PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > The Darkness 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
I am Goliath

XXxxGOLIATHxxXX's Gamercard
Two things that confuse me about the ending (spoilers)

Okay, so Jackie kills himself with the syphon in order to go to Hell to save Jenny. Since he used the syphon, he was now permanately dead because the Darkness can't fix that damage. With the Angelus appearing, it was definitely a twist for Jackie, but this leads to my questions:

1. Even though the Angelus told Jackie she was trapping him in Hell, what was the point of him acting so shocked and terrified? He knew what he was heading towards to save Jenny. Was he expecting to leave Hell somehow after he saved Jenny? Speaking of Hell . . .

2. Is it really Hell Jackie is trapped in, or is it The Darkness? I'm hearing both sides of the coin where one side says he's trapped in Hell with The Darkness, while the other side says he's trapped within The Darkness. Which one is it?

EDIT: I have another question that doesn't refer to the topic of this thread, but I figured I might as well ask:

How exactly does The Darkness travel through different hosts? I can understand that this refers to the Estacado bloodline, but what if the current host never has a kid? What happens to The Darkness when the host dies of age or something?

I am Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:44 AM   #2
XxHektikxX

XxHEKTIKxX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
1) He has that look because he did all of this to free jenny's soul from the darkness. To get her away all the despair he causes, so she could rest in peace. But instead she is inserted right back in the middle of things, right back in the thick of the light v dark war. So i assume he looks at it like he did this to her again.

2) I think its the Hell the darkness created personally. Though the asylum bits do tend to have me lean toward that it actually is hell that jackie is in at the end. Since the darkness created that whole asylum dream to occupy jackie's time when he was near death

XxHektikxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:31 AM   #3
The Splatterpus

The Splatterpus's Gamercard
To answer 3. The Darkness travels from host to host as soon as the father impregnates a woman with a son. As soon as the woman concieves the host will die (Jackies dad actually died while still inside a prostitute). If the host doesn't want to have sex with women anymore, or is gay or something, the Darkness will possess the host. In Jackies case the Darkness possessed him and made him have sex with a woman named Sara (Witchblade) while she was in a coma. Good news for Jackie though as the resulting baby was a girl and the Darkness needs a male body, like the Angelus needs a womans body. Hope this answered your question.

Last edited by The Splatterpus; 02-19-2012 at 08:07 AM.
The Splatterpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #4
-Erik-

dream fiend's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Splatterpus View Post
To answer 3. The Darkness travels from host to host as soon as the father impregnates a woman with a son. As soon as the woman concieves the host will die (Jackies dad actually died while still inside a prostitute). If the host doesn't want to have sex with women anymore, or is gay or something, the Darkness will possess the host. In Jackies case the Darkness possessed him and made him have sex with a woman named Sara (Witchblade) while she was in a coma. Good news for Jackie though as the resulting baby was a girl and the Darkness needs a male body, like the Angelus needs a womans body. Hope this answered your question.
Possibly in the comic, but it's different in the game. In one of the monologues in this game Jackie mentions waking up with his father on the edge of his bed with a gun or knife. Also there are various pictures of Jackie and his father throughout the game.
-Erik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
Tyrantus

GeeksDontLie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Erik- View Post
Possibly in the comic, but it's different in the game. In one of the monologues in this game Jackie mentions waking up with his father on the edge of his bed with a gun or knife. Also there are various pictures of Jackie and his father throughout the game.
Yeah I agree. The game has definitely defied the comic book laws of "The Darkness" so it leads me to believe that it will have a different outcome.

The most easiest to believe, is that if Jackie doesn't consumate or pass the Darkness on some other way I think he will just live forever. It's not that hard to believe, if the Darkness can keep reviving him when he dies then he can sure as hell keep him alive indefinitely.

Tyrantus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #6
Zombiedrd

Zombiedrd's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHektikxX View Post
1) He has that look because he did all of this to free jenny's soul from the darkness. To get her away all the despair he causes, so she could rest in peace. But instead she is inserted right back in the middle of things, right back in the thick of the light v dark war. So i assume he looks at it like he did this to her again.

2) I think its the Hell the darkness created personally. Though the asylum bits do tend to have me lean toward that it actually is hell that jackie is in at the end. Since the darkness created that whole asylum dream to occupy jackie's time when he was near death

I agree with that is what he was yelling about. Not that the Angelus is in her, it will wage war on evil. From all the relics, we learned that the Darkness kills her....a lot. I think the Angelus goes through a lot of hosts. While she is a 'good' guy, she has no remorse or caring for humans, and has killed and abused the souls of humans just as the Darkness has.

Just as Jackie is cursed with the Darkness, Jenny is now cursed with the Angelus, until the Angelus probably results in her death.
200,000-?
Zombiedrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #7
LivingGsuscryst

LivingGsuscryst's Gamercard
You should play the first game. It went into a lot more of the backstory of the darkness from what i remember. however i don't remember enough to help explain anything to you.

the story in the first game is 100x better than this one and is worth your time playing.
LivingGsuscryst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:38 AM   #8
MLG=Most Likely Gay

Send a message via MSN to MLG=Most Likely Gay

Che Guayaba's Gamercard
I have never read any of The Darkness comics. Is any of the story from the game in the comics? Like, is Jenny in the comics and all that.
5.An Hero Plz 6.Fux My Lolipooper
7.BRB Losing Game 8.Projectile Dump
9.MR Butt Predator 10.Butter On My Balls
11.Anal She Wrote 12.Beyond The Labia 13.OnceYouGoAnal 14.Rectal Prowess
15.She Comes First 16.WARHAMMER 40GAY 17.FellatiOwnd 18.I Came She Cried
19.Areola Cola 20.Balls On Lips
21.Ballsdeep Lovin 22.BRB ButtFisting 23.ButtDEVASTATION 24.AssRomance
MLG=Most Likely Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:37 AM   #9
Schism

Schism Octopus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLG=Most Likely Gay View Post
I have never read any of The Darkness comics. Is any of the story from the game in the comics? Like, is Jenny in the comics and all that.
yeah she is. the Angelus is the opposite force of the darkness..and they have a "child" at one point, The Witchblade. I wish the games would actually just go straight into the comics...show other cross overs like the Magdalena.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #10
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Can anyone say darkness 3???
Old 03-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #11
The Splatterpus

The Splatterpus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLG=Most Likely Gay View Post
Jenny is in the comics but she isn't Jackies love interest, just a really close friend. The Angelus is also in the comics but is not Jenny.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #12
CoziestParasite

coziestparasite's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
yeah she is. the Angelus is the opposite force of the darkness..and they have a "child" at one point, The Witchblade. I wish the games would actually just go straight into the comics...show other cross overs like the Magdalena.
The Darkness II still had to be a direct sequel to the first game, which had essentially retconned large parts of the story (from what I've heard - I've never read the comics myself). They wanted it to be as close to the comic as possible, but they still had to work within the confines of the original game's narrative, hence the changes that they made.

It would be hard for them to dive straight into the comic lore, because then they would have to retcon the video game story as well, which would make the initial retcon pointless and the overall story a tad confusing. It's probably best to look at the games as adaptations or re-tellings of the comic books, but even then, I'm sure Digital Extremes (assuming more games are made by them) will try to work in as much comic book stuff as possible.
CoziestParasite is offline   Reply With Quote