PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto IV
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
DDShadow88

ddshadow88's Gamercard
Happiness Island boosting issues

I just started the grind to Rank 10 this morning after reading about and watching the videos on the Happiness Island boosting method for Wanted. I set up my 2 Xboxes with two gold accounts, two copies of GTAIV and both accounts have TBoGT (downloadable version). I removed the spawn shield for the dummy account (the host and account that will be dying) and start up a Deathmatch on Happiness Island, 60 minutes, Spawn set to Near and Respawn time at one second. I drag both accounts to the pier where the boost takes place. This is where my problems start.

Firstly, the boosting method says to disconnect the controller of the host because this somehow increases the amount of ammo that spawns at your feet or at the very least decreases the amount of time it takes for ammo to respawn. I disconnect my dummy account's controller, and two "Please reconnect the controller" messages come up, one from the Xbox console and the other from GTAIV itself. This also pauses the dummy account's game, preventing it from respawning until the controller is reconnected and your click away from the pause menu. Why does this happen? The method is supposed to be AFKable.

Secondly, I once managed to disconnect the host controller without the host's game pausing and I proceeded to kill it over and over with my main account. However I ran out of ammo for my sniper rifle after about ten minutes because the ammo continued to spawn at it's normal, slow rate and the respawning couldn't keep up with how much ammo I was using. Twice as much is supposed to spawn when the host controller is disconnected (or a normal amount is supposed to spawn faster) but this wasn't happening to me. Why?

Am I missing something here? Can someone explain why the Happiness Island method isn't working for me as advertised? Would appreciate any help you guys can give : )

Edit: I solved the issue. Turns out that doing the rubberband RT/Disconnect host version of the Happiness Island boost won't work with the original GTAIV + TBoGT, as disconnecting a controller while in an original GTAIV MP match will prevent that player from ever respawning. In a TLaD MP game though, disconnecting a controller doesn't stop a player from respawning thus allowing one to take advantage of the double ammo spawn glitch and use the boosting method to it's full potential.

Last edited by DDShadow88; 01-19-2012 at 03:19 PM.
DDShadow88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
iSs Baillie

iFozy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
You idiot, lol.
iSs Baillie is offline   Reply With Quote