PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
Rowan88

Send a message via MSN to Rowan88

Rowan88's Gamercard
How To Make Best Prismere Greatsword?

Hi,

I have full sagecraft and blacksmith skills and the weapon im using just now was a Prismere Greatsword I bought in Rathir.

Prismere Greatsword - 186 DMG
126 Physical DMG
30 Piercing DMG
Galvanizing Gem
* 30 Physical DMG
Conquerors Gem
* +20% DMG vs Lightly Wounded Targets
Heros Gem
* +20 Health

Is there anyway I can make a better weapon that this? I got told if you make your own Prismere Greatsword it can be better but what materials do I need and where do you get them?

Thanks
Rowan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
Hansathan

Hansathan's Gamercard
It will definitely be better if you make your own, since I think the base damage on the blade is near 200, which is already higher than that. You can then add more damage with flawless and master components, and finally, a weapon gem. The highest I've seen is +48 poison damage (which I used on my longsword).

Hans(nickname) + Jonathan("real" name) = Hansathan
Hansathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:24 PM   #3
Rowan88

Rowan88's Gamercard
So how do I make one?

Do I just salvage my Primsere Greatsword then use what materials?
Old 03-04-2012, 01:59 AM   #4
Hansathan

Hansathan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan88 View Post
So how do I make one?

Do I just salvage my Primsere Greatsword then use what materials?
Yes, you should have blacksmithing maxed (like I think you said you did) and salvage stuff for good components, then save your game and attempt to salvage the greatsword. If you don't get Prismere Greatsword Blade, reload the save and try again until you get it. The poison gem I mentioned is Created with one pristine physical shard and one pristine poison shard, if I remember correctly.

Hans(nickname) + Jonathan("real" name) = Hansathan
Hansathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Your first step should be to Find a Forge and save your game.

Now: Salvage a Prismere greatsword.
A bunch of things have a chance of being salvaged from your greatsword, but generally most of the things are useless. If when you salvage the greatsword you don't get a "Large Prismere Blade" Load your save and try salvaging again and again until you do get one (see gem salvaging below if the sword has a weapon gem slot)

Getting Components.
Your going to want to get a bunch of components. Flawless and Master components being the best you can get. Now I haven't advanced the story much and am still stuck on the mainland so I don't know if there is a store that sells these or not (Pride of Pryderi in Rathir sell Greater and the odd master component). There is however another way to get some of the items you want, and thats with shards

Gem Salvaging
First find/buy weapons with gem slots (it may of just been bad luck, but I couldnt manage to salvage any Utility, Armor, or Epic Gems) and stick gems into them, then salvage it until you get what you want. (the items salvaged have the exact same stats as the gems)

For example for a weapon gem: (your hilt)
2 pristine physical gems = galvanizing Gem (30 physical damage) that will salvage into a Flawless Damaging Hilt.

Other Pristine Weapon Gems you may want to try:

Pr+Pr: 25 Piercing Damage
Ph+(Fi, Ic or Li): 20 Bleeding Damage over 5 seconds
Ph+Po: 48 Poison Damage over 7 seconds
Ma+Ic: 30 Ice Damage, 18 Freezing Damage over 6 seconds
Ma+Fi: 30 Fire Damage, 20 Burning Damage over 7 seconds
Ma+Li: 30 Lightning Damage, 15 Shocking damage over 10 seconds
Po+Pr: +15% Critical Hit Damage with Physical
Ph+Ma: 15% Chance to Steal 25 Health per Hit
Ma+Ma: 15% Chance to Steal 25 Mana per Hit

Remember, you have a "gem" slot so make 1 to be salvaged, and one to be part of the creation of your final weapon.

Item Salvaging
You can salvage any non Purple or yellow peice of equipment and try and get one of the stats from that piece in a component, just dont forget that some of those stats (armor/physical and piercing damage for example) will be effected by the core component and the support components might not be as powerful as they looked.

Crafting Your Greatsword
Craft your Greatsword and as your core component use the Large Prismere Blade, use the salvaged component from the gem as your 1st support component, the best of whatever you have in the next two slots, and your weapon gem in the final one.

From the items I had stumbled upon I was able to make this greatsword:
Large Prismere Blade (149 damage)
Flawless Bloodseeker's Hilt (15% chance to steal 25 health per hit)
Master Rallying Grip (+5 health, +20% physical Damage)
Improved Damaging Bindings (+14% damage)
Galvanizing Gem (30 physical damage)

The stats after made:
202 Damage
169 Physical Damage
33 Piercing Damage
+5 health
+20% physical damage
+21% damage
15% chance to steal 25 health per hit.

I have no training in great swords and yet I was doing crazy damage with it, and I'm sure an even better weapon could be made with a little bit of effort.

Ah well, back to my 60 damage daggers

Last edited by SpinelesS; 03-04-2012 at 10:31 AM.
SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #6
Rowan88

Rowan88's Gamercard
Best reply ever, thanks very much m8 very detailed.

