Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-04-2012, 01:45 AM   #331
PhoenixWolfCub

PhoenixWolfCub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault Lad View Post
I have encountered TONS of shit like this. I have hit phantoms with a Black Widow X while they were doing their little pirouette / backflip thing only to have it barely dent them. They stop, I shoot again, they get their head blown off. Dancing makes people invincible (take note Shepard)
As I hear, dodging is suppose to give you some damage protection for a few seconds, maybe it's the same for Phantoms? With them being agile combatants and constantly dodging and flipping, I imagine when they're in that dance their damage protection is up.

That's the case in MP anyway. I imagine it's probably the same in SP.

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Gackt. Ty so much!

<<<<I no longer have either of the Fable games available, sorry. PLEASE do not contact me about achievements for these two games, or they will be ignored at this point. Thank you!>>>>

PhoenixWolfCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:26 AM   #332
optics

Doing a Insanity run while doing all the side missions on insanity only to have one mission bug out and not let me finish it. (Citadel: Heating Unit Stabilizers)
Old 04-04-2012, 05:01 AM   #333
cabral

Cabral's Gamercard
trying Insanity, but with the Meh! endings and slog going back to Tiger 13
cabral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:09 AM   #334
SolarFury

InjusticeReborn's Gamercard
I don't know if players have been complaining about multiplayer in here, but here goes:

Why?!

I join a game, three other players already in the lobby, the settings were on some particular map, with Geth as the enemy, on the Bronze difficulty. As soon as my screen shows the lobby, I've got 1 kick against me. Seconds after, I'm booted from the lobby.

I know it's not a measure of immense skill or nothing, but my N7 rating was the second highest in the lobby (behind by 12). I messaged them "what was the point?" but I've had nothing yet.

I would like to put it down to the possible MP credit glitch thing, where if true, GTFO. No offense to anyone who has tried it here, but put the god damn lobby to private FFS if you're going to do it.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #335
Vincent D. Vanderol

Vanderol's Gamercard
It happened to me again yesterday. This time about 4500 kills are gone. I must admit that I was about to cry to vent out the frustration, but then I joined some friends' MP game and forgot about it.

I will take bets now on whether I will get the Veteran Achievement on the third try or not.

And thank you for the kind words last time. o/

There's nothing like a brush with death to make you...not like death much.
Vincent D. Vanderol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #336
Belvik

Belvik's Gamercard
Have all achievements done except Unwavering and Insanity. Have had the wonderful EA server log in crap pop-up to wipe my progress on Unwavering 3 times now. I'm about to say screw Unwavering in the campaign and try my luck just beating the multiplayer maps on gold.

Belvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #337
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
I kept my save files for ME1 for over three years, and my save files for ME2 since release. Unfortunately, the HD where I kept them gave up on me a day before ME3 came out.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #338
T FUNK 1984

T FUNK 1984's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Movement/cover... AGAIN!

Standing in cover and a banshee is coming towards me, I'm firing in the other direction. I think 'I'd better move or she's going to kill me' so I try to move to the next piece of cover, but nothing happens. I try again, nothing. I try to simply walk away from cover, nothing again. By the time I actually move it's already started the animation for her to grab me and kill me (which by the way is fucked anyway as you stand there without her touching you long enough to at least attempt to get away!).

I've avoided spoilers and ignored people who have said the ending is shit just to see for myself but at this rate I somehow doubt it's going to be worth it!
Old 04-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #339
Vault Lad

vault lad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by T FUNK 1984 View Post
Movement/cover... AGAIN!

Standing in cover and a banshee is coming towards me, I'm firing in the other direction. I think 'I'd better move or she's going to kill me' so I try to move to the next piece of cover, but nothing happens. I try again, nothing. I try to simply walk away from cover, nothing again. By the time I actually move it's already started the animation for her to grab me and kill me (which by the way is fucked anyway as you stand there without her touching you long enough to at least attempt to get away!).

