PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
neosman8

Liam Rising's Gamercard
virtually impossible help

im stuck on mgs1 snake i cannot do any of the missions its like they just turned the difficulty from east to extreme.

anyone got any advice for sneaking 7 and the eliminate all for the mgs1 snake?

sonic adventure 2: battle HD
neosman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:55 AM   #2
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I know the feeling, it's pretty painful. My focus when I got to this part is to take my time and master what I could with him. I didn't give two craps about rank, so if I killed someone I did...but here's how I tackled the Sneaking and Eliminate All.

Since you barely ever get a weapon and if you do, there's hardly enough ammo...learn how to run behind someone and break their necks. Very important skill to learn. Tossing them and then breaking their necks is also useful, but can be tricky to learn. As far as direct methods to help you out, I'm not entirely certain.

Sneak around as much as possible, try not to focus on time. Kill one person at a time (on both Sneaking and Eliminate) as you work towards getting to the goal. There's one level where everyone's knocked out, I had to find a video of a direct run to the goal in order to make it...so try and search those videos. There's this japanese player who is an absolute pro at this game and while some of the things he does are unreal (Sneaking Mission 10 he throws 3-4 Magazine rounds in the exact right locations in the air and runs to the goal...not humanly possible for most people) but the DOABLE actions are something you should try. If anything, try and make a more human attempt out of the things he has...improvise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
I'll support any post of CrazyMv94's that isn't whining from lack of social connection.
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
HeadStrong

SkyFighta65's Gamercard
Those missions are sooo annoying..
HeadStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:48 AM   #4
FiReStOrM^

xFiRe5tOrMx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
MGS1 Snake Elimination

These guys are totally awesome, so I think copying them exactly will be extremely hard. Regardless, this video might provide some help.

There is also the 100% video i posted. MGS1 Snake appears (i haven't checked fully) to start at 6:46:50

Clickable link to MGS1 Snake start

Last edited by FiReStOrM^; 02-26-2012 at 04:02 AM.
FiReStOrM^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:07 AM   #5
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiReStOrM^ View Post
MGS1 Snake Elimination

These guys are totally awesome, so I think copying them exactly will be extremely hard. Regardless, this video might provide some help.

MGS1 Snake Elimination - YouTube

There is also the 100% video i posted. MGS1 Snake appears (i haven't checked fully) to start at 6:46:50

Metal Gear Solid 2 HD All VR Missions 100% Full Video Guide - YouTube

Clickable link to MGS1 Snake start
I tried that lengthy video back when I was still working on this, it's really a bitch to navigate. Because the players are so good in some parts, they finish missions in less than 20 seconds and if you're trying to copy their exact movements, trying to find that part in the video over and over is near impossible without having to sit through one or two previous missions.

Also for the individual who hosted it...I believe they should have put proper credit to the players who actually did those runthroughs, I don't see it listed anywhere other than a small subtitle to the right saying "bigbossking" and so forth.

The Japanese player, whoever it is, is very difficult to emulate. His skills are beyond godly, especially on some of the sneaking missions where all he does is throw a few magazines in the air and trots to the finish line.

I'm not criticizing you by the way, I just think that whoever compiled those videos should have properly credited all the players involved. It's definitely more than one person, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
I'll support any post of CrazyMv94's that isn't whining from lack of social connection.
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #6
FiReStOrM^

xFiRe5tOrMx's Gamercard

Your right it's really annoying trying to navigate it. I may go through it and list the times each different character start.

In all honisty it's not THAT hard to find what you want.. Click in random places until you see the character you want, then just go from there. It's all in order to the game.

I also agree that proper credit should be given where due. It does indeed seem like the poster of the video just strung together other videos, but since I have no idea who created it, I can't list a name to credit. Who this "BigBossKingOO" character is I have no idea. Maybe another name for the poster, but then that would be a lame case of credit stealing (doubt it tho).

I posted a thread about this video too, and I hope to have time links to key parts of the video.

The 2 guys who did the MGS1 Snake Elimination video are GODS lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVthePunisher View Post
The Japanese player, whoever it is, is very difficult to emulate. His skills are beyond godly, especially on some of the sneaking missions where all he does is throw a few magazines in the air and trots to the finish line.
I don't recall this. Is that in the massive 100% video? If so what position ? I'd like to see it.

