Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dark Souls
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-07-2015, 09:09 AM   #1
brent420

B Scrizzle21's Gamercard
Need help

Kinda new to the game not sure what I'm doing had some questions

Which blacksmith can upgrade crystal weapons?
How can I join another players world to help them beat a boss?
Is it better to keep leveling character or more weapons?
Is this one of those games that as u become a high lvl with better equipment things get easier or still difficult all the way threw?
brent420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:27 AM   #2
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent420 View Post
The Giant Blacksmith in Anor Londo does. You will first need to get the crystal ember from The Duke's Archive however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent420
You need to be in human form and use the "White Sign Soapstone" in a boss area that is found in your inventory after speaking with Solaire of Astoria in the Undead Burg. Be sure to answer "yes" to both of his questions to receive it. Defeating the area boss will yield you a humanity and a decent amount of souls.

Quote:
In my opinion I recommend primarily upgrading your weapons/armor. You don't want to be a super high level with crummy weapons, but a super low level with top-quality gear? That's what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Is this one of those games that as u become a high lvl with better equipment things get easier or still difficult all the way threw?
As you level up it will definitely be harder for certain enemies to kill you though I wouldn't underestimate them, especially in a game like this. The more you play the game the more familiar you become with the enemies' attacks and discover the best way to eliminate them.
Latest arcade completion: Brothers

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 06:13 PM   #3
brent420

B Scrizzle21's Gamercard
I have two crystal swords but I still need crystal ember to reach crystal +5 weapon? If so okay I think I'm just gonna go back threw the game farming souls then as every boss is destroying me
brent420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 06:58 PM   #4
Slaughter.
Best of 2014

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Kinda new to the game not sure what I'm doing had some questions

• The giant blacksmith in Anor Londo upgrades crystal weapons.
  • You get the shire sign soapstone from Solaire after you exhaust his dialogue in the Undead Parish before the Hellkite Dragon's bridge.
  • More weapons I'd say, because stats don't determine how easy or difficult the game is, but do level up your character a bit though so you can use more weapons.
  • Its difficult all the way through but it gets easier and more fun when you start to understand the mechanics and adapt to the steep learning curve.

Check the Dark Souls Wikidot for information on bosses, weapons, and anything else you might be wondering about this game.

Staff Club Breakdown
My Gallery
| XBA Blog
I put the laughter in slaughter.
Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:56 PM   #5
ImaginaryRuins

imaginaryruins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
I have two crystal swords but I still need crystal ember to reach crystal +5 weapon? If so okay I think I'm just gonna go back threw the game farming souls then as every boss is destroying me
In order to get those normal weapons to max level, yes, you need those Embers. You may consider using special / boss soul weapons since they do not need Embers to upgrade to max, BUT they need those rare raw materials to upgrade.

Anyway, do you have the Drake Sword? It's a really powerful weapon at the early stage of the game.

Bosses in the Dark Souls series are known for their toughness, but they are all fair challenges. You are expected to die a lot and learn their attacks & your attack windows in the process. Don't give up; that feeling when you finally overcome a boss is simply unforgetable.

1st 1000G: Batman Arkham Asylum (PC)
1st Xbox360 game: Trusty Bell Chopin no Yume / Eternal Sonata
1st Xbox One game: Child of Light

1st Xbox360 player to obtain Obsessive Compulsive (collect all loots in a single chapter) in Thief on 25/2/2014 at Trueachievements.org

ImaginaryRuins is offline   Reply With Quote