PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-03-2012, 04:44 AM   #331
JTL

jUsTiN CaT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by i4mn1nja View Post
i mean can you idle in it and get the ribbons without a turbo?
No, you can't spot any weapon (and hence to get the ribbon) while idling if you don't have a turbo controller.

Last edited by JTL; 02-03-2012 at 06:04 AM.
JTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:52 AM   #332
ryzilla

SSGrasshopper's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTL View Post
No, you can't spot any weapon (and hence the ribbon) while idling if you don't have a turbo controller.
anyone with a turbo controler be able to help a mate and i on this tonight will return and fav to help you boost as well. pm ssgrasshopper :d

Playing: Max Payne 3, GRFS, Black Ops, Halo Reach, MW:3 and Gears of War 3..... Message me if you want to boost
ryzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:02 AM   #333
fullmetal289

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryzilla View Post
anyone with a turbo controler be able to help a mate and i on this tonight will return and fav to help you boost as well. pm ssgrasshopper :d
are you daft?

he just told you that you need YOUR OWN turbo controller if you want to do it for yourself... someone else with a turbo controller cannot earn the ribbons for you
fullmetal289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:06 AM   #334
ryzilla

SSGrasshopper's Gamercard
sorry i miss understood my bad lol

Playing: Max Payne 3, GRFS, Black Ops, Halo Reach, MW:3 and Gears of War 3..... Message me if you want to boost
ryzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:39 AM   #335
vSully

vSully's Gamercard
Thread has grown very large so I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, but swapping pistols is faster than rifles. I can get 10 ribbons in about 30 seconds with pistols vs. about 45 seconds with riifles.
vSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:51 AM   #336
AdHominem

fuck i wish i had a turbo controller. but who know, maybe they do another Horde "you get 5% of your money" event again.

anyway, good luck guys!

Completionist - currently 95% ~ 50.000GS

not finished:

- Dead or Alive 4 survival
- Mutant Storm reloaded
AdHominem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:08 AM   #337
JTL

jUsTiN CaT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by vSully View Post
Thread has grown very large so I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, but swapping pistols is faster than rifles. I can get 10 ribbons in about 30 seconds with pistols vs. about 45 seconds with riifles.
This can be a good option if you only boost this using 1 xbox. Otherwise, swapping rifles using 2 consoles with 3 dummy players is still the fastest way to rank up.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:41 AM   #338
iiPaDFooT

its xluigi's Gamercard
so yah... i just ran this method for like 3 and a half hours, and i decided to finish off the wave and see how much exp i gained.......... then i realized i switched up the controllers and my guest account reached level 40 before i decided to dashboard O.o
iiPaDFooT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:06 AM   #339
skyodyssey

lol, you guys sure epic wont ban us for this? I kinda want to de-rank now. I like playing MP and I get 1 or 2 guys saying they are reporting me every game. Oh well, I guess I'll be the guinea pig. I can't wait months for everyone to catch up to start playing.
skyodyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:19 AM   #340
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyodyssey View Post
lol, you guys sure epic wont ban us for this? I kinda want to de-rank now. I like playing MP and I get 1 or 2 guys saying they are reporting me every game. Oh well, I guess I'll be the guinea pig. I can't wait months for everyone to catch up to start playing.
They won't.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:35 AM   #341
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyodyssey View Post
They deffo wont man, I am so anal about things like this, and I have done both 3.1 method, and this, the thing is, your not modding the console, your not disrupting multiplayer games or glitching them, your using something in the game to catapault your rank, this is no different to what you do as a Pro Achievement Hunter on a daily basis.

- We reload checkpoints to rank up
- We boost kills
- We google answers to puzzle games
- We play on easy then switch to hard last chapter
- We find friends and boost kills in private games
- We make a fake person called bob to dance for us in Dance Central, made from a broom, a old coat and a hat.
- We wiggle a towel between our legs so Yourshape thinks we are olympic athletes, when in reality, were sat down eating a kebab watching star wars.

- We Spot...and Spot...and throw weapons on the floor, cos were awesome this is no different to the above.

Stop worrying!! Your using something already in the game.

Anyways moving on, this question is for Deadmac, or anyone with the WIRELESS Wildfire 2 pad.

