PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > NeverDead
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
UncleJock

Just wait until you get to the final boss. Just wait!

The sloppiest, laziest, most infuriating piece of shit in the history of gaming... And that's just the last level!

Just wait. I give this game 2/10. I hope that nobody buys it
UncleJock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:22 AM   #2
acdczombie

acdczombie's Gamercard
You could easily write reviews for IGN based on the writing prowess you have just exhibited.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:57 AM   #3
Hoborg
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I may hold off. I'm really on the fence. Can you tell us some more about it?
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:02 AM   #4
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdczombie View Post
You could easily write reviews for IGN based on the writing prowess you have just exhibited.

HAHAHA

OP: more details on what makes it so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #5
UncleJock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugTheBear View Post
OP: more details on what makes it so bad?
The game is about trying to keep your limbs, and during the end boss battle you don't lose a limb when you get hit.... you lose all of your limbs. So then you have to scramble around to pick them all up again, and when you finally get yourself together, the boss has an unblockable attack that he uses every 30 seconds or so.

So when you do get a chance to fire a few bullets off at him (which you can only do from specific points on the map, which move at random) it's only a second or two before you're back on the ground rolling around trying to pick your body parts up again.

So basically it's designed very poorly indeed, takes about an hour to complete, is boring and frustrating and glitchy.... but do you want to know what the BEST part is?

When you finally complete it, the game makes you do it all over again

Last edited by Hayden; 01-26-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #6
Hawaiian

Dexter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   XBA Representer   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   x360a Representer   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Diamond   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Are the achievements difficult? Are there online/multiplayer achievements?

Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #7
UncleJock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
Are the achievements difficult? Are there online/multiplayer achievements?
There are online/multiplayer achievements, but the mode is so boring that you'd have to be mad to get them.

The collectibles are very well hidden as well so that achievement may take a while.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #8
Hawaiian

Dexter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   XBA Representer   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   x360a Representer   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Diamond   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJock View Post
There are online/multiplayer achievements, but the mode is so boring that you'd have to be mad to get them.

The collectibles are very well hidden as well so that achievement may take a while.
ok thanks for the info

Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #9
Hoborg
Banned User

Thanks for the info, I stopped playing FF13 because of the long-grindy bosses so I'll probably pass on this game.
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #10
the action frampton

action frampton's Gamercard
Quote:
So is this one of those games where the hardest difficulity isn't unlocked from the start, or do you mean that difficulity achievements aren't stackable?

Also is hard 'hard' considering you can't die at all?

Last edited by the action frampton; 01-27-2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Grammar
the action frampton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #11
Lu770 P3rP37u0

lu770 p3rp37u0's Gamercard
I got it yesterday as a promotional copy but man this game sucks. i'm stuck in the museum i cant get past where u have to lauch ypur head to another side because the "head launching" system sucks soo much. I need to finish to review it but man i'm hating it already.

EDIT: i got to the last boss battle, i'm hating this game even more i cant just beat it! the first time i got there i was able to cut off the first part but now i can't do that no more! and i hope i'm wrong but can u use only the sword to hit him because bullets seems not to be useful

Last edited by Lu770 P3rP37u0; 01-29-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Lu770 P3rP37u0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #12
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

Very frustrate in final boss? Oh well I don't care I just look forward to NeverDead to play through to earn achievements. Lots of games got final boss for frustrate part.

If I can't complete final boss I don't care since I want cheevos for this game. Wait until walkthrough to explain deep about how beat final boss then I able follow to finish final boss off simple like other games I did before

Easy or Mild or Hard OR PAIN IN ASS!! This is cool that how games is about any of those difficulty levels

Crap or Good games I will play this game anyway.
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #13
UncleJock

Quote:
Originally Posted by the action frampton View Post
So is this one of those games where the hardest difficulity isn't unlocked from the start, or do you mean that difficulity achievements aren't stackable?
You can go through it on hard from the start if you like, and it looks like the achievements are stackable.... what I meant was that the boss comes back to life after you've beaten him, so you have to do it all over again and he has even more health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the action frampton View Post
Also is hard 'hard' considering you can't die at all?
Yes. Towards the end of the game you end up with just your head rolling around all the time, and these little suckers follow you around and try to inhale you. If they inhale you it's game over, and they are quite hard to avoid at times
Old 01-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #14
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
is there a chapter select for this game, also how long is the campaign just as a general playthrough without actually going for certain achievements.

it's on my rental list so im just trying to get an idea of how long the game is.
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:54 AM   #15
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
You can replay chapters.

Last edited by Dirty130; 01-31-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:52 PM   #16
HOWiGOTtheSCARS

HOWiGOTtheSCARS's Gamercard
The last boss battle is NOT as bad as everyone is making it out to be. All you have to do is shoot the glowing yellow guy through the blue portals. I used the dual assault rifles to take him down faster. Then his snake arm collapses on the ground and another blue portal appears on the ground. Pull out your sword, walk through the portal, your sword should now be glowing blue, and just slice his arm off. You do that twice and part 1 is over.