Last edited by FiReStOrM^; 02-26-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
neosman8

Liam Rising's Gamercard
i finally did the snake mgs1 sneaking and eliminate all. anyone got anytips for the grenade vr training it seems really random and more like luck.

sonic adventure 2: battle HD
neosman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #8
FiReStOrM^

xFiRe5tOrMx's Gamercard

WoOoOO HooOOOO! Virtually Impossible baby!!! YEAH!

Damn seriously hard chevo, so glad to get it done. Most of it was just boring IMO not hard, MGS1 was tricky to say the least. YaY!
Old 02-28-2012, 11:50 PM   #9
KILLBOT

Quote:
WoOoOO HooOOOO! Virtually Impossible baby!!! YEAH!

Damn seriously hard chevo, so glad to get it done. Most of it was just boring IMO not hard, MGS1 was tricky to say the least. YaY!
Well done, mate.

I've hardly sctratched the surface of the VR missions, been getting all my dog tags. The slog towards Virtually Impossible starts tomorrow. =(
KILLBOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:03 AM   #10
FiReStOrM^

xFiRe5tOrMx's Gamercard

Thanks mate. Look forward to MGS1 Snake lol :S
Old 03-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #11
singlservinjack

singlservinjack's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by neosman8 View Post
i finally did the snake mgs1 sneaking and eliminate all. anyone got anytips for the grenade vr training it seems really random and more like luck.
For mgs1 snake grenade 01-03 I found looking up a high as possible then holding down X for a few seconds the easiest way. This way the grenade will always take the same trajectory and it becomes just a matter of trial and error of placing snake close enough or far away from the target, unfortunately this method doesn't really work on 04 or 05 though. 04 isn't too bad but 05 is causing me a bit of trouble!

Has anyone got any tips for mgs1 snake variety 01? I think this is going to be the toughest one of all of them for me!
singlservinjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:19 AM   #12
FiReStOrM^

xFiRe5tOrMx's Gamercard

for variety 01 i think i just kept sniping them until i got about 20 or so then i kept my eye on the box and took them out one by one as they came to it.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #13
singlservinjack

Quote:
for variety 01 i think i just kept sniping them until i got about 20 or so then i kept my eye on the box and took them out one by one as they came to it.

Which platform did you use though? also did you use the PGS-1 or PGS1-T?

thanks
Old 03-10-2012, 01:41 PM   #14
FiReStOrM^

xFiRe5tOrMx's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlservinjack View Post
Which platform did you use though? also did you use the PGS-1 or PGS1-T?

thanks
I believe I used the top platform for the fist load of kills (as I mentioned it was about 20 or so) and then I used the bottom platform for the rest. Bottom platform is a much better location to be if keeping your eye on the box and taking them out as they come to it.

And I used the PSG1. I tried using the PSG1-T but the delay it takes to make them drop for non vital-area shots makes it confusing. I think it's just better to blast away with the PSG1. Use that puppy like a machine gun if you have to lol. Also remember, Tactical Reload is your friend. Of course be careful when to use it tho as of course you have to re aim afterwords, but it's perfect when guarding the box.

If you haven't got it already, i hope this (late reply) helps even a little.

Last edited by FiReStOrM^; 03-10-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #15
singlservinjack

Quote:
I believe I used the top platform for the fist load of kills (as I mentioned it was about 20 or so) and then I used the bottom platform for the rest. Bottom platform is a much better location to be if keeping your eye on the box and taking them out as they come to it.

And I used the PSG1. I tried using the PSG1-T but the delay it takes to make them drop for non vital-area shots makes it confusing. I think it's just better to blast away with the PSG1. Use that puppy like a machine gun if you have to lol. Also remember, Tactical Reload is your friend. Of course be careful when to use it tho as of course you have to re aim afterwords, but it's perfect when guarding the box.

If you haven't got it already, i hope this (late reply) helps even a little.
Did manage to do it in the end and finish of the rest of the vr missions but thanks anyway for the help! Was the most satisfying 1000g I have got in a while!