PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-16-2007, 02:36 PM   #1
Rocket

x2x rocket x2x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Member of the Month   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

This guide is a combination of my work and Perpetual Heaven's. His was un-updated, and there were holes that needed to be filled. Also a lot of "you will get this with discovery" and no other info. Some of the info was also taken from posts throughout the forums, and I will be giving credit where credit is due. We just needed a centralized area of information.

Go to Hogwarts. 20gs
Complete the Grimmauld Place tutorials.

This achievement you will get just playing the game. You will have to learn the basic spells at Grimmauld Place, then the story will take you to Hogwarts and voila, achievement unlocked.

Get to the Room of Requirement. 30gs
Discover the Room of Requirement.

This also comes with story progression. It is located on the 7th floor. You will have to do some discovering first, and then talk to Neville, and bam, achievement unlocked.

Recruit Dumbledore's Army. 100gs
Recruit Dumbledore's Army.

There are 28 members of the DA. They are located at various spots around Hogwarts. Some of them will just go up there after you talk to them and some will have you do something for them. Most of the “mini quests” are simple, but a little time consuming. Note: You have to complete the tasks given to you by the members in order for them to be counted. IF their name is red, then they have not been recruited yet.

* One of your missions is to find 5 Talking Gargoyle Statues, which can be kind of difficult, so I will list those here. Note that when you find them, make sure that you cast Incedio on them as well as that is worth Discovery Points.

1. In the Transfiguration Courtyard, right across from where you meet the person who asks you to find them.
2. On the staircase that leads up to Defense Against the Dark Arts
3. On the second level of the Paved Courtyard at the very end
4. At the end of the Viaduct walkway just before you turn right to go to the Paved Courtyard
5. On the 4th floor, go to the balcony and turn turn right and you will see the last Gargoyle

Unhinge Umbridge. 100gs
Cause chaos in Umbridge's Hogwarts.

After you have found all the DA members, you will find on your map that 4 of the Members have new quests for you to complete. Which include setting of Swamp bombs, messing up the clock and messing with the PA system. There is a Swamp Bomb in each of the courtyards, so make sure you visit each one to do them. And you must continue to do the PA System. There are 6 in total that you must do. So each time you complete one, go back to your map and find the next area that the Pavarti sisters are located. Once you complete those, you will take control of Fred and George on brooms, and have to light off a group of fireworks in the Grand Staircase. Finish that, and achievement unlocked.

Finish the story. 100gs
Finish the story.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Win the Characters Cup. 10gs
Meet all characters in the game.

There are a total of 58 players . The DA members are 28, so if you meet all them you are almost halfway finished with this. The teachers count, as do the Gobstone champions, the Snap champions and the Chess champions. I am pretty sure that the two girls from the Slytherin Portrait count as well, but I am not sure. I am also unsure if Remus and Tonks count. Just to be safe, make sure you talk to them. When I played through a second time I didn't talk to them at Grimmauld Place, but when I beat Voldemort it unlocked. Which may have been caused from the first time I played I wasn't able to do McGonagal's mission until after I beat the game, then it unlocked. Food for thought. You don’t have to talk to everyone in the game so don’t bother, as you will usually just get smart alike remarks or hello’s.

Win the Explorer Cup. 10gs
Discover all known areas of Hogwarts.

Simply travel to every area on the Marauders Map. There are areas you can’t access until you do the Teacher Mini Quests however, so if you are coming up short, make sure that you go back and check those areas. Note: Doing Occlumency in the Potions Room does NOT count. You have to pass Snape’s mini quest before it counts as being discovered.

Win the Defence Cup. 20gs
Cast all defensive spells in a single encounter.

You will have to duel to get this. There are 6 total spells to cast and you cannot get this right off in your first duel. You will have to have discovered all 28 DA members first. The best place to duel is in the Transfiguration courtyard. There are a lot of Slytherin’s there, and they love to duel. You do not have to complete 6 duels to achieve this. I had only dueled in 4 when mine unlocked, which includes the ones that are a part of the story, but you have to cast all spells in one duel.

Complete discovery level 1. 10gs
Discover enough to complete discovery level 1.

Refer to Complete discovery level 13

Complete discovery level 2. 10gs
Discover enough to complete discovery level 2.

Complete discovery level 3. 10gs
Discover enough to complete discovery level 3.

Complete discovery level 4. 10gs
Discover enough to complete discovery level 4.

Complete discovery level 5. 20gs
Discover enough to complete discovery level 5.

Complete discovery level 6. 20gs
Discover enough to complete discovery level 6.

Complete discovery level 7. 20gs
Discover enough to complete discovery level 7.

Complete discovery level 8. 20gs
Discover enough to complete discovery level 8.

Complete discovery level 9. 20gs
Discover enough to complete discovery level 9.

Complete discovery level 10. 20gs
Discover enough to complete discovery level 1.

Complete discovery level 11. 30gs
Discover enough to complete discovery level 11.

Complete discovery level 12. 30gs
Discover enough to complete discovery level 12.

Complete discovery level 13. 50gs
Discover enough to complete discovery level 13.

To gain discovery points, you will have to use your spells to find “hidden” items, or fix things, or do certain things. Most rooms or areas you enter will have something to discover. Use this Guide to find anything that you may be missing. Note that in the courtyards you will have to beat the Gobstone champions for discovery points as well.

Last edited by Rocket; 09-04-2007 at 02:50 AM.
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
Rocket

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Member of the Month   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea
Win the Portrait Password Cup. 10gs
Discover the password for every shortcut portrait in Hogwarts.

1) The first is on Floor 2 of the Grand Staircase. He is the bald guy. To gain access you must find out where Rowena Ravenclaw is from. Just find someone from Ravenclaw house and they will tell you. Return to the portrait, and ur done.
2) The second is in the third floor hallway. When you talk to him, he will tell you he hasn’t heard his password in 50 years, so you must find someone who has been there for 50 years. Go see Moaning Myrtle in her bathroom, and she will give you the answer. Return to the portrait and you’re done.
3) The third is on the seventh floor. Go to him, and he will tell you to find his other face. Go to the Hospital wing, and then down the spiral staircase. Cast Incendio on the cobwebs and talk to him. He should then tell you the password, but he may tell you to go back to find his other face again. If so, Return to the portrait and you’re done.
4) In the Viaduct Entry, he is next to the bookshelf on the right side. He doesn’t want people to overhear the password, so point your want at people and if necessary hit them with a spell. Once you are done, return to the portrait and you’re done.
5) In the Library on the right hand side as you walk in. Walk in and turn around to see the portrait. He wants to know the headline from the Daily Prophet. Head to the Great Hall, and once there you will have to cast Wingardium Leviosa on the podium, an owl will come down and you will see the paper sitting on one of the tables on your right hand side. Return to the portrait once you found and read the paper, and you’re done.
6) On the third floor of the Grand Staircase. The lady will tell you that she is starving and that if you can get her some food she will tell you the password. Go to the man with the dog portrait and tell him. Return to the portrait and you’re done.
7) Return to the man with the dog. He will tell you that you must get the password from someone in Hufflepuff. Find someone from Hufflepuff and they will give you the password. Return to the portrait and you’re done.
8) In the Herbology hallway, there is a portrait. Talk to him and he will tell you that he is scared of the eye portrait. Cast Depolso on the Suits of Armor and a drape will cover the eye. Return to the portrait and you’re done.
9) In the Dungeon Corridor at the very end. She will tell you that you must speak with someone in Slytherin to get the password. Go back to the Boys Dormitory and put on your cloak. Return to the passage and a cutscene will follow. Follow the girls in the corridor to the painting and you will overhear the password. Return to the dormitory and remove the cloak. Return to the portrait and you’re done.
10) At the bottom of the Grand Staircase you will see a portrait. One of the DA members wants a safe passageway to the seventh floor. Go to the portrait and he will (need to play through again as I can’t remember what he wanted)
11) On the fourth floor of the grand staircase. He will give you a riddle and have you find three faces. The first is on the 7th floor (#3) and he will tell you to go see #1. Now, here is the hardish part, don’t go to him on the staircase, go to him near the Library area, it’s easier that way. He will tell you to see the shepherdess on the second floor landing. Go down the stairway near the library and you will see her. She will tell you to go see #4. Now, he may tell you the answer and he may not. If he does your good, just go back to the portrait. I had to go see #7 to get the password. It differs I think on how far you have progressed in the game.
12) This one is either the Room of Rewards or the Fat Lady for the Griffindor common room. For Griffindor, you just have to catch someone on the stairs, and they will tell you the password. Both times I played there was someone right there like they were waiting for you to ask. Room of Rewards you will get once you reach Discovery Level 1. After you leave the common room to go downstairs Myrtle will stop you and you will go through a scene with Hermoine giving the portrait a "or else" lecture...

