Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-02-2012, 07:23 AM   #1
Rasp

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Call of Duty 4 Remake

Call of Duty 4 is recalled by most as the FPS that revolutionized all other FPS'. I was thinking of it the other day and I would really enjoy a remake of the game. Improve the graphics a bit. Add some extra things, such as pro perks, maybe some customizable kill streaks, fix all the glitches etc. I would really enjoy it because COD4 was my favorite COD.

What are your thoughts.
Rasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:27 AM   #2
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
You have no idea how tempting it is to say that MW3 is a CoD 4 remake with better graphics.

There's no doubt it's the best in the series, but I really don't think a remake is necessary.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:35 AM   #3
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
no...... no no no no no no no no.
There are so many other games that deserve a remake.... so many better games.

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:40 AM   #4
Rasp

I'm just thinking of how much fun a perfectly tuned Call of Duty 4 would be.

Maybe I'm just nostalgic about it.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #5
EmporerDragon

EmporerDragon's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasp View Post
Call of Duty 4 is recalled by most as the FPS that revolutionized all other FPS'
No, just no.

Call of Duty is about as far from revolutionary as you can get. I'd almost go as far as to claim that it is the largest cause of stagnation for the FPS genre.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #6
Rasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmporerDragon View Post
No, just no.

Call of Duty is about as far from revolutionary as you can get. I'd almost go as far as to claim that it is the largest cause of stagnation for the FPS genre.
Call of Duty 4 in my mind is the reason their is a ranking system, gun and weapon challenges and the fast paced gameplay. They are still banking on this, which IMO is wrong and ya, its stale. But when COD4 came out, it was miles ahead of another other FPS.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #7
Chaosx721

ChaosX217's Gamercard

I was going to say a lot more but I'll just say what hydrosugar said. MW3 is pretty much CoD 4 with slightly better graphics. And CoD 4 isn't even old, its still part of this gen.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #8
ashleary

Send a message via MSN to ashleary

ashleyleary's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosx721 View Post
I was going to say a lot more but I'll just say what hydrosugar said. MW3 is pretty much CoD 4 with slightly better graphics. And CoD 4 isn't even old, its still part of this gen.
I was just about to say this before I read your post. COD4 hasn't been out that long and people are calling for it to be remade?

Why not just play the original? I still play Super Mario 3 on the NES
Amstrad CPC 464, Game Boy, SNES, Dreamcast, GBA XBOX, PSP, XBOX 360
Please follow @mouseymessages on Twitter
ashleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #9
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleary View Post
I was just about to say this before I read your post. COD4 hasn't been out that long and people are calling for it to be remade?

Why not just play the original? I still play Super Mario 3 on the NES
It's been out for almost five years now, and if I remember correctly, the servers are hacked and infected which thus makes the game unplayable.

Personally, I would love a remake and gladly pay $60.00 for it. I can't stop imagining how amazing and nostalgic it would be if it were to be released with a new graphics engine.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #10
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Oh for the love of *facepalm*

IF it deserves a remake (and that's a big IF), it should be on the next generation of console at the earliest. I'm sorry, yes I enjoyed it immensely back when it was released but what is apparently called "revolutionary" is what made me lose interest in multiplayer for the the FPS genre as a whole. Rewarding players for time spent playing with better weapons and added "perks" puts those who don't have the time to play as much at an even bigger disadvantage than the usual "not familiar with map, spawn points, etc."

I'm sorry but I'm confident that anyone who has played video games beyond the current generation of console can think of a long list of games they feel should get a remake long before CoD4.

Change is inevitable.

Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #11
Dav13s

Davi3s Lar's Gamercard

Dear God, There literally aren't enough ways to describe how bad this idea is. It's still this gen ffs. Why not remake MW3 right now too? I'm sure people would snap that shit right up. I hope this guy is trolling and we've all fallen for it because I refuse to believe actual people can come up with this shit.

Cheers to G a c k t for the stolen sig

Check out my eBay stuff
Grammar - The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
Dav13s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #12
ginge88isfun

Send a message via Skype™ to ginge88isfun

Ginge88isfun's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
We already have 2 remakes in MW2 & MW3, the only difference is that the graphics were abit better.
ginge88isfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #13
jtr1gg3r

KiNG TUBZ zZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I can think of 100's of games I'd rather have re-made tbh mate.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #14
Mutalus

Mutalus's Gamercard
I bought it last year and enjoyed it a lot. I just haven't touched multiplayer after everything i've heard of it. All they need to do is fix the multiplayer by patching the hacks. I don't think it needs a remake the graphics still look good and the gameplay in single player (can't speak of cod 4 multiplayer since i haven't played it) is pretty much the same as modern warfare 2. Which people still enjoy playing.

Who knows maybe they will release some modern warfare maps for modern warfare 3. Then you would basically have what you are asking for pretty much.

There are games which are timeless classics that i would never want to see a remake for. Because it just wouldn't feel the same playing it in better graphics. I bet some people feel the same way about cod 4. They want to keep their memories of the game and move on.

For example i enjoyed Deus Ex Human Revolution a lot, but i would never want a remake for original Deus Ex. Which is a timeless classic in my opinion and it would lose a lot of its magic when remade.

Last edited by Mutalus; 03-02-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Mutalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #15
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

Halo played a bigger role when it comes to FPS on consoles, sure IW took RPG elements to create an addictive multiplayer part. I would hold Halo and Goldeneye over Cod 4 personally because they did it way ahead of their time for the console generation

Why remake a 5 year old game? Cod 4 is great if you get a good lobby, for retards its obviously hacked but the fact that ive gotten in to no modded/hacked lobby the last times ive played it doesnt matter because nowadays everybody is a hacker according to the online population.

Cba with multiquoting people so ill do it simple
Jtrigger: Start dropping titles, you can think of hundreds yet i didnt see anything posted

Mutalus: Play it for yourself there is plenty of "people say" bullshit as it is, make your own fucking opinion.

Gingerkid88: Yes 2 games later (IW titles that is) the only upgrade is the graphics... Get the fuck out

Remake = no thanks game is still standing on the shelf

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #16
xReiGnZ

XreignZ's Gamercard
Quote:
Call of Duty 4 is recalled by most as the FPS that revolutionized all other FPS'. I was thinking of it the other day and I would really enjoy a remake of the game. Improve the graphics a bit. Add some extra things, such as pro perks, maybe some customizable kill streaks, fix all the glitches etc. I would really enjoy it because COD4 was my favorite COD.

What are your thoughts.
These are some of the things that ruined the CoD series.
xReiGnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #17
EMP

MaGiC MaN TJ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xReiGnZ View Post
These are some of the things that ruined the CoD series.
Exactly... More killstreaks = More annoying

Wouldn't mind a remake, keep the killstreaks though (3,5,7). I'm tired of having a million different ones. Take out the RPG and add a lock on stinger.

→The Xbox One is freakin Awesome ←
All generalizations are false, including this one.
~ Xbox One | Day One ~
EMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #18
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Call of Duty 4 is recalled by most casual gamers as the FPS that revolutionized all other FPS'.

Fixed that for you.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #19
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
How can you remake it. Its the same as mw3 with a different story and better mp. It was the best cod yes but thats like saying there should be a halo 3 remake. lol remakes are for old games on previous consoles.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #20
TheRedComet

TheRedCometXIII's Gamercard
I am a HUGE fan of CoD4, but it doesn't need a remake. The multiplayer hack is not that bad, a friend and I have played several consecutive hours without encountering a hacked lobby.

Also, there will never be a "perfectly tuned" CoD game because Activision doesn't give two fucks if the game is good, only how much money it will make. Retrofitting all the new features from MW2/3 like Pro Perks and custom kill streaks is dumb. The overdone killstreak rewards from MW2 is what killed the gameplay and pro perks are just a way to reward people who are just to hardcore into the game. Get 500 kills with grenades to get 'Nade Spammer pro. I'd rather use my gun.

Check out my Destructoid Blog! - http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/TheRedCometXIII
TheRedComet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #21
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmporerDragon View Post
No, just no.

Umm, CoD4 was new for its time. FPS is just being beaten to death by the number of releases right now.

OT: Just no. CoD4 is becoming as overrated as FF7 is imo.

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #22
Mutalus

Mutalus's Gamercard
Not exactly sure what you are asking me to play. I have played modern warfare 2 just not on xbox 360. If you meant cod 4 multiplayer then i don't see the point in playing it. When there is a high possibility that i won't get a single match where someone isn't cheating/hacking or the whole lobby isn't modded. I don't need to play the multiplayer to be able to say that hacks and cheats should be fixed. To make that part of the game enjoyable.
Mutalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #23
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:

OT: Just no. CoD4 is becoming as overrated as FF7 is imo.
Oh my...you're one of the good ones
Old 03-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #24
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
I'm just thinking of how much fun a perfectly tuned Call of Duty 4 would be.

Maybe I'm just nostalgic about it.
To make a great remake you have to let some time go by.

You can't remake a game and release it on the same console it was originally released on.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #25
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsCen10ial View Post

You can't remake a game and release it on the same console it was originally released on.
But isn't that what the Call of Duty and Halo series do? Just adding a number each time
Old 03-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #26
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
But isn't that what the Call of Duty and Halo series do? Just adding a number each time
Ah, good point. You win my friend.......you always do

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #27
ExtremeRugburn

Extreme Rugburn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrosugar View Post
You have no idea how tempting it is to say that MW3 is a CoD 4 remake with better graphics.

There's no doubt it's the best in the series, but I really don't think a remake is necessary.

To the Op, they already remake it every year! Its the same crap over and over. You want perks and customize your KS, play MW2, WaW, BO, MW3, you can do that with all of them. Graphics however are pretty much the same throughout.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #28
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Oh my...you're one of the good ones
Guess that makes me one of the bad ones!
To be fair, I love almost all them! (FF titles, not CoD)

For those wanting a list of better remakes, yes I could have a long list. However, I don't wish to type a wall of text and I doubt that many people want to see a wall of text.

Change is inevitable.

Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #29
AvengingCactus7

bhVII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Like others have said, it hasn't been around that long. I still play it though, because I really enjoyed playing it. Just like I still play FF7, which is my favorite Final Fantasy game .

Excuse me while I go listen to Justin Bieber while watching Transformers during my session of playing COD 4 & FF7 simultaneously. That's what people like me apparently do, who know no world outside of mainstream popularity.

LOL to the above.
profile picture provided by The Rabbit Suit
AvengingCactus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #30
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengingCactus7 View Post
Like others have said, it hasn't been around that long. I still play it though, because I really enjoyed playing it. Just like I still play FF7, which is my favorite Final Fantasy game .

Excuse me while I go listen to Justin Bieber while watching Transformers during my session of playing COD 4 & FF7 simultaneously. That's what people like me apparently do, who know no world outside of mainstream popularity.
How much of that is sarcasm?

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote