PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Armored Core 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-28-2007, 03:23 PM   #1
Zeta333

Send a message via AIM to Zeta333

Zeta333's Gamercard
Mission Help Thread

This is a thread for help on any mission , just post what you need help on and someone will help u. Mods please move the other threads into this one.

Pillar Of Light:

I had some troubles with this one , i would unload all my ammo and everything into it and it wouldnt die at all. But then i found a small dome on the ground underneath that structure type thing as u fly to the cannon, blowing that up will take out the cannons sheild then just hammer at it with Nade luanchers and your good.

Courage and Honor
Mess with the best, Die like the rest.
We Are the Space Marines , Champions of Humanity
"Die?" Kurt Laughed "Didn't you know" He looked at the Elite "Spartans never Die........"
I walk in the shadow of The Valley of Death becuase i have no Fear.
Zeta333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:40 PM   #2
deathbypig37x

deathbypig x3h's Gamercard

Awards Showcase UMK3 Runner-up   Gears of War Annex Challenge Third Place
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I don't know what to tell you for your mission. Sorry. It's all basically centered around what weapons you use.
Fighting 1 next: use all missles or Kojima Rifles
Multiplte nexts: use Kojima Rifles and SOME missles
Fighting Normals: use machine guns, grenade launchers, or missles
All of the above: you may need a sword.
deathbypig37x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:59 AM   #3
KSA112190

XlX TANK XlX's Gamercard
Chapter 5: SOL DIOS Help

I dont understand what to do here. It says to shoot the guns as they are charging up to fire. I do that but it doesnt do anything. Can anyone help?
Old 03-31-2007, 02:48 AM   #4
KSA112190

XlX TANK XlX's Gamercard
Nevermind I got it
Old 03-31-2007, 06:55 AM   #5
an7man

an7man's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to destroy the floating fortresses. I can destroy one but I cant destroy multiple ones..
I only have 2 or 3 missions left and these are the ones that are causing much stress.

an7man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
KSA112190

XlX TANK XlX's Gamercard
What do you mean by floating fortress? What is the mission name?
Old 04-02-2007, 12:29 AM   #7
Tw1st3d Fate

A Common Cent's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
He probably means the Mission Firely
Old 04-02-2007, 03:26 AM   #8
an7man

an7man's Gamercard

I meant on the Mission Operation Ascend. There the flying ...uh fortresses lol i don't know how much more i can explain. It looks like a ball floating in the air.

EDIT: Also help on Mission Firefly. These are the only two left. there so hard. Does anyone have schematic that they can give me, that has already passed this mission with.

Last edited by an7man; 04-02-2007 at 05:16 AM.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:30 PM   #9
KSA112190

XlX TANK XlX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by an7man View Post
I meant on the Mission Operation Ascend. There the flying ...uh fortresses lol i don't know how much more i can explain. It looks like a ball floating in the air.

EDIT: Also help on Mission Firefly. These are the only two left. there so hard. Does anyone have schematic that they can give me, that has already passed this mission with.
I also need help with these. Does anyone one have a good strategy to use?
Old 04-02-2007, 08:45 PM   #10
deathbypig37x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSA112190 View Post
I also need help with these. Does anyone one have a good strategy to use?
Yes, I do. When fighting Aerial Fortresses, such as the ones on "firefly" and "Ascend" on hard, use kojima rifles.

BEST STRATEGY FOR ANY MISSION WITH STRONG FOES:
use kojima weapons.
The strongest kind, I think is the back-mounted Kojima cannons, then the kojima arms, then the actual rifles.

if you've played any multiplayer you KNOW what kojima guns are.

Last edited by deathbypig37x; 04-02-2007 at 08:48 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:04 AM   #11
an7man

an7man's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbypig37x View Post
Yes, I do. When fighting Aerial Fortresses, such as the ones on "firefly" and "Ascend" on hard, use kojima rifles.

BEST STRATEGY FOR ANY MISSION WITH STRONG FOES:
use kojima weapons.
The strongest kind, I think is the back-mounted Kojima cannons, then the kojima arms, then the actual rifles.

if you've played any multiplayer you KNOW what kojima guns are.
Those Kojima guns made me die faster if anything the cannons only have 8 or 10 shots and the rifles were the same.....

You mean you passed the level using these weapons only??.......I am impressed if you did.because i waste most of my ammo working my way up one Operation Ascend.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:12 PM   #12
KSA112190

XlX TANK XlX's Gamercard
I just did them. I used grenade cannons and then just jumped on top of them and slashed them with my sword a few times. Worked for both missions. I have 970 now.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:52 PM   #13
deathbypig37x

Quote:
Originally Posted by an7man View Post
Those Kojima guns made me die faster if anything the cannons only have 8 or 10 shots and the rifles were the same.....

You mean you passed the level using these weapons only??.......I am impressed if you did.because i waste most of my ammo working my way up one Operation Ascend.
On Firefly, all you need is the kojima cannons, but on ascend you need to use a hand grenade launcher to take out each level, then use the kojima weapons on the 3 fortresses on top.
I even told my friend this yesterday and he,as well, got rank S.
Don't know what else to tell you.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:44 AM   #14
Spot2009

Spot2004's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
How the hell do I do the juggernaut mission? All they tell me to do is to shoot some rectifier crap, but I can never find the last one. Is it that weird green spinny circle on the bottom of it?

EDIT: how do I do Ego Boost, even on normal? Those guys take me out within a second and I have 50000 PA.

12345 GS - 2/7/07
22222 GS - 5/15/07
34567 GS - 7/20/08

Last edited by Spot2009; 04-08-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Spot2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:30 PM   #15
deathbypig37x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot2009 View Post
How the hell do I do the juggernaut mission? All they tell me to do is to shoot some rectifier crap, but I can never find the last one. Is it that weird green spinny circle on the bottom of it?

EDIT: how do I do Ego Boost, even on normal? Those guys take me out within a second and I have 50000 PA.
Answer to 1st question:
Just keep shooting, din't worry about what the lady says. Get missles or something, and a weapon on your shoulder. Just keep pressing 'x', 'a', and 'b' at the same time until the thing dies. (but remember to run away before you explode)

Answer to 2nd question:
The mechs come carried by helicopters, the first wave of them come off in the distance, just turn right when you spawn and head in the direction until you see them. Kill them BEFORE they get dropped down. Piece of cake!

Now here's MY predicament:
How do I beat Aerial Interdiction on hard? There are just TOO many helicopters. I never get killed, not even by the fortress, but helicopters always get away from me. I'll kill the train, but miss ONE or TWO choppers, and I lose. Any help?
EDIT: I beat it and got 'S' rank. I didn't know you only had to blow up the big helicopters...easy S after I figured that out.

Last edited by deathbypig37x; 04-17-2007 at 12:30 AM.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:09 AM   #16
Clockeye

Clockeye's Gamercard
this is a general question but i didn't wanna start a thread for it

if i advance a chapter without beating all the stages in that chapter, can i still go back and beat them now? do i have to beat the last mission in the game first? how does that work? i could figure this out on my own but im not at home right now and am kinda concerned, thanks

also, can u play missions repeatedly to get more money? i would imagine yes
Clockeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:18 PM   #17
deathbypig37x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockeye View Post
this is a general question but i didn't wanna start a thread for it

if i advance a chapter without beating all the stages in that chapter, can i still go back and beat them now? do i have to beat the last mission in the game first? how does that work? i could figure this out on my own but im not at home right now and am kinda concerned, thanks

also, can u play missions repeatedly to get more money? i would imagine yes
You can advance the chapter and go back and forwarth THROUGH chapters using the bumpers. If you press "x", you change the difficulty.
You can beat chapter 6 to be able to "mission select" which lay out all the mssions for you in an organized manner.

I think you can replay missions for maney, but if you get past chapter 3 or 4, and do the data packs, money will NOT be an issue.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:59 AM   #18
****-[C]rockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
Pillar Of Light:

I had some troubles with this one , i would unload all my ammo and everything into it and it wouldnt die at all. But then i found a small dome on the ground underneath that structure type thing as u fly to the cannon, blowing that up will take out the cannons sheild then just hammer at it with Nade luanchers and your good.
Equip 2 MoonLights(swords) . . .Dodge all cimcoming fire and boost like heck to get to the big tower, now there is a big shield around it right. . . well go inside!!!. . .And now u see there is this wierd box thing that has lots of lines. . . .---->

Now stand on the very top line and double slash twice, now it is detroyed, now fly out and stay out of firing range till mission complete

I have question, I Have got S rank on all missions in normal yet no achievement, why not?
****-[C]rockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:31 AM   #19
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I'm having trouble with the Elimination Mission on hard that is inside some normal factory. The normals blow me up really quickly. I pretty much die instantly in the second room. Any advice on how to do this and get an S ranking?
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:06 AM   #20
xX|Triple K|Xx B100dh0uNd

Everest 06's Gamercard
Can anyone help me with the first mission in chapter 4? There are so many enemies coming from so many places i don't know where to shoot! I take out wave after wave but they get so close to the ship i have to protect that i have to go into close range combat which is really pissing hard. Any hints on how to do this on hard?
Call of Duty 5 (1000)
Mass Effect (1000)
Midnight Club: Los Angeles (1250)
Crackdown (1250)
Call of Duty 4
Fable II (1000)

Working On:
Red Faction: Guerilla (730)
Prototype (840)
Gears of War 2 (1625)
Far Cry 2 (720)
Unreal Tournament 3 (930)
Dead Space (260)
xX|Triple K|Xx B100dh0uNd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:54 PM   #21
deathbypig37x

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX|Triple K|Xx B100dh0uNd View Post
Can anyone help me with the first mission in chapter 4? There are so many enemies coming from so many places i don't know where to shoot! I take out wave after wave but they get so close to the ship i have to protect that i have to go into close range combat which is really pissing hard. Any hints on how to do this on hard?
Check the guide if you need ay help, but if you get nill from that, PM me or message me on what you need help in. I'm like the general Armored Core assitant witht the full 1000.(Twisted has it too, but he rarely gets on the forums)
Old 08-09-2007, 04:25 PM   #22
II M0n3ySh0T II

II M0n3ySh0T II's Gamercard
Cool Operation ascend help

This is what i did to s rank the mission on hard. i got a perma-flight mech, but still pretty fast. i had 1 shoulder kojima and 2 moonlights.

Now, how you can get off to a good start is by saving health. As soon and the mission starts, get off the ground and start flying above the glass. There is a hole in the side of the large structure that you can just jump right into. As soon as you get in start charging your kojima cannon. After that ignore the turrets and ground enemies. just hit the fan like things in the middle and break it down with 1 slice. now when you get to the top the 3 Fermis are waiting for you, armed and dangerous. So i shot one with my Kojima , killed it, then i went back down the tube onto a ledge, charged my kojima. And when my kojima was charged i jumped out shot one. If you go behind a fermi there are 2 tanks you slice that once or twice with moonlights, bye bye fermi. And keep in mind that while you are moving up the tunnel there are bombs being dropped so heads up.
II M0n3ySh0T II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:27 PM   #23
II M0n3ySh0T II

II M0n3ySh0T II's Gamercard
shinobi

Shinobi AS Missiles are your best bet for that level, that level i found to be extremely difficult.
II M0n3ySh0T II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:13 PM   #24
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by II M0n3ySh0T II View Post
This is what i did to s rank the mission on hard. i got a perma-flight mech, but still pretty fast. i had 1 shoulder kojima and 2 moonlights.

Now, how you can get off to a good start is by saving health. As soon and the mission starts, get off the ground and start flying above the glass. There is a hole in the side of the large structure that you can just jump right into. As soon as you get in start charging your kojima cannon. After that ignore the turrets and ground enemies. just hit the fan like things in the middle and break it down with 1 slice. now when you get to the top the 3 Fermis are waiting for you, armed and dangerous. So i shot one with my Kojima , killed it, then i went back down the tube onto a ledge, charged my kojima. And when my kojima was charged i jumped out shot one. If you go behind a fermi there are 2 tanks you slice that once or twice with moonlights, bye bye fermi. And keep in mind that while you are moving up the tunnel there are bombs being dropped so heads up.
Charge Kojimas? Hold down the fire button and it charges? OMG I was only pulling the trigger wondering why they were so good... I ended up using moonlight blades to kill all Fermis and it was so hard.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:15 PM   #25
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by II M0n3ySh0T II View Post
Shinobi AS Missiles are your best bet for that level, that level i found to be extremely difficult.
I ended up using 2 EN rifles for the first room and yeah, shoulder mounted AS missiles fired through the doorways on the second room thanks alot for the info.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:53 PM   #26
Despised Icon

Maggot x360a's Gamercard
If anyone is in need of help, please ask me through the forums or on Xbox Live. I also got 1000 in this and am the one whom wrote the achievement guide. I did most of the game without any kojima weapons as they aren't the greatest for many situations.
Despised Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:54 PM   #27
dragontwister11
Banned User

dragontwister11's Gamercard
Fire fly

If you dont have the moon sword thing what is the next best weapon to kill the fortess guy

Also is the fortress guy touching the water (or close) or is he floating higher
dragontwister11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:20 PM   #28
Tricka21

Tricka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Yeah i need some help on the mission SEA OF BLOOD please, the AC on this level keeps obliterating me so could someone give out a suggestion on what weapons i should use against this A hole. Thanks in advance
Tricka21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:52 PM   #29
MT&^

To destroy flying fortresses

Ok here it is, Operation Ascend (Hard mode): What I use are two extra long laser blades for my weapons and on your shoulders use either the self tracking rockets or flares, do not equip your AC with any other weapons so as to keep it as light as possible. When you start the scenario use the over boost and rush the entrance side stepping the guns that are in front of the opening, go in and fly up to the first fan like object and use your laser blade on the middle part of it in order to destroy it. Do this with each of the remaining ones keeping in mind that there will also be this floating weapon that will try to destroy you so you may want to take it out first. Also each time you destroy one of those fan like objects get over to the side quickly otherwise when it falls it will take you with it! Once you have destroyed all the fan like objects and your at the top there will be one more of those floating weapons so take it out and QUICKLY!!! exit out of the top and go to the first of the three floating fortresses, get on top and keep slaming it with your laser blade until it is destroyed then go to the next and then the next. While going from one fortress to the next use your shoulder device (either self tracking rockets or flares) in order to counter the rockets that the fortresses will be shooting at you. While dealing with the fortresses try to stay as low as possible otherwise the laser canons on the ground will destroy you!!! You will probably have to try this several times but it can be done. Disregard the enemy on the ground when you first start this scenario, just get by them and into the building where you can start your ascent. I hope this helps. MT&^
MT&^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:22 PM   #30
CienPR

Pelao y Famoso's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricka21 View Post
Yeah i need some help on the mission SEA OF BLOOD please, the AC on this level keeps obliterating me so could someone give out a suggestion on what weapons i should use against this A hole. Thanks in advance
Try the kojima arms with the ogotos on the back, the kojima will take care of the 1st AC and if you still need for the 2nd the ogotos should do the trick. Also eliminate all the normals before engaging the 1st AC
CienPR is offline   Reply With Quote