PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Soul Calibur V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #31
Greedy

What I hate:

- some crazy Nightmare move that takes 90% of my health No kidding. It is not the Critical Edge (that only takes ~30%). I think it is also some kind of counterattack

- when I miss to block Natsu's ground explosion stuff. She jumps up, does some crazy shit in the air and I am on the ground. Another explosion before I can get up and here we go again. Luckily most players drop the combo. No, I cannot get up in time and rolling to the sides does not work

- Story mode is horrible. And why are there only sketches but no animated cutscenes? There was one at the beginning. I stopped after playing the first 3 or 4 chapters. I will probably go back for the achievements but NOT for the mode itself. No other need because I have unlocked all characters and legendary souls through my player level.
Greedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #32
Thracian

Lord Townicus's Gamercard
I've done something I haven't done for a while which is trade in a game not long at all after buying it as I didn't like it.

Soul Calibur 5 is an actual joke of a game. Story mode is worse then 4 and I don't know how that was even possible, Quick Battle is a joke of a mode, fighting against cheap and cheating AI over and over with no variation? YEY. Arcade is so pointless it is untrue. Character Creation has got worse, yes somehow worse. You give us more facial editing options which was needed but removed alot of clothes, what an earth? Defending doesn't feel right at all online or offline.

What a letdown and what a turd of a game.
Thracian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:26 AM   #33
Sarcasm

ragnarain's Gamercard
1) Story mode was super boring and linear.

2) I rage constantly at AI when the difficulty is set high.

3) People who get smashed online and Dashboard(Run Home).

4) Xiba, Natsu, Nightmare, & Astaroth.

5) People who T-bag online/gloat. I just stand still when I win, unless I have been provoked to do otherwise.

6) No Yun-Seong/Hwang.

7) Ubisoft not letting anyone edit Ezio.

8) Finally clearing Arcade mode on Hard, only to find out that Quick Battle promises to be far more stressful.

9) Lack of Team Battle. I think that it would be super fun to be able to do that online with an XBL friend.

10) The AI need to be nerfed more than the AK-74u did in Black Ops / Striker needs to be in MW3.

Yep! :P
Sarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #34
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Ridiculous AI Blocking Whilst Laying on the Ground.

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #35
Koompbala

Koompbala's Gamercard
I hate JGing, CE's GI's being practically useless. I dont like story being bad hate their sorry excuse to get rid of a lot of cast just to bring in stupid clones. Hate Xiba, Leixia, Pyhhra personality wise. Hate Patsuka and Leixia character wise. Last not but least hate how everyones bad except for the people who were good at SCIV also.

Koompbala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #36
queeg

Queegum's Gamercard
as a long time soulcalibur player one of the most annoying things is the fact that some of the moves controls have been changed and some moves removed.
Also guard break doesn't stun anywhere near long enough

The online is completely ruined by the players, almost everyone seems to know a completely unrelentting combo
queeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #37
Psychedelic ace

Psychedelic Ace's Gamercard
yea the game blows...single player sucks and its take days to find people online and also the fact that sometimes its the same person wtf
Psychedelic ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #38
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
My gf got me this as a valentines present. I really wanna sell it but i feel bad! Its the worst game i probably ever played! Cant rage enuff. how can they make 4 so good and this so wank. Never buying a sc game again. Ill stick to Mortal kombat 1000x better.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #39
dimon94xx

dimon94xx's Gamercard
Angry

1. Story - mode and arcade : The Story mode itself is fucking stupid and boring, all you hear throughout the story is : "I need to find my SISTER, I need to save my SISTER, so we could live TOGETHER" and that sort of thing. Nearly half of the characters (Even from roster) does not appear, add Arcade mode without ending to it and I'd have had no idea who the f*ck are Mitsurugi and Yoshimitsu for example, others, like Astaroth appear once to fight for no reason whatsoever and then dissappear without telling any story about them. So basically the story goes around 2 characters, 2 extremely boring and cliche characters. Thankfully this isn't my first SC game so I basically knew who the characters were.
2. Online: My first 3 matches online brought me a lot of confusion: 3 naked dudes(default chars for creation) using different styles. I was like "what gives ?" and I've yet to find an answer.... 50% of my matches online right now are against this kind of people(default naked dudes with a style). Then, of course, I entered matches vs Xiba, Siegfried, Nightmare and eventually Natsu. The more I play, the better I get against those characters. Still they are quite annoying.
3. AI : Too cheap, too frustrating. I haven't raged so much ever since Crysis 2 multiplayer(at which I sucked), but then again Crysis 2's was my fault for not understanding the mechanincs, here it's just a fucking cheap AI.

