PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shmup > Raystorm HD
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-17-2010, 07:23 AM   #1
Aphrodite1

Sublimosis's Gamercard
Easy 200?

As not much in the way of a guide has gone up yet, is this a tough 200 or is it a case of too expensive and not many playing it?

It looks like a cool shoot 'em up

Currently working on:

Retail: Bioshock Infinite
Arcade: Brothers, Mickey Castle of Illusion, Walking Dead Season 2
Aphrodite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #2
Zetsugan

Zetsugan's Gamercard
Some of the achievements look a little time consuming i.e. 10k total lockon kills and 15k shotdown kills while unlocking modes and planes are sequencial regarding the achievements. the demo doesn't do it justice either since you can't even engage the first boss lol but if ya got a buddy who likes to do target shooters id say throw up some coop it multiplies the fun

also it depends on your definition of "easy"
Old 05-17-2010, 08:43 AM   #3
Helg0r

toxik helg0r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Um all achievements are singe player-only, so coop won't count towards this....

Difficulty really depends on if you are familiar with shmups or not. Bullet patterns are not too hard to dodge but there are a lot of different enemy shot-types which can at times catch you off guard. Most of the bosses don't have a fixed pattern but randomly swap between different attacks, so you have to be able to adapt fast (I actually like this).

In my opinion this is a moderate 200GS; 10k and 15k kills take some time (less than you would think) and 13 Plane mode / 1CC might be an obstacle depending on your skill.

Seringue Absorption Torture Alienation Nihilism
e
Helg0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:47 PM   #4
MachineAres

AKB48xIDOLING's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm pretty good at shmups, but the garbage ass camera angle in RayStorm completely ruins what would probably be a pretty fun game. The enemies all having attacks that span the entire screen in about 1 second flat also kind of ruins the fun of dodging patterns its more just like OH THERE'S SOME BULLE....dead because you didn't have enough time to move, not actually taking the skill of navigating through a pattern. And even the few bosses that have slower patterns, the GARBAGE camera angle and controls makes it nearly impossible to dodge some of them. Whenever you move your ship, if you stop moving, your ship goes back in the direction you came from slightly, most of the time resulting in you running into a pattern you just dodged.
MachineAres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:18 AM   #5
F Swan

Ferocious Swan's Gamercard
^^ You've just convinced me not to bother with the game. Glad I checked the forum before I bought it. Thanks

Also whats the achievements like in Death Smiles 2? I see you 1000'd it.

Last edited by F Swan; 06-23-2010 at 12:25 AM.
F Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:12 PM   #6
fohf

fohf's Gamercard
Definitely not an easy 200. As with all these shmups there is the 1cc clear, but this also has a 13 lives clear which is not easy either.

Other than those two the rest can be done easily after you unlock unlimited credits.
fohf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #7
F Swan

Ferocious Swan's Gamercard
I did decide to buy the game in the end, quite enjoyable. And personally I found the arcade 13 plane mode more difficult than the 1cc ... purely because Extra mode is much easier.
F Swan is offline   Reply With Quote