PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Japanese Games (NTSC-J) > Action > Catherine
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-11-2012, 03:01 AM   #1
Haruya

Yuril Haruya's Gamercard
Arrow To everyone who bought the Catherine (EU) Edition.

Greetings, my fellow European "Catherine" players. It's been long since the last time I posted something on this forum.

...Not like you know who I am or anything, haha.

The reason I made this post was to ask a few questions to all of you who bought the European version of the game, mainly to check if it's any different from the US version that came out last year. So, the first question I'd like to ask you (and the most important one too) is:

Is Axis Mundi (Solo) still bugged in your version of the game?

It is widely known (or, at least it should be) that, for all of us who got the US version of the game, the Babel stage Axis Mundi in Solo Mode is currently bugged, and thus impossible to beat. This is easily confirmed by checking the Leaderboards and selecting Axis Mundi (Solo) and you will see that no one has made it as far as 100 steps or so. Anyone who has beaten the stage managed to do it in Pairs, which you can also see there on the Leaderboards.

Now, speaking of Leaderboards...

Do you share the same Leaderboard as the one we have on the US version of the game?

I should've probably asked this question first... eh, anyway. I'm just curious to know whether you have the same Leaderboard as us or not. Just check it: if there's a whole bunch of people that have already beaten the Babel stages, then yes, we do share the same Leaderboard (lol). Incidentally, you'll see my GT at the Top 5 of every Solo stage.

Now, for the last question...

For those of you who bought the Special "Stray Sheep" Edition, it should've come with a Soundtrack CD or something. Would you be so kind as to post the names of the tracks?

The Deluxe "Love is Over" Edition came along with a Soundtrack CD, which is... not really a "Soundtrack CD" as it isn't the soundtrack of the game, but rather a collection of a few remixed classical songs. I just wanted to know if this was the same for you guys.

By the way... I'm totally jealous about the reversible cover and the pink RAVE shirt that came with your Special Edition, haha.

Well... that's all I have to say, really. For those of you that don't own the game yet: Don't be impatient! Believe me, you'll need every inch of patience in your brain to get 1000G on this game. For those of you who already got the game: Have fun! This is a game like no other, and although it can be frustrating at times (and it will be), you will not regret buying it. Cheers.

Last edited by Haruya; 02-11-2012 at 03:06 AM.
Haruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #2
Nuke2099

Nuke2099's Gamercard
I dunno about Babel since I haven't tried but my stray sheep edition didn't come with a soundtrack CD or reversible covers (these weren't advertised with it anyway). It came with the rave shirt, two coasters and a poster with Catherine on it.
Nuke2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
Klister NL

Klister NL's Gamercard
Don't know about Babel, haven't done that yet.
I did get the CD with tracks with my stray sheep edition. It wasn't IN the box, but was added seperately in a ziplock bag. The CD contains just what you said; collection of remixed classical themes

I'll look into the leaderboards thing somewhere today too
Old 02-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
lucaspl

LuCashino's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klister NL View Post
Don't know about Babel, haven't done that yet.
I did get the CD with tracks with my stray sheep edition. It wasn't IN the box, but was added seperately in a ziplock bag. The CD contains just what you said; collection of remixed classical themes

I'll look into the leaderboards thing somewhere today too
Where did you pre order from?
lucaspl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #5
Lunarcry

Desu Or Gtfo's Gamercard
Leaderbords are seperate
Lunarcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #6
Tyrantus

GeeksDontLie's Gamercard
I only bought the standard edition and yes the reversible cover is quite nice. Although the collectors edition was cheap as fas as collectors go, it just didn't seem worth the extra money. The CD it came with was a pre-order bonus, it's inside an art book which has some info about the characters and dev team info etc. The CD is just a remix of classical music tracks.

For those that want to know, this pre-order bonus came from Gamestation, so I would assume Game did the same offer also.

Tyrantus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #7
Hayden

Send a message via MSN to Hayden

Hayden x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Hayden   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   Donator - Level 2   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   Member of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrantus View Post
For those that want to know, this pre-order bonus came from Gamestation, so I would assume Game did the same offer also.
It was a Game/Gamestation exclusive
Old 02-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #8
Tyrantus

GeeksDontLie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
It was a Game/Gamestation exclusive
Yeah I figured as much, not that they gave our store much heads up about it seeing as we only found out last Thursday so it wasn't much of a preorder incentive lol.

Tyrantus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #9
grimfaerie

Send a message via AIM to grimfaerie

grimfaerie's Gamercard
;-; i would have loved to preorder but i couldn't see any sizes for the shirt on the preorder page and i have a feeling it'd swamp me and i could only wear it round the house rofl v.v; i am also reluctant to preorder anything seeing as game didn't send me ff till like the following tuesday. this looks like its going to be a tough 1000. i can't count the amount of times ive died already and i barely booted it up yet haha.
grimfaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #10
Klister NL

Klister NL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucaspl View Post
Where did you pre order from?
Gamemania, they had the stray sheep edition for the price of the normal game
Old 02-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #11
HolyMoses81

HolyMoses81's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarcry View Post
Leaderbords are seperate
Confirmed!
I've conquered Menhir solo yesterday and placed 1st in 14:...something and only #2 also made it to the goal in 17:00 - the rest fell at some point of the stage.
Retail 100% (Highlights): Alice: Madness Returns, Bayonetta, Bioshock, Bulletstorm, Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow, Dark Souls, Darksiders, Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero III, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Guitar Hero: Metallica, Catherine, Rock Band 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10, Williams Pinball Collection

XBLA 100% (Highlights): Spelunky Bejeweled Blitz Live, Beyond Good And Evil HD, Castlevania SOTN, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolvedē, Limbo, N+, Trials HD, Wik: Fable Of Souls
HolyMoses81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:49 AM   #12
Haruya

Yuril Haruya's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMoses81 View Post
Confirmed!
I've conquered Menhir solo yesterday and placed 1st in 14:...something and only #2 also made it to the goal in 17:00 - the rest fell at some point of the stage.
Many thanks. I had a feeling that would be the case.