I'm trading this game in...I've yet to know what for, but I am trading it in.
PS: Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my native language
dimon94xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #40
JOELEE LAWLZ

JOELEE LAWLZ's Gamercard
1. People who complain about Xiba. Siegfried, Nightmare, Natsu, Astaroth, and Mitsurugi players are way cheaper. I'm a Xiba player, but I at least mix up my moveset a bit. You can't say he's the cheapest character when you can essentially take someone out with Mitsurugi's basic attacks in six hits.

2. Yeah, Arcade move gets a bit cheap at the end. That was the same deal in Soulcalibur IV, so this shouldn't come as a shock.

That's really all I have to complain about. The only real complaint about the character selection I have is that Kilik is a mimic. I figured Story Mode would be awful, because it's a FIGHTING GAME. Since when do fighting games have good stories? Never. Quick Battle keeps me occupied enough if I don't feel like playing online, so I'm not complaining about the lack of single-player modes. Fighting games are just more fun when you play with other people, so I usually just ignore the single-player entirely. And news-flash: there are cheap players regardless of what fighting game you play. Frankly, I think this is the best in the series since SCII. Just give me Weapon Master as DLC or something and it'll be damn perfect.
JOELEE LAWLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #41
Sprites7

Sprites7's Gamercard
I guess there qill be an additionnal mode DLC some day ...
But I don't like the quick battle cheating AIs
Evading back grab? having the rod go through you without damage? are you some kind of ghost , Pyrra?
Sprites7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #42
xTGMx INF3RNO

They.spam the same move and juggle u in the air like dante

Old 02-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #43
Zukin-Man

Iron Chef Howie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOELEE LAWLZ
1. People who complain about Xiba. Siegfried, Nightmare, Natsu, Astaroth, and Mitsurugi players are way cheaper. I'm a Xiba player, but I at least mix up my moveset a bit.
I complain about Xiba, but it's less about his moveset and more about the type of character he is. He's like a retarded Kilik with no backstory and no facets to his personality aside from "FOOOOOOOOD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOELEE LAWLZ
Since when do fighting games have good stories? Never.
BlazBlue.

The new Mortal Kombat isn't too bad, either.
Zukin-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #44
Jaynestown

Quote:
Originally Posted by dEku View Post
Rock was a terrible character. Are you kidding me? Viola is hella underpowered. Her CE sucks dick and almost all of her moves do shit damage.

Quick Battle - It's so much fucking bullshit, it's unbelievable. If you're going to make the game hard, at least MAKE IT FUCKING HARD. Don't have the AI fucking cheat, that's shitty programming. I'm really fucking disappointed with this. You make one wrong move, your ass is combo'd to death. You somehow make it over to the edge, the AI does everything it possibly can to block and evade all of your attacks and push you off the edge. The react at inhuman speeds do the most bullshit things ever. I can't even fucking win against one character because she dodges every single one of my attack and blocks everything and then combo's me to death. I'm surprised I have 218 titles. The A ranks are just bullshit.

Story - I don't even think I need to really comment on this, it's just bad.

Arcade - Even on fucking normal, the last 2 characters act like characters that are High B ranks/Low A ranks in Quick Battle. It's retarded. Then, Hard almost like fighting A ranks. Button input reading cheating assholes.

Characters - What the fuck is up with the stupid ass mimics? That's just fucking stupid. We don't need, or want, characters that switch shit up every round. That lazy and pointless.

Online - I don't play much online but from what I have played, it's just bullshit. People quit in the middle of the fight if they lose 1 round or are cheap bitches.

Legendary Souls - I get that it's supposed to be hard, but reading button inputs and stringing together nearly impossible combo's? Really? What the fuck? Blocks every single one of my attacks and I can't even fucking beat Kilik. I've won 2 or 3 rounds and one was because he fell off the edge after getting up, the others were extremely lucky but not in the same match.

My main complaint is the AI. If you're going to try and make hard AI, don't have it cheat, make it at least somewhat human.. I mean, seriously, some of the characters are almost unbeatable because of how cheap they are. The button reading is the stupidest things ever. That is just flat out fucking retarded. How lazy can you be?

I'm fucking mad. I've raged pretty hard at games but never to the point where I'm about to fucking explode like with this game. This game is just so much fucking bullshit.
Couldn't agree more, I cannot beat the last 7 (it was 8 but I've just spammed Astaroth's throw move to beat Ezio) hard (A4 to A2) quick battle opponents. If I manage to win one or two rounds they just spam the exact same move over and over again and i cannot block them no matter how many times I mash or hold the block button. never got so annoyed with a game before (well apart from trying to get the 5 point drift achievement on Forza 3!)
Old 03-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #45
CiaranChan

ciaran chan's Gamercard
They took away my Talim...

I rocked Talim, since she was the only character I ever used. People used to laugh at me for using her, until I sliced them to pieces...

At least they kept Tira in, but still... give me back my Talim! ;__;
CiaranChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:03 AM   #46
Zeph0r

R0ck5auce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Just started this today thanks to free game rental from redbox. I'm glad I didn't pay money for this. This game is 5 steps backwards from soul calibur IV. SCIV was worth the $10 I paid for it, SCV isn't even worth $5.

Since when was this game so hard? These guys spam worse than I do, and they can pull shit off I could never do. At least with dead or alive I had some fun with a bs cpu.

I'm pretty sure SCIV's character creation had way more stuff. What the hell is up with the character creation dlc?

Story mode is way too short, and garbage compared to SCIV's. What's the deal with the new clones? Natsu's character design looks like she's one of the throw away characters from quickplay. Where's Sophitia and Cassandra, Sueng Mina and Yun Seong? They added new clones without keeping the good ones. Where's Algol fear and friends? I loved using those characters.

To think I almost pre-ordered this.
Zeph0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #47
GodKonflik

GodKonflik's Gamercard
I hate legendary souls, arcade, quick battle, story, xiba, astaroth, nightmare, the fact theres 3 rounds, the fact you cant change the fact theres 3 rounds, online where people master the art of "ring out", how hard A5-A1 rank characters are, the fact I have to download dampierre coz i didnt pre order from a certain place, how much better SC4 is and finally most of all I hate soul calibur 5. could of been so much better
Old 03-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #48
reaper527

Reaper527's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post
Never buying a sc game again. Ill stick to Mortal kombat 1000x better.

because mortal kombat hasn't released crappy game after crappy game before finally getting it right with the most recent one

/s
Old 03-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #49
xTGMx INF3RNO

Its.the only one I played . Sciv is still.the best

Old 03-03-2012, 02:38 AM   #50
danksch

danksch's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper527 View Post
because mortal kombat hasn't released crappy game after crappy game before finally getting it right with the most recent one
Well, MKvsDC's gameplay was actually golden once you were able to overlook the fact that it was Rated T.

Anyway, back to topic: Had a save game glitch today that didnt count my roughly 60 hard work-wins against A1-A3 opponents in Quick Battle. ARGH NERD RAGE !11!
danksch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:43 AM   #51
ApocalypticJoker

Lamb3ntSpartan's Gamercard
the A.I is ridiculous; it goes from "please don't hurt me" to "THIS IS SPARTA!" in an instant, it spams ground attacks worse then Astaroth in SC4 and the story modes last fight was so full of bullshit i almost gagged on the fumes.

story mode is bland; the cinematics are decent but the poor gameplay and dialoge overwhelm and make it obsolete.

fuck arcade mode, its crap. i like no hving to play the game 20 times like in SC4 so i can see every characters ending (cuz i dont give a shit about more than 3 of them!) but again, this goes back to the A.I being pants-on-head retarded and, for lack of a better term, bipolar.

i haven't played online yet but i'm contemplating buying some extra controllers....
Warface
World of Tanks
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Sacred Citadel
SoulCalibur 5
Titanfall (360)
ApocalypticJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #52
el teegilly

eL tEEgiLLy's Gamercard
pretty much on point with that
el teegilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #53
Peter Plarker

Peter Plarker's Gamercard
  1. Too many mimic characters.
    I can understand one, but three? And one of them is a cocktease Kilik? Wasted character slots.

2. α Patroklos & Pyrrha Ω.
    Their inclusion seems lazy. Why update Setsuka or Cassandra when you can just re-skin their fighting styles?

3. No Talim, Zasalamel, Seong Mi-na, Yun-seong, or Rock.
    Removing established characters from ANY fighting game is a sin in my book.

4. Spotty collision detection.
    Many times, what I believe to be a sure hit ends up as a whiff right through my opponent's body.

5. Lack of character-specific story mode.
    I know that "story" in fighting games is usually laughed about, but I for one have always had a deep interest.

6. Player level/progress should be viewable from Quick Battle mode.
    Having to quit to the main menu just to see how close you are to leveling is shitty UI design.

7. Cheap AI in Legendary Souls.
    Now, I'm used to cheating CPU characters, but it's a little over the top here in SCV.

8. Match lengths aren't adjustable.
    Really? No infinite time option?

9. No handicap options.
    Silly exclusion.

10. Lack of a decent single-player mode.
    SCII had Weapon Master Mode. SCIII had Chronicles of the Sword. SCIV had the Tower of Lost Souls. SCV has ... Quick Battle? UNACCEPTABLE.
Peter Plarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #54
kennyubasterd00

KennyUbasterd00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
*clears throat* tap, tap, tap "test test. Harrada Tekken. that is all."

seriously, in one fight 80% of his attacks was him doing that bloody guard breaking uppercut. BS i'd rather fight spamming noobs online, at least my impacts work then. -.-
"MineCraft = low budget Skyrim."

