Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Syndicate
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
H0p3sfalL
Coconut Dracula

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Worth a buy or rent?

I looked to see if any other threads were posted on this. As the title says, is it worth a buy(new/used/wait till it's cheap) or a rent ?

Last edited by H0p3sfalL; 02-22-2012 at 06:19 PM.
H0p3sfalL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
If I'm unsure about a game, I'll always rent it first. It's cheaper than buying it used, some of the time.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
JohnnyBoosh

Send a message via ICQ to JohnnyBoosh

subject j80's Gamercard
I'm going for the rent on this one. Would be a great rental for five days or so.
JohnnyBoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
Quantum Binman

Quantum Binman's Gamercard
If you are an FPS fan, then I would recommend it... about half way through so far and really enjoying it - will definitely have replay value for the CEO ratings achievement :-D
Quantum Binman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #5
H0p3sfalL
Coconut Dracula

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Awesome! thanks for the feedback
Old 02-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #6
IDiivil

Send a message via AIM to IDiivil

idiivil's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
So worth a buy for me, and I haven't felt that way about newly released games (save for Skyrim) in a little while.

Like my avatar? If so, you can see more of my modeling work at http://www.facebook.com/idiivil
IDiivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #7
Skitxo

Skitxo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDiivil View Post
So worth a buy for me, and I haven't felt that way about newly released games (save for Skyrim) in a little while.

Agreed. The Demo was amazing! The game is absolutley worth the buy. Very fast paced shooter and makes you think at the same time.

1000's : Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2, Lego Indiana Jones, Lost: Via Domus, Avatar TBE, Kung Fu Panda, SHReK the THiRD, Open Season, Spiderman: FoF, TMNT, Oblivion(1250), CSI: Hard Evidence, DAH! Path Of The Furon,

200's : Live Draft Tracker, UNO, Galaga, Dash of Destruction, Battlefield 1943
Skitxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #8
H0p3sfalL
Coconut Dracula

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Nice nice !
Old 02-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #9
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
The only things I dislike is how the co-op missions really are structured FOR co-op specifically. They are very hard solo I can tell already. There should have been an easier solo mode for those with no LIVE or something.

Also the bugs/freezes that sometimes occur, see my thread "Couple questions" for a full list that I have experienced.

Other than that, definite buy. Glad I got it, just hope Starbreeze can alleviate some of the bugs.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #10
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I love this game. I was looking forward to it, although I was skeptical a month ago before getting community feedback from developers about how close they stuck to the source material. The attention to details, especially toward the end, is amazing. They nod SO much to fans of the older games. The campaign is a little short, but it's probably because I want more that it feels short. I never felt bored or confused in the game, aside from one power relay point. They mix it up a LOT in the campaign, and they definitely make all the Syndicates feel a lot different. The acting is pretty good, and so is the animation. I'm a sucker for the "immersive" stuff, like seeing your character step in to things, pull switches, etc. That, along with chip effects (and things that effect your chip) make it a fun experience.

Coop is great, so far. It's definitely not something you can solo, so don't try to. I've only started up coop, so our Syndicate NEURODYNE hasn't really seen much aside from the first two missions.

This is the first game that's come around in a long time where I HOPE DLC comes out.

Auburok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:15 AM   #11
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburok View Post

Coop is great, so far. It's definitely not something you can solo, so don't try to. I've only started up coop, so our Syndicate NEURODYNE hasn't really seen much aside from the first two missions.

This is the first game that's come around in a long time where I HOPE DLC comes out.
Heh, we should play some 4 player soon
Unite our corporation members! Love the Syndicate name by the way.

Man I thought for sure id just badass my way through these missions, got my ass handed to me on a few occasions on normal...lol
I really hope they do some Co op DLC for this and sooner than later.

Game is definitely worth a buy imo.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:22 AM   #12
Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Heh, we should play some 4 player soon
Unite our corporation members! Love the Syndicate name by the way.

Man I thought for sure id just badass my way through these missions, got my ass handed to me on a few occasions on normal...lol
I really hope they do some Co op DLC for this and sooner than later.

Game is definitely worth a buy imo.
Soon enough! We were playing catch up, but I think we're caught up in level selection now.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:16 AM   #13
skiscaraudio

BADGUYSKI's Gamercard
if you liked res evil 5 and getting your stars type thing and all chieves buy it!
if your just gonna finish on norml rent it!

I was up late last night partying until 6 in the morning, naked and with complete strangers. That was one hell of an Xbox live party.

OIIIIIIIO
skiscaraudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:43 AM   #14
H0p3sfalL
Coconut Dracula

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Like what I'm reading so far. Will have to pick it up this weekend
Old 02-23-2012, 05:44 AM   #15
DrOxycontin420

Dro5150's Gamercard
the co op is strangely fun. its a needed change of pace from the regular fps games we see. the online co op really does require some team work to progress even on normal

Last edited by DrOxycontin420; 02-23-2012 at 06:00 AM.
DrOxycontin420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #16
rokkyrok

rokkyrok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
for single player: it's a total f'n insult for $60.
co-op: no idea.

i finished the erm.. "story" on hard and it was worse than cod:waw, just not fun at all.
very clunky controls and cover "system". i killed more by clicking the right stick than pulling the right trigger and that's the opposite for for a shooter "game".

i wouldn't even recommend renting this for single player.
go rent binary domain instead.

2/10
rokkyrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #17
Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokkyrok View Post
for single player: it's a total f'n insult for $60.
co-op: no idea.

i finished the erm.. "story" on hard and it was worse than cod:waw, just not fun at all.
very clunky controls and cover "system". i killed more by clicking the right stick than pulling the right trigger and that's the opposite for for a shooter "game".

i wouldn't even recommend renting this for single player.
go rent binary domain instead.

2/10
You seem to prefer single player games. I was going to say, "You wouldn't buy Gears 3 or Dead Island just to play single player, would you?" but you did. So I have no argument on that part. Binary Domain isn't even out. How do you recommend a game you haven't played?

There are not many games you're going to squeeze $60 out of from only single player. Hate to say it, but you're unable to play a majority of the games you buy with a silver account. I can't imagine Dark Souls without invaders or coop.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:00 AM   #18
rokkyrok

rokkyrok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburok View Post
You seem to prefer single player games. I was going to say, "You wouldn't buy Gears 3 or Dead Island just to play single player, would you?" but you did. So I have no argument on that part. Binary Domain isn't even out. How do you recommend a game you haven't played?

There are not many games you're going to squeeze $60 out of from only single player. Hate to say it, but you're unable to play a majority of the games you buy with a silver account. I can't imagine Dark Souls without invaders or coop.

each his/her own thing.
he asked a question which i answered.

japanese binary domain is in english and region free and it's out for over a week.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/big-in-...thm-ff-6350922.

why are you such a release date police officer?
rokkyrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:37 AM   #19
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokkyrok View Post
each his/her own thing.
he asked a question which i answered.

japanese binary domain is in english and region free and it's out for over a week.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/big-in-...thm-ff-6350922.

why are you such a release date police officer?
You haven't even played it. Looked through your game list, tis not on there.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #20
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Friend of mine on xbox live said it is worth a rent not a buy. I was on the fence about buying this, going to gamefly it.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #21
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by upindat View Post
Friend of mine on xbox live said it is worth a rent not a buy. I was on the fence about buying this, going to gamefly it.
I gamefly'd mine but only because I can't afford to buy it lol. Think I will hang on to it for quite a while though. I haven't touched the SP yet but id buy it just for the co op missions, they are very fun to play.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:45 PM   #22
vithzeral

Send a message via ICQ to vithzeral

vithzeral's Gamercard
Anybody else getting a headache from the weird oversaturated lighting effects? Any outside window has unbearably bright light that's nothing like sunlight. Then there's this extra blurry stuff that shows up on the edge of the screen sometimes. And last there's this filter over the whole image that makes it hard to tell if there's glass in front of you or not.

If you ever had an eye exam and got your pupils dilated it feels just like that. I think I'm gonna have to wear sunglasses.
vithzeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:13 PM   #23
He15man

CAPTA1N PROTON's Gamercard
Ive had my game freeze 6 times in the past 2 hours so far today, what a GD joke of a game.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:53 PM   #24
kaoslord

trukaoslord's Gamercard
piss poor game! completed it on normal in 5 hours and a massive disapointment, just like homefront, crysis 2 and the darkness 2. FPS atm suck balls, if only the game was as good as the song by skrillex. selling it tommorrow kinda makes me feel bad for wasting 40 quid on it
Old 02-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #25
kaoslord

trukaoslord's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by vithzeral View Post
Anybody else getting a headache from the weird oversaturated lighting effects? Any outside window has unbearably bright light that's nothing like sunlight. Then there's this extra blurry stuff that shows up on the edge of the screen sometimes. And last there's this filter over the whole image that makes it hard to tell if there's glass in front of you or not.

If you ever had an eye exam and got your pupils dilated it feels just like that. I think I'm gonna have to wear sunglasses.
just turn your gamma settings and brightness down by one or two, did the job for me
Old 02-24-2012, 11:55 PM   #26
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoslord View Post
piss poor game! completed it on normal in 5 hours and a massive disapointment, just like homefront, crysis 2 and the darkness 2. FPS atm suck balls, if only the game was as good as the song by skrillex. selling it tommorrow kinda makes me feel bad for wasting 40 quid on it
Did you play co op?
Are you seriously whining that you beat a shooter quickly while playing on an easier difficulty? Just because the campaign is short doesn't make the game "piss poor"
Old 02-25-2012, 03:03 AM   #27
kaoslord

trukaoslord's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Did you play co op?
Are you seriously whining that you beat a shooter quickly while playing on an easier difficulty? Just because the campaign is short doesn't make the game "piss poor"
well when a game costs 40 quid you expect it to last, i mean i completed final fantasy xiii-2 in 60 hours and was real furfilled by that, the co-op is quite demeaning and the gameplay sucks, all the enviroments look the same, whats killed it for me is the hype, everywhere has bigged it up and its pretty generic and lame and the story is pretty special. All im saying that in comparison id much rather play battlefield 3's campain than syndicates and the same for battlefields online content, and in comparison to the fallout franchise and halo the quality of the narrative in both games and how its mixed up and not repetetive makes those games unique. syndicate had potential which it sadly didnt live up to!
Old 02-25-2012, 03:05 AM   #28
kaoslord

trukaoslord's Gamercard
And may i add that ive done a few levels on hard and still didnt find it much of a challenge, im just selling it today to try and optimse on the ammount of cash i can get for a trade and get something else.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:14 AM   #29
Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Quote:
And may i add that ive done a few levels on hard and still didnt find it much of a challenge, im just selling it today to try and optimse on the ammount of cash i can get for a trade and get something else.
Use the edit button if you're going to add something, or you'll attract the ire of mods.

Have fun. Go buy Uncharted for Vita or something.

Old 02-25-2012, 04:58 AM   #30
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
well when a game costs 40 quid you expect it to last, i mean i completed final fantasy xiii-2 in 60 hours and was real furfilled by that, the co-op is quite demeaning and the gameplay sucks, all the enviroments look the same, whats killed it for me is the hype, everywhere has bigged it up and its pretty generic and lame and the story is pretty special. All im saying that in comparison id much rather play battlefield 3's campain than syndicates and the same for battlefields online content, and in comparison to the fallout franchise and halo the quality of the narrative in both games and how its mixed up and not repetetive makes those games unique. syndicate had potential which it sadly didnt live up to!
Gonna pretend you didn't compare the length of Syndicate to the length of a jrpg...I don't want to think anyone is that stupid.

All the environments do not look the same. There is fun to be had in the co op, you may have found it more challenging if you tried it on expert or had friends to play with. I am guessing you played a level of co op, died and decided it was junk. Generic is one thing this game is not...show me another cyber punk themed shooter with some of the features this game uses.

Again, Fallout 3? Stop comparing a Shooter to an RPG. I am very curious to how you decide you want to buy a new game... "Well I really enjoyed Final Fantasy 13, betting I will love Battlefield 3 then!" because ya know...they are remotely comparable.

Not saying you're not allowed to dislike the game, but your comparisons are ridiculous.

Last edited by Gackt; 02-25-2012 at 05:02 AM.