I've avoided spoilers and ignored people who have said the ending is shit just to see for myself but at this rate I somehow doubt it's going to be worth it!
Yeah, that's pretty crazy. When I heard Bioware were adding cover maneuvers I thought "at least the game won't be as stiff as ME2" but it just ended up making it stiff AND clunky. Two steps back I guess
Old 04-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #340
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
yeah, the movement/cover thing has got me killed a bunch. usually when a grenade comes in, i'm already in cover and either can't unstick from the cover quick enough, or i roll straight into another piece of cover within the blast radius. not sure if it's an insanity thing, but it's caused me to rage a few times.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #341
fivebyfive200

the problem is they (EA) want it to be plain shooter while trying not lose the fans that made Mass effect the hit and you can't do that very well. Re-using the same engine with the jerky and stiff animations.

I wish EA would just choose if they want to do plain 3rd person shooter for the masses or a proper action RPG shooter, none of this half and half shit. Its just like RE5, as faster paced shooter it was bad because of the controls.

Have to laugh at the indoctrinated biodrones (on every other forum) that defend the ending as NONE of them can't defend the ending without screaming insults or explain why the ending works (or explain the plot holes) No spoilers (sorry don't worry abiout that) All their comments are constant spew of bile being the Internet hardman that they are. There is a great quote from Casey Hudson saying something about the ending choices and the final game proves him wrong and Bioware refuse to answer any questions from gaming sites about it!

At the end of the day, its just a ending to the game but these idiots need to be called out on this bile (like 1 complete fuck wit on EG calling everyone else nerds, whiners etc but has not even played the 3rd game

Really hope it does not set a trend where developers can't be bothered to finish the ending in a decent way, so they just make up some bullshit last minute so they can go back to eating all the deep fried pizza and acting like a celebrity on developer diaries videos
fivebyfive200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:53 AM   #342
DEG23
Robot Mode: Engaged

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by T FUNK 1984 View Post
Movement/cover... AGAIN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault Lad View Post
Two steps back I guess
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_2 View Post
yeah, the movement/cover thing has got me killed a bunch. usually when a grenade comes in
What annoys me is the cover system in ME2 had nothing wrong with it and was actually praised as being a more refined system than ME1 and i am still at a lose as to why Bioware changed it as now it is completely messed up. 90% of my deaths have been due to cover system doing something other than what i want.

I am trying to force myself through the SP to unlock the insanity achievements but i have no desire to push through. I just played the Thessia mission and besides Liara's constant bitching and moaning, "really Liara, you just lost your home world to the reapers, join the club," the fight against Kai Lang feels so cheap and out of place. It honestly felt like i was playing a Japanese game from the late 90's where the character has an unbelievable amount of protection and instead of fighting like every other character, cartwheels around the area like an idiot. It's been a long time since i have seen a boss have to retreat to recharge shields, honestly these types of boss fights died out years ago and there was a good reason. I can't believe this is the same company that made ME1 and ME2, they have completely messed up the gameplay in my opinion.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #343
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarFury View Post
I don't know if players have been complaining about multiplayer in here, but here goes:

Why?!

I join a game, three other players already in the lobby, the settings were on some particular map, with Geth as the enemy, on the Bronze difficulty. As soon as my screen shows the lobby, I've got 1 kick against me. Seconds after, I'm booted from the lobby.

I know it's not a measure of immense skill or nothing, but my N7 rating was the second highest in the lobby (behind by 12). I messaged them "what was the point?" but I've had nothing yet.

I would like to put it down to the possible MP credit glitch thing, where if true, GTFO. No offense to anyone who has tried it here, but put the god damn lobby to private FFS if you're going to do it.
Start your own public matches and you shouldn't have this problem. I've joined quick matches exactly three times and two of those times I was kicked instantly. I only play in public matches I create and never have a problem. People just like to be jerks and you're right, they should go private if they're gonna just kick people or glitch.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #344
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
the fight against Kai Lang feels so cheap and out of place. It honestly felt like i was playing a Japanese game from the late 90's where the character has an unbelievable amount of protection and instead of fighting like every other character
i was no fan of either Leng fight and granted it's been many years since i played it but i seem to remember the Saren fight being essentially the same, him running around a big ass room occasionally throwing stuff at you.
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:19 AM   #345
Sour Pug Diesel

Sour Pug Diesel's Gamercard
Great game idk why people would bitch. i loved every second of my 3 playthroughs, couldnt ask for much more, othert han when you transfer your character you can change your class
Sour Pug Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:11 AM   #346
Grummy

Grumftheld's Gamercard
Mass Effect 3 cannot successfully determine the custom face code......

Bah! Not a major issue really, but bloody annoying all the same. I like my Shepard, I spent ages designing him back on ME 1.

http://www.360voice.com/tag/Grumftheld

My First Guide!! Way of the Samurai 3
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...ai-3-us/guide/
If you have any questions, please pm me on here then send me a message on Live to let me know its here and I'll get to it asap.
Grummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #347
colt415

colt415's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Waiting for people in mp lobbies and I didn't really like the ending.

Credit Goes To Xerofox For The Great Sig
colt415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #348
SWi IVI IVI ER

Hate how the turrets and drones create an invisible wall not allowing me to shoot the enemies aligned with them.

SWi IVI IVI ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #349
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour Pug Diesel View Post
Great game idk why people would bitch.
Well you do know this is an official bitching thread right? Maybe the last 11 pages will enlighten you?
Old 04-10-2012, 12:24 AM   #350
darr3772

darr112's Gamercard
I liked ME3 but can't say I enjoyed it as much as the first two games.
ME3 felt rather linear with limited exploration with the Citadel being the only real place I could go visit (I do understand that there's a war on and going to Tunchanka to watch varren fight in a pit might not be a possibly).
I don't think I could do missions in the order I wanted to like in the first two games. I've only been through once so I could be wrong.

The section of the game on Earth at the end I feel went on too long. When I got to the missile activation thing I was hoping it would be it, but they decided to throw hordes of reapers at me.

The dream sequences where Shepard is in the forest really annoyed me. My renegade Shepard cares for no one.
darr3772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #351
TrendyNinja

TrendyNinja's Gamercard
Well after completing the game on insanity I failed to get the unwavering achievement pop which as many of you have suffered from was due to my stats being reset. Says I have completed 23/27 of the missions which I can assure you is totally wrong. I have done all 27 on insanity including the dlc. I even checked all 27 missions on youtube to be extra sure and I can recall doing each and everyone of them.

Thing is...there is just no way of knowing which of those 4 missions they are. So I can't for example start a new campaign...blast through some missions on easy and then when I get to the required mission to complete on insanity switch it from easy to insanity. Basically I have to start the whole game again on insanity...noooo. ---------->EA
TrendyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #352
Vault Lad

vault lad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules the great View Post
Well you do know this is an official bitching thread right? Maybe the last 11 pages will enlighten you?
lol fucking pwned.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:47 AM   #353
mysaturdayself

MySaturdaySelf's Gamercard
my only moan is probably WTF is that reporter there in the ship all the time (except possible romance that i didn't look into)... even more bizarre than the whole ending thing.
mysaturdayself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #354
Eagle41

Eagle41's Gamercard
Cool

After playing the game through 3x now (I know, I know... WHY?), I find my list of complaints growing. A few of the biggest are:

The Ending: Great way to null out 4.5 years of gaming!!
Multiplayer: Really? The franchise was built on single player. Not everything works better with multiplayer.
Am I the only one that feels maybe the design team just got plain tired of this game? Everything seems (poorly) cobbled together in the hopes that we (the series mega-fans) won't notice.

I rated Mass Effect with 5 stars because I loved the "every decision has consequences" idea (reminiscent of Star Wars KOTOR). Even the arduous task of exploration with that MAKO was not enough for me to drop my rating. In Mass Effect 2, I did take off a star for the pains of exploration, although the designers did actually improve it, slightly. Also, I thought the timing issues with finishing all the loyalty missions and the attack on the Collector base was in a sense, unfair. With Mass Effect 3, they FINALLY got the exploration right (more right would have been a mix between the system scans and the MAKO (I really loved that tank)). Unfortunately, one star goes away for, not the inclusion but the necessity of multiplayer. Another star falls for the ending and being left with a feeling of utter futility. If I was a real hard ass, I would take yet another star away for “forcing” me to purchase DLC right out of the gate making the game $70US rather than the advertised $60US. Plus, the more I play this game, I am finding more and more areas rife with the design teams’ obvious lack of enthusiasm. One would have thought that this series would have ended on a much higher note. Instead, it just seems to portray the feeling of “let’s just get it over with.” Sad. I feel like I have been slimed .

100% Games = 125 (123 Retail, 2 XBLA)
** 100K GS Milestone reached 2012/05/07 - Tom Clancy's RSV2 - "Freedom Shall Prevail" (100,033) **

Last edited by Eagle41; 04-11-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Eagle41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #355
ttdrevan

o Revan x's Gamercard
Game is good, but not so good as in ME2, reminds me of KotOR2, good but many issues/bugs.

For me multiplayer is great, but it suffers from EA money policy (aka buy random packs) and many bugs. Today's patch for example completely shutdown both single player and multi player, because game crashes on EA servers connection.

Revan's 1000/1000+ Games
Call of Duty 2, Fable II, Assassin's Creed, Dead Space, Assassin's Creed 2, The Force Unleashed, Modern Warfare 2, Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 3, Prince of Persia (2008)
ttdrevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:30 AM   #356
dark wing

sabre wing2's Gamercard
I've had to restart my insanity run thanks to that bloody Eclipse bug. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to reset the flags after loading is a genius.

I'd quite like to bitch about the lack of any real exploration (really why remove the vehicles?), but i'd be here all night.

Oh and the loading time for the armour takes the piss.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #357
Aidexx

Aidexx's Gamercard
My stats reset again, this is the second time now. I will never get that Veteran achievement, but now this is starting to feel more funny than sad.
Aidexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #358
koopakiller64

Stewtendo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Slightly disappointed in the Krogan Vanguard. I thought that he would be a powerhouse, but he just might be the worst vanguard. Nearly identical to the Krogan Soldier as well.

Krogan Biotic powers compared to Krogan Soldier powers
Carnage-Carnage
Fortification-Barrier (pretty much same thing)
Biotic Charge-Grenades (Only difference)

Thanks to Gackt
koopakiller64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:36 PM   #359
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by koopakiller64 View Post
Slightly disappointed in the Krogan Vanguard. I thought that he would be a powerhouse, but he just might be the worst vanguard. Nearly identical to the Krogan Soldier as well.

Krogan Biotic powers compared to Krogan Soldier powers
Carnage-Carnage
Fortification-Barrier (pretty much same thing)
Biotic Charge-Grenades (Only difference)
well at least he looks bad ass.

Michigan Members Unite!
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:40 AM   #360
Eagle41

Eagle41's Gamercard
Cool

So, WTF??? I have been playing mostly MP over the last few days and have purchased well over a dozen Spectre Packs maybe a half dozen Veteran Packs and numerous Recruit Packs. My question/bitch is this: where in the effing hell are the Med Kits?? I used to get at least 1 in every few Recruit Packs and a load of 5 for every few Spectre Packs. Lately, nothing! With the amount of individuality in this "COOP" experience, those med kits come in handy. Come on, programmers! Gimme an effin break!

100% Games = 125 (123 Retail, 2 XBLA)
** 100K GS Milestone reached 2012/05/07 - Tom Clancy's RSV2 - "Freedom Shall Prevail" (100,033) **
Eagle41 is offline   Reply With Quote