your EA account and your xbox live login information being different probably helps in avoiding the hack. I've had an EA account for a while because I play Battlefield 3, KoA Demo, ME2, Dragon Age 1 and 2, and nothing has happened to me yet. Then again maybe it has nothing to do with it and I'm just lucky.
MasterXanthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:31 PM   #87
RuggersAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVthePunisher View Post
Is it even safe for me to play anything EA right now? Like I'm eventually getting Dead Space 2 and I have that Reckoning demo but shit...I don't want simply playing those games to screw with things. I also tried logging into EA with my xbox live details, thankfully it didn't recognize anything. So my account isn't linked to there but...this shit's got me all nervous and crap.
I would still play EA games. But first, make sure your credit card, if attached is removed. You have to call MS to do this. Then go ahead and play those games. Even if you do get hacked, it's a hassle, but you will get refunded and MS will pay to fix anything due to the security breach, even a Gamertag change. It's completely random, nothing you can do to prevent unless you avoid all EA games which is hard. Just make your passwords strong and keep a watch on your email. Other than that, don't develop EAphobia haha. I hate EA, but they do publish good games and you don't want this hacking to spoil your fun.

Last edited by RuggersAssassin; 01-29-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:19 AM   #88
TVthePunisher
AV24: W. - "Hail Hydra"

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   House of Horrors Challenge Club - Tier 1   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Yeah I know because I heard this Reckoning demo unlocks some stuff for Mass Effect 3 which I eventually intend to play. You'd think with the technology we have today they could figure out who these hackers are and I don't know...take care of them. =/ sigh...and it's always the same people doing the same thing with so many different accounts, it can't be THAT many individuals right?

What do you see, when you look at me? That I'm angry? That I could hurt you? It must be my eyes...creeping along your body, you can feel the death waiting for you in my eyes.
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #89
Fabioo

Royalfakedog's Gamercard
Got hacked by this too on the 15th of January and still waiting for my account to get unfrozen and refunded. Probably will call Microsoft back soon because almost everyone is getting their accounts refunded within 1-4 days and I'm waiting 2 weeks already. Luckily I didn't have a credit card attached to my account.
Fabioo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:34 AM   #90
tcoz18

The tominator 18's Gamercard
got hacked this morning. turned on my xbox around 11AM and got a message saying I was last on a different console. Looked at my card and saw fifa 12 at the top. Immediately called xbox and they said they would open up an investigation on it. Only had about 840 pts. and no CC on it thank goodness.
tcoz18 is offline   Reply With Quote