Win the House Ghost Cup. 10gs
Find all the house ghosts of Hogwarts.

To find all the house ghosts, you have to put their portraits back together on the wall. There are 4 total.
1) Dungeon
2) Near Library
3)3rd Floor near Suspension bridge
4)1st floor near Stone Bridge

Win the Ornithology Cup. 10gs
Find all the flying creatures of Hogwarts.

1) Owlery
2) Snitch in Griffindor Common Room
3) In desk, in Defense Against Dark Arts classroom
4) Near Hagrid’s Hut
5) Under supspended Stone Bridge, find the area to climb and go down the pipe.

Win the Homework Cup. 10gs
Complete all the teacher mini-quests.

There are 4 teacher quests that you must do. You will have to progress somewhat to do each, but try and do McGonagall’s first before she goes to the hospital, or you will have to wait until the end of the game to do it. For the others, you will have to find books to write papers.
1) McGonagall: Go to Divination to get detention students and then go back.
2) Flitwick: Go to Great Hall and on the right side near the fireplace you will see a girl reading a book. Interact with her and then return to the Charms room.
3) Snape: Book in restricted section of Library 2nd to last row on left, then go back
4) Herbalogy: First find Neville, then go to his bunk and hit X until you find the book. May take some time to find.

Win the Grand Master Cup. 20gs
Beat all wizard chess champions.

1) Griffindor Common Room: Very easy to beat, not a bright player if you are having problems see below.
2) Great Hall: Somewhat easy, but a challenge. See below if you are having problems.
3) Library: Good player, hardest to beat. See below if you are having problems.

I suck at chess, so what I did was go to chess.com, put it on hard, played as black and did exactly what the computer did as white. Make sure that your moves on the computer match what Black does in the game, this will help you win a lot faster.

Win the Exploding Snap Cup. 20gs
Beat all Exploding Snap champions.

There are two to beat, one on the 5th floor and the other on the 3rd floor near the end of the suspension bridge. The object is to get pairs and is easy, you just have to be patient. The second game is like memory, but you will have to be quick because the cards explode after a few seconds. The more pairs you get the faster they explode.

Win the Golden Gobstone Cup. 20gs
Beat all Gobstones champions.

1)Entrance Courtyard
2) Clocktower Courtyard
3) Paved Courtyard
4) Paved Courtyard (Hogwarts Champion to the right of the game)

There are 4 to beat. Traditional, Jack, and Snakepit. Then you will have to beat the the champion at each game. The biggest pain is you have to win the first 3 gametypes 3 times.
Tip 1: Snake Pit: Knock in her gobstones each time, trying to keep one of yours from going in. This is the easiest to win.
Tip 2: Jack: What I did was since you go second, just hit the other players gobstone away. This should put yours the closest, and on the last one, hit the jack closer to one of your gobstones.
Tip 3: Traditional: Since you go first, don’t break the circle, push your gobstone out of the playing area and make the other player break the circle. From there, just go one for one. Always make sure you hit one out without going out yourself.

Last edited by Rocket; 08-21-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:38 PM   #3
Rocket

Win the Friend of the Year Cup. 20gs
Find Luna's lost belongings.

1) Library on the table
2) Clocktower courtyard and it should be in front of the fountain
3) Entrance Courtyard under a pile of leaves. Use the broom to brush them away. It will be under one of the piles.
4) By the portrait in the Viaduct Entrance way
5) In the Great Hall on one of the tables. As soon as you enter go straight down the middle. It should be on a table to your left.

Win the Architecture Cup. 10gs
Uncover all the hidden Hogwarts symbols.

I can’t remember exactly how many there are, but you find these by sweeping away leaves and other means. Sweep away the leaves and stack the benches where the glowing colors match.
1) Entrance Courtyard
2) Clocktower
3) Transfiguration Courtyard
4) Paved Courtyard.

If I am missing any please let me know.

Win the Smuggler Cup. 10gs
Find Fred and George's hidden parcels.

