Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Japanese Games (NTSC-J) > Action > Catherine
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
Page1992

Page1992's Gamercard
Help with Todd's problem

I've recently bought Catherine here in the UK. I've followed a guide down to the detail about helping everyone with their problems. But apparently Todd has died and I don't understand how/why that's happened as i've followed the guide making sure i choose correctly in the allignment paths.
Page1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
Tyrantus

GeeksDontLie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Page1992 View Post
I've recently bought Catherine here in the UK. I've followed a guide down to the detail about helping everyone with their problems. But apparently Todd has died and I don't understand how/why that's happened as i've followed the guide making sure i choose correctly in the allignment paths.
On one of the nightmare landings, I forget which one, Todd is on his own rather than talking about techniques like he usually is. From the conversation you have with him you can convince him to carry on or give up. I think that might be the key live or die point for him.

Tyrantus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
Page1992

Page1992's Gamercard
Yeah, that's when he starts worrying about his dad being on the higher floor. I chose something like to carry and fight it or something along that.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #4
Tyrantus

GeeksDontLie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Page1992 View Post
Yeah, that's when he starts worrying about his dad being on the higher floor. I chose something like to carry and fight it or something along that.
Yeah when I played to get the bad ending, the day after that (after choosing to not help him) was when he had died so I presumed that was the crucial point when you had to keep him going to make sure he survives.

Last edited by Tyrantus; 02-16-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #5
Page1992

Page1992's Gamercard
As I said, i've followed a guid down to a T and now Archies died too. I've been following the guide that was mentioned in the achievement guide on this forum :/
Old 02-17-2012, 01:54 AM   #6
Haruya

Yuril Haruya's Gamercard
Even if someone dies on your first playthrough and you don't get their achievement as a result, you can try again on a new playthrough. The "Everyday Hero" achievement (or, something like that) is obtained as soon as the other 5 achievements for helping people are yours. You don't need to save all of them on the same playthrough.

Just remember your choices and talk to them as much as possible to avoid skipping important moments that might save them from death.
Haruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #7
CoolJosh3k

CoolJosh3k's Gamercard
I believe Todd is bugged somehow. Several times through, both following the guide and changing it up... no good.

Anyone here, managed to resolve the issue? What might you have done that might have worked?
CoolJosh3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #8
amacteur
Graphics Team

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolJosh3k View Post
I believe Todd is bugged somehow. Several times through, both following the guide and changing it up... no good.

Anyone here, managed to resolve the issue? What might you have done that might have worked?
Are you sure you followed the guide provided in the guide/roadmap?

I managed to solve everyone's problem on my 1st playthrough, maybe you forgot 1 conversation on landings... just my 2 cents.

@CoolJosh3k : If you follow the guide and doesn't miss any conversation at the stray sheep or landings, there is no reason you don't unlock the corresponding achievements.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #9
Tyrantus

GeeksDontLie's Gamercard
I just followed the guide and it unlocked for me.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #10
CoolJosh3k

CoolJosh3k's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by amacteur View Post
Are you sure you followed the guide provided in the guide/roadmap?

I managed to solve everyone's problem on my 1st playthrough, maybe you forgot 1 conversation on landings... just my 2 cents.

@CoolJosh3k : If you follow the guide and doesn't miss any conversation at the stray sheep or landings, there is no reason you don't unlock the corresponding achievements.
I did it perfect more than 2 times, I'm sure. Possible I made a mistake, but I am inclined to side with the idea of a bug.

So many people have had this issue, I reckon they would have tried following the guide to the letter. Thing is, Todd still dies.

Managed to get it myself, finally. After several tries, I noticed that on one of the days, the twins Martha-Lindsay ask you a question that has to do with Todd. I answered Golf and it seems to be "what Todd would say too".
CoolJosh3k is offline   Reply With Quote