I set this up last night for the first time, I woke up in the night for a pooh. I checked Gears and the weapon guy was throwing down fine, but my guy wasn't moving as my WF2 batteries died, these were 14 hour charged rechargables. Could not believe the pad had ate them so fast. I threw in some Duracells. My rechargables died after 3 hours, my duracell are going strong after 5 hours. So Im guessing charged batteries dont like this pad. Yet I cant afford a steady flow of Duracells, so what batteries are you guys getting? Someone mentioned pound shop? I dont normally go in those places, but am prepared to (wearing a ninja balaclava) and quickly grab some cheap ass powercells or something.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 47
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #342
emul8ter25

emul8ter25's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by vSully View Post
Great tip! Wish I had known that sooner.

Only have a single console and using pistols is noticeable faster.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #343
xEndriux

xEndriux's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Ok I tried the method with 2 console and I got 300 ribbons in 15 minutes (more or less) and 33000 xp
Perhaps the mutator reduce the xp cause it should be
300 x 125xp = 37500 xp

But what I noticed is that player 2 takes the weapon regularly and continuously instead player 3 and 4 takes the weapon than stop for some seconds and so on
Is that something wrong in what I do ?
What should be the xp for 1 hour ?

Thanks and sorry for my bad English

Seriously 3.0 unlocked 2/20/2012
1st on x360a: Metro Last Light - Metro 2033 - PES2010 - PES2011- FableIII Traitor's Keep - Marvel SSH:TIG Thanos Throwdown

Completed XBLA: 50/50
Completed Retail: 193/195
Completed Retail with DLC: 193/195
GS Completion: 99.95%

xEndriux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #344
Akumario

Dam, I got Troll Online with my Blue 95 , I kill them anyways and I still got Racist and flaming Messages , I just post on my Bio, if you're not Blue , you got No Clue some Guys just talking $%#%$# I'm still kick they butts on CTL, oh well I will keep going with the rest of my Onyx... 46/65 No onile for me for awhile...
Akumario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #345
JTL

jUsTiN CaT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xEndriux View Post
Ok I tried the method with 2 console and I got 300 ribbons in 15 minutes (more or less) and 33000 xp
300 x 125xp = 37500 xp

But what I noticed is that player 2 takes the weapon regularly and continuously instead player 3 and 4 takes the weapon than stop for some seconds and so on

I'm extremely positive that mutators do effect, although I haven't tried to use 3 easy (-25%) mutators to prove that. From my latest run this morning (level 1-89 in 9 hours), I got 18300 ribbons and 2974432XP. Hence my observation is valid. That is,

125XP x 18300 ribbons x 1.3 (3 hard mutators) = 2973750XP

As for your problem, I'll suggest you to position all your players standing like a circle near a wall with the dropped weapon in the middle of the circle. That is,

Player 1 (your primary account): Ghost Camera
Player 2: Facing the wall
Player 3: standing on left hand side as well as making a 90 degree angle against Player 2
Player 4: standing on right hand side as well as making a 90 degree angle against Player 2 (Player 3 and Player 4 should be facing each other)

Then you start picking up weapon using Player 2 first, then adding Player 4 to join and finally player 3 to join. You need to watch their timings. If everything goes well, they'd be picking up the weapons in sequence with equal time interval. And you won't see any two picking up weapons at the same time, nor you'll see one player repeat picking up weapons by himself only.

This may take you a few tries, but it's worthwhile as you'll end up gaining at least 30 ribbons in every minute to compensate the hiccups you mentioned.

Last edited by JTL; 02-03-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #346
DeadMac

DeadMac's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumario View Post
Dam, I got Troll Online with my Blue 95 , I kill them anyways and I still got Racist and flaming Messages , I just post on my Bio, if you're not Blue , you got No Clue some Guys just talking $%#%$# I'm still kick they butts on CTL, oh well I will keep going with the rest of my Onyx... 46/65 No onile for me for awhile...

lol you just made my morning i just telling my mate what i put for us to sing well ok i was singing to him lol looked down and see your comment

ill put the info about swapping pistols is faster than rifles. I can get 10 ribbons in about 30 seconds with pistols vs. about 45 seconds with riifles at the top thnx vsully

Last edited by DeadMac; 02-03-2012 at 09:57 AM.
DeadMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #347
xEndriux

xEndriux's Gamercard

Quote:
I'm extremely positive that mutators do effect, although I haven't tried to use 3 easy (-25%) mutators to prove that. From my latest run this morning (level 1-89 in 9 hours), I got 18300 ribbons and 2974432XP. Hence my observation is valid. That is,

125XP x 18300 ribbons x 1.3 (3 hard mutators) = 2973750XP

As for your problem, I'll suggest you to position all your players standing like a circle near a wall with the dropped weapon in the middle of the circle. That is,

Player 1 (your primary account): Ghost Camera
Player 2: Facing the wall
Player 3: standing on left hand side as well as making a 90 degree angle against Player 2
Player 4: standing on right hand side as well as making a 90 degree angle against Player 2 (Player 3 and Player 4 should be facing each other)

Then you start picking up weapon using Player 2 first, then adding Player 4 to join and finally player 3 to join. You need to watch their timings. If everything goes well, they'd be picking up the weapons in sequence with equal time interval. And you won't see any two picking up weapons at the same time, nor you'll see one player repeat picking up weapons by himself only.

This may take you a few tries, but it's worthwhile as you'll end up gaining at least 30 ribbons in every minute to compensate the hiccups you mentioned.
Thanks for your explanation
Did you set up easy or insane ?

Another question : people says that Epic can reset your stats cause you use 3-1 method even if it is patched.....is this believable ?
If the answer is yes, can this reset be applied to this horde method or it is only for the patched one ?

1st on x360a: Metro Last Light - Metro 2033 - PES2010 - PES2011- FableIII Traitor's Keep - Marvel SSH:TIG Thanos Throwdown

Old 02-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #348
JTL

jUsTiN CaT's Gamercard
Quote:
Thanks for your explanation
Did you set up easy or insane ?

Another question : people says that Epic can reset your stats cause you use 3-1 method even if it is patched.....is this believable ?
If the answer is yes, can this reset be applied to this horde method or it is only for the patched one ?
I just play normal with "no ammo pickup", "enemy regeneration" and "must active reload" mutators, and simply go buy an ink grenade to kill myself.

I think the statement is not believeable. We do not violate any game rule and just to capitalize / maximize the opportunities during gameplay.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #349
DeadMac

DeadMac's Gamercard
Quote:
300 x 125xp = 37500 xp

seems your doing it right its just about getting the timing , i do it like let one player pick up and unplug my pad , then move 2nd player near them and has they do the motion to pick up weapon then hold x and listen to the spotting sound if its going ok

i put 3rd person in diff places to see where best place to join in and try to get it so when 2nd play picks up sometimes watch the ghost cam player to time the last one because your notice on ghost cam sometimes its tagging faster then what you see from players 3 and 4

sometime all the 3 players are right on top of eachother sometimes one is just behind from them really its just about making sure that sniper does not bounce around and slow you down to much

also watch the ghost cam because sometimes the sound of the bing and spots makes you think its slow but on the ghost cam your see it tag 3 weapons in a second

oh yeah another thing i always forget lol set the spotter first because you can spot why you mess around

hope that helps matey

Last edited by DeadMac; 02-03-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #350
xEndriux

xEndriux's Gamercard

Quote:
I just play normal with "no ammo pickup", "enemy regeneration" and "must active reload" mutators, and simply go buy an ink grenade to kill myself.

I think the statement is not believeable. We do not violate any game rule and just to capitalize / maximize the opportunities during gameplay.
Ok thanks a lot
I'll try this as soon as I complete the onyx medals

Old 02-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #351
Polishedsocks

Polishedsocks's Gamercard
Should I clear my cache and play offline to do this?

Would this make it faster?
Polishedsocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #352
Ataxia

ChronosKaos's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Great method.

I went from green 55 to golden wings in less than two days. I've been sitting on golden wings / 72719 Recon. ribbons for about 19 hours now.

Ataxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #353
Ataxia

ChronosKaos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polishedsocks View Post

I'm guessing it shouldn't matter. I did it all online.

Ataxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #354
DeadMac

DeadMac's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polishedsocks View Post

i had a look at my mates rank from 65 to 66 and its still the 49000 points needed the same has what mine is and his xbox never been online

i dont know if its the higher levels could change i have to let you know but if you try 99 to 100 is 93500

Last edited by DeadMac; 02-03-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #355
Polishedsocks

Polishedsocks's Gamercard
I thought that before one of the TU's, getting to 100 was easier as it required less XP.

My thinking was by clearing the cache, I would need less XP doing this.
Polishedsocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #356
DeadMac

DeadMac's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushmaster2000 View Post
I've got the Datel TurboFire 2 controller and it works like a champ for this.

My ONLY complaint about the TF2 controller is that even if i use the USB cable and plug it into the xbox for power, it still shuts off after like 2 1/2 hours. No idea why. .
i have the wireless pad mine over past 2 days i ranked up myself and friend up over past 2-3 days without it sleeping / shutting off

now last night i set it up again woke up and mine was also a sleep no spotting other still collecting so i am scratching my head today and i know it went off after 2 hours becaus ei had like 800,000k
and when it runs fine on mine i picking up 300,000k above a hour ( 2 boxs )so it must of been like 2 hour 30 mark also

just wondering if the ghost cam drafts are whats keeping it live hummm i try again i am home all day so i put it on for 3 hours on my mates i reup him once i guess lol

Last edited by DeadMac; 02-03-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #357
ASH4L

DEMONIC ASH's Gamercard
Any body know a good alternative to the Hori Pad ex2? Amazon is sold out and wanting to find something that will work as well. I know Wal-Mart and Gamestop sell a wireless turbo controller but I bought one for my son and it seemed like a piece of sh*t. Any help would be appreciated.
ASH4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #358
Gizmo2k

Gizmo2k's Gamercard
System link is fine, you'll need 4 accounts though (3 can be made up on the spot, no need to connect them to Live).
009/009 - Win8 .o. 003/003 - iOS/Web/Andriod

100,003g: 21/05/09 .o. 125,000g: 04/12/09 .o. 150,000g: 22/07/10
175,000g: 22/01/11 .o. 200,000g: 22/07/11 .o. 225,000g: 26/03/12
250,000g: 27/11/12 .o. 275,000g: 01/03/13 .o. 300,000g: 10/08/13
325,000g: 21/07/14

10,000th achievement: Master 50G, in Skyrim:

Gizmo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #359
Drackor

TheEnemyX's Gamercard
So I've been doing this method on and off for the last day or 2. Been working great. And I don't want to alarm anyone in case it's just glitchy ribbon notification which we all know is prevalent in horde but I'm not getting any recon notifications anymore. Not sure if they hotfixxed this or if it's just not telling me I got them.

Can anyone confirm positive or negative? I would myself but I have to run to work. Leaving it running anyways to test. Hope it's still doable I'm stupid close to my second reup!
Old 02-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #360
Gizmo2k

Gizmo2k's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drackor View Post
So I've been doing this method on and off for the last day or 2. Been working great. And I don't want to alarm anyone in case it's just glitchy ribbon notification which we all know is prevalent in horde but I'm not getting any recon notifications anymore. Not sure if they hotfixxed this or if it's just not telling me I got them.

Can anyone confirm positive or negative? I would myself but I have to run to work. Leaving it running anyways to test. Hope it's still doable I'm stupid close to my second reup!
If you boost it for a while, then finish and go back to menu, to 'save' your progress, if you go back into horde before you reboot your 360, you'll not see the ribbons, but you do still earn them and get the XP
009/009 - Win8 .o. 003/003 - iOS/Web/Andriod

100,003g: 21/05/09 .o. 125,000g: 04/12/09 .o. 150,000g: 22/07/10
175,000g: 22/01/11 .o. 200,000g: 22/07/11 .o. 225,000g: 26/03/12
250,000g: 27/11/12 .o. 275,000g: 01/03/13 .o. 300,000g: 10/08/13
325,000g: 21/07/14

10,000th achievement: Master 50G, in Skyrim:

Gizmo2k is offline   Reply With Quote