PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-27-2012, 02:36 AM   #1
Live4Life

Send a message via Yahoo to Live4Life

Live4Life's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Will shopkeepers ever respawn?

There was a dragon attack in Falkreath and all but 1 of the shop keepers were killed. Are they gone for good? This ha happened in a few of my towns, and its making it tougher to find items when I need them.

Thanks to N3xus Gamer for the collector tag!

Live4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:52 AM   #2
VerifyedRasta

VerifyedRasta's Gamercard
Short answer, yes.
People say that an assistant will take over the shop after a few days, but I've yet to see this.
*Becomes Arch-Mage of Mage's college*
"You know..."
VerifyedRasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:09 AM   #3
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Wow...good question! I've never known of a shop keeper getting killed and didn't think that would even happen. What the heck are they messing with dragons for anyway?

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:15 AM   #4
VerifyedRasta

You know how NPCs are in this game, PB, they think they can take on anything. I mean you can transform into a freakin' werewolf and women, old and young, will still attempt to kill you.
"You know..."
Old 01-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
Live4Life

Send a message via Yahoo to Live4Life

Live4Life's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Any idea how long it takes them to respawn? It's been like a month in game and they are still dead. I need them back so I can complete tasks for the townspeople, and I need to speak to Lod to start one of the Daedric quests.

Thanks to N3xus Gamer for the collector tag!

Live4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #6
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerifyedRasta View Post
Short answer, yes.
People say that an assistant will take over the shop after a few days, but I've yet to see this.
This isn't 100% true. The blacksmith from Riverwood was killed by a Frost Dragon early on in my game and has till yet to respawn. The balcksmith in Riften was killed by a thief and was replaced by an assistant.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #7
Death Metal Jim

Death Metal Jim's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - bplayak   Staff Club - Kairi   Staff Club - Yunder   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Once a character dies in an Elder Scrolls game, they stay dead. No respawning crap, so if you go on a killing spree in a town you have to live with the consequences. As far as assistants taking over, I believe you get one assistant per town who's supposed to take over if the main blacksmith dies. It'll either be the assistant (Markarth/Windhelm) or the husband/wife (Dawnstar/Riverwood). If they die also, then you're screwed for good in that town.
Death Metal Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #8
VerifyedRasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
This isn't 100% true. The blacksmith from Riverwood was killed by a Frost Dragon early on in my game and has till yet to respawn. The balcksmith in Riften was killed by a thief and was replaced by an assistant.
Uh, you're mixing my answer up. I'm not answering the thread title, I'm answering the OP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live4Life View Post
There was a dragon attack in Falkreath and all but 1 of the shop keepers were killed. Are they gone for good?
Quote:
Short answer, yes.
See.
"You know..."
Old 01-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #9
BSH 1975

BSH 1975's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Yeah same with my game. Blacksmith from Riverwood got killed by that dragon and I stripped his dead body of his clothes and other things.

Months later (ingame) his body is still lying in the streets. Nobody's giving him burial?

I would expect his daughter or his wife to take over his job. Well, the daughter is still to young.

BSH 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #10
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I've never had shopkeepers Die from a Dragon. The Bad Ass Khajiit from the College of Winterhold did get Eaten though. . . I Usually murderize the Dragons before they can do any serious harm.

But I do know that this was on of the things Ol' Todd Howard talked about before the Games Release. If a Shopkeeper dies, someone will assume their responsibilities. However it seems possible that it does not happen for every shopkeeper.

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #11
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Uh, you're mixing my answer up. I'm not answering the thread title, I'm answering the OP.

See.
No I didn't...you said they were gone for good. That's not the case. I think it has to do with where that person lives. Riverwood hardly has people.....Riften has a large amount of people. That's probably why the Blacksmith in Riften was replaced in my game and not in Riverwood.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #12
VerifyedRasta

Quote:
No I didn't...you said they were gone for good. That's not the case.
Quote:
This isn't 100% true. The blacksmith from Riverwood was killed by a Frost Dragon early on in my game and has till yet to respawn.
Ummm, what? I said they were gone for good and you said they were as well, which is true, the NPC will never respawn again. Hell, you even proved it in your post. Am I missing something?
"You know..."
Old 01-28-2012, 12:06 AM   #13
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Ummm, what? I said they were gone for good and you said they were as well, which is true, the NPC will never respawn again. Hell, you even proved it in your post. Am I missing something?
Are you just messing with me?

Quote:
Old 01-28-2012, 03:42 AM   #14
jeremyh120

Jeremyh120's Gamercard
A baby with headphones and a professional football player arguing... lol internet.
jeremyh120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:16 AM   #15
VerifyedRasta

You kidding??
Quote:
Quote:
An NPC replacing another NPC =/= NPC respawning...
You get what I'm saying here?
When a shopkeeper dies, they are dead for good. They may be replaced by an assistant, but the question was, and I quote:
Quote:
There was a dragon attack in Falkreath and all but 1 of the shop keepers were killed. Are they gone for good?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyh120 View Post
A baby with headphones and a professional football player arguing... lol internet.
Also, LOL!
And we're not arguing, at least not in my eyes, just attempting to clear up misconceptions.
"You know..."
Old 01-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #16
zarda1

Zarda1's Gamercard
some people get really annoying on here. the answer to the question is no, an NPC will not reswpawn. in riften, if the blacksmith dies his apprentice will take over. in riverwood there is no apprentice. if a shop doesn't have someone else to take over you will not be able to use that shop. the only problem created here has to do with finishing or starting quests where the dead npc is essential, as no shopkeeper is going to have an item you can't get by without. when a dragon attacks a town make sure no one is dead afterwards, if someone is then reload a save.
zarda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:30 AM   #17
DxxxRules

DxxxRules's Gamercard
Quote:
There was a dragon attack in Falkreath and all but 1 of the shop keepers were killed. Are they gone for good? This ha happened in a few of my towns, and its making it tougher to find items when I need them.
That... That just sucks XD

Rockstar Energy x Falken Tire

DxxxRules is offline   Reply With Quote