PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Action > Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide and Roadmap

ROADMAP:

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 1/10
-Offline: 10/10
-Online: 0/10
-Approximate amount of time to 200: around 30 minutes
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 3 (3 minigames which need to be played a few times)
-Number of missable achievements None.
-Do cheat codes disable achievements? No cheats.
-Does difficulty affect achievements? No, only one difficulty.
-Glitchy achievements None.
-Unobtainable achievements None.

Introduction:
Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp is the newest game in the series and offers three minigames. In Cardboard Theater you shoot cardboard targets, in Flyswatter flies and your goal in Thread the Needle is to guide a missile through rings without hitting the rings or the wall.

The game can be controlled by swiping, tilting the phone or with a virtual joystick. I tried all methods and swiping was by far the easiest.

Abbreviated Walkthrough:
The game contains three minigames and the achievements are split to all three games.

Step #1: Cardboard Theater
The goal here is to get Firestarter and Thrill Seeker.

Step #2: Flyswatter
We will get Drop and Give Me 20 and DDT here.

Step #3: Thread the Needle
The remaining achievements Rocket Star and In The Zone will be unlocked here.

Step #4: Mop up
Now you only need to watch the credits (Roll Call) and get all the challenges to level 2 (Perseverance) if you didn't get it in the above steps.

Conclusion:
The game can be completed in under 30 minutes. It is a really quick and easy completion and not worth playing after you get the full 200

ACHIEVEMENT GUIDE:

Achievements:

Tour of Duty - 10
Play all 3 minigames.

You have to play each of the three minigames (Cardboard Theater, Flyswatter and Thread the Needle) at least once. The achievement unlocks as soon as you start the third and last game.

Persistence - 15[img]www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg[/img]
Play a minigame 5 times in a row.

Simply hit continue after the round ends. You will propaply get this while going for In the Zone.

Perseverance - 20
Complete level 2 challenges for all minigames.

Each of the minigames has a challenge tied to it which goes up to level 4. For this achievement you only have to reach level 2 in each of them. In Cardboard Theater you have to hit 36 Targets, in Flyswatter you have to shoot 36 golden flies and in Thread the Needle you have to hit 10 stars.

DDT - 30
Get a 15x wave combo in Flyswatter.

I got this without trying on my first round of Flyswatter. Simply hold the shoot button and shoot every fly you see. The combo-counter will raise and the achievement unlocks midgame.

Rocket Star - 20
Get 4 stars in a row in Thread the Needle.

Every ring contains at least one star in the center of a hole. Hit 4 stars in a row to unlock this achievement. You can slow down the rocket with the meter on the left side if you have problems hitting the stars.

In The Zone - 30
Get through 20 rings in one go in Thread the Needle.

This one is by far the hardest (and only hard) achievement in the game. Use the meter on the left side to slow down the rocket and speed it up to get past fast rings. This achievement requires more patience than skill. Go slow, learn the route and try not to get greedy or careless towards the end. I lost a few times at around 17 rings. Remember to slow down the rocket because the rocket speeds up by itself.

Thrill Seeker - 15
Get a thrill ride in Cardboard Theater.

You will get a thrill ride if you hit the shoot button and hold it. The view will switch to a "rocket camera". Speed the rocket up and hold fire. the achievement will unlock after hitting the target.

Secret Achievements:

Drop and Give Me 20 - 20
Shot down the bugzapper in Flyswatter.

The bugzapper is located in the left corner of the room. Shoot the chain that hangs from the ceiling and the achievement will unlock as soon as the chain breaks.

Firestarter - 30
Hit the fireplace in Cardboard Theater.

The fireplace is on the left side of the room. There are two ways to get to it. I prefer the 2nd option because it is easier.

1. Turn around 180°, shoot through the keyhole and take a sharp right.
2. Shoot the rocket to the left over the wall and then go straight down into the fireplace.

Roll Call - 10

Go to Help & Options, select Credits and watch them.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.

Last edited by VonThronstahl; 03-02-2012 at 02:00 PM.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
I wrote this because the other guide was empty. This can be deleted because the other guide was finished while I wrote this.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
It was empty because I was in the middle of editing it and I just wanted people to know that a guide was coming. Thus why I wrote Guide in Progress.

Last edited by TealPavelski; 02-29-2012 at 11:53 PM.
TealPavelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #4
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Feel free to submit your guide to the page. Your guide is very good.

I wrote it just because some people "reserve" a thread and submit a guide days later. I didn't knew that your guide was almost finished. If I'd known that, i wouldn't have written this one.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
For the 20 rings, it really helped me to stay in the middle as much as I could only moving a tiny bit on the ones without the holes in the middle. Then by around 16, you must venture to the outside because it gets too fast.

Also for the time, I wasn't keeping track but it was shorter than 30 minutes. Maybe around 20 or so. This game deserves a 1/10 for difficulty.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #6
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

I gave it a 2/10 because of the 20 rings. Took me around 50 tries because I became impatient and made stupid mistakes. And the controls aren't the best either.

But considering how many completed the game, I'll change it to a 1/10. In the end it really is the easiest game on WP7 (except for Collapse!).
Old 03-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #7
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonThronstahl View Post
Feel free to submit your guide to the page. Your guide is very good.

I wrote it just because some people "reserve" a thread and submit a guide days later. I didn't knew that your guide was almost finished. If I'd known that, i wouldn't have written this one.
No worries. I also hate when people reserve guides or start one and never finish them.
TealPavelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #8
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Definitely a 2/10 because of them 20 rings.

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.

XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #9
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

I gave it a 2/10 at first, but considering that it doesn't take longer than 30-60 minutes (20 rings included) it's a 1/10. It is way too short and easy to be a 2/10. It's one of those games you finish on your way home or while waiting in line somewhere.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:21 AM   #10
yamayamayaamaa

Send a message via ICQ to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via AIM to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Yahoo to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Skype™ to yamayamayaamaa

yamayamayaamaa's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
The 20 rings is freakin B.S. and it's taking me longer than 30 mins lol... I got to 19 then messed up.

yamayamayaamaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:16 AM   #11
jack10772

jackky_8586's Gamercard
Thx for ur help.
jack10772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #12
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Silver   The Helping Hand   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Thanks for this Roadmap and Guide!
Both have been added to the site's Achievement Guide!

Cheers!
* Clueless * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #13
kyboy

Send a message via Yahoo to kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Definitely a 1/10. It took me about 10 minutes to complete..

Thanks to DethHolly for the "Super" sig!!
kyboy is offline   Reply With Quote