PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Street Fighter X Tekken
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-03-2012, 06:36 AM   #31
L Invictus

L Invictus's Gamercard
The only DLC character that I'm really looking forward to is Cody, who I hope will be available for download soon... I also wish that Bruce Irvin was placed in this game instead of Jack (possibly even Lei Wulong?)... Just saying.

Born, raised, lived, and escaped from where the wild things are.
L Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #32
WREQUIEM

wrequ1em's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by L Invictus View Post
The only DLC character that I'm really looking forward to is Cody, who I hope will be available for download soon... I also wish that Bruce Irvin was placed in this game instead of Jack (possibly even Lei Wulong?)... Just saying.
this is capcom. With all the dlc and supers they've done, i wouldn't be surpassed if they had more characters later on
WREQUIEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #33
L Invictus

L Invictus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WREQUIEM View Post
this is capcom. With all the dlc and supers they've done, i wouldn't be surpassed if they had more characters later on
While there might some comfort found in that idea, the potential cost of more DLC characters (and costumes) is a bit unappealing.

Born, raised, lived, and escaped from where the wild things are.
L Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #34
Peter Plarker

Peter Plarker's Gamercard
As long as it's reasonably priced, I am excited!
Peter Plarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #35
Square Woot

Square W00t's Gamercard
I'll look into these if they're not too pricey. Elena and Sakura are the only ones I'm really interested in; I'm just glad to see Elena make a return to the series, she played really neat in 3rd Strike.

I don't know much about the Tekken series, but I remember Alisa from 6. Bit of an annoying harlot, she seemed.
Square Woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #36
TheGlow

Theres a 7mb patch for the 360 iso to unlock all these characters.
Theyre already on the disc. how nice of Capcom to plan to charge us in November for them.
TheGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:41 AM   #37
FullgoreKI

FullgoreKI's Gamercard
For anyone wondering, the DLC characters are priced at 1600 MSP ($20) for all 12 of them.
FullgoreKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #38
WREQUIEM

wrequ1em's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow View Post
Theres a 7mb patch for the 360 iso to unlock all these characters.
Theyre already on the disc. how nice of Capcom to plan to charge us in November for them.
old news brah
WREQUIEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:51 AM   #39
PyreBall

Send a message via AIM to PyreBall Send a message via MSN to PyreBall Send a message via Yahoo to PyreBall

Biggreen719's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Awesome, my entire back up team is on that list: Guy, Sakura, Lei.
Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter IV, MvC3, Puzzle Quest, Halo: Reach, Madden 10, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 3,, Modern Warfare 3, Rock Band, MvC2, Battlefield 1943, Castle Crashers
PyreBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #40
xI WARFARE

John Rycroft's Gamercard
I haven't bought this game yet, I was wondering if they were going to release a different disc version of this game including the DLC characters like they did for SSFIV Arcade edition?

If they do, then i'll probably wait and buy that when it comes out. But it seems a little funny if they do release an updated disc version, because they would just be selling the exact same disc with a different title.

And they'll probably called it Super Street Fighter x Tekken Hyper Bunker Buster Mega Ultra Super Edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiken View Post
I'm actually glad we don't get any of those stupid PS3 exclusive characters like Cole and Pacman. They all look lame as hell to me.
This. They look retarded.

SSFIV - From C to shining C achievement unlocked!
xI WARFARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #41
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
I pray they don't add anymore achievements with these new guys.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 34
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #42
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xI WARFARE View Post
I haven't bought this game yet, I was wondering if they were going to release a different disc version of this game including the DLC characters like they did for SSFIV Arcade edition?

If they do, then i'll probably wait and buy that when it comes out. But it seems a little funny if they do release an updated disc version, because they would just be selling the exact same disc with a different title.

And they'll probably called it Super Street Fighter x Tekken Hyper Bunker Buster Mega Ultra Super Edition.

Capcom has already stated that they definitely will NOT do that this time. Any further content being released will be strictly over the Live marketplace. This information is provided in the OP of this very thread. Did you read the first post?
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:26 AM   #43
xI WARFARE

John Rycroft's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun72 View Post
Capcom has already stated that they definitely will NOT do that this time. Any further content being released will be strictly over the Live marketplace. This information is provided in the OP of this very thread. Did you read the first post?
Most importantly, the game you buy on March 6 will be the only disc-based version of Street Fighter X Tekken needed to access these updates

Okay so I missed one line. Shoot me.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #44
Dennoman

dennoman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xI WARFARE View Post
This. They look retarded.
I think you're somehow missing the point of what a crossover fighter should be. If you want something that's well-balanced and totally tournament-worthy, stick with the standard SF series. All the main tournaments around the world are still SSFIV: AE. SF X Tekken was never considered an actual tournament-worthy fighter, as it shouldn't be.

It's exactly the borderline anarchistic, crazy total lack of balance that gives this game its appeal, or at least for me. If you grew up with the crossover fighters of the early 90s, you'll know what I'm talking about. Play as any character from any series and have some fun with friends kicking their ass as the Sega AM 2 logo or Hornet, the default car from Daytona USA, or heck, why not as the uncanny PEPSIMAN?!

Games like the referenced Fighters Megamix or the Capcom versus series show us what it's all about as a fighting game fan. I hate all the nerd rages about balance and characters not fitting in a given picture. Aren't games supposed to be FUN? That's what the crossover fighters are all about for me. If you had similar complaints about an actual tournament fighter, I'd understand, at least partially. If you don't like a particular character, just don't play as him/her.

Dennoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #45
xI WARFARE

John Rycroft's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennoman View Post
I think you're somehow missing the point of what a crossover fighter should be. If you want something that's well-balanced and totally tournament-worthy, stick with the standard SF series. All the main tournaments around the world are still SSFIV: AE. SF X Tekken was never considered an actual tournament-worthy fighter, as it shouldn't be.

It's exactly the borderline anarchistic, crazy total lack of balance that gives this game its appeal, or at least for me. If you grew up with the crossover fighters of the early 90s, you'll know what I'm talking about. Play as any character from any series and have some fun with friends kicking their ass as the Sega AM 2 logo or Hornet, the default car from Daytona USA, or heck, why not as the uncanny PEPSIMAN?!

Games like the referenced Fighters Megamix or the Capcom versus series show us what it's all about as a fighting game fan. I hate all the nerd rages about balance and characters not fitting in a given picture. Aren't games supposed to be FUN? That's what the crossover fighters are all about for me. If you had similar complaints about an actual tournament fighter, I'd understand, at least partially. If you don't like a particular character, just don't play as him/her.
I never cared about the Tekken characters. I'm sure i'll enjoy them, but the whole reason i'm buying this game is because it's a new SF game also. I'm new to the fighting genre. And no I didn't grow up with the crossover characters.

People in this thread need to give me a break.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:44 PM   #46
dr latour

dr latour's Gamercard
Has anyone seen the replays with some of the dlc characters ? My brothers told me to watch julia and so far ive seen lars and dudley.
dr latour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #47
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
You don't like it speak with your wallet. Don't buy it. Sucks that you have to do that when the characters are on disk though. that's why I gave up buying stuff from Capcom.(except resident evil)
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #48
Onyok

Pardon me but i've got a penchant for anything limited collector's edition, so if i get this then these so called 12 new DLC characters are already included with this anniversary edition, right? It only says including all characters and Swap Costume DLC.

Anyone in the know?

Last edited by Onyok; 07-09-2012 at 02:54 AM. Reason: fixed the link
Onyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #49
Plym

PlymSol's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I don't know whether to buy the 12 new fighters or not.
I'm a huge SF and Tekken fan but this game has just left a bad taste in my mouth and 1600 is a bit much (even though I do have the points).

I think I've already got my mains though (Cammy & Guile) and I don't know if I'll ever play it much once I've got 1000G. On the other hand, I really like Dudley, Lars and Cody...

Arcade 200Gs
Worms, Banjo-Kazooie, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection, SF3: Online Edition
Streets of Rage 2
Plym is offline   Reply With Quote