Last edited by kennyubasterd00; 03-10-2012 at 05:33 PM.
kennyubasterd00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:46 PM   #55
Kite87

Kite87's Gamercard
Rapheal seems to be missing a lot of his moves.

I hate dicks online I got beat by someone who was playing as Nightmare, after the match. I ended up playing him again this time he picked Ezio. I won and he sent me hate messages saying I was cheating.

I've never had this in a fighting game before in Street Fighter I got messages saying Dan rules or good fight never this shit.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:13 PM   #56
Ecastor

I'll add my voice to the huge chorus of people mentioning the AI. I like a difficult game, but I don't like games where it's nigh impossible to win and, when you do win, it's more through luck than talent.

I actually didn't mind the story mode for what it was. Sure, it was quite obviously incomplete and left out a lot of new characters, but I liked what they did with the characters that were there.

Plus, I thought the whole point of Patroklos was that he was a douche at the start, then got the crap beaten out of him and realized he needed to stop being such a douche, then grew to be a not-as-bad douche by the end. That's character development. I like character development.

And, well, the appearance of Tira was always an advantage. Her destructive relationship thing she had going on with Pyrrha had the potential to be incredibly interesting, and I liked what I saw of it and read in the artbook.

Aside from 3/4ths of the story having been scrapped and all the negatives that come with that, the only other thing I disliked about it was the way Pyrrha and Patroklos ~reunited~ at the end. I refuse to believe he actually physically knocked all of her mental issues out of her head by beating her in a three-round match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thracian View Post
You give us more facial editing options which was needed but removed alot of clothes
This annoyed me the most, I think!
Ecastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #57
Flyinjew

Send a message via AIM to Flyinjew

Flyinjew's Gamercard
http://www.robotboombox.com/articles...ibur5/sc5.html
Flyinjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #58
XperimntNterror

XperimntNterror's Gamercard
I hate...

- Ezio (In fact, I hate that they insist on having stupid-ass guest characters in these titles, period.)

- Bullshit cheating, button-input-reading AI (lazy way to make the game "hard")

- Limited options for character creation (unless you BUY the new equipment they continue to release with the compatibility packs every few weeks or so. DLC is becoming more and more ridiculous the longer it exists for consoles).

- 99 useless, meaningless levels that you only need 2/3's of to get all equipment unlocks.

- 432 pointless titles to unlock. (most of which say incredibly stupid asinine things like "No Talking" or "Let's Voice Chat" or "Shaver Fest" - I don't even know what the fuck that last one means)

- Shitty servers for online that constantly drop you mid-match

- New characters with old character move-sets. I guess I figure if you're going to add in a bunch of new characters, they shouldn't be near clones of previous characters in the series.... but that's just me

- As others have said, three mimic characters (this ties in with my comment about new characters with old character move-sets: If you are going to have both Kilik and Sophitia (Elysium) in the damn game anyway, how about not having Pyrrha and Xiba?)

- Dumbed downed character move-sets; makes it much more button masher friendly, I feel

- Namco for being lazy assholes and rushing this out (SCIV was supposed to be the last one unless enough fan support was given for them to do a 5th... too bad they just crapped this out).

Thanks to V1ZIONZxBLOOD for the really cool sig!

Last edited by XperimntNterror; 06-11-2012 at 11:42 AM.
XperimntNterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:06 AM   #59
eyecandy

soulbite's Gamercard
I completely agree, before buying the game i had a friend lend it to me for a few days. Just finished the story mode and I can't believe what they did with this game. I actually wanted to start a thread but I thought "it's so fucking bad someone must have done it already"
I haven't played that much, but enough to say that the AI is worse than a bitch, the characters suck... but most importantly what I find now is that I can barely stand the new japanese productions these days. I've been an early fan of these games and of these companies, but the "Korean popstar syndrome" + the "sadistic japanese difficulty" KILL ME. I mean, FF 10-13? Vanilla SF4 Seth? And here, the "quick battle". Should have been labeled "quick battle indeed". Do you think Capcom, namco and co know about these issues? Do they even care?
Old 05-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #60
MrZombieChicken

MrZombieChicken's Gamercard
1- No Taki. I need teh B00beez.
2- Elastic AI is very frustrating
3- Game feels unpolished. Could've used some more time in development. Seriously, sketches instead of cut scenes???
MrZombieChicken is offline   Reply With Quote