Hand Cannon Professional Playthrough first time.

Aricardo947

Ok I have this game sitting there waiting to be played, and i don't remember having any trouble with professional on the PS2. I will most likely re-do everything, even mercenaries, to unlock everything.

My question is, for the UK edition, IF you unlock the Hand Cannon before doing your First Professional run (NO New Game +) can you still have the Hand Cannon.

I can't seem to find a straight answer to this, thus i'm making a new thread to try and get one.

People explain how to unlock it, how much it is to upgrade, how powerful it is. People say that the time spent unlocking it is wasted as you don't really need it on professional (which is true but doesn't answer my question).

People also say that the Typewriter and Infinite Rocket can only be got on a new game +.

BUT no one says that the Hand Cannon is available ONLY available on a new game +.

So before I plan on a time frame to play this in (I'm very busy). Can any one answer this question.

• 4 months later...

well might aswell answer this, well it's not my answer but i read this from the wikia:

The Handcannon is unlocked by completing "The Mercenaries" mini-game and getting 5 stars on all 4 stages with all 5 characters. From there, the Handcannon may be purchased from the Merchant for 0 pesetas (in a cleared game). It will take 790,000 pesetas to fully upgrade the Handcannon, which is cheaper than purchasing the Chicago Typewriter or Infinite Rocket Launcher, although the effort put into it is similar.

Bold bit is relevant.