PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Street Fighter X Tekken
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
12 DLC characters announced!

EDIT: These were originally announced as Vita characters, and while it was pretty obvious that they would find their way to the console versions, it is now 100% confirmed.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston...ersary_details

Quote:
Last week we released the final four characters "playable at launch" for Street Fighter X Tekken. Today we can elaborate on the quoted distinction by revealing 12 new characters for the PlayStation Vita version of the game. Guy, Cody, Dudley, Elena, Sakura and Blanka join the Street Fighter cast, while the Tekken side gains Alisa Bosconovitch, Bryan Fury, Christie Monteiro, Jack, Lars Alexandersson and Lei Wulong.

The Vita version is set to arrive later this year. That's quite an updated roster, and I'm personally happy to see Blanka, Sakura and Bryan Fury make the cut.

This news comes alongside a reminder that the console version of SFxT will receive new features and DLC over the months. Most importantly, the game you buy on March 6 will be the only disc-based version of Street Fighter X Tekken needed to access these updates.
For easier reference:

Street Fighter:
-Guy
-Cody
-Dudley
-Elena
-Sakura
-Blanka

Tekken:
-Alisa
-Bryan
-Christie
-Jack
-Lars
-Lei

Exact packaging and pricing details are unknown at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 03-03-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:46 AM   #2
Cloak

Send a message via AIM to Cloak Send a message via MSN to Cloak

The Snapple Cap's Gamercard
that's annoying :l

Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
M1 Punk

M1 Punk's Gamercard
Yep, they continue to remove content from the game and sell it as DLC later on. If you think about it, they're still releasing a "Super" version of the game.

Curious if it will be sold in packs or just like Arcade Edition, 1200 MP for all.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #4
TacticalElusion

TacticalElusion's Gamercard
I feel like my main character is being held for ransom

TacticalElusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #5
KingMythik

KingMythik's Gamercard
Wow, so annoying. Just as annoying as Sony getting the 4 exclusive characters because Microsoft didn't want to get any. GG
KingMythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #6
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Those 6 tekken characters are pretty well known, they should probably be there in the first place.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
Suiken

Mr Suplex's Gamercard
I'm actually glad we don't get any of those stupid PS3 exclusive characters like Cole and Pacman. They all look lame as hell to me.
Suiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #8
Chrise

chrisedo7's Gamercard
Just like Suiken, I'm glad, too that only Sony got those lame characters. Pacman and Megaman would fit into UMvC3 but not into this game! And don't get me started on those stupid cats! Cole on the other hand looks cool to me.
Anyway, it's good as it is, and even if we have to pay for the 12 extra characters, I'll gladly do that.
Chrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #9
Suiken

Mr Suplex's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrise View Post
Just like Suiken, I'm glad, too that only Sony got those lame characters. Pacman and Megaman would fit into UMvC3 but not into this game! And don't get me started on those stupid cats! Cole on the other hand looks cool to me.
Anyway, it's good as it is, and even if we have to pay for the 12 extra characters, I'll gladly do that.
Yeah, Cole is the only half-decent one...but I still prefer it to be just Tekken and SF characters...
Suiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:17 AM   #10
Klint Beastw00d

Klint Beastw00d's Gamercard
I was hoping Alisa, Lars, and Blanka would all be on the game to begin with.
Klint Beastw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #11
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
There's just no winning with some of you, is there? If they don't announce DLC then people whine that it means there'll be a Super version down the line, and if they do announce DLC then people whine that they're stripping content and it should have all been there from the start.

DLC characters for fighting games are not uncommon in the least. Mortal Kombat has 4, BlazBlue: CS has 3, KOFXIII has 3 (and counting?). Take off the hate colored glasses, quit demonizing everything Capcom does and realize this is a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrosugar View Post
Those 6 tekken characters are pretty well known, they should probably be there in the first place.
Is there any Tekken character in the game that's not pretty well known? You make your statement like they only put filler characters in the game.

Quote:
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

Last edited by Veedrock; 02-24-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #12
M1 Punk

M1 Punk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
There's just no winning with some of you, is there? If they don't announce DLC then people whine that there'll be a Super version down the line, and if they do announce DLC then people whine that they're stripping content.

Is there any Tekken in the game that's not pretty well known? You say that like there's only lesser characters in the game right now.
The fact that they showed Cody and Guy in a trailer a couple of months ago kinda says that they removed them from the current roster in order to sell as DLC. Now that.. is BULLSHIT!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
WREQUIEM

wrequ1em's Gamercard
This has never happened before i am angry
WREQUIEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #14
Reckless586

reckless586's Gamercard
I believe this game shouldn't have any exclusive characters outside Street Fighter and Tekken's cannon. The game should just be about Street Fighter and Tekken. It's as if the two franchises aren't enough cannon's crossing in with each other.

I really don't mind paying extra for the DLC characters but if they are going to strip characters from the game and sell them as DLC they should either add more to the game to fill in the voids or reduce the game's MSRP Rating.

Last edited by Reckless586; 02-24-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Reckless586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:51 PM   #15
KingMythik

KingMythik's Gamercard
@Reckless, im assuming that they possibly removed those two as out of the box characters due to having so many modes that probably by giving too many options too quick might get people confused. This way by having optional dlc characters for the die hard fans on either side or a way to expand on the game through dlc instead of in disc so that they can fine tune the other characters and modes. tbh i don't mind, either way I'm going to be getting the game and the dlc characters.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #16
demonicalex

demonicalex's Gamercard
Announcing the dlc is one thing. Not having the "super version" of this game come out 8 months later, and adding even a few extra beyond the dlc is the real question. :/
demonicalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:14 PM   #17
KingMythik

KingMythik's Gamercard
its already been said there won't be a super/ultimate version. the next sf game will be tekken x street fighter next year which will use the tekken 3d style fighting and engine.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #18
WREQUIEM

wrequ1em's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonicalex View Post
Announcing the dlc is one thing. Not having the "super version" of this game come out 8 months later, and adding even a few extra beyond the dlc is the real question. :/
what's wrong with having a expanded version 8 MONTHS after it's release.
am i missing something?
WREQUIEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #19
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WREQUIEM View Post
what's wrong with having a expanded version 8 MONTHS after it's release.
am i missing something?
He's referencing Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and there were many many things wrong with how they handled that.

While I do think that worries about a similar incident occurring are valid, I'm confident that they won't be continuing the trend. Multiple sources from within Capcom, from community directors to head producers, have continued to assure us that there won't be another retail version of the game.

Quote:

Old 02-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #20
hydrosugar

Quote:
Is there any Tekken character in the game that's not pretty well known? You make your statement like they only put filler characters in the game.
Leo? Miguel? Zafina? They may be well known to you, but not everyone stays with the series over time. And I would argue all characters on that list are more well known than Bob. I mean Alisa and Lars are title characters. And I'm pretty sure Jack has been in every game since the series' inception.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:21 AM   #21
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrosugar
Leo? Miguel? Zafina?
...have you even looked at the roster for the game? Or is there a misunderstanding here?

Quote:

Old 02-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #22
hydrosugar

Quote:
...have you even looked at the roster for the game? Or is there a misunderstanding here?
I wasn't talking about characters in the game, I was referring to Tekken characters who may not be well known. And that was just based of possible old fans dropping the series. In general characters like P-Jack, Kunimitsu, Tetsujin, Combot and Unknown are pretty...well Unknown.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #23
Ayx

ayxism's Gamercard
If this is released, I hope all 12 or at least in packs of 4 are released. However, I hope it's only 1200 tops, as paying $45 for extra characters alone? I'd rather a new disc but that's not happening.
Ayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #24
hydrosugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayx View Post
If this is released, I hope all 12 or at least in packs of 4 are released. However, I hope it's only 1200 tops, as paying $45 for extra characters alone? I'd rather a new disc but that's not happening.
I highly doubt they will charge you $45 for 12 characters. You could argue they've done that with UMvC3 and SSF4, but this would be pushing it even for Capcom. Doubly so due to the fact these characters aren't "new", but rather console exclusives.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #25
ShadowStar Mila

I only know the characters from the trailers I seen (Im more of a tekken then SF an not to mention i prefer tekken over it anyday) atleast i know 2/3 of my main tekken characters are on the actual disc Lili and Asuka. As for SF If cammys on it then thats a win for me. For the DLC the only people that interest me is my second main SF character Sakura and elena and guy. Tekken Alisa and Lars. Everyone else it wont really matter for me since Ill never use them :I really wished the tekken version of this was coming out first.
ShadowStar Mila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:59 AM   #26
Arthur Timothy Read

FriedAsian97's Gamercard
What is Vita?
Arthur Timothy Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:31 AM   #27
ShadowStar Mila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Timothy Read View Post
What is Vita?
Playstation Vita (Handheld Game Console)
ShadowStar Mila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:14 AM   #28
Psycho0022

Psycho0022's Gamercard
Thumbs down

That is crap that I can't play as my favorite character from day 1 who has been a staple since Street Fighter 2.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #29
Arthur Timothy Read

FriedAsian97's Gamercard
Quote:
Playstation Vita (Handheld Game Console)
Thanks for answering. So does that mean Playstation users have to wait longer for character dlc than the Xbox?

EDIT: I just found out how to quote after this post

Last edited by Arthur Timothy Read; 03-02-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Arthur Timothy Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #30
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Timothy Read View Post
Thanks for answering. So does that mean Playstation users have to wait longer for character dlc than the Xbox?
No. Playstation Vita owners won't get SFxT until this fall, but that doesn't have any impact on the PS3. The PS3 version should have a parallel DLC release schedule to the Xbox.

Quote: