PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #91
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnasher13 View Post
This game was one of the best I have ever played... right up to the end. My god talk about a punch in the gut. Just a terrible ending(s). I had plans to fire up a new game right away, but just sat there as the credits rolled thinking "wtf". So many plot holes left wide open on top of that, and in the end, NONE of your choices really matter. I just dont know what to think right now.

tldr; Your choices dont matter. You get almost no closure. It doesnt really make a lot of sense.
Did you have 100% strength in all areas? I hear there is actually a different ending if you did. Maybe you got the bad ending.

I usually don't agree with these types of threads in single player games because then they would be flooding every game...but the only thing I can complain about is:

Miranda not a squad member
Mordin not a squad member

They were my main people, used them pretty much the entire game on my first run, which was on Insanity.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #92
Hansathan

Hansathan's Gamercard
My only real