There are 12 parcels that you will have to find.
1) In stone Circle in bush
2) Heading towards Owlery in bush
3) Owlery Roof area
4) Heading from Paved Courtyard to Boathouse in middle of walkway.
5) In bush behind Hagrid's Hut
6) In bush behind Hagrid's Hut, right next to #5
7) Take a pumpkin and levitate it to the Chimney on Hagrid's Hut, one will fall down.
8) On Pathway heading from Hagrid's Hut to Luna's location in a bush.
9) Next to first stone barrier near Luna's Location.
10) In Paved Courtyard on first landing when climbing up to get Camera
11)Outside Boathouse on landing near water out in the open
12) In Library behind the bookshelf you can move with Depolso

Win the Secret Statue Cup. 10gs
Find the secret chess statues of Hogwarts.

They are located in various locations, and most are hidden by drapes. Use this Guide to find all the statues.

Win the Witches and Wizards Cup. 10gs
Find the hidden wizard plaques around Hogwarts.

This are the weird mask looking plaques on the walls. You will find some behind “whitish” bricks on the walls using Accio, the others you will have to wait until you learn Incendio to light the torches in front of them. Use this Guide to find all the plaques. .

Win the Nature Trail Cup. 10gs
Find all the rare creature tracks hidden in Hogwarts.

There are 3 sets of tracks that you will find. You will see the X button appear on your screen, press it and you’re done.
1) Near the pumpkin patch to the right of the fence
2) In the path going towards Luna
3) Just past the second one on the same path

Win the School Pride Cup. 10gs
Tidy up Hogwarts.

This will come with discoveries. There are 66 things that you will have to tidy up. These are the statues that are broken, the suits of armor, and the frogs in the statues. Use this Guide to find all the statues.

Finish on hardest difficulty. 100gs
Finish the story on the hardest difficulty.

The game is not much harder on this difficulty. However, I suggest that you complete every other achievement before you do this especially the OWLS and the Gobstones and Chess. They are much more difficult on the Hard difficulty.

Ok, there are problems with this achievement and so I will list some of the solutions that have been brought forward to unlock this.

*If you have not begun to play this game yet, and are simply looking through to see how difficult the achievements are, before you begin the game turn auto save OFF!

1. If, on your first play through you played on Hard, but the achievement did not unlock, it is suggested that you complete everything now. Once you have every other achievement other than completion on Hard, go into your options and turn auto-save off. Your achievement MIGHT unlock. If it does not, quit out of the game, go to your dashboard, memory, then delete the HP save file. Start up a new game on HARD, but before you start turn the autosave off.

2. If, on your first play through you played on Easy, and then played through on Hard but no achievement. Go into the options menu and turn auto save off. This is how I gained my achievement.

*If there are any more ways that people have found, please post below or PM me so that I can update the guide!*

Win the Studious Success Cup. 20gs
Got an 'O' in all lessons.

There are 3 lessons to complete, one with Snape, One with Sprout, and one with Flitwick. These are easiest on Easy obviously. They require you to use your normal spells to move objects into position or simply just from one spot to another. Very simple and very easy.

Magic 500. 10gs
Cast 500 successful spells.

This will come with progression of the game and making discoveries and getting into duels. The spells you cast that give off the purple looking smoke do not count as they are not successful. Continue to make discoveries and you will get this eventually.

Walk the Platform. 10gs
Covered 9 3/4 miles.

This too will come with progression of the story. Make sure you visit every place in Hogwarts. Go from farthest point to farthest point. You will get this before you even find all 28 DA members.

DA Ten. 10gs
Recruited 10 members of the DA.

Simply find 10 of the members. Note: You have to complete the tasks given to you by the members in order for them to be counted. IF their name is red, then they have not been recruited yet.

DA Twenty. 10gs
Recruited 20 members of the DA.

Simply find 20 of the members. Note: You have to complete the tasks given to you by the members in order for them to be counted. IF their name is red, then they have not been recruited yet.

Last edited by Rocket; 08-22-2007 at 02:28 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:50 PM   #4
AOS Puck

AOS Puck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   2,500 Posts   Staff/Subscriber Last Man Standing - Third Place   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
I think for Flitwick's quest, you have to go look at a book in the Great Hall. A girl is reading it at the far right table down by the fireplace.

There are a couple Weasly Parcels by Hagrid's Hut. One is in a bush behind the hut and another is in a bush on the path down to where you find Luna the first time.

Read them.... apply them.
AOS Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:06 PM   #5
Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOS Puck View Post
I think for Flitwick's quest, you have to go look at a book in the Great Hall. A girl is reading it at the far right table down by the fireplace.

There are a couple Weasly Parcels by Hagrid's Hut. One is in a bush behind the hut and another is in a bush on the path down to where you find Luna the first time.
Thanks Puck. I totally forgot what his quest was. And I only played last night on HP for about 10 minutes. Appreciate it man!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 04:12 PM   #6
AOS Puck

AOS Puck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   2,500 Posts   Staff/Subscriber Last Man Standing - Third Place   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
One other note you might want to make for Unhinge Umbridge is that you must find the swamp bombs in more than just the first courtyard. Most people overlook the fact that there are swamp bombs in all (I think all) of the courtyards that you need to set off.

Old 08-16-2007, 04:14 PM   #7
Rocket

Quote:
One other note you might want to make for Unhinge Umbridge is that you must find the swamp bombs in more than just the first courtyard. Most people overlook the fact that there are swamp bombs in all (I think all) of the courtyards that you need to set off.
Very true...will do that right now...Also added in that there are 5 PA systems to disable...have to keep finding the Pavarti's.

Last edited by Rocket; 08-16-2007 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:36 PM   #8
AOS Puck

AOS Puck's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket x360a View Post
Very true...will do that right now...Also added in that there are 5 PA systems to disable...have to keep finding the Pavarti's.
Yeah, atleast the Parvatis show up on your map for each area, the swamps don't so you have to find them yourself.

Old 08-16-2007, 05:49 PM   #9
Conker Rules All

xKGx Exoticz's Gamercard
Quote:

The game is not much harder on this difficulty. However, I suggest that you complete every other achievement before you do this especially the OWLS and the Gobstones and Chess. They are much more difficult on the Hard difficulty.

this game is really messed up because i beat this game twice and didn't get my beat the game on hard achievement so it's really messed up and the OWLS Aren't that much harder
Conker Rules All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:42 AM   #10
TheLazyWolf

On hard it takes forever to beat the last guy when you are the white haired guy if you dont attack. Your attacks circle him and eventually he fires them all back at you. I let him beat on me for 30 minutes before i realized

I have done everything i can find to do and is on the discovery list for Gryffendor common room and im only at 45%.. In the guide the guy says 47% beat chess player 97%. I beat him pretty early on and it only gave me a couple % points.. Is my game glitched or what?

Also, i beat (i think? ) the game on hard and didnt get the achievement. Do you have to get 100% game completion to "beat" the game, or is it when you also get the Complete the Story achievement? If its the latter Rockets trick didnt work for me

Strategic Specialist
C&C3 - 1000/1000
Star Trek: Legacy - 1000/1000
Battlestations: Midway - 1000/1000
Over-G 1000/1000
LOTR:BFME 705/705

Last edited by TheLazyWolf; 08-19-2007 at 11:53 AM. Reason: why not
TheLazyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:27 PM   #11
Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLazyWolf View Post
On hard it takes forever to beat the last guy when you are the white haired guy if you dont attack. Your attacks circle him and eventually he fires them all back at you. I let him beat on me for 30 minutes before i realized

Will add that for the hard difficulty

I have done everything i can find to do and is on the discovery list for Gryffendor common room and im only at 45%.. In the guide the guy says 47% beat chess player 97%. I beat him pretty early on and it only gave me a couple % points.. Is my game glitched or what?

On Hard, I had to burn all the books...then make sure that you hit the chalkboard with each of your 3 basic spells and then hit X. THat should do it...

Also, i beat (i think? ) the game on hard and didnt get the achievement. Do you have to get 100% game completion to "beat" the game, or is it when you also get the Complete the Story achievement? If its the latter Rockets trick didnt work for me
I don't know whats going wrong with yours...maybe if you do some more discovery's, but I don't know...I was really close, all I had left was the Gobstone's when I did the turn auto save off...so I honestly dont' know whats up with yours...are you sure you had it on hard?
Old 08-19-2007, 03:28 PM   #12
Rocket

Quote:
Yeah, atleast the Parvatis show up on your map for each area, the swamps don't so you have to find them yourself.

Not True...at each swamp box, it says to find Ginny Weasley...
Old 08-19-2007, 05:24 PM   #13
AOS Puck

AOS Puck's Gamercard

Quote:
Not True...at each swamp box, it says to find Ginny Weasley...
Weird, on my game, she only showed up for the Transfiguration Courtyard. No one showed up in my list for the courtyard by the Slytherin Gobstone player.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:31 PM   #14
Conker Rules All

xKGx Exoticz's Gamercard
Quote:
Weird, on my game, she only showed up for the Transfiguration Courtyard. No one showed up in my list for the courtyard by the Slytherin Gobstone player.

same with me it's kind of weird and the beat the game on hard i beat it twice and no achievement
Conker Rules All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:22 PM   #15
Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conker Rules All View Post
same with me it's kind of weird and the beat the game on hard i beat it twice and no achievement

I dunno...each courtyard she was there...Paved, Transfiguration...the first one was Luna...I dunno weirdness..Conker did you try to go into the option and take autosave off after you beat it on hard?
Old 08-19-2007, 06:36 PM   #16
TheLazyWolf

Ughh this is frustrating man. three of the last 5 games ive played have been this one, Overlord, and Call of Juarez and all of them have terrible glitches that cause you to replay tons of stuff to get achievements you earned.. Go MS certification!! Really getting the job done.. Alright sorry end /rant

Yep im definitely playing through on hard.. Although i started on Easy, and did the first tutorial like part and then started over on hard, so maybe that is causing it.

Had another weird glitch where i couldnt pick up the bone fragment in Hagrids Hut, but it fixed itself when i reloaded the game.

Now im just stuck on the hard mode castrophe and this stupid glitch that i see several other people have had where everything is complete in the discovery but im still only showing 45% on the Gryphondorf common room.

Also may wish to add to the guide, the newspaper that you must find in the great hall to open the one portrait DOES NOT appear. When you cast the flying spell on the podium at the front of the hall, an owl comes and drops it for you.

Strategic Specialist
C&C3 - 1000/1000
Over-G 1000/1000
Old 08-19-2007, 09:12 PM   #17
jonnybob

jonnyb0b's Gamercard
Quote:

The game is not much harder on this difficulty. However, I suggest that you complete every other achievement before you do this especially the OWLS and the Gobstones and Chess. They are much more difficult on the Hard difficulty. Ok, so I beat HP on Hard, and no achievement. SO I was about to play through again, but before I did, I decided to check the threads and see if I can find anything. Well, everyone was saying the same thing. Delete your files, then turn autosave off and go back through again. WRONG WRONG WRONG. You don't have to do that. ONce you beat the game on hard and the achievement doesn't unlock. ONce you get into the Longest Day, pause the game and go to options. Turn autosave off in there and each time it asks you something hit Yes. ONce the game goes back to you playing, bam achievement unlocked.

This didn't work for me, any other ideas? Last achievement needed for 1000 GS. Thanks for the guide too btw.
jonnybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:31 PM   #18
TheLazyWolf

Ugh i just finished 100% completion on hard, and unfortunately your trick didnt help me Curse you Harry potter..

If anyone else gets stuck at 45% like i did in the common room, it seems to work itself out eventually if you just keep doing everything else.

Other than that, great guide, helped me get the 900 real easy.

Strategic Specialist
C&C3 - 1000/1000
Over-G 1000/1000
Old 08-20-2007, 07:21 PM   #19
Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybob View Post
This didn't work for me, any other ideas? Last achievement needed for 1000 GS. Thanks for the guide too btw.
Quote:
Ugh i just finished 100% completion on hard, and unfortunately your trick didnt help me Curse you Harry potter..

If anyone else gets stuck at 45% like i did in the common room, it seems to work itself out eventually if you just keep doing everything else.

Other than that, great guide, helped me get the 900 real easy.
Damn fellas...the only other thing I can suggest is to Delete your save data, turn auto save off and play it again...I'm sorry it didn't work for you guys...this game is fuckin retarded in the sense of how it divies out this achievement...I am sorry that you guys are going through this...
Old 08-20-2007, 10:12 PM   #20
NokkonWud

Nokkon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Is 'The Longest Day' the one after you've completed the game?
Edit: My bad, it's "Endless Day", it's mentioned in the Tips & Tricks section.

Or, after I have completed it on Hard and haven't got the achievement, do I create a new game with Autosave ON and then when the game's started, get to a certain point then turn it off?

If it's just continuing the game it didn't unlock, which was a great shame. However I already had Autosave turned off prior to this, I tried turning it on, then off, but with no luck.

Last edited by NokkonWud; 08-20-2007 at 10:15 PM.
NokkonWud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:03 AM   #21
jonnybob

jonnyb0b's Gamercard
Quote:
Damn fellas...the only other thing I can suggest is to Delete your save data, turn auto save off and play it again...I'm sorry it didn't work for you guys...this game is fuckin retarded in the sense of how it divies out this achievement...I am sorry that you guys are going through this...
Don't worry about it rocket, it only took me about 14 hours straight to get 100%, and the story is relatively short. You're guide is awesome keep up the good work.

Also, I've been chatting with a rep from EA on their support system, he says he is going to play through and see if he ends up with the same result I and many other have ended up with, maybe we will get a resolution out of it.
jonnybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:32 AM   #22
TheLazyWolf

Got my hard mode complete after moving all my original data to a backup memory card and restarting just on hard. I also made sure to get the defense cup before i beat the story, as i heard that can affect it.

Strategic Specialist
C&C3 - 1000/1000
Over-G 1000/1000
Old 08-22-2007, 12:44 AM   #23
Rocket

Quote:
Got my hard mode complete after moving all my original data to a backup memory card and restarting just on hard. I also made sure to get the defense cup before i beat the story, as i heard that can affect it.

Well congrats on finally getting it...that seems to be one of the only ways to do it...
Old 08-22-2007, 02:12 AM   #24
cady1992

NEMESISx69x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
i beat the game on hard..no achievement..how i go to longest day..i have search the tips and trick but have not found the thread..because when you finish the game its the endless day..help me please
cady1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:15 AM   #25
TheLazyWolf

Yeah ive been trying to figure it out, actually, because im kinda crazy obsessive about little glitches like that. Your turning off autosave worked for someone else as well, and so i think its perhaps a different glitch. You guys completed it on easy, and then it glitched for you on the second playthrough. For myself and johnybob, we completed it on hard the first time and it glitched on us.

I may have just missed it in your guide, but if not you should add those 5 gargoyle statues from that other thread. Was the only thing i had to open another window for in my 6 hour speed run. I really hated that you couldn't skip most of the dialogue in this one.

Strategic Specialist
C&C3 - 1000/1000
Over-G 1000/1000
Old 08-22-2007, 02:19 AM   #26
TheLazyWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cady1992 View Post
i beat the game on hard..no achievement..how i go to longest day..i have search the tips and trick but have not found the thread..because when you finish the game its the endless day..help me please
sorry for double post

Thats just a typo. The endless day is the same as The longest day.

If you have completed the game twice and not recieved the achievement, try turning autosave off.

If you have only completed it one time, delete your old game from your HD and start a progress on hard(with autosave off) and make sure to complete the defense cup before you finish the story. (not sure if thats required, but to *guarantee* you get it)

Strategic Specialist
C&C3 - 1000/1000
Over-G 1000/1000
Old 08-22-2007, 02:21 AM   #27
Rocket

Quote:
Yeah ive been trying to figure it out, actually, because im kinda crazy obsessive about little glitches like that. Your turning off autosave worked for someone else as well, and so i think its perhaps a different glitch. You guys completed it on easy, and then it glitched for you on the second playthrough. For myself and johnybob, we completed it on hard the first time and it glitched on us.

I may have just missed it in your guide, but if not you should add those 5 gargoyle statues from that other thread. Was the only thing i had to open another window for in my 6 hour speed run. I really hated that you couldn't skip most of the dialogue in this one.
Yeah, I will add those too it...other than that everything was in the guide? Awesome...I pretty much remember where they are..gotta rack my brain for a minute...don't want to open the other thread if I don't have to...
Old 08-23-2007, 06:55 PM   #28
Mtld

Mtld's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Well... it's a good thing I checked this post before getting too far. I've done 9% of the game in hard, but with auto-save on. I'll delete this savegame and start back without the auto-save.

So we'll see if the ach still glitches on a first playthrough on hard with auto-save off.

100% Retail = 120

100% Arcade = 113
Mtld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:35 PM   #29
NokkonWud

Nokkon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtld View Post
Well... it's a good thing I checked this post before getting too far. I've done 9% of the game in hard, but with auto-save on. I'll delete this savegame and start back without the auto-save.

So we'll see if the ach still glitches on a first playthrough on hard with auto-save off.
I played through with Autosave off all the way through the game and it glitched on me.
NokkonWud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:49 PM   #30
Mtld

Mtld's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NokkonWud View Post
I played through with Autosave off all the way through the game and it glitched on me.
brrr... WTF's wrong with this game ? I HATE to worry about that sort of thing...

100% Retail = 120

100% Arcade = 113
Mtld is offline   Reply With Quote