PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3 > Forces of Nature
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-17-2012, 04:09 AM   #1
AdHominem

"Forces of Nature" DLC

Edit:

The Forces of Nature DLC hits on Mar 27 for 800 MSP (free for Season Pass Owners)

thanks to Enjie:
The Achievements can be found here:

From the Frontpage (click me)

and here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=360778

New Weapon Skins can be found here (Thanks to Aqua18):
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=362630

thanks to Riphade 1:
Guardian will now SHARE ALL of it's medals with the exception of "Rescue".
- It won't work in Guardian as you can't actually capture the Leader
- Not sure on the "Capture" medal yet
Guardian matches will now count as CTL matches.
- i.e. You can have 2,000 matches in CTL and 1,000 in Guardian for your Onyx.
Still, only those who purchase or download the "Forces of Nature" DLC can play Guardian.
Also, the Leader will have the same X-Ray vision as you would in CTL.

thanks to Blerbman:
So basically, all we're getting is 5 maps (Jacinto, Raven's Down, Cove, Artillery and Aftermath), "elemental cleavers" for Horde mode and characters/weapon skins.

thanks to collin232:
4 skins (LE commando dom, LE savage elite grenadier, LE mechanic baird, and savage hunter) and 7 weapon skins, 5 available to use immediately and 2 unlockable.

thanks to lemonlacerater:
cove(beach map), artillery( missile silo), jacinto, raven down, and aftermath (a park after a tsunami). all maps will have weather type elements to them. (like tsunami, or snowstorm)

From our Site:

In addition to this, the DLC also includes Easter Eggs that offer up both Achievements and special new weapons, called Elemental Cleavers. These are hidden around the maps. Achievements are offered for finding them and getting 25 kills with each in Horde or Beast mode. There are 10 new achievements in total, for 250 Gamerscore.

Link: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...l-of-More.html

Completionist - currently 95% ~ 50.000GS

not finished:

- Dead or Alive 4 survival
- Mutant Storm reloaded

Last edited by AdHominem; 03-22-2012 at 06:16 PM. Reason: new Info
AdHominem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:26 AM   #2
Blerbman

I'm watching right now.

Jacinto is back.

Edit: LMAO... They used the render for the Savage Creeper when announcing the Savage Hunter.

So basically, all we're getting is 5 maps (Jacinto, Raven's Down, Cove, Artillery and Aftermath), "elemental cleavers" for Horde mode and characters/weapon skins.

No Beast content, as far as I know.

Last edited by Blerbman; 02-17-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Blerbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:34 AM   #3
collin232

iremnantsx's Gamercard
Jacinto!? Fuck yes. Did they go into detail about what elemental cleavers are?

Brohoof /)*(\
40000 GS reached 3/1/2014 Recon Battlefield 4 (Xbone)
collin232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:44 AM   #4
Blerbman

Nope.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mis...aled-on-gt-tv/

That's a link to all the information.

I love how stupid Epic has been with the Savage Marauder and Hunter. Seriously, does anyone proof-read this shit?
Old 02-17-2012, 06:52 AM   #5
collin232

iremnantsx's Gamercard
DLC includes the 5 maps above, 4 skins (LE commando dom, LE savage elite grenadier, LE mechanic baird, and savage hunter) and 7 weapon skins, 5 available to use immediately and 2 unlockable. There are also the elemental cleavers, which are easter eggs on the different maps, all of which are tied into achievements. DLC comes out March 27.

Brohoof /)*(\

Last edited by collin232; 02-17-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:01 AM   #6
Jaxson 66

Twobby's Gamercard
There had better be something to this DLC that they haven't let on about yet. "New" characters, weapon skins and 3 new maps (2 old), and cleavers? I was hoping for a little more than a map/skin pack. I'm really disappointed they didn't add something for Beast because it needs more waves and there are still open spots for different locusts you can be.
Jaxson 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #7
Ataxia

ChronosKaos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blerbman View Post
Nope.

That's a link to all the information.

I love how stupid Epic has been with the Savage Marauder and Hunter. Seriously, does anyone proof-read this shit?
Another Epic fail...

Ataxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:19 AM   #8
Sith Lord EDP

Sith Lord EDP's Gamercard
Isn't that the locust that came with the last DLC? Now they're really ripping us off if the same character is on two different DLCs.
Sith Lord EDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #9
Jaxson 66

Twobby's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataxia View Post
Another Epic fail...

Maybe the Creeper is the savage hunter LE. Some of us have access to the other 3 anyway. Lazy bastids.

/sarcasm
Jaxson 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #10
collin232

iremnantsx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson 66 View Post
Maybe the Creeper is the savage hunter LE. Some of us have access to the other 3 anyway. Lazy bastids.

/sarcasm
That locust is the only new character that they're gonna add to this dlc. The rest are slightly discolored preorder characters.

Brohoof /)*(\
Old 02-17-2012, 07:37 AM   #11
Rednacht

tastey poison's Gamercard
That was just an info screw up. The retards at GTTV thought the new savage hunter character was the savage marauder that we got in the 3rd DLC. The savage hunter is the character skin we thought was going to be in dlc 3 but epic pulled a switch with them.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:56 AM   #12
The Dark Ire

The Dark Ire's Gamercard
As far as I am concerned, this new pack looks like shit. Re-hashed MP skins, more weapons skins that I could care less about, and a few new maps. Maps are great and all, but ehh. I could take it or leave it. The elemental cleavers sound cheesey.

Not excited anymore. New beast content would have been kickass.
-Syndicate
The Dark Ire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:58 AM   #13
The Game 2k12

The Game 2k12's Gamercard
Quote:
In addition to the maps, Fergusson revealed to GT.TV that the DLC will include a few Easter Eggs of sorts – four special weapons hidden in the maps called “Elemental Cleavers”. As an example of what you can expect, you'll be able to locate a “snow cleaver” that can gust an icy breeze at an enemy and stun them from a distance or an “emulsion cleaver” that explodes on impact and does a small amount of AOE burning damage to nearby enemies (in addition to the normal cleaver damage). Also, there are Achievements tied to these weapons for anyone that can find these cleavers and get 25 kills with them in Horde or Beast mode.
The Game 2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:23 AM   #14
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Now where are all of those people that were saying "It's definitely going to be Beast DLC" in the 'announcement soon' thread I started??

People never learn that you shouldn't use the word 'definitely' when it comes to future news from Epic.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #15
The Dark Ire

The Dark Ire's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun72 View Post
Now where are all of those people that were saying "It's definitely going to be Beast DLC" in the 'announcement soon' thread I started??

People never learn that you shouldn't use the word 'definitely' when it comes to future news from Epic.
Just wanted to tell you that Cold fucking rocks. Love that band. That is all.
-Syndicate
Old 02-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #16
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Ire View Post
Just wanted to tell you that Cold fucking rocks. Love that band. That is all.
Thank you for being only the second person in four years to get the meaning of my avatar and GT.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #17
The Dark Ire

The Dark Ire's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun72 View Post
Thank you for being only the second person in four years to get the meaning of my avatar and GT.
Lol I saw that the first time I ever saw any of your posts, just decided to finally say something. I was glad to see them release "Superfiction", that album was awesome. Plus I just wanted to see new material by them. Glad they ain't a dead band yet

Oh and Scooter Ward has an epic voice. Just sayin'.

I sound like a raving fangirl now.
-Syndicate
Old 02-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #18
FiReStOrM^

xFiRe5tOrMx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i absolutely can't belive this. i am not surprised tho as this is what i expected, but i was hoping for more.

epic are no different than any of the other devs imo. they go on about for the community and all that jazz but seriously.

they took our money nice and early with the season pass and now they just don't care. why would they? ridiculous.
FiReStOrM^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #19
CHICHO

Send a message via Skype™ to CHICHO

MegaLinkX's Gamercard
Why are there a bunch of cry babies about this new map pack? They're giving us maps, weapon skins and characters for ten bucks. Other companies charge you the same or more for the same amount or less maps and that's all. Quit bitching and play this amazing game and it's awesome add-ons.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:11 AM   #20
Blerbman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICHO View Post
Why are there a bunch of cry babies about this new map pack? They're giving us maps, weapon skins and characters for ten bucks. Other companies charge you the same or more for the same amount or less maps and that's all. Quit bitching and play this amazing game and it's awesome add-ons.
I'm upset because I'm getting content I already own. I already had all of the preorder characters, I don't want a carbon-copy taking up room on the character select screen.

Sure, I got them for free, but would you like paying for something you already own?

If they would have made a "Pre-order character pack" or something, I wouldn't have given two shits.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #21
CHICHO

MegaLinkX's Gamercard
I have the characters and I don't care because Epic is not concerned with just one player. They are concerned with all and not all got every character. Some didn't even get one. And also, you are getting maps and weapon skins. The maps alone are worth it but we also get extra. It's not exactly what YOU want but it is nice to have the extras.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #22
fatboyamis

I don't know why everyone is moaning. If you've bought the season pass its technically free.

However I do hope there aren't many achievements linked to it and they save the remaining gamerscore ( as they said its going to be 2000) on something cool like beast or campaign etc
fatboyamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #23
CHICHO

MegaLinkX's Gamercard
It's not free but it is cheaper (I guess technically) so it's still pretty f'n sweet.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #24
Blerbman

Quote:
I have the characters and I don't care because Epic is not concerned with just one player. They are concerned with all and not all got every character. Some didn't even get one. And also, you are getting maps and weapon skins. The maps alone are worth it but we also get extra. It's not exactly what YOU want but it is nice to have the extras.
I understand that it all isn't about me or what I want...

I'm saying that this entire goddamn situation could have been avoided if they had just released all the LE versions after the Season Pass. What exactly is wrong with that?

The rest of the DLC is perfectly fine with me. I get my favourite map back, Jacinto, AND Guardian, my favourite Gears 2 gamemode. I'm ecstatic. However, I'm upset that I'll have these extra characters for no reason. If I could remove them from the CSS then I wouldn't even care, it's just having them there to take up space is annoying.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #25
CHICHO

MegaLinkX's Gamercard
Quote:
I understand that it all isn't about me or what I want...

I'm saying that this entire goddamn situation could have been avoided if they had just released all the LE versions after the Season Pass. What exactly is wrong with that?

The rest of the DLC is perfectly fine with me. I get my favourite map back, Jacinto, AND Guardian, my favourite Gears 2 gamemode. I'm ecstatic. However, I'm upset that I'll have these extra characters for no reason. If I could remove them from the CSS then I wouldn't even care, it's just having them there to take up space is annoying.
Yeah I understand your point but it is what it is. I personally am excited 100% for everything that the DLC has. I just wish it was coming out sooner.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #26
Blerbman

Quote:
Yeah I understand your point but it is what it is. I personally am excited 100% for everything that the DLC has. I just wish it was coming out sooner.
Yup, lol. I'll get over it eventually.

I'm very excited as well, because Guardian and Jacinto <3. Cove and Artillery look sick as well.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #27
CHICHO

MegaLinkX's Gamercard
Quote:
Yup, lol. I'll get over it eventually.

I'm very excited as well, because Guardian and Jacinto <3. Cove and Artillery look sick as well.
I'm excited to get Raven Down back. That's the best map for TDM/Execution/Warzone.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #28
Ataxia

ChronosKaos's Gamercard
We should be getting this character...

Ataxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #29
Unreal Skill

Unreal Skill 85's Gamercard
Concidering I already have 3 of the new characters i feel ripped off again. Also i dont like elements interfering with gameplay on gears. Especiallly dont like the sound of not being to see in front of you because of snow the whole game on raven down that sounds shit

Unreal Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #30
Jimcp88

Jimcp88's Gamercard
Is there an actual achievment list known already apart from the info of the easter eggs having to do something with them?