Part 2 is the same as part one except now when you have to shoot him through the portals, the ground raises and you have to climb the ground until you are behind a portal. Then the same shoot, collapse, and slicing of arms thing happens again. Do it twice and BAAM, you have just beaten the last boss!

And this Unavoidable attack that happens every 30 seconds is AVOIDABLE. The boss will say something like ďThis Is Your DemiseĒ. Then Arcadia will TELL you to watch out! At this point he hits the ground causing a shockwave. A well timed jump and you leap over taking no harm what so ever. The only reason it gets a little annoying is that you have to keep an eye out for this while fighting a bunch of regular demons, but with TWO audio cues followed by TWO visual clues, it makes it a bit easier.

I had a lot of fun playing this game so I donít see why there is so much hate. No, itís not Batman or Skyrim, but it is a good game nonetheless. Iím glad I bought it, although I have a feeling it will be hard to impossible to get the Multiplayer achievements cause not many will play this game online.
HOWiGOTtheSCARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:46 PM   #17
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
wow this thread is making the final boss look like hes the on that can never die, instead of the main character. lol.
i picked this up today, and i doubt i will make it to the final boss to experience my own frustration.
MeonOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:59 PM   #18
Godchild1020

Quote:
The game is about trying to keep your limbs, and during the end boss battle you don't lose a limb when you get hit.... you lose all of your limbs. So then you have to scramble around to pick them all up again, and when you finally get yourself together, the boss has an unblockable attack that he uses every 30 seconds or so.

I agree its not blockable, but you can jump over it and come out it with all your limbs. You jump with the A button, I've been using the B button and the B button is just to dodge.
Godchild1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #19
StaticVito

StaticVito's Gamercard
Yeah I was disappointed in this game too. I wanted it to be better, but it's just too frustrating at times. I don't mind some frustrating games, but they have to have good game play to keep me on it. I don't think I'll be completing this one.

And the Boss Battle. Yikes! Not to mention all the mini-bosses. Couldn't they get creative instead of fighting "polar bears," and "hippos" all the time?
Old 02-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #20
Pakhair

Pakhair's Gamercard
I so...... wanted to play it, I knew it will be an average title but the gimmick looked fun, I enjoyed Dark Void, So thought it would be the same (Fun at times). BUT I GUESS I SHOULD SKIP IT
Pakhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #21
AirborneRichard

AirborneRichard's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheevo360 View Post
Very frustrate in final boss? Oh well I don't care I just look forward to NeverDead to play through to earn achievements. Lots of games got final boss for frustrate part.

If I can't complete final boss I don't care since I want cheevos for this game. Wait until walkthrough to explain deep about how beat final boss then I able follow to finish final boss off simple like other games I did before

Easy or Mild or Hard OR PAIN IN ASS!! This is cool that how games is about any of those difficulty levels

Crap or Good games I will play this game anyway.
Sounds like your one of those achievement..B*tches lol! playing every crap or shity game just to earn some gamerscore and to show off to your friends, how sad. You should try to play games like in the good old days m8, just the game and some rewards or unlocks when finishing it no achievements or trophies like nowadays just saying.
AirborneRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #22
Pakhair

Pakhair's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRichard View Post
Sounds like your one of those achievement..B*tches lol! playing every crap or shity game just to earn some gamerscore and to show off to your friends, how sad. You should try to play games like in the good old days m8, just the game and some rewards or unlocks when finishing it no achievements or trophies like nowadays just saying.
I agree cheevos should be for fun, not for torture. I was once addicted to cheevos and have wasted tons of hours of my precious life on stupid games and tough cheevos (e.g grinding ones). Now I've learnt the lesson one should play game only for fun and try to get as many cheevos as possible in single playhthrough and if one likes it he should try for 1G
Old 02-03-2012, 05:18 AM   #23
acdczombie

acdczombie's Gamercard
Quote:
You can go through it on hard from the start if you like, and it looks like the achievements are stackable.... what I meant was that the boss comes back to life after you've beaten him, so you have to do it all over again and he has even more health.

Yes. Towards the end of the game you end up with just your head rolling around all the time, and these little suckers follow you around and try to inhale you. If they inhale you it's game over, and they are quite hard to avoid at times
Don't bullshit people. You have a huge vendetta against this game and its increasingly obvious. The game has flaws. However, you are complaining about truly ridiculous things. First off, the Grandbabies are easy as fuck to avoid; secondly, it isn't "game over" if they inhale you. There is an equally easy minigame that gives you 10 seconds to get out.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #24
Vermillion Haze

Vermillion Haze's Gamercard
That's two threads where "IGN" has been brought up. Dude stop living in denial. It's cool you like this game and that's your business. But IGN's not the only site on the internet. Look at this www.metacritic.com

Out of 27 reviews. This game only had two positive scores. And even those two were only an above average 7.5 and an 8. Most landed in the 5/10 range.Which is why collectively this is a 5/10 game.