Now, all I need to know is the Axis Mundi thing. Thanks for everyone else commenting too.

PS: Congrats on beating Menhir, by the way!

Last edited by Haruya; 02-17-2012 at 04:24 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:05 AM   #13
Lunarcry

Desu Or Gtfo's Gamercard
Quote:
Confirmed!
Nice
Was able to conquer Altar; 5th person to reach goal.
Only tried Menhir like 3 times.. Wanted to get Altar done first.
Took me 10 mins though..
Old 02-17-2012, 08:44 AM   #14
HolyMoses81

HolyMoses81's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruya View Post
Many thanks. I had a feeling that would be the case.

Now, all I need to know is the Axis Mundi thing. Thanks for everyone else commenting too.
I didn't have much spare time yesterday, so I only was able to try Obelisk for about an hour or so. Did it in Pairs and had the music stop two times already but messed it up in the finish (even saw those Babel-blocks ).
I want to keep the stages in order, so I'll try Obelisk today again, but as it's weekend I'm looking forward to beat Obelisk and then switch to Axis Mundi.
So I'll keep you informed as soon as I get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruya View Post
PS: Congrats on beating Menhir, by the way!
Thanks. Considering I got to the last few steps on Obelisk twice within an hour I'm optimistic for that stage too.
But Axis Mundi makes me worry a bit. Didn't try it yet, but what I saw on that youtube-vid didn't look like it'd be my kind of level.
Retail 100% (Highlights): Alice: Madness Returns, Bayonetta, Bioshock, Bulletstorm, Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow, Dark Souls, Darksiders, Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero III, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Guitar Hero: Metallica, Catherine, Rock Band 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10, Williams Pinball Collection

XBLA 100% (Highlights): Spelunky Bejeweled Blitz Live, Beyond Good And Evil HD, Castlevania SOTN, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolvedē, Limbo, N+, Trials HD, Wik: Fable Of Souls
HolyMoses81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #15
Haruya

Yuril Haruya's Gamercard
Quote:
Considering I got to the last few steps on Obelisk twice within an hour I'm optimistic for that stage too.
But Axis Mundi makes me worry a bit. Didn't try it yet, but what I saw on that youtube-vid didn't look like it'd be my kind of level.
Worry not. Practice makes perfect.

I remember it used to be really hard for me to even beat Menhir back when I first got the game, and I don't have a 2nd controller so I can only do it in Solo mode. And I don't even need to start with Obelisk... blood and tears were spilt all over my living room that day when I finally finished it for the first time. lol

But, with time, you get used to the way the levels work, the certain patterns on the blocks and the specific ways on which each pattern might be solved. For example, Altar is all about being quick and finding the quickest solution, often without regards on how it might affect the next landing. Menhir, on the other hand, is all about exact moves and precision since there's so little to work with, and it also applies a make-it-or-break-it rule so you can easily recognize when you've messed up a solution and you should start over. Obelisk... is all about fun. No matter how good I have become over the many months I've spent playing this game, I still get that 50% chance of failing it, haha. The only advice I can give for Obelisk is to take it easy and amuse yourself every time a Monster Block moves and ends up messing up your solution, or you step on several Mystery Blocks only to find that all of them are Bombs... believe me, it is the most entertaining stage by far. Plus, the background music is freaking epic.

Anyway, keep having fun and if you need any other tips, I'll be around.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #16
Lunarcry

Desu Or Gtfo's Gamercard
I was finally able to finish Obelisk
Third person to reach goal and currently ranked 2 in 18:01
So glad I got it; took me easily 10 hours of trying..
And the times I failed in the last 10 steps
Now going for all gold on hard!
Old 03-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #17
PalZer0

Send a message via Yahoo to PalZer0

PalZer0's Gamercard
My question is rather different.

Are there any differences in game content between the US and EU versions?
PalZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #18
amacteur
Graphics Team

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalZer0 View Post
My question is rather different.

Are there any differences in game content between the US and EU versions?
No sir.

/10 char
Old 03-10-2012, 01:58 AM   #19
PalZer0

Send a message via Yahoo to PalZer0

PalZer0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by amacteur View Post
No sir.

/10 char
Thanks. The reason I asked is because there's a US and EU listing for this game on X360A where the achievements were exactly the same.
PalZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #20
Sprites7

Sprites7's Gamercard
I have yet to do this , I tried Altar but failed.
How high are those buildings anyway? i was at 50-60 ish.
Sprites7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #21
Lunarcry

Desu Or Gtfo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprites7 View Post
I have yet to do this , I tried Altar but failed.
How high are those buildings anyway? i was at 50-60 ish.
Altar = 150
Menhir = 190
Obelisk = 215~
Axis Mundi 300

Anyways I maxed out the game
Still doing Babel runs.. so addicted
Old 04-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #22
Sprites7

Sprites7's Gamercard
I have finished altar now (single and pair)
and menhir (single)
Obelisk is very unfair , I lost at least four times dur to monster block moving
best 189 single , about 80 multi
Axis mundi , seems bugged too , i've 34 single and 63 multi

edit : my menhir war 175 high .. maybe I crumbled it a lot?
Sprites7 is offline   Reply With Quote