Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #31
RDrules

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSletchman View Post
Looks really good (especially options for Multi/Single player achievements). Just kinda let down by "kill x enemies" - so uninspiring. It's also weird in some ways: ME2 had Warp X Barriers, Overload X Shields and Burn X Armours - ME3 only has the Overload Shields achievement.

Also something to think about:

Master and Commander (50 ) - Deliver most of the Galaxy at War assets to the final conflict.

Isn't "Galaxy at War" the multiplayer mode? If so you may need to play it for this one single achievement (at least to some extant). I could be wrong (and having all others having options suggests there will be other avenues to get this one), just putting it out there.
Galaxy at war is the multiplayer mode but bioware had stated that you didn't need it to receive all the help for the final battle, so i just assumed that you could go through the game doing things to provide the same assets
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #32
TheSletchman

TheSletchman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrules View Post
Galaxy at war is the multiplayer mode but bioware had stated that you didn't need it to receive all the help for the final battle, so i just assumed that you could go through the game doing things to provide the same assets
Hopefully there is an alternate route* to the achievement. Like how you have (in ME1 / ME2) N7 Assignments, Citadel Assignments, and so on - there might be "Galaxy at War" Assignments you can do instead / as well as multiplayer.

*I personally don't mind, I'm going to play this in multiplayer, too. I just would love for this to start a new trend in games - to many games have forced multiplayer achievements and this is a fantastic step in the right direction.
TheSletchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #33
Katarn84

Katarn84's Gamercard
Quote:
now those are the best multiplayer achievements ive ever seen... do something in multi or something more in single player
I totally agree. So that's settled for me a my brother and just one Online Pass. It's a neat 1000 for both without the need to waste 800 MSP.

About the Master and Commander, I think N7 missions work towards getting war assests for Galaxy at war since Tour of Duty says "Finish all multiplayer maps or all N7 missions in single-player".
If I'm right you should get war assest doing multiplayer missions, and since N7 missions are the single player equivalent they too should count toward it. We'll learn it soon enough.

Last edited by Katarn84; 02-05-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Katarn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #34
PBALL

The Real PBALL's Gamercard
Best MP achievements ever. Not one complaint. Not going to be easy, but this is a damn good list.
PBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #35
Tai_MT

Send a message via AIM to Tai_MT Send a message via MSN to Tai_MT

YouGotOwned12's Gamercard
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSletchman View Post
Looks really good (especially options for Multi/Single player achievements). Just kinda let down by "kill x enemies" - so uninspiring. It's also weird in some ways: ME2 had Warp X Barriers, Overload X Shields and Burn X Armours - ME3 only has the Overload Shields achievement.

Also something to think about:

Master and Commander (50 ) - Deliver most of the Galaxy at War assets to the final conflict.

Isn't "Galaxy at War" the multiplayer mode? If so you may need to play it for this one single achievement (at least to some extant). I could be wrong (and having all others having options suggests there will be other avenues to get this one), just putting it out there.
Nope. The "Galaxy At War" assets are the same assets you can obtain in singleplayer. It's the "Galactic Readiness" scale, meter, whatever that fills up from doing stuff. The more that meter is filled, the more assets you bring to the battlefield.

Does that help you?

"It's worth remembering that all reviews are subjective personal opinions and if you personally enjoy the game, then they shouldn't get to you. Unless there's a dispicable nagging little doubt in the back of your mind that maybe you're not having as much fun as you've convinced yourself you're having. And won't go away no matter how many times you try to slap it away with weak excuses."
Tai_MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #36
The_Iceman2288

TheIceman2288's Gamercard
The Insanity playthrough will probably be much easier seeing as how the game is now playable as just Story with very little combat.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #37
Robobeast76

robobeast76's Gamercard
Kill 5,000 enemies is going to be a bit of grind. Hopefully there's a counter for these things like there was in ME2. ME1 was totally unknown how far to go on biotic or tech achievements.
Robobeast76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #38
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robobeast76 View Post
Kill 5,000 enemies is going to be a bit of grind. Hopefully there's a counter for these things like there was in ME2. ME1 was totally unknown how far to go on biotic or tech achievements.
seems to be the norm to have a counter for things like this now
Old 02-06-2012, 12:25 AM   #39
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai_MT View Post
Nope. The "Galaxy At War" assets are the same assets you can obtain in singleplayer. It's the "Galactic Readiness" scale, meter, whatever that fills up from doing stuff. The more that meter is filled, the more assets you bring to the battlefield.
From what I understand -

What ending you receive is determined by the forumla: War assets (a cumulative number that rises dependant on what you accumulate and who you recruit in game/multiplayer are then multiplied by your 'Galactic readiness' level (dont really know what this is all about yet, maybe just story progress and side mission completion). Once that has been done the game arrives at a numerical total for your ending. There will be brackets I guess from the best ending, to the second best, and sliding all the way down to failure.

Each war asset has a number value attached to it (1 random guy you meet who joins the cause = 1 war asset, a fleet = 9,000 war assets etc)

All speculation at this point, but I have this from a semi-trusted source.

TLDR - War assets X Galactic readiness = Total (x).
(x) determines ending.

Last edited by Rivercurse; 02-06-2012 at 02:03 AM.
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:52 AM   #40
RDrules

If thats true then i hope us that have played from the start get some unique war assets like the rachnai etc, we should since its been going from ME1
Old 02-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #41
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Another thing, the best thing about this acheivement list is that for many true Mass Effect fans this list will come naturally anyway by the sheer amount of playthroughs most of us will do. I love it.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #42
EMP

MaGiC MaN TJ's Gamercard

Love the two way achievements where you have the option. Pretty crazy, never seen it done before.

→The Xbox One is freakin Awesome ←
All generalizations are false, including this one.
~ Xbox One | Day One ~
EMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #43
superdupergizmo

superdupergizmo's Gamercard
yeah really got to give out my props to bioware on this one. no kinect, and revolutionary mp achievements. well props, looking forward to completing the game of the year.

superdupergizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #44
grimkillah

grimkillah's Gamercard
This achievement list almost felt like BioWare's passive aggressive way of telling EA to stick their MP where the sun don't shine.
grimkillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #45
Robobeast76

robobeast76's Gamercard
Quote:
If thats true then i hope us that have played from the start get some unique war assets like the rachnai etc, we should since its been going from ME1
If the Rachni Queen doesn't come to my assistance I will be very disappointed.
Robobeast76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:41 PM   #46
FROMtheASHES984

FROMtheASHES777's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaymez View Post
This is exactly how all achievements should be constructed.

Gaming Industry take note, you've just witnessed history being made.

The first Triple A title with a multi-optional well balanced achievement list.
QFT. I came here to same something along the same lines, but you have said it all. Bioware wins.
FROMtheASHES984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:37 AM   #47
stevebaker28

stevebaker28's Gamercard
Talking

Got to say I was slightly taken aback to find out this game would have multiplayer at all but I'm loving the fact I don't have to go online to 100% this! What an amazing turn of events.
For me a game like this is single player only. I spent so much time playing the last two that to add in multiplayer cheevos would be stupid.
Really can't wait til release day!
stevebaker28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:33 AM   #48
scrummers

scrummers's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robobeast76 View Post
If the Rachni Queen doesn't come to my assistance I will be very disappointed.
She won't be coming to my aid. I killed her in my main Shepard so I kinda screwed myself there. But I saved here in my second Shepard. So it will be intresting to see what the difference is between saving her and killing her.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #49
DragonusDarque

DarqueDragon143's Gamercard
This is a terrific list. I love that you don't have to play multiplayer to get those achievements, as they have single player requirements, too.
Can't wait to play this game, but I am not sure how much multiplayer I will be doing. I will certainly play some, but I am not always that great at multiplayer, especially third person.
Also, I believe we will start with whatever level our imported Shepard ended ME2 with, getting us to level 60 in one playthrough.
But, for me, Insanity will be a second playthrough for me. Never did get that one on ME2 .
Plus, best of all, no Kinect achievements!!
DragonusDarque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #50
Ephemeral Locke

ephemeral locke's Gamercard
It'll be interesting to see if the counter for the achievements to use various abilities count in the multiplayer version. If so, you could just use an engineer or biotic character there and not worry about it in the main story if you're partial to Soldiers, like I am. Also, the 5,000 kills one probably includes kills while in the multi-player...
Ephemeral Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:40 AM   #51
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Yep good list. From what I saw no achievements that force Kinect or MP upon you.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #52
Clevige

Clevige's Gamercard
if this is what the game achievements look like imagine what the dlc achievements will be like
Clevige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #53
x SNAKE5 x

x SNAKE5 x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I think I am actually in love with Bioware. Maybe that's why they don't return my calls.

100% Complete Retail: 12 Arcade: 22
90%+ Complete Retail: 27 Arcade: 5
75%+ Complete Retail: 29 Arcade: 11

PSN ID: SNAKES-774
x SNAKE5 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #54
ShadowSonic85

KillSteelTex's Gamercard
Well at least the 25 kills with the Omniblade is going to give us and Avatar Award.....thanks Bioware....thanks for not making them for the 2nd game *Note: that was sarcasm*

100% in Arcade: Dead Rising 2: Case 0, Dead Rising 2: Case West, Minecraft: 360 Edition
ShadowSonic85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #55
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Another vote for the two way achievements here. Insanity will probably be easy enough, just like the previous two games were.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #56
Pearson

Biomedical Fire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Like others, I'm glad that you have the option to get a few achievements by either completing the MP or SP aspect of the game. Too bad other developers didn't follow Bioware's lead. However, I'm still going to give the MP part of ME3 a try, who knows, I might like it.

Last edited by Pearson; 02-15-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Pearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #57
Ninjajohnny

Ninjajohnny09's Gamercard
The achievements in ME 1 was a real pain. The second was much better but I would like some more focus on playing the game differently (story wise) for increased replayability.
This game is gonna kick ass!
Ninjajohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #58
jack3auer

jack3auer's Gamercard
i am with the "bioware did a good job giving the option for SP achievements" camp......but....

dont you think that MP maps will be number one on biowares list of DLC ideas? particularly because this game is supposed to wrap up the storyline. maybe they will do extra missions, but i am thinking any dlc will likely be for MP and will come with MP specific achievements.......
jack3auer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #59
Fiery Phoenix

Valiant Phoenix's Gamercard
Yet another vote for the two-way achievements. I wish other developers would follow suit. This is exactly how MP/online achievements should be.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #60
Ethereal235

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
My only worry is that the single-player/multiplayer achievements will be glitchy for either the MP or SP. Also, I don't know what the hell you "Insanity was easy" people are talking about. I died like 20 times working my way through it. That's the only achievement I'm specifically worried about here. And maybe the insanity SP/gold MP stuff, but the gold one I might be able to leach off of more skilled players. :P