PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-12-2012, 02:22 AM   #61
h4mm32

Send a message via AIM to h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I will probably be going back through the guide and adjusting some of the flow of the achievements to make more sense and update some to have more detail tomorrow.
h4mm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:36 AM   #62
TheSecondLetter

TheSecondLetter's Gamercard
Tip for looting and pickpocketing to avoid capture: When you press 'A' to view the contents of the NPC or Object, you'll notice a % showing how likely you are to get caught. If you exit out by pressing 'B' and immediately enter back in by pressing 'A' you'll notice that this % number begins to drop...

if you continue doing so, you have a great chance of lowering the % to Zero.
TheSecondLetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:48 AM   #63
BBowles

BBowles's Gamercard
I found the best place to do my pickpocketing was in Gorhart (of course). Stood behind the shopkeeper in the blacksmithing building, and stole every item from her (she has over 10 items). If I got caught (was at like 12-13% chance of it) I simply paid the fine and went back to work. No need to exit between pickpocketing items either...I got my last 7 or so in one button-mashing trip :P

Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Ultimate Battler - Completed 2/9/11
BBowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:36 AM   #64
h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSecondLetter View Post
Tip for looting and pickpocketing to avoid capture: When you press 'A' to view the contents of the NPC or Object, you'll notice a % showing how likely you are to get caught. If you exit out by pressing 'B' and immediately enter back in by pressing 'A' you'll notice that this % number begins to drop...

if you continue doing so, you have a great chance of lowering the % to Zero.
it should naturally go down the more time you've spent in stealth unseen.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #65
Hoborg
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
My first achievement was juggler and I got it in the tutorial. Pressing x then x rapidly worked great!

OP: you don't need to be so windy and long-worded. With regards to juggler achievement all you need to do is paraphrase what someone said then at the bottom write "credit xxxxx"

It makes the guide easier to read and looks nicer and cleaner. Just a friendly tip.
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #66
digitalink

digitai ink's Gamercard
Out of your League 20

Kill an enemy 4 levels higher than you.

The levels of enemies can be seen by the colour of their name plate above their head. Yellow is your level, orange is two levels above you, and red is four. Simply venture to unknown areas using your map to find a red tagged enemy. To make the fight simple save a reckoning ability with which to kill him. The damage from your attacks will help kill any surrounding creatures and easily help you dispatch the mob. if you leave the starting zone for the zone to the south east "haxhi" you should be able to find a thresh that's easy to kill especially with DLC armor and weapons and reckoning. you can also go east to apotyre before level 11 (guaranteed). there you will find the motus mining headquarters east of white stone. in the basement you will find 7-8 Red tagged skeletons you can kite and kill with a ranged weapon without taking damage... i used chakrams and the level 1 lightning bolt i got from the tutorial.. it took roughly 2 minutes to kill just one and about 8-10 to kill all of them.

I just wanted to confirm for those who waited until later in the game to attempt this achievement the skeletons were still marked red when I was level 12.

Completed Retail (??): Recent - Mass Effect 3
Completed Arcade (??): Recent - Joe Danger
Insider Moves on Inside Xbox gave me a shout out!!
In motion: Backlogged like a mofo...

digitalink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #67
wolfzero01

wolfzero01's Gamercard
you can also get the out of your league achievement at the same time as the jailbreak one if you do it in the first town you encounter, make sure you have a full fate bar before doing this. after selecting the going jail option, pick the lock netting you the jailbreak achievement, then wait for the guards to leave the area and get your equipment back. right next to the chest is a lever that will open a cell that has an unarmed prisoner. simply go into reckoning mode, beat him down and press the A button. once you finish him off the achievement will pop. I did it when I was lvl 1.

you can also get the Reckoning Rampage one in the first town too. make sure you save or you will have a huge bounty, also I had the pre-order armor from Gamestop so I don't know if it will work for everyone, just attack a guard and select the resist arrest option. then run around until there are more than 5 enemies attacking you just to be safe. enter reckoning mode and beat down as many as you can, go up to one, hit the A button, once the animation of you killing that enemy is over all the ones you had down will die also and the achievement should unlock
wolfzero01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #68
TheSecondLetter

There must be more to "Green Thumb" than meets the eye. I have 10 or more of every possible Reagent and I didn't get the achievement. The only thing I can think of is that it's holding against me the fact that I found some of my Reagents in treasure chests and thru looting vice gaining them thru pure harvesting.

if this is the case, I've got to find a harvest spot for Scarab Salts. It's the only Reagent I have 10 of that I don't have a harvest spot for.

Anyone else have this achievement that can confirm?
Old 02-13-2012, 12:34 AM   #69
Diamondz

king diamondz's Gamercard
Scarab Salts was the reagent that got me the achievement, you do need to actually harvest them and not find them in treasure chests or on enemies.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=356583

Location of reagents is halfway down page.
Diamondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:15 AM   #70
dropK1CK_ninJA

dropK1CK ninJA's Gamercard
So is this game looking to be 2 plays? 1 for normal and then a hard play which you can zip through in 8hour-ish?
dropK1CK_ninJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:41 AM   #71
TheSecondLetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropK1CK_ninJA View Post
So is this game looking to be 2 plays? 1 for normal and then a hard play which you can zip through in 8hour-ish?
Nah! Definitely do the hard run out of the gate. It's not that difficult and actually makes the combat a bit more fun given the amount of hours you'll need to log to 1K.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:59 AM   #72
tkhbecker

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4mm32 View Post
Niskaru Slayer 20

Kill 25 Niskaru.

You will get this with natural story progression, thanks to rokkyrok for this info
Theres an "Infinite" Niskaru spawn during "The Erathell's Blessing" side quest in Ayten.

Go to Ayten (first city along the road in the Plains of Etrathell) and talk to Singing Nell. She'll give you a quest to activate the 5 Windstones at Ayten Circle. The trick is NOT to activate them in the correct order. (Lowest, Low, Medium, High, Highest). Starting at any one stone activate each stone in a counter/clockwise motion. This will summon a Niskaru. Defeat and repeat.

Pixels

Last edited by tkhbecker; 02-13-2012 at 02:01 AM.
tkhbecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:53 AM   #73
nateeasy

nateeasy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
It would be cool. If we could list the individual sidequests needed for the complete X storyline achievements. If anyone knows them that would be great!
nateeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:04 AM   #74
h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateeasy View Post
It would be cool. If we could list the individual sidequests needed for the complete X storyline achievements. If anyone knows them that would be great!
house of ballads is literally back to back the only way you can turn it down is if you say "no not at this time" the war sworn and travellers missions are the same for me so far, haven't done sorrows or scholia yet. as long as you follow the intro missions which I've posted so far you're golden
Old 02-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #75
h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

I've added all contributors to the guide, if I missed someone please post
Old 02-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #76
dropK1CK_ninJA

dropK1CK ninJA's Gamercard
Anything missable? Just trying to prepare for my play.
dropK1CK_ninJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #77
h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropK1CK_ninJA View Post
Anything missable? Just trying to prepare for my play.
it's all in the roadmap
Old 02-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #78
DragonusDarque

DarqueDragon143's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBLEACH View Post
This isnt working, im completely nude with no armor/clothes and no weapons, and i talked to like 4 different people. Still no achievement. Im level 21.
I was having the same problem, then I realized I was still "wearing" my shield. Took that off, and it popped as soon as I talked to someone. Also gotta remember to take off your secondary weapon.
DragonusDarque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #79
h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonusDarque View Post
I was having the same problem, then I realized I was still "wearing" my shield. Took that off, and it popped as soon as I talked to someone. Also gotta remember to take off your secondary weapon.
I did it with both primary and secondary weapons but no armour, no accessories.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #80
Shadow Rabbi

shadow rabbi's Gamercard
Quote:
The most time consuming will be loremaster as it will require you to explore much of the world on foot. Keep the maps of lorestones locations handy Found Here http://www.ign.com/wikis/kingdoms-of...ing/Lorestones and you should be able to knock this out efficiently.
While playing I have found that the lorestone guide doesn't seem to cover lorestones in dungeons, and it misses some open world stones, so it might be a good idea to keep your eyes open
Shadow Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #81
foladar

foladar's Gamercard
Quote:
All but 6 achievements are technically missable
What six aren't missable? I thought none were since it's an open ended game, but I guess that's wrong?
foladar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:03 PM   #82
h4mm32

h4mm32's Gamercard

I marked them in the guide, 5 are main story related and the nishkaru slayer are the 6.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #83
fab83700

Quote:
Riposte! 10

Land 25 special attacks out of Parry.

The riposte skill is for any weapon and will require 50 points spent in one specific class specialization, be it sorcery, finesse, or might, to unlock the after parry attack. it is the far most left tree in each class.

i'm not agree with that ! it's impossible with sorcery because sorcery has only a "special attack from BLOCK" and not a "special attack from PARRY" like the finesse or might tree
fab83700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:37 AM   #84
WarpedLord

WarpedLord's Gamercard
Quote:
Detect Hidden- 2 points, if you max detect hidden it will make finiding lorestones much much easier.
I may be wrong about this... but don't you actually need 6 pts in this to get the Loremaster achievement, considering there are lorestones that are only accessable behind secret doors, and level 6 lets you detect and open secret doors?
WarpedLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:36 AM   #85
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Good job on the guide, just starting tonight.

I'd like a little confirmation on the "missable" achievements though. Are you just saying you can miss doing them before the story is over, or you can miss doing them completely and have to start a new save file? I know you can play after it's done, so in that case, shouldn't there be NO missable achievements?

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:45 AM   #86
Born Apophis

Born Knight 74's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpedLord View Post
I may be wrong about this... but don't you actually need 6 pts in this to get the Loremaster achievement, considering there are lorestones that are only accessable behind secret doors, and level 6 lets you detect and open secret doors?
At Level 10 you see all Lorestones in the Map, making things much easier:

Basic

(1) - Enemies (red dots) and other NPCs (white dots) are displayed on the mini-map. are More gold is obtained from defeated enemies and item containers.

(2) - Hidden treasures are revealed (brown chests) on the mini-map and revealed as you near them. More gold is obtained from defeated enemies and item containers.

(3) - Enemy facings are shown on the mini-map, giving you an advantage when sneaking. More gold is obtained from defeated enemies and item containers.

(4) - You can disarm traps. More gold is obtained from defeated enemies and item containers.

Advanced

(5) - Secret doors are displayed on the mini-map, and are revealed as you near them. More gold is obtained from defeated enemies and item containers.

(6) - More gold is obtained from defeated enemies and item containers.

(7) - Traps are displayed on the mini-map. More gold is obtained from defeated enemies and item containers.

Master

(8) - Traps can be disarmed and salvaged for Blacksmithing components. More gold is obtained from defeated enemies and item containers.

(9) - More gold is obtained from defeated enemies and item containers.

(10) - Lorestones and treasures are displayed on the mini-map. More gold is obtained from defeated enemies and item containers.
Born Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:51 AM   #87
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Bookworm 15

Read 50 books.

Books can be found on shelves in buildings just about anywhere, look for highlighted objects such as book cases to find books for you to read, some will require theft. Using stealth and making sure the percentage next to the book name is low ( BOOK OF BOOKEDNESS +1 0%) will ensure you will remain safe in your roguish tendencies. however if you are trying to commit crimes as well... you might as well go nuts. Make sure you are browsing through your inventory, finding the book, and actually reading it.
When looking in a shelf/desk etc You can press to inspect a book and then press again to read it without stealing it.

SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:30 AM   #88
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Regarding the A wink and a smile achievement, how soon can you end up getting this? How many points do you actually need for it?
Old 02-14-2012, 02:45 AM   #89
vithzeral

Send a message via ICQ to vithzeral

vithzeral's Gamercard
For Where's my Wallet you should clarify that by "successful" you mean that you are not detected. If you get the item but are detected this does not count.
vithzeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:48 AM   #90
Yaymez

Yaymez's Gamercard
Great guide! It has really helped out during my playthrough The names of items, places and people could all use a once-over though as many are not capitalized.

I gave it a quick skim read for correction purposes (I might have missed some, sorry about that) and made some suggested changes below:

Quote:
House of Ballads 20

Complete the House of Ballads storyline quests.

The side mission building bridges will start this quest line, this is the quest obtained by the man standing over the injured fae in Gorhart at the beginning of the game.
This should be - The side mission "Building Bridges" will start...

Quote:
House of Sorrows 20

Complete the House of Sorrows storyline quests.

This starts on the second island, you will be notified by a someone to drop by a location to start the story line.
It should be - you will be notified by someone

Quote:
Cleaning up the Streets 20

Kill 50 bandits.

One of the easier achievements, bandits can be found almost every where and this achievement should unlock very early for you...
It should be - One of the easier achievements. Bandits can be found almost everywhere and this achievement should unlock very early for you...

Quote:
Foiled Again! 15

Parry 100 times.

To parry attacks you must have a shield quipped then press and...
It should be - To parry attacks you must have a shield equipped, then press and

Quote:
Kill 25 enemies with traps.

The first trap that you will have access to is the frost trap on the right side of the finesse tree. It will take 6 points to get this ability and more for it to start being lethal. The following skill, Icy Explosion, will add to it's damage modifiers making this achievement easier to obtain.
It should be - it's should be 'its'.

Quote:
Would You Like Fries with that? 15

Land 100 complete attack chains.

To achieve this simply continue attacking with the button until the attack chain is complete usually this will stagger the foe or trigger a weapon affect such as poison or fire damage.
It should be - To achieve this simply continue attacking with the button until the attack chain is complete. Usually this will stagger the fo...

Quote:
Juggler 20

Land 5 consecutive hits on a launched enemy.

there are countless moves under the move tree to launch an enemy into the air, but one will likely net you this with ease. As I get it I will post if it works but the faeblades have a spinning launch attack that damages the enemy multiple time after the launch.
It should be - As I get it I will post if it works but the Faeblades have a spinning launch attack that damages the enemy multiple times after the launch.

Quote:
It Didn't Explode! 10

Make a stable potion by experimenting.

you will likely get this with natural progression. However this wouldn't be a guide if I didn't write it. The first possible place to mix potions is in gohart the western foremost building opposite the blacksmith if you take a right when you enter the basement you will find an alchemy mixing station and you can enter experiments.
It should be - The first possible place to mix potions is in Gohart, in the western foremost building opposite the blacksmith. If you take a right when you enter the basement you will find an alchemy mixing station and you can experiment there.

Retail 100%

Dragon Age:Origins + DLC, KoA:Reckoning, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout 3 + DLC, Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed II + DLC, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Lego Pirates, Dead Space, Dead Space 2 + DLC, Majin & the Forsaken Kingdom

Arcade 100%
Stacking, Beyond Good & Evil HD, Deathspank, Deathspank: T.O.V, Banjo Kazooie.
Yaymez is offline   Reply With Quote