PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Games for Windows Live Games > Age of Empires Online
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-05-2012, 06:26 AM   #1
sadlyshesaid

Sadlyshesaid's Gamercard
Angry Still unable to get the game to play

I've had this game installed on my computer for over a month now. Been a bit busy, so tried a few times to get it to start and still havn't succeeded. I thought I'd try the message board here first to see if anyone has any input, as I have reached the point where I no longer have patience for this.

So. I've paid for the greek civ pack. Downloaded and installed Age of Empires Online and Greek Civ pack as well as the free skirmishes bundle. In my game hub next to the title of the game it has the button that says play. Main screen for the game itself loads its little update and then says PLAY.

Click play. Tells me I need to log in to xbox live. Strange, I already am on the marketplace where I originally clicked to play the game. All that aside, okay, let's do that anyways. Annnd says xbox live requires an update or I will be signed out of xbox live. Sure, let's do that. Click YES to install super awesome seemingly unobtainable update.

And that's where it basically tells me to F off and try again later, signs me out of xbox live (which it never signed me in to begin with) and I exit the game and low and behold, on my desktop, it shows the wonderful windows live marketplace screen with my gamertag still logged in.

Repeat process of clicking Play. and then PLAY. and then YES, let's update! and same problem.

Now, I'm not a PC gamer. I play 99% of games on the console. So I'm used to my xbox telling me there's a required update, downloading the required update, and the update (gasp) actually downloading and allowing me to play my games. So, why is Windows Live screwing me over?

I want to play my damn game.
sadlyshesaid is offline   Reply With Quote