PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Super Street Fighter IV
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
BoxNerd
 
BoxNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 162

enracer's Gamercard
Quick question about Arcade Edition (disc)

Does the Arcade Edition disc come with all the costume/DLC packs?

Also, if I have never played the original SF4 would it be wise to buy the costume/DLC packs for that game and will they work in Super SF4/Arcade Edition?

Thanx
__________________
BoxNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,559

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
No, the AE disc only contains Super Street Fighter IV with the Arcade Edition DLC. Nothing more.

And yes, costume packs from Vanilla SFIV will work on SSFIV. Whether it would be "wise" or not is up to you, you can find pictures online to see if you consider them worthwhile.
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 02-11-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
BoxNerd
 
BoxNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 162

enracer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
No, the AE disc only contains Super Street Fighter IV with the Arcade Edition DLC. Nothing more.

And yes, costume packs from Vanilla SFIV will work on SSFIV. Whether it would be "wise" or not is up to you, you can find pictures online to see if you consider them worthwhile.
Thanks for the reply mate.

I had read something about an extra costume unlocking if it detects the DLC from the original SF4, is that true? And will this work if I have never played the actual game but just have the DLC?
__________________
BoxNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:55 AM   #4
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,559

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Oh. No the extra costumes (actually just colors) for the original 25 characters comes from having a save file, not DLC. Having the DLC gives you those DLC costumes in your game, but it won't trigger the extra colors.

So to be clear, having the DLC will just unlock costumes featured on this page. Even though it's SFIV DLC, it gets imported to Super. It will not register that as a save file and unlock the extra colors.
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 02-12-2012 at 03:15 AM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:17 AM   #5
Pikarichie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6

PikaRichie's Gamercard
They should have. There just trying to take more money from us x.x
Pikarichie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:19 AM   #6
Pikarichie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6

PikaRichie's Gamercard
they should have putted in all the dlc. but oh wells.
Pikarichie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #7
BoxNerd
 
BoxNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 162

enracer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
Oh. No the extra costumes (actually just colors) for the original 25 characters comes from having a save file, not DLC. Having the DLC gives you those DLC costumes in your game, but it won't trigger the extra colors.

So to be clear, having the DLC will just unlock costumes featured on this page. Even though it's SFIV DLC, it gets imported to Super. It will not register that as a save file and unlock the extra colors.
Thanks for the link I had been searching but hadnt found a full set of screenshots. I don't think I will play the original SF4 just for a few colors but I will grab those costumes for sure!

It seems strange to me that there hasn't been a StreetFighter DotW yet when they have so much expensive DLC. It's the only game I have come across where the DLC costs more than the game itself! Lol
__________________
BoxNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #8
Craphex
 
Craphex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: England
Posts: 451

Craphex's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I got the arcade edition disc, and noticed there are 3 free dlcs on the marketplace: update kit, costume catalog 1 and 2. Do i need to download these as well?
__________________


100,000G Reached: 25/04/12
Craphex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:02 PM.