PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
GOTY now a Platinum Hits? Pics inside.

I had a $25 Target Gift Card left over from Christmas and I went online at Target.com to see what they had...to my luck, Fallout 3: Game of the Year edition for just 20 bucks! It had one of those "slashed prices" from "$59.99" to "$19.99"...so I was like "Hell yeah I'm picking this up"...and it arrived today.

I didn't expect to see this however...when I first saw the dark grey casing I was like "Oh no...they sent me the wrong version...", I pulled it out anyways...and I had a "?" pop over my head. Sure enough it was "Fallout 3: Game of the Year"...but it was a Platinum Hits? To my knowledge whenever something hits "Platinum Hits", "Greatest Hits", "Nintendo Selects" (or whatever it's called)...the price is always $19.99 no matter what store it's at. Hell the regular Fallout 3 is Platinum Hits and currently sits at $19.99.

Little over a month ago I saw it at Walmart, GOTY...still over $30. But now I'm looking at this...does this mean everyone can pick up GOTY for just $19.99? Well, here's the pics of this thing:

As you can see at the top it has the Platinum Hits thing on the corner and has the official Platinum Hits seal next to the guy's helmet.

The binding is a hideous white label...something I'd expect to see on a Display Case at Gamestop or Blockbuster. The back however is definitely the same as the regular GOTY with the cardboard cover.

Both discs are definitely included, I'm installing the DLC one now to my old Xbox and I'll copy the DLC onto a flashdrive so I can bring it over to my 4GB slim. The instruction booklet isn't even that...it's as if you have two covers and that's it. I'm not sure if the regular GOTY is like this as well.

Anyways...this is good news, I think! This might mean with the soon to be released Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition that GOTY Fallout 3 will be dropping to $19.99 for everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
I'll support any post of CrazyMv94's that isn't whining from lack of social connection.
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVthePunisher View Post
I had a $25 Target Gift Card left over from Christmas and I went online at Target.com to see what they had...to my luck, Fallout 3: Game of the Year edition for just 20 bucks! It had one of those "slashed prices" from "$59.99" to "$19.99"...so I was like "Hell yeah I'm picking this up"...and it arrived today.

I didn't expect to see this however...when I first saw the dark grey casing I was like "Oh no...they sent me the wrong version...", I pulled it out anyways...and I had a "?" pop over my head. Sure enough it was "Fallout 3: Game of the Year"...but it was a Platinum Hits? To my knowledge whenever something hits "Platinum Hits", "Greatest Hits", "Nintendo Selects" (or whatever it's called)...the price is always $19.99 no matter what store it's at. Hell the regular Fallout 3 is Platinum Hits and currently sits at $19.99.

Little over a month ago I saw it at Walmart, GOTY...still over $30. But now I'm looking at this...does this mean everyone can pick up GOTY for just $19.99? Well, here's the pics of this thing:

As you can see at the top it has the Platinum Hits thing on the corner and has the official Platinum Hits seal next to the guy's helmet.

The binding is a hideous white label...something I'd expect to see on a Display Case at Gamestop or Blockbuster. The back however is definitely the same as the regular GOTY with the cardboard cover.

Both discs are definitely included, I'm installing the DLC one now to my old Xbox and I'll copy the DLC onto a flashdrive so I can bring it over to my 4GB slim. The instruction booklet isn't even that...it's as if you have two covers and that's it. I'm not sure if the regular GOTY is like this as well.

Anyways...this is good news, I think! This might mean with the soon to be released Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition that GOTY Fallout 3 will be dropping to $19.99 for everyone!
Wow, that's weird! Nice price, but kinda sucks too, my GOTY that I got when they launched them is a lot nicer, came with a two disc version of the original case with a nice vault themed manual and was in a fold out cardboard slip. But hey, who cares about the box! It's the amazing game that matters and the cheaper you can get it the better. My DLC disc was kinda cool, though, when I put it in, my Xbox guide and everything looked like it did when the 360 launched, does your's do that?
WOLFkraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:35 AM   #3
Darth Swifty

Darth Swifty's Gamercard
Nice, I may have to pick that up now!
Old 07-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #4
CuddlyREDRUM

CuddlyREDRUM's Gamercard
Looks like I am in the same boat.

Thing is, Amazon had the original pic of it up when I bought it a day ago. Now, it shows a Platinum Hits pic.

Sucks, glad the game is so bigggg.
CuddlyREDRUM is offline   Reply With Quote