I will give this a go today, I take it that its pretty much the same scenario when your wanting the prismere armour parts too.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #7
replies with images
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinelesS View Post

Now: Salvage a Prismere greatsword.
A bunch of things have a chance of being salvaged from your greatsword, but generally most of the things are useless. If when you salvage the greatsword you don't get a "Large Prismere Blade" Load your save and try salvaging again and again until you do get one (see gem salvaging below if the sword has a weapon gem slot)

Getting Components.
Your going to want to get a bunch of components. Flawless and Master components being the best you can get. Now I haven't advanced the story much and am still stuck on the mainland so I don't know if there is a store that sells these or not (Pride of Pryderi in Rathir sell Greater and the odd master component). There is however another way to get some of the items you want, and thats with shards

Gem Salvaging
First find/buy weapons with gem slots (it may of just been bad luck, but I couldnt manage to salvage any Utility, Armor, or Epic Gems) and stick gems into them, then salvage it until you get what you want. (the items salvaged have the exact same stats as the gems)

For example for a weapon gem: (your hilt)
2 pristine physical gems = galvanizing Gem (30 physical damage) that will salvage into a Flawless Damaging Hilt.

Other Pristine Weapon Gems you may want to try:

Pr+Pr: 25 Piercing Damage
Ph+(Fi, Ic or Li): 20 Bleeding Damage over 5 seconds
Ph+Po: 48 Poison Damage over 7 seconds
Ma+Ic: 30 Ice Damage, 18 Freezing Damage over 6 seconds
Ma+Fi: 30 Fire Damage, 20 Burning Damage over 7 seconds
Ma+Li: 30 Lightning Damage, 15 Shocking damage over 10 seconds
Po+Pr: +15% Critical Hit Damage with Physical
Ph+Ma: 15% Chance to Steal 25 Health per Hit
Ma+Ma: 15% Chance to Steal 25 Mana per Hit

Remember, you have a "gem" slot so make 1 to be salvaged, and one to be part of the creation of your final weapon.

Item Salvaging
You can salvage any non Purple or yellow peice of equipment and try and get one of the stats from that piece in a component, just dont forget that some of those stats (armor/physical and piercing damage for example) will be effected by the core component and the support components might not be as powerful as they looked.

Crafting Your Greatsword
Craft your Greatsword and as your core component use the Large Prismere Blade, use the salvaged component from the gem as your 1st support component, the best of whatever you have in the next two slots, and your weapon gem in the final one.

From the items I had stumbled upon I was able to make this greatsword:
Large Prismere Blade (149 damage)
Flawless Bloodseeker's Hilt (15% chance to steal 25 health per hit)
Master Rallying Grip (+5 health, +20% physical Damage)
Improved Damaging Bindings (+14% damage)
Galvanizing Gem (30 physical damage)

The stats after made:
202 Damage
169 Physical Damage
33 Piercing Damage
+5 health
+20% physical damage
+21% damage
15% chance to steal 25 health per hit.

I have no training in great swords and yet I was doing crazy damage with it, and I'm sure an even better weapon could be made with a little bit of effort.

replies with images is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #8
Lewi

surfalewi's Gamercard
I would really like to know where to get some master quality components

IDDQD
Lewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:48 AM   #9
dAFKave813

dAFKave813's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewi View Post
I would really like to know where to get some master quality components
From luck of the draw. If I remember correctly you can start to get a decent amount from salvaging Sylvanite items, but your best chance for Master or Flawless components is from the Prismere items. One thing to try is to save prior to salvaging an item and reloading your save if you do not get the materials you want from it, you have a higher chance of getting better materials from better quality items but from time to time you can get them from poor quality items as well such as the "Crude" items.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:37 AM   #10
Shinoobii

Shinoobii's Gamercard
Just salvage any Prismere greatsword for the core blade. And craft it with Flawless enchants and your good to go
Shinoobii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:32 AM   #11
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinelesS View Post

*snip*
That was the best reply I have seen in a long... long time. Many thanks for that.

Thanks Rajeanero for the awesome work.
Wildmn34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:49 AM   #12
kabel1987

SuperKabel's Gamercard
Ok, this is probably not in-line with the question... but something which is related to it.
I just want to know where in the game are you, so I can get an idea if this more or less the max damage that we can see from a weapon. I am still in Rathir, and I am using a Hammer with total Damage of 226... but I am hoping I would find better weapons still... when I cross the ocean....If not... SAD me....

"To err is Human, To really foul things up,
Requires a Computer"

kabel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #13
PlanetGalida

Planet1979's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
As I got to level 37, I was finishing up the final factions quests I needed to do. I wound up needing to do the House of Sorrows and then Scholia Arcana last. Long story short, in battling through the dungeons of those quests, I got a few sweet hammers from looting the biggest bad guys and the chests they were protecting.

I've encountered two unique (purple) hammers with a total damage of 256. Those are the biggest weapons I've encountered so far.

Personally, I think working on the Warsworn questline yielded the best random weapons "earliest", if you will. Towards the end you'll repair a hammer that's in the high 100s for example. "Heart of Ember", iirc.

Great game.

GO xbox360achievements.org !!!
PlanetGalida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:51 AM   #14
wickedecho

wickedecho's Gamercard
I'm currently at lvl 25 and have made a sylvanite greatsword with 256 dmg and that isn't even with master or flawless parts. If you do the job right your weapons can far exceed anything bought in game.
wickedecho is offline   Reply With Quote