Even terrible games have die hard fans. Hell I enjoyed the piss out of "Alpha Protocol" but I can admit it was a huge unpolished mess.

Last edited by Vermillion Haze; 02-03-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Vermillion Haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #25
AirborneRichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakhair View Post
I agree cheevos should be for fun, not for torture. I was once addicted to cheevos and have wasted tons of hours of my precious life on stupid games and tough cheevos (e.g grinding ones). Now I've learnt the lesson one should play game only for fun and try to get as many cheevos as possible in single playhthrough and if one likes it he should try for 1G
Thanks for the understanding I just meant to say how some just seem to care about the achievements instead of the actual game, and yeah your right a game should be always fun and not to be frustrating just to get all the achievements or trophies. I admit i sometimes do try to get some achievements, but its never a must.
All i do know is that even if you have the highest gamerscore in the world it not means much in terms of life, gaming should always come as something fun to do and not control your life because life is to short realy, what would you say when your old and know you die soon to your grandkid? Hey i played games all my life and played every game and finished every game 1000G but i know nothing about life itself or seen much of it either. Just think about it
Old 02-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #26
Pakhair

Pakhair's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRichard View Post
Thanks for the understanding I just meant to say how some just seem to care about the achievements instead of the actual game, and yeah your right a game should be always fun and not to be frustrating just to get all the achievements or trophies. I admit i sometimes do try to get some achievements, but its never a must.
All i do know is that even if you have the highest gamerscore in the world it not means much in terms of life, gaming should always come as something fun to do and not control your life because life is to short realy, what would you say when your old and know you die soon to your grandkid? Hey i played games all my life and played every game and finished every game 1000G but i know nothing about life itself or seen much of it either. Just think about it
Your comment is quite descriptive & philosophical AND I understand what you are trying to say BUT I will simplify it in a simpler tone.

I was once a great gamer (in stone age SNES, PS1, PS2) but then achievements corrupted me (in this gen), I found myself wasting tons of time of my precious life & also missing social life just for single cheevo/trophy BUT THEN I TOOK AN ARROW TO THE KNEE (and came back to my senses )

But you will have to agree still sometimes If one loves a game he will wastes tons of hours for single cheevo (for me in recent memory was Treasure Hunter FF XIII)

Last edited by Pakhair; 02-03-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #27
AirborneRichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakhair View Post
Your comment is quite descriptive & philosophical AND I understand what you are trying to say BUT I will simplify it in a simpler tone.

I was once a great gamer (in stone age SNES, PS1, PS2) but then achievements corrupted me (in this gen), I found myself wasting tons of time of my precious life & also missing social life just for single cheevo/trophy BUT THEN I TOOK AN ARROW TO THE KNEE (and came back to my senses )

But you will have to agree still sometimes If one loves a game he will wastes tons of hours for single cheevo (for me in recent memory was Treasure Hunter FF XIII)
I agree, there are games that i play like SR3 as an example and because of that i got every achievement, same went for The Saboteur, so i think nothing is wrong earning achievements for games you like But it must not control your life :P
Old 02-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #28
VA1N

va1n's Gamercard
Damn, I was hoping this game would at least be a little good. But from what I hear, almost everyone has negative things to say about it. It sounded strange enough that it would be fun to play but I guess not.
VA1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #29
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Look.. All the pissing and moaning about this game, the bad reviews, etc. Ignore it! Try the game for yourself, start it on normal, not hard and give it a go! I love 3rd person action games and sure, this is not as polished as Devil May Cry or Bayonetta, but it is alot of fun and isn't super short like alot of games these days. Some of the upgrades and the cool things you can do with said upgrades, you will not find in any other game to date!

So yeah, sure. Don't play it. Go back to whatever generic sequel you are playing and get over it. Or.. Rent this sucker and have a laugh. I give it a solid 7/10. I gave Bayonetta 9/10 and that game was near flawless.
Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #30
AirborneRichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
Look.. All the pissing and moaning about this game, the bad reviews, etc. Ignore it! Try the game for yourself, start it on normal, not hard and give it a go! I love 3rd person action games and sure, this is not as polished as Devil May Cry or Bayonetta, but it is alot of fun and isn't super short like alot of games these days. Some of the upgrades and the cool things you can do with said upgrades, you will not find in any other game to date!

So yeah, sure. Don't play it. Go back to whatever generic sequel you are playing and get over it. Or.. Rent this sucker and have a laugh. I give it a solid 7/10. I gave Bayonetta 9/10 and that game was near flawless.
I agree with you, the scores games get when reviewed on most sites are always the reviewers personal oppinion, and lets not forget sometimes they do give games a higher or lower score because of that. I had a few games that had low scores and i still enjoyed them alot, this game combines alot of new stuff plus that fact that i just love 3th person shooters. Even if its not that polished as some other games this still is fun realy, plus not let ppl say its short, because there some high score games out there that not very long either and ppl not complain about it how short it is. Don,t forget sometimes someones oppinion about a game gets clouded because others saying its shit. I say build your own oppinion and just give this game a go