PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3 > Fenix Rising
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
Aqua18

Aquatic Neon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Who want's to bet 3rd re up and last Level 100 will be achievements in the final DLC

I'm willing to bet both these are going to be achievements in the last DLC (since epic loves to make us grind), but I'm wondering if we should wait to re up to the last section until after the DLC is out because how can you re-up and get the achievement if you already did it?

Waiting for: Rare Games in making Viva Pinata, Banjo Kazooie, Kameo?
Lucasarts: Please add the Hoth DLC achievements for Force Unleashed
Aqua18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
V4Vodka

V4Vodka's Gamercard
My guess would be that in that case the achievement would automatically pop once you download the dlc or after you play 1 game, kinda like "I've done it all" in Fenix Rising.

On another not, has it been confirmed that there will be more achievements? The game already has 1750G possible, which I think is the maximum.
V4Vodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
Int3rnalF3ar

Krayzie OutKast's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by V4Vodka View Post
My guess would be that in that case the achievement would automatically pop once you download the dlc or after you play 1 game, kinda like "I've done it all" in Fenix Rising.

On another not, has it been confirmed that there will be more achievements? The game already has 1750G possible, which I think is the maximum.
Yes, it has been confirmed. I don't have a link, but it was one of the news articles on this very site. Knowing Epic, they will have a achievement for reuping a third time like you said, but not reach 100, since that's basically already part of Seriously 3.0.

Even though I hate the idea, I can see them adding a achievement for maxing Horde fortifications.

1200/1200 Halo Wars
1700/1700 Halo: Reach
1000/1000 Halo: CE Anniversary
1000/1000 Halo 2 (PC)
1000/1000 Halo 3: ODST
1750/1750 Halo 3
250/250 Halo: Spartan Assault (Windows 8)
250/250 Halo: Spartan Assault (Windows Phone)
400/400 Halo: Spartan Assault (Xbox 360)
1000/1000 Halo: Spartan Assault (Xbox One)
2000/2000 Halo 4

532/532 total achievements unlocked.
Int3rnalF3ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
Aqua18

Aquatic Neon's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4Vodka View Post

Yeah it's the first Xbox Live game to 2000G confirmed sorry to lazy too look for a link look it up though.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #5
Phantomzero17

Phantomzero17's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua18 View Post
Yeah it's the first Xbox Live game to 2000G confirmed sorry to lazy too look for a link look it up though.
First non-region specific Live game for 2000G on the 360.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #6
Aqua18

Aquatic Neon's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomzero17 View Post
First non-region specific Live game for 2000G on the 360.
Or the better way to put it the first actually good game that people have heard of to hit 2000G lol

Old 01-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #7
I R BFOG

xBFOGx's Gamercard
But wouldnt that make the fenix rising dlc a must for people to be able to use this re-up feature in dlc 4? I dont think they can design achievements that require you to own 2 dlcs. I could be wrong though, M$ tends to let epic bend the rules a lot - the ribbons achievement for example.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:30 AM   #8
Aqua18

Aquatic Neon's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by I R BFOG View Post
But wouldnt that make the fenix rising dlc a must for people to be able to use this re-up feature in dlc 4? I dont think they can design achievements that require you to own 2 dlcs. I could be wrong though, M$ tends to let epic bend the rules a lot - the ribbons achievement for example.
Yeah never thought about that this is a great point

Old 01-21-2012, 06:05 AM   #9
Irish Shadow

Neurodrive's Gamercard
Well here's hoping that Epic is not allowed to create more achievements based on prior DLC. But as you guys mentioned...Microsoft already let them do what they wanted anyways (ribbon achievement, 2000 GS), so who knows what will happen.

All I know is that I still hate Epic for the outrageous grindfest. I shan't be buying another game developed by them.

Retail Gamerscore Percentage: 46,876/47,735 = 98.13%
Achievement Percentage: 2,043/2,065 = 98.92%
Irish Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #10
BBowles

BBowles's Gamercard
The ribbon achievement doesn't require any dlc other than the one it comes in.....there's nothing against the rules of adding in new achievements for things in the vanilla version of the game. It happens all the time. Halo Reach is a good example. One of the latest achievements was to get a skulliminjaro, which has been possible since the game came out. However, only after you buy the dlc can you have the achievement pop. And you need to actually meet the requirements again. It doesn't keep track of your previous medals like Gears.

Just be glad that Epic lets the ribbon achievement pop for things you've already done, instead of requiring you to earn all 132 after downloading the dlc.

As far as DLC 4 having a re-up x3 achievement, its very possible. They simply have to include the re-up game data in the final dlc. Someone who buys only the final dlc at that point would get an achievement for re-upping a third time, but would not get the first 2 achievements until they purchased Fenix Rising.

tl;dr - The ribbon achievement breaks/bends absolutely no rules, and it is possible for dlc 4 to have a re-up achievement as long as the ability to re-up is included in that dlc as well.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Ultimate Battler - Completed 2/9/11
BBowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #11
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBowles View Post
The ribbon achievement doesn't require any dlc other than the one it comes in.....there's nothing against the rules of adding in new achievements for things in the vanilla version of the game. It happens all the time. Halo Reach is a good example. One of the latest achievements was to get a skulliminjaro, which has been possible since the game came out. However, only after you buy the dlc can you have the achievement pop. And you need to actually meet the requirements again. It doesn't keep track of your previous medals like Gears.

Just be glad that Epic lets the ribbon achievement pop for things you've already done, instead of requiring you to earn all 132 after downloading the dlc.

As far as DLC 4 having a re-up x3 achievement, its very possible. They simply have to include the re-up game data in the final dlc. Someone who buys only the final dlc at that point would get an achievement for re-upping a third time, but would not get the first 2 achievements until they purchased Fenix Rising.

tl;dr - The ribbon achievement breaks/bends absolutely no rules, and it is possible for dlc 4 to have a re-up achievement as long as the ability to re-up is included in that dlc as well.
I've read something said by someone from epic that they had to clear it with microsoft because it had nothing to do with the DLC.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #12
supadryz

supadryz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yep I can see them doing one for maxing out Horde fortifications. Good thing i grabbed most of them while doing the horde money glitch. Only need some turrets & silverback ones.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:29 PM   #13
I R BFOG

xBFOGx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBowles View Post

Hmm in that case Im scared lol. I will get seriously before re-up2 so I doubt I'll play much until i see dlc4's cheevos anyway. Thanks for the post
Old 01-22-2012, 12:23 AM   #14
head0r Inc

AC Cloud Strife's Gamercard
I bet there will be a "gold wings" achievement in the next dlc

head0r Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:28 AM   #15
Friemeltje

FriemeItje's Gamercard
If you dont reup you basically trow away all xp you get from the onyx's.
Let them come with a max fortification and a max 3x reup it will pop for me right after dl
Friemeltje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:51 AM   #16
lemonlacerater

Lemon Lacerater's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaicoWin View Post
So where's all this official news and confirmation about all these updates, the 2000G, etc, etc? Sounds like a bunch of bullshit rumoring without a proper source and link. Anyway, knowing Epic, if they were fucked up enough to make an achievement like Seriously 3.0, you know damn well they're going to have an achievement for getting to the max level of prestige and possibly max fortifications now that someone mentioned it.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...amerscore.html

there you go. god google is so hard to use...
OT: i hope there is an achievement for golden wings. would be fun (for me at least lol)

Last edited by lemonlacerater; 01-22-2012 at 06:55 AM.
lemonlacerater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:47 AM   #17
PreludeToHatred

I'd bet on it happening actually.

Gears 3: 1750/1750
Seriously 3.0 unlocked 2/2/2012
PreludeToHatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #18
sjmleicester

Send a message via MSN to sjmleicester

Sir Simon Mally's Gamercard
That's part of the reason I've leaving some of the Onyx medals just short on the final score requirement. That way if I can still rank up through normal play combined with A2C2 etc and I have some valuable early XP after I've decided to re-up for a second or 3rd time.

Unless of course, if I'm really close to getting all Onyx medals then I would hold off prestiging and get Seriously 3 in the bank.
sjmleicester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #19
QueenFragger000

GoingPostal000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
They most definately will make us re-up to the max. They'll also make us fully level up all the Horde stuff. I'm planning on it so I'm not frustrated when it happens

Road to Seriously 3.0: 30/65 Onyx medals

RIP QueenFragger000 account with 25,000 gamerscore points.

QueenFragger000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:52 PM   #20
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
I've read something said by someone from epic that they had to clear it with microsoft because it had nothing to do with the DLC.
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood had a dlc achievement for the base game. I dont believe there is any "rule" by MS.
Lord Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:43 AM   #21
PreludeToHatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Dirt View Post
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood had a dlc achievement for the base game. I dont believe there is any "rule" by MS.
There is a rule, but ways around it. This I've Done It All... ribbons can be obtained on the new maps so, technically it can be tied to it.

Gears 3: 1750/1750
Seriously 3.0 unlocked 2/2/2012
PreludeToHatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:21 AM   #22
SchiZoPHreNiikz

SchiZoPHreNiikz's Gamercard
I would love an achievement like that! More motivation to keep on playing this wonderful game!!
Old 01-23-2012, 01:31 AM   #23
I R BFOG

xBFOGx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchiZoPHreNiikz View Post
I would love an achievement like that! More motivation to keep on playing this wonderful game!!
This game seriously does not need anymore grinding achievements. If you love this game that should be motivation enough to reach top rank. I'm willing to put in effort but a "reach X rank" achievement is just unimaginative and boring on epics part. I'd like an "unlock all mutators" achievement with some new mutators added to the list for example.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:33 AM   #24
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
i don't think they'll have achievements for them. if they were going to, why wouldn't they just put them in the fenix rising list? also, having to get golden wings is hypothetically more time consuming than seriously 3.0. i don't think that doing all the onyx medals awards enough xp to get there.

on the other hand, it's always possible that epic will start doing 20x and all other sorts of ridiculous xp events like they did with gears 2.
Mister Buds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:27 AM   #25
AMoDo94

Send a message via Skype™ to AMoDo94
Talking

I wish Epic put achievement saying Play 1000 ranked matches and win 500 of them better than reach max level because this achievement will be unboostable or glitchy like Socialite or Again.

AMoDo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #26
Tonic24k

Tonic24k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMoDo94 View Post
I wish Epic put achievement saying Play 1000 ranked matches and win 500 of them better than reach max level because this achievement will be unboostable or glitchy like Socialite or Again.
That's a big NEGATIVE. We're here for achievements, buddy. Not MLG Player of the Month status.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #27
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

I am prepare to see "max everything in horde" but hey... this time i was prepared... since im forced to grind horde(when i find it extremely boring) i always upped what i had left... So now im at 4th level of the silverback... and im putting money ONLY on the SB til its done... So this way, no bad surprise if this achievement happen....

RE-UPPING to lev 100 all the way... I don't mind, as i will do it anyway, cause i love this game... I think this achievement would be very fine compare to SERIOUSLY 3.0 cause at least you can play on what you want and get XP... The part that piss me off about seriously the most is having to let my xbox run at night to get wingman games(cause i NEVER play that mode) or grind the CTL medals, grind beast, grind horde, grind campaign(loved it the first 2 times... but as anybody i won't redo a campaign 10 time)

As for the mutator... have them all, so again... LOL at them if they put that.

Basically i think im covered this time around on anything that epic can throw at me... seriously 3.0 will be the only crap i will have left to do....

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #28
Aqua18

Aquatic Neon's Gamercard

My biggest fear is

Seriously...Again!

Re-Onyx every single medal possible

(Fuck that! I would very much dislike redoing all that shit again!)

Old 02-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #29
Aqua18

Aquatic Neon's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonic24k View Post
That's a big NEGATIVE. We're here for achievements, buddy. Not MLG Player of the Month status.
Agreed fuck that so over grinding achievements I just want my 2000G already dammit Something tells me epic isn't going to make it easy on us... Here are some of my guesses

Unlock all mutators
Re up for the third time
Reach highest rank aka gold wings
Some dumb horde bullshit achievements
Some dumb beast bullshit achievements

I think a fun achievement would be like

Onyx Master

Onyx the same medal 5 times

Or

Something like be any level 100 and beat beast mode only using savage drones or something

Last edited by Aqua18; 02-03-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:53 AM   #30
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua18 View Post
Agreed fuck that so over grinding achievements I just want my 2000G already dammit Something tells me epic isn't going to make it easy on us... Here are some of my guesses

Unlock all mutators
Re up for the third time
Reach highest rank aka gold wings
Some dumb horde bullshit achievements
Some dumb beast bullshit achievements

I think a fun achievement would be like

Onyx Master

Onyx the same medal 5 times

Or

Something like be any level 100 and beat beast mode only using savage drones or something
i'm personally hoping for a "complete 50 waves of horde on every map in the game" achievement. i always envied the one in gears of war 2 (JP).
Mister Buds is offline   Reply With Quote