PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Strategy > Iron Brigade
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-08-2011, 03:00 AM   #1
vayacondiosamigo

Wave 50

Message me if anyone is interested in trying to get to wave 50 in survival.
vayacondiosamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #2
justinman114

Justinman114's Gamercard
i'm interested, but is it possible? i could barely hit 25 on swamp, volt droppers always dominate. ideas?
justinman114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:31 AM   #3
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
volt droppers really suck. im also curious on how to take them down faster
Old 02-05-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
volt droppers really suck. im also curious on how to take them down faster
Sniper turrets. The Iron Clad ones upgraded to level 3 rip them out of the sky, and just about everything else, too.

Auburok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #5
littlejay

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburok View Post
Sniper turrets. The Iron Clad ones upgraded to level 3 rip them out of the sky, and just about everything else, too.
tried the sniper and it hardly helps with the volt dropper on settlement.

Last edited by littlejay; 02-05-2012 at 10:01 PM.
littlejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:29 AM   #6
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
tried the sniper and it hardly helps with the volt dropper on settlement.
Settlement is too hard to do solo. Sniper is amazing for it, if you have a good one. You need iron clad or better. One or two upgraded ones can take it out in about 30 seconds if it's in range.

Settlement is starting to look like one of those maps you go full bore with weapons, and use turrets to fight fliers.

Edit:

Just got the achievement with three others. I was using the "Boomerang" cannon and the "Boo Boo Ray" with quickloading legs. I took dampeners and flak turrets, and I was on the long path on the mountain. I plastered the thing with dampeners while the rest of the team took the right side of the map.

There was an engineer, an assault, and another heavy. The most problematic things were definitely jacobs, which the engineer and assault would have to try to worm in and kill. Dampening generators on my side were a godsend, and my base (green) never got below 2/3rds.

The problem always seems to be orange/yellow base. It's out in the open, and people tend to flail at any problem that comes that way. Mines would probably have helped, or mortars. Volt Droppers would be sniped out of the sky by turrets and the other heavy/assault, while flaks tagged it. Knobs and cathies are a little troublesome, but a ray will take them out easily, especially if you use dampening generators.

Do not do Settlement on your own. It just won't work. You stretch yourself too thin before you can set up turrets that will fend for themselves.

Last edited by Auburok; 02-06-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Auburok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:20 AM   #7
littlejay

fyi i have at least 2 others with me doing settlement. and we are working on survival. in going to try some of these tips this weekend. thanks
Old 02-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #8
Fang Foom

Fang Foom's Gamercard
Gah, I only have settlement survival to do and I always get mashed at wave 9 or 10. Even with a good team, the Voltdropper owns us. I tried using a sniper turret but couldnt upgrade in time and it didnt do much..

soo sucky!
Fang Foom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #9
vayacondiosamigo

no one finds it odd that I made this thread after the hospital dlc came out and no one responded. Then I made a thread devoted to settlement and no one responded, but people recently responded to this one. I find that a little strange.

BTW I have gotten to wave 30 on settlement multiple times. I am looking for people to get to wave 50 with.
vayacondiosamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:03 PM   #10
Ionus

Nezron's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburok View Post
Settlement is too hard to do solo. Sniper is amazing for it, if you have a good one. You need iron clad or better. One or two upgraded ones can take it out in about 30 seconds if it's in range.

Do not do Settlement on your own. It just won't work. You stretch yourself too thin before you can set up turrets that will fend for themselves.
This is just not true! you can do settlement and any of the other solo, I got to wave 54 on settlement solo... it is a challenge but can be done.

p.s. the best sniper turret to use is the piercing sniper turret... since it shoots through enemies and will hit the Jacobs behind them.