PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Bully: Scholarship Edition
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-26-2012, 05:42 AM   #1
drulenarendes

Dodger Kershaw's Gamercard
Is this game worth getting?

I found this for 20 bucks in GoD. It looks fun and I've been considering downloading it. Is it worth a play?
Old 02-26-2012, 06:07 AM   #2
ViolentCabaret

ViolentCabaret's Gamercard
I've been wondering about this game too. Hope the answer comes, haha.

ViolentCabaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:17 AM   #3
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
$20? Hmm, may be a little too much, but the game should be played. It is underrated for many reasons, one being the graphics, which is a ridiculous excuse.

The game is fun from the get-go. The achievements are easily obtainable, though it can be a little tiring as you need to collect/find every single item in the game.

One major negative, which I came across once and once only is the glitches. The game randomly froze, but after clearing the cache and re-applying the update, the game worked fine. You get the odd thing here and there where the character gets stuck behind a NPC or bin, but other than that the game runs fine.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:25 AM   #4
otaking live

Send a message via MSN to otaking live

Otaking Live's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Silver   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
It took me a while to get into it, but now I love it! Jimmy Hopkins is the man!

otaking live is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:09 AM   #5
drulenarendes

Dodger Kershaw's Gamercard
I did end up buying it, but the Biology classes are making me regret it. I'm just not fast enough.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #6
FFFreak1129

FFFreak1129's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I thought this game was great. It was a lot of fun and hilarious. Definately worth at least one playthrough.
FFFreak1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:53 AM   #7
jbixler

jbixlergamer's Gamercard
I first played it when it was first released on the PS2, it was a fun and awesome game. I was excited when I heard it was coming out on the 360, played it 3 years ago. Started playing it again just a few days ago cause my nephew bought it himself.

It doesn't have the best graphics, but it's still a fun and awesome game, the extra and exclusive things added in the 360 version makes it better.
jbixler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:52 PM   #8
VGJ Sam

VGJ Sam's Gamercard
Hmmmm......

This might have to go on my to-do list. Seems like everyone likes it, with only minimal complaints......
VGJ Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:00 PM   #9
rob magic

rob magic's Gamercard
I completed the story a couple of years ago when it first came out but didnt 100% it. I have just bought it again for 10 from asda so I am gonna have a go at getting the 100% and finishing of the cheevos I didnt get. Hopefuly 1000/1000 it.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #10
Soul69

I don't know if it is just me or not but I am getting really pissed off with this game and it is taking way more time than it should to complete it, but the game is constantly freezing not only do I have to keep resetting the xbox but but any missions, jobs etc that i did before I got a chance to save it again, because for some dumb reason they decided not to put in autosave, I now have to do over again.
Soul69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:04 AM   #11
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I always wanted to get it but never got around to it. But I had a friend say it wasn't easy, like I thought it'd be.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:53 AM   #12
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
I always wanted to get it but never got around to it. But I had a friend say it wasn't easy, like I thought it'd be.
Having recently completed it, I can say it was easy. Although, the game does have its fair share of glitches: certain missions not appearing, achievements not unlocking, getting physically stuck in the environment, etc.. The only achievement I had somewhat of a hard time unlocking was the 100% completion one, because even though I did all the criteria, I was still missing a small percentage. The achievement unlocked after completing a lawn-mowing job for the third time.

Overall, the game was pretty glitchy but it was definitely worth playing. Bully 2 will be a day-one purchase for me once it's released.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote