PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Battlefield 3 > Back to Karkand
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
Tommy Gun 81

Tommy Gun 81's Gamercard
Skidloader kill

...what the hell is wrong with dice...how am i supposed to get a raodkill with this thing? Any advices please!?
Tommy Gun 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:04 AM   #2
amacteur
Flying bird

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

2013, a year in the sky: Roll on 2014!
amacteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:18 AM   #3
Tommy Gun 81

Tommy Gun 81's Gamercard
*LOL*, pure luck based...this is stupid, but hey, nothing wrong about funny achievements, Dice!

Found a video by Halo Storm 12...and those advices...great and makes it a lot easier!!! The followong is courtesy of Halo Storm 12!!!

-----------------

The skid loader is on wake island. As the description says you can do it by running someone over with it or you could do it this way which may be a little less frustrating. First of get in the skid loader and go plant some AT mines under an unocupied vehicle. Now hop back in your skid loader and try not to die, if your lucky an enemy will hop in the vehicle and will explode. This will count as a skid loader kill.

Last edited by Tommy Gun 81; 12-14-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #4
Pea Tear Gryphon

Las Veg Oz's Gamercard
Get a friend and switch teams when you can, meet at the end of the beach by A with the skid loader and pray things go your way, take turns running each other over. Like a Boss!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
Djelement85

I just jumped in a squashed someone first try .. no problems at all. Managed to kill 2 people before getting killed.
Djelement85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #6
lord verh

lord verh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Gun 81 View Post
*LOL*, pure luck based...this is stupid, but hey, nothing wrong about funny achievements, Dice!

Found a video by Halo Storm 12...and those advices...great and makes it a lot easier!!! The followong is courtesy of Halo Storm 12!!!

-----------------

The skid loader is on wake island. As the description says you can do it by running someone over with it or you could do it this way which may be a little less frustrating. First of get in the skid loader and go plant some AT mines under an unocupied vehicle. Now hop back in your skid loader and try not to die, if your lucky an enemy will hop in the vehicle and will explode. This will count as a skid loader kill.
That worked for the ps3 but has been patched.
lord verh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #7
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
It' super easy, was my very first kill. Though I did run into a group of 3 and only got one of them then got out and killed the others. Just sneak around enemy bases.

**Work of Jardinho**
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:05 PM   #8
Tommy Gun 81

Tommy Gun 81's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by himalaybarad View Post
Just sneak around enemy bases.
In a skidloader
Old 12-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #9
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Gun 81 View Post
In a skidloader

YES! :P They will often be busy trying to take down enemy aircraft or snipers so they won't have your attention, bit of luck I guess.

**Work of Jardinho**
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #10
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
i had a little trouble with it. choppers blowing me up, javelins, and everyone else running around me shooting. If i stayed at B then i might have had an easier time but i cant camp for the life of me
Old 12-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #11
TheOneJat

TheOneJat's Gamercard
Sorry to be one of those assholes who got in on the first try but...got in on first try. Thought it was gonna annoy the shit out of me but I jumped into it at the 'B' spawn and wasn't out of the base 5 seconds when I saw someone setting up a SOFLAM and then squish! Never have I been more satisfied at running somebody over since GTA days when I'd run over the Elvis impersonators!
TheOneJat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #12
Tha Mantis

Tha Mantis's Gamercard
LOL, I got a roadkill the first time in one, AND it was the final kill of the match. I ran over a bush-wookie on my way to A. It was the only base the enemy, there was 1 ticker left and I hopped that my slow ass loader got to him in time. Luckily I hit him right when they hit 0 tickers and the match ended. Got my achievement looking at the scoreboard.

Tha Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:59 PM   #13
lord verh

lord verh's Gamercard
Got quite lucky (duh) and roadkilled two engineers repairing their AMTRAC, then it shot me.
lord verh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:35 PM   #14
gabwe

gabwe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord verh View Post
I still managed to get it this way yesterday...

gabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #15
BSH 1975

BSH 1975's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneJat View Post
Sorry to be one of those assholes who got in on the first try but...got in on first try. Thought it was gonna annoy the shit out of me but I jumped into it at the 'B' spawn and wasn't out of the base 5 seconds when I saw someone setting up a SOFLAM and then squish! Never have I been more satisfied at running somebody over since GTA days when I'd run over the Elvis impersonators!
EPIC

BSH 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:59 PM   #16
Jaska95

JASKA95's Gamercard
I drove over enemy in mortal but didn't get kill. This i starting to annoy me because i all ways get killed from chopper.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #17
O0mix0O

O0mix0O's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabwe View Post
I still managed to get it this way yesterday...
I put down some AT mines, died, spawned in a plane and got a roadkill. Fingers crossed this will also work with the damn skid loader, I shall update when/if I get this cheevo

90,000G - 01/08/2013
Batman: Arkham City

O0mix0O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:10 PM   #18
O0mix0O

O0mix0O's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord verh View Post
I put down AT mines, died, spawned in a jet and got a roadkill from the mines. Fingers crossed this will work with the skid loader. I shall update when/if I get this damn cheevo.

90,000G - 01/08/2013

Old 12-14-2011, 10:13 PM   #19
GamingDude

Skuller 1O1's Gamercard
Lol literally 30 seconds with the skid loader and i found someone whos controller died and i ran him over XD
GamingDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:21 PM   #20
O0mix0O

O0mix0O's Gamercard

Doesn't work But I did get it legit! Engineers think they only need 1 rocket to take these things down... They need 2 >: D

90,000G - 01/08/2013

Old 12-14-2011, 11:02 PM   #21
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Only made one attempt at this so far. Finally found the skid loader and jumped in, spun around the corner and saw three enemies .

I thought alright, surely i can get one of these guys. And i almost did, then the guy turned around and shot me through the front of the loader.

I need to go out to the farm and practice driving our skid loader out on the hog lot. Maybe if i can roadkill a few pigs with it, ill be able to get a roadkill with it in the game!

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:05 PM   #22
PrinceofDeath86

Send a message via Yahoo to PrinceofDeath86

PrinceofDeath01's Gamercard
Its pure fucking luck if you actually get a road kill with this thing, luckily the guy was about dead an was laying prone so i just helped him out an pushed him into the ground lol.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:10 AM   #23
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
I might as well use the AT mine trick because I just tried, all match, running someone over and it was beyond frustrating. The 1 kill in jet/tank/assault was easier than this.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:10 AM   #24
Tommy Gun 81

Tommy Gun 81's Gamercard
By the best of it i can not get a road kill with it...never mind, just got it

Last edited by Tommy Gun 81; 12-15-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #25
PrinceofDeath86

Quote:
Originally Posted by O0mix0O View Post
Doesn't work But I did get it legit! Engineers think they only need 1 rocket to take these things down... They need 2 >: D
Except when they shoot you right in the face or the rocket kills you instantly no matter what, this is what always happened to me. I think its complete BS that bullets can hit me inside a Humveee or the Russian Jeep, dont these things have bullet proof glass?? I would understand if it was from a tank or another jeep but small arms fire shouldnt be able to hurt me.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #26
O0mix0O

O0mix0O's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofDeath86 View Post
Except when they shoot you right in the face or the rocket kills you instantly no matter what, this is what always happened to me. I think its complete BS that bullets can hit me inside a Humveee or the Russian Jeep, dont these things have bullet proof glass?? I would understand if it was from a tank or another jeep but small arms fire shouldnt be able to hurt me.
I was having trouble on hardcore with 1 hit kills but then I went on normal and found it easier to get, and you don't get taken down in 1 shot! I would agree that being killed by infantry in a vehicle sucks but on the flipside, it's helped me out many times!

90,000G - 01/08/2013

Old 12-15-2011, 03:57 PM   #27
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofDeath86 View Post
I think its complete BS that bullets can hit me inside a Humveee or the Russian Jeep, dont these things have bullet proof glass?? I would understand if it was from a tank or another jeep but small arms fire shouldnt be able to hurt me.
This is a common misconception. Humvees and other vehicles like it(russian vodnik) actually have pretty light armor and glass. Concentrated fire will easily penetrate these vehicles.

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #28
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

I can't stand this damn thing and got so close so many times earlier. Im either taken out by a sniper, that motherf*****g helicopter. Earlier I was riding behind someone on the dirt/grass but its so slow they heard me and turned around, he tried placing C4 but I got out and shot him.

It just sucks as it seems everyone is either in a tank, a jet, a helicopter, or sniping.

Oh and lets not forget campers using their javelins on you once you drive off. Not to mention you don't even hear a beeping sound when they are locking on those damn SOB's.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:23 PM   #29
FarmerJay

FrmerJakMehauf's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamagedWill View Post
I might as well use the AT mine trick because I just tried, all match, running someone over and it was beyond frustrating. The 1 kill in jet/tank/assault was easier than this.
The only problem with this is that enemy mines now show up on their radar/map so it's a lot more difficult to get a mine kill now.
FarmerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:28 PM   #30
PrinceofDeath86

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
I can't stand this damn thing and got so close so many times earlier. Im either taken out by a sniper, that motherf*****g helicopter. Earlier I was riding behind someone on the dirt/grass but its so slow they heard me and turned around, he tried placing C4 but I got out and shot him.

It just sucks as it seems everyone is either in a tank, a jet, a helicopter, or sniping.

Oh and lets not forget campers using their javelins on you once you drive off. Not to mention you don't even hear a beeping sound when they are locking on those damn SOB's.
I have noticed the increase in Javelin users since the Update, mainly on teams that im NOT ON. It would be nice if i got on teams where people would use the javelin, that way i could wipe the dust off my SOFLAM an put it to good use. I like to roll around in a tank with guided shell so i can jump in the 3rd seat lock on then switch back an fire.