PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-16-2012, 04:13 AM   #61
LykanLunatik

LykanLunatik's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by I R BFOG View Post
I just finished 12 hours of AFKing this fn horrible excuse of a gametype and only got 59 games played - thats only 5 per hour on average.

I used 2 xboxs since my 2nd does not have the awful fenix rising maps on it.

2AFK vs 1AFK+1bot vs 2bots vs 2 bots
Insane bots to fill
Diggers
Goal score 10
Round time limit 3mins

Next Ill try: 2AFK vs 2AFK vs 2bots with all other settings the same. Ideas? Advice?
I'm only running one box, but like the above poster said, use boomshots.

For some reason they are much more bloodthirsty with boomshots and find/kill me faster
LykanLunatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:23 AM   #62
I R BFOG

xBFOGx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbishop182 View Post
Only change I'd advise is use boomshots instead of diggers. Bots can sometimes be trigger happy and waste a digger bullet, plus there's only 3 in a pick-up I believe.
Alright guys, Ill try my 2nd method but with boomshots tonight. Ive had good success with diggers in other game modes but ill give it a go.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:32 AM   #63
FiReStOrM^

xFiRe5tOrMx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
has anybody actually noticed visibly better results using boomshots?

I say this because when I idle boost (right now doing execution) i tried a few matches with boomshots and with no weapons at all and I found the matches with none at all went better than with boomshots. a lot of farting around with bots picking stuff up. i expected it would be really great but it wasn't.
FiReStOrM^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:29 AM   #64
I R BFOG

xBFOGx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiReStOrM^ View Post
has anybody actually noticed visibly better results using boomshots?

I say this because when I idle boost (right now doing execution) i tried a few matches with boomshots and with no weapons at all and I found the matches with none at all went better than with boomshots. a lot of farting around with bots picking stuff up. i expected it would be really great but it wasn't.
Sandbar throws that out the window though. You need weapons on the map if its a map that size in order to get the bots exploring. In my experience anyway.

I had a weird afk experience last night. I had the game set up with 2afk vs 2afk vs 2 bots. But somewhere during the night one xbox dropped out of the system link and when i checked this morning i had only completed 9 games and the teams had been totally redistributed like this: 1afk+1bot vs 1afk+1bot resulting in endless stalemates . This was linked through the router, going to use a cable from now on and do it offline.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:56 PM   #65
LykanLunatik

LykanLunatik's Gamercard
Just hit 1000 matches, so that took about 5 days from 300 matches.

Almosr half way...
Old 02-18-2012, 03:00 AM   #66
I R BFOG

xBFOGx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbishop182 View Post
Only change I'd advise is use boomshots instead of diggers. Bots can sometimes be trigger happy and waste a digger bullet, plus there's only 3 in a pick-up I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LykanLunatik View Post
I'm only running one box, but like the above poster said, use boomshots.

For some reason they are much more bloodthirsty with boomshots and find/kill me faster
You're both right. With diggers I was getting an average of 5 wingman games per hour played. But with boomshots I'm getting 6.3 per hour. The bots do seem more blood thirsty with the boomshots on the maps instead of diggers.

2AFK vs 2AFK vs 2insane bots
Score: 10
Time: 3mins
Boomshots
Avg of 6.3games per hour (over 10 hours)

This seems to work quite consistently on all pre-fenix rising maps (my 2nd xbox does not have that dlc). I tried it with an extra 2 bots but would take longer since the bots were trading kills. I might try it with 2min rounds tonight and see if i get better results though sandbar may make that infeasible ...
Old 02-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #67
LykanLunatik

LykanLunatik's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by I R BFOG View Post
You're both right. With diggers I was getting an average of 5 wingman games per hour played. But with boomshots I'm getting 6.3 per hour. The bots do seem more blood thirsty with the boomshots on the maps instead of diggers.

2AFK vs 2AFK vs 2insane bots
Score: 10
Time: 3mins
Boomshots
Avg of 6.3games per hour (over 10 hours)

This seems to work quite consistently on all pre-fenix rising maps (my 2nd xbox does not have that dlc). I tried it with an extra 2 bots but would take longer since the bots were trading kills. I might try it with 2min rounds tonight and see if i get better results though sandbar may make that infeasible ...
Haven't tried it two mins with booms. Kept it at three since that seems to guarentee a kill or two. Let us know if that works!
Old 02-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #68
I R BFOG

xBFOGx's Gamercard
Quote:
Haven't tried it two mins with booms. Kept it at three since that seems to guarentee a kill or two. Let us know if that works!
Will do. Ill watch a couple of games on sandbar to see if they even find them in the 2 mins. So many times ive watched games where the bots will find the first 2 AFKers extremely quick and then spend the remaining time running around in circles. So if 2min rounds work on sandbar it should be more effective overall. Ill set it up like this overnight then report back tomorrow
Old 02-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #69
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Yeah, I never got that. I'd watch them with 3 afk teams and they'd find the first two really fast and they've even run past the last afk team, shot a few bullets at them then kept running in circles for the rest of the round.

It's probably just Epic's way of fucking with us.

Extremely Serious
Check out my video guide for South Park:Tenorman's Revenge. Gold Time and collectibles,Click Here
McDurbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #70
I R BFOG

xBFOGx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDurbin View Post
Yeah, I never got that. I'd watch them with 3 afk teams and they'd find the first two really fast and they've even run past the last afk team, shot a few bullets at them then kept running in circles for the rest of the round.

It's probably just Epic's way of fucking with us.
Epic's specialty . I'm a bit jealous of people who have a 3rd xbox. If i had stable net I'd probably just host/join wingman lobbies but is pointless with my connection. Oh and belkin routers suck...

EDIT: Just finished a 11 hour boosting session set to 2min rounds with boomshots and the average is still 6.3games per hour - exactly the same as 3min rounds.

Incidentally, if you mix up the teams the rounds stalemate way often EG When i was testing a few things last night i set it up like this:
2 AFK (xbox1 & xbox2)
vs
2 AFK (xbox1 & xbox2)
vs
2 bots.

This confused the absolute fuck out of the bots resulting in 15rounds on sandbar with only 6 points! - got to 8 but the bots were suiciding and therefore reducing the score lol

Changed it back to 1 xbox per team and it started progressing at its normal, epically slow pace.

I played through Halo CE Anniversary recently wondering what it would be like to fight 10 year old AI again. Now I know, just play a brand new epic game as they STILL have no fucken idea how to do what bungie did 10 years ago... Pathetic.

Last edited by I R BFOG; 02-19-2012 at 12:23 AM.
I R BFOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:51 AM   #71
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
i started idling wingman matches last week. i only idle while i'm at work so the following progress is all for 9 hour periods.

first night i had myself and a guest vs. two insane bots. i have no idea how, but i got just under 100 matches (96).

second night i used the same set up and only got 60, or so.

third night i tried myself and a room full of bots with three minute rounds. i only got 45 matches, which made me angry.

fourth night i tried the same setting as above, with two minute rounds. only a slight difference.

tonight i'm trying a new set-up. i'll post how it goes in the morning. i watched it for a little and the first match ended in about three and a half minutes. hope it keeps that pace the whole night!
Mister Buds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:45 AM   #72
LykanLunatik

LykanLunatik's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Buds View Post
i started idling wingman matches last week. i only idle while i'm at work so the following progress is all for 9 hour periods.

first night i had myself and a guest vs. two insane bots. i have no idea how, but i got just under 100 matches (96).

second night i used the same set up and only got 60, or so.

third night i tried myself and a room full of bots with three minute rounds. i only got 45 matches, which made me angry.

fourth night i tried the same setting as above, with two minute rounds. only a slight difference.

tonight i'm trying a new set-up. i'll post how it goes in the morning. i watched it for a little and the first match ended in about three and a half minutes. hope it keeps that pace the whole night!
I'd recommend two teams, you and a guest VS two insane bots.

If you have it set to full, they have more competition, thus the rounds take longer. If there is only two people to kill and they're just standing there, rounds can take much less time.

But if what you're doing next has a good outcome, please post
Old 02-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #73
I R BFOG

xBFOGx's Gamercard
Quote:
I'd recommend two teams, you and a guest VS two insane bots.

If you have it set to full, they have more competition, thus the rounds take longer. If there is only two people to kill and they're just standing there, rounds can take much less time.

But if what you're doing next has a good outcome, please post
Yeah one xbox is probably faster for wingman and with only 2 bots. Only reason I'm doing it with two is so I can skip the fenix rising maps - my second xbox doesnt have that dlc.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #74
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

alright, i got about 80 or 90 matches last night. i forgot to see how many i was at before starting. this set up i used was:

team 1: me + 1 bot
team 2: 2 bots
team 3: 1 bot
round time: 2 minutes
EDIT: i forgot to mention for idle boosting i always keep weapon pickups off.

Last edited by Mister Buds; 02-20-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #75
SkinnyBin

SkinnyBin's Gamercard
Quote:
alright, i got about 80 or 90 matches last night. i forgot to see how many i was at before starting. this set up i used was:

This has to be the best Wingman set up I have seen! Just tested it out, it's just under twice as fast as any other technique I have tried. Good work mate, thanks!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #76
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Quote:

you use just one controller?

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:20 PM   #77
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoNiNjAlEoNoX View Post
you use just one controller?
yes, just one controller for that set up.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:17 AM   #78
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Quote:
ok will try that

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:15 AM   #79
Zero619

Dragoon XZero's Gamercard

I'm using 2 boxes and the good thing is my other account which is my buds doesn't have the fenix maps and I noticed I am getting a very good amount of matches in a few hours. I idled for about 10 hours and went from 275-345

Using 4 insane bots vs my 2 accounts and thier guests
Old 02-21-2012, 02:34 AM   #80
iWantBlueReUp

PuhLz's Gamercard
Quote:
Is it faster with 2 controllers?

Team 1: Me + 1 bot
Team 2: 2 bots
Team 3: other controller + 1 bot

Maybe the 2 bots will get an extra kill?

EDIT:
another idea

Team 1: Me + 1 bot
Team 2: 2 bots
Team 3: other controller + 1 bot
Team 4: 1 bot

same as Mister Buds setup but jst more controllers and bots
idk if it will work

Last edited by iWantBlueReUp; 02-21-2012 at 03:21 AM. Reason: better idea
iWantBlueReUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:32 AM   #81
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

You guys do realize that you can just put the fenix rising maps on a thumb drive and take the thumb drive out when you are idling so the maps won't come up, right? Also if you are running two box's that if you have a bot on a team with a afk then the bot won't leave spawn, it will just stay next to the afk player. So its best to have 2 afk vs. 2afk vs. 2 bots vs 2 bots.

Extremely Serious
Check out my video guide for South Park:Tenorman's Revenge. Gold Time and collectibles,Click Here
McDurbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:15 AM   #82
DaChiefOfOwnage

DaChiefOfOwnage's Gamercard
Quote:

I have been holding off on Wingman, but since you have posted this method and gotten rather nice feedback about it, I will try this.

Will update you all on how it goes...
DaChiefOfOwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:43 AM   #83
TheOceanHasEyes

TheOceanHasEyes's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaChiefOfOwnage View Post
I have been holding off on Wingman, but since you have posted this method and gotten rather nice feedback about it, I will try this.

Will update you all on how it goes...
I have been doing this method for over an hour, and only got 5 matches done. >.< I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what, I only have 165 matches. D=<
TheOceanHasEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:44 AM   #84
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:

What do you have for round time limit?
Old 02-21-2012, 07:33 AM   #85
DaChiefOfOwnage

DaChiefOfOwnage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
What do you have for round time limit?
2 minutes I believe is what he is using.

OK guys, so after one hour, 6 Wingman games had been played. That's not really ideal.

I don't know if I did anything wrong during setup; I followed the setup details specified.

6 games.

Last edited by DaChiefOfOwnage; 02-21-2012 at 07:43 AM.
DaChiefOfOwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #86
Zero619

I really dont understand what the hell is going on with some of your guys matches. I seem to average 10-12 games an hour.... the game must intentionally put you on sandbar constantly
Old 02-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #87
iWantBlueReUp

PuhLz's Gamercard
Quote:

I think the 2 afk vs 2 bots method is still faster. I get about 165 matches in one day with that method but with ur method i only get 55 - 65 matches in 12 hours.

Idk if i do get 165 matches cauz i estimated but i do get more matches done with the 2 afk vs 2 bots method
Old 02-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #88
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
After about 10 hours of 1afk+1bot vs 2bots vs 1bot with 4 minute rounds, I managed 46 matches averaging 4.6 an hour. I am going back to 1afk+1bot vs 2bots.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #89
Zero619

Guys I need a few tips,

Should I turn off weapons? I thought booms hot with insane bots is the way to go? I've been told otherwise.

What about the bleed out time?

Finally what about the amount of players? I have 2 consoles so I have 4 dummy bots and 4 active bots. Am I better off with just 6 players rather than 8?
Old 02-22-2012, 12:13 AM   #90
iWantBlueReUp

PuhLz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
After about 10 hours of 1afk+1bot vs 2bots vs 1bot with 4 minute rounds, I managed 46 matches averaging 4.6 an hour. I am going back to 1afk+1bot vs 2bots.
Is 1afk+1bot vs 2bots faster than 2afk vs 2bots?
Ive seen 1 bot wreck 2 bots before