PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 5
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-05-2012, 06:31 AM   #1
Chada Darkmane

Chada Darkmane's Gamercard
Start on veteran?

Is it stupid to start this game on veteran difficulty first because it seems impossible. Everything takes too many hits to die and you don't have enough ammo, and now i'm up to some asshole with a chainsaw who wont die even if i use all my ammo on him and its only chap 2-1. But if i play the game first on easy than i'm looking at 3+ play through's to get all the acieivements which is going to take forever. What is the story?
Old 02-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
Miles Prower F6

Miles Prower F6's Gamercard
Yeah you want to start on easy or medium. If you want to have fun, go with medium, if all you care about is achievements, go for easy.

You'll save yourself a lot of stress if you do a playthrough on easy/normal to get used to the game, and to build up your character a bit.

Once you have maxed out a weapon and have infinite ammo, preferably on a magnum, you'll be able to go through veteran without too much effort.
Miles Prower F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:30 PM   #3
wiimichii

wiimichii's Gamercard
I would start the first playthrough on easy/medium, too. If you beat all chapters under 5 hours playing, you get infinite ammo for the rocket launcher.
wiimichii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #4
Jeesp

Jeesp's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I tried to play on veteran just after I had finished RE4 on professional. It was just so much more stressful than RE4 because you can't take a breather/change weapons in the case. And also, Sheva is so stupid when playing alone.
Jeesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Start on normal. Get the rpg with unlimited ammo. then do professional. Pro only took me about 4 hours :L

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #6
Skorpion XBA
Prepping for Battle

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   XBA Representer   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
I agree. Start on a lower level difficulty and work your way up. It's easier and less stressful that way.
Skorpion XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #7
slimepunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeesp View Post
And also, Sheva is so stupid when playing alone.
I've played this game to death since it came out and honestly, I'd rather trust the AI on Professional than a random player. Why? AI stays with you and heals you straight away. Random players run off and get hit and it's game over within a second. I've done 3 run throughs on Pro with the AI and although it does make mistakes, it's less of a headache doing most of it yourself rather than trusting unreliable randoms with crappy weapons.
slimepunch is offline   Reply With Quote