PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > Warp
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-16-2012, 01:50 AM   #1
MR X 93

MR X 93's Gamercard
When should I begin to backtrack? *minor spoilers*

I just got the Swap ability in the Aqua Center, am I good to start backtracking? Or is there more I need?

And just another question, without spoiling please, is there a point of no return? Or can you play from your last save after the game? Or what?
MR X 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:45 AM   #2
13ip0lar

Zweipolig's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR X 93 View Post
I just got the Swap ability in the Aqua Center, am I good to start backtracking? Or is there more I need?

And just another question, without spoiling please, is there a point of no return? Or can you play from your last save after the game? Or what?
Before you free the guy communicating with you in the Lab. The little fairy alien. I believe you are good up until the point you put an explosive barrel in the tube. This is near the end of the game but not the end. I wasn't able to get into the top area of the Laboratory level after I freed him. Another person on the forums said they had the same issues. So if you wanna grab all the grubs and film on the first go. Make sure to grab all that stuff first before freeing him.

I hate people... But don't worry, if you are reading this it likely means I don't hate you. Why? People can't read.

13ip0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:57 AM   #3
Xer0 Ph0kus

Xer0 Ph0kus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ip0lar View Post
Before you free the guy communicating with you in the Lab. The little fairy alien. I believe you are good up until the point you put an explosive barrel in the tube. This is near the end of the game but not the end. I wasn't able to get into the top area of the Laboratory level after I freed him. Another person on the forums said they had the same issues. So if you wanna grab all the grubs and film on the first go. Make sure to grab all that stuff first before freeing him.
Thanks for the heads up. I just got my swap ability too so I guess its time to start working my way backwards to get some of those grubs.
Xer0 Ph0kus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ip0lar View Post
Are you absolutely sure you can't reach that area? After the boss battle where you have to put explosives in it's path and then warp and explode him 3 times, you go up to continue. I went down instead, and was able to easily just warp over to the bottom area. If you can reach that point you can just warp up. I find it hard to believe the developers would let you get to this tube area you blew up and go backwards. The lab would be a b*tch to backtrack. I don't even think it's very possible!
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
Ravenhood

Revid Cargian's Gamercard
It's completely possible; I can vouch for this, as my first playthrough, I spent just shy of six hours in my first playthrough, first progressing normally and then going back through every single room of every floor to make sure I got every collectible and killed as many people as possible (for the Consequence achievement/ending).

The section where you fight the last remaining creature is accessible, post-battle, from the southern end of that room. (NOTE: I have yet to test whether or not the room is still accessible through the hole in the roof above that room post-battle, so if anyone knows this, let me know here.) On your playthrough, you'll make your way to an elevator that's just south of the creatures' room, with a turret and grub near the door. If there's a barrel or something warpable on the other side of the large door, you can swap over and redo the dark sections with the glowy egg things.

Also keep in mind I didn't do a single bit of backtracking until I had already found my way towards the submarine. I left the pre-sub and submarine areas for dead-last, but it was only at that point that I started backtracking, and I was able to reach every other room in the base with little trouble (just a loooooot of backtracking and figuring out which elevators led where).

Retail: 37

Arcade: 66

Currently 21st for Most Completed Arcade Games
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st to complete 3 Retail, 5 XBLA, 1 DLC - 2nd to complete 2 Retail, 2 XBLA, 4 DLC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Ravenhood; 02-19-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Edited sentence for more context
Ravenhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #6
Groat Hardstroke

GroatHardstroke's Gamercard
I found myself backtracking right before I reached the sub. I needed some things left in the laboratory and ran into the same problem.

I made my way to the drop where you initially fought the speedy boss guy. It was blocked with the warp barrel gone, but I stacked three boxes in front of the blockaded door. Once I warped up them to the top box, I could warp onto the top of the wall and drop down. I could then go over to the hole towards the boss. It triggers the jump down cutscene again, but no boss fight don't worry.
Groat Hardstroke is offline   Reply With Quote