PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shmup > Galaga Legions DX
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-29-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
tS-BLiTZ

Send a message via AIM to tS-BLiTZ

mattBLiTZ's Gamercard
Easy 200/200 - don't worry

I know many people were worried about this game being as hard as the last. In fact, I picked up Galaga Legions a few hours ago just to see what I was in for. To my surprise, this game was actually incredibly easy. They implemented slow down mechanics like Pacman DX, so dying really will only happen every once in a while, much less a game over.

There's not really a guide needed. Time trials are the most time consuming, because you basically replay every single level in the game over again. But they're almost all quite easy. A few practice runs should get you past any somewhat difficult ones. And the best part is, there's replays for any levels you want to get better at! So you don't even need to go to Youtube

I'm about to finish off this 200/200 soon, so just wanted to post reassuring anyone who is waking up and considering this purchase. Enjoy!
twitter.com/mlgBLiTZ <-Message me saying to follow back and I will
tS-BLiTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Yeah, it was easy. 2. to finish it.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:07 PM   #3
PeaceSquid

PeaceSquid's Gamercard
Congrats on quick max, chaps.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:49 PM   #4
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I was pretty excited to play Galaga Legions DX. I played the original Galaga Legions and had a great time with it, it was challenging but fair in my opinion. The DX version unfortunately has been dumbed down so much that there is no point in playing it. I never feel in danger of dying, even if I am having trouble with a boss, I can simply wait for the time to expire. Not that I do have trouble with the bosses, they are the exact same as the original version, but made easier because of focus fire, slowdown and several other things that I'll expand on below.

Focus fire would be ok if it were a powerup or something. I hate that you're not able to detach your satellites anymore. That was one of the best aspects of the first game, knowing when and where to place your satellites and when to recall them if you needed more firepower. It meant there was some strategy to the game, instead of only dodging.

You're now able to shoot enemy bullets for some reason, making an already easy game even easier. Seriously, I know people whined about the difficulty of the first game, but DX is an absolute joke. They've gone way too far in the other direction. They should take away the ability to shoot enemy bullets, put the head of the legions at the back of the line instead of at the front for the bosses, allow full directional input for the satellites when placing them (but at no other time) and remove the slowdown.

At the very least make hard mode hard. I mean, come on. I didn't notice any difference between normal and hard.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:21 PM   #5
DigiLuigi

DigiLuigi's Gamercard
It's easy? I was actually hoping it was hard like the last one. I had a great time completing Legions.
DigiLuigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #6
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Pac-Man DX was easy too. Those games are good for a trip (my guess) and easy 200 GS.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #7
jeffy x360a

jeffy x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
wow i never completed part one due to the fact other shit came out and i just gave up. im much better at shooters now so i may go back to it and do DX.
jeffy x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:09 PM   #8
Lord Gothic

Lord Gothic's Gamercard
How long time does it take to complete ? If its short maybe i complete it before heading to bed.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:41 AM   #9
jeffy x360a

jeffy x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Gothic View Post
How long time does it take to complete ? If its short maybe i complete it before heading to bed.
the game its self if easy as pie i maybe died 5 times and that was due to my stupidity. overall id say it might take less than 5 hours maybe 3-4 but thats purely based on having to do 9 area runs then a championship run then having to replay every level over and 5 tutorial levels in time attack. if you dont beat the level in the time given then you wont get credit for it i replayed a couple level 5 runs because i didnt make it in the time given.

overall it was pretty cake
Old 07-03-2011, 11:23 PM   #10
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
Hard mode can be frustrating if you start on hard otherwise easy game.

[B]

Last edited by StarsRPD; 07-03-2011 at 11:37 PM.
StarsRPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #11
ElusiveOne96

elusiveone96's Gamercard
On this topic, I normally suck at this type of game (and don't enjoy them much) but for some reason I find this one strangely compelling. Perhaps the easier level of difficulty is in for me...

How difficult are the other levels compared to the first one featured in the trial version? If the first one is about on par with the rest then I might give this a go.
ElusiveOne96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #12
jeffy x360a

jeffy x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElusiveOne96 View Post
On this topic, I normally suck at this type of game (and don't enjoy them much) but for some reason I find this one strangely compelling. Perhaps the easier level of difficulty is in for me...

How difficult are the other levels compared to the first one featured in the trial version? If the first one is about on par with the rest then I might give this a go.
dude dont fret. look over my quick guide. hard is not even hard. even if you die just learn the patterns. the enemies come out the same exact way every wave. nothing changes. there is a few level 5 time attacks that can be close i finished a couple with like less than a minute on the timer but that was the first try. if you gotta do them a couple times then they will get easier. anyone who is a novice to experienced gamer can 200 this. even if you arent very good at shooters. i started on hard and did pretty good on my first goes of each area i think i failed maybe 2 of them and had to retry. you will get it im sure.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #13
ElusiveOne96

elusiveone96's Gamercard
So, hmm, yeah the game is ridiculously easy. I had a bit of free time this morning and purchased the full version. I went through 170G in just a little over 2 hours on hard playthrough. Game over twice on Area 7, otherwise only died a few more times elsewhere. Only the time trials left now for remaining 30G.

I would recommend you guys wait until this game is deal of the week. At 800 points it's a bit pricey, although I find it very enjoyable nonetheless. It's fun but there's really no challenge and it's over very quickly. That might be because I never complete all the final waves on the last level of every area, I always run out of time but the game still considers the stage clear no matter what you win.

Edit: I find the time trial bits nearly impossible in comparison though I probably will give up on those.

Last edited by ElusiveOne96; 07-08-2011 at 03:42 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #14
miiiguel

SlayerSpecial's Gamercard
yeah, right...

Still, after all these years ppl continue to ju,p the gun and claiming "oh..., it's so easy...", just to admit later is not that easy.

Totally not as easy as they say, Time Attack can be real tough, especially and mainly one of them: 5th Area of Championship Level is borderline insane, they take forever to kill, I'm finding it tough to complete it with 1 continue, let alone with the default time. I'm sure I'll do it, eventually, but it's not as easy as Pac-Man DX, not even close.

I'd hope ppl stop with the easy BS.

p.s.: and don't get funny, this aint my 1st GT, just don't know how to change it...

Last edited by miiiguel; 07-09-2011 at 05:11 PM.
miiiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:19 AM   #15
ElusiveOne96

elusiveone96's Gamercard
Miiiguel, I'm not quite sure what tone you are taking in your post but you don't sound especially happy about my post (?). The game IS ridiculously easy for the first 170G, only the Time Attack mode is difficult for the last 30G. I still stand by what I said above. I don't mind not completing the whole 200 gamerscore but I do wish there was more substance to the game, it's over way too soon and the remaining Time Attack bits are not for me.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #16
miiiguel

SlayerSpecial's Gamercard
I'm sorry if I sounded bitter, written text has no tone, but honestly I'm not trying to be rude, and surely not to you Elusive.

Perhaps I hit "quick reply"...

The game is great IMO, if not only for its lunatic aesthetics, that must be worth its price alone. Time Attack it's definetly not easy, but it's not unfair, it just requires some (more than some...) practice.

Anyways, peace.

Last edited by miiiguel; 07-14-2011 at 03:05 PM.
miiiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #17
eXciter1

I'm doing Time Attack right now and it is probably a good 1.5 - 2 hrs, just in itself, if everything goes right. Definitely the most time consuming of all the achievements. If you've played the other modes, it's definitely doable.

Time Attack

Championship Mode - 5 levels
Level 1 - 9 - 45 levels
Tutorial - 5 levels

You do the math, but you have to beat each within the allotted time.
eXciter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:15 PM   #18
Rollie

Voran Ale's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Its a shoot em up so I had to get it, Easy but enjoyable, I guess the challenge is going for high scores now since you hardly ever die If some of my firends had played it it would go for higher scores to beat them but I got no target at the moment.
Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote