PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > The Darkness 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
miiiguel

SlayerSpecial's Gamercard
One Man Army

This is ridicule. I-m almost giving up on this game right at the beggining, I can't seem to unlock One Man Army...
Any tips ? I, of course, already sucked it up and put it on Thug difficulty, but even so...
And, on the achivement list x360a page there's a guy who said he did easy and restarted from checkpoint before the kitchen, but that's not true right, as the Achivement says no restarting from checkpoint (that's what's getting on my nerves, I had to go through that curt-scene for so many times now... God!!!)
Well, hope some one indulges me, am quite close to never play this again, good thing I have no Achievement unlocked and can just delete this from my game's list, but ffs, I realy wanted to play this, but it's frustating!!!!!!
miiiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
Its really not that hard. I got it my first try barely trying. I assume you are playing on easy?
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #3
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Talking Quick Tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by miiiguel View Post
This is ridicule. I-m almost giving up on this game right at the beggining, I can't seem to unlock One Man Army...
Any tips ? I, of course, already sucked it up and put it on Thug difficulty, but even so...
And, on the achivement list x360a page there's a guy who said he did easy and restarted from checkpoint before the kitchen, but that's not true right, as the Achivement says no restarting from checkpoint (that's what's getting on my nerves, I had to go through that curt-scene for so many times now... God!!!)
Well, hope some one indulges me, am quite close to never play this again, good thing I have no Achievement unlocked and can just delete this from my game's list, but ffs, I realy wanted to play this, but it's frustating!!!!!!
It is a little annoying, but what I did was go to YouTube and look up the achievement (Achievement Hunters did a pretty good guide for this). I watched it and as I got to each group of enemies in the video, I would pause the YouTube video, and then start playing. Then shoot the guys in the game, pause the game, then restart the video, etc. If you do it this way, you will easily get the achievement since you are seeing each section in small snippets and it makes it easier to know where to aim your gun in the game.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
miiiguel

SlayerSpecial's Gamercard
Sounds like a very good idea, going to give it a try, now that I'm less pissed, ahah.
I mean, it's not like I'm a pro at fps'es, but I consider myself slightly above average, I mean, I did complete all Halos on the hardest difficulty alone, this can't be harder, can it ?
Anyway, thanks fellas.

btw: the guy who talked about restarting the checkpoint before the kitchen and still do the Achievement must be mistaken, right ?
miiiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by miiiguel View Post
Sounds like a very good idea, going to give it a try, now that I'm less pissed, ahah.
I mean, it's not like I'm a pro at fps'es, but I consider myself slightly above average, I mean, I did complete all Halos on the hardest difficulty alone, this can't be harder, can it ?
Anyway, thanks fellas.

btw: the guy who talked about restarting the checkpoint before the kitchen and still do the Achievement must be mistaken, right ?
Yeah, I am sure you can't restart the checkpoint. Just use the pause method I describe above. I did it that way first try.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
Onelastbreath

Onelastbreath09's Gamercard
I've jst done this today. I missed it on my 1st playthrough but unlocked it first time when I went back using chapter select. Defo do this on thug difficulty. It seems to be reloading that kills it for people, if you mistime your reload you can quite easily miss 2 guys a time. Jst make sure u reload when u think uv cleared an area and always hard aim.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #7
Quasi m0j0

Quasi m0j0's Gamercard
I thought this achievement was probably one of the easier ones in the game. (Much easier that the driving one in the first game) I got it on my first or 2nd try. Just need to know where the guys are and where they come from. This is my video....

Quasi m0j0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:17 AM   #8
Apheros

Apheros's Gamercard
Ha, that video really helps! Good job.
Apheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #9
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Ok, for those that may still be having trouble with this, as I have, at least on Thug difficulty, the game has "snap in" targeting, like CoD and others, I can't believe I didn't notice it before, probably because 95% of my kills when I ran through the 1st time were Demon Arm kills and not weapon kills, just pull the LT when the target is close to your reticle and fire, you can clear rooms easy with 1 clip.... made this much much easier.

Tried it 6-7 times without using snap in, then magically noticed it... and popped it the try right after.

Although, obviously would only work when not dual wielding.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)

Last edited by Midnight Malice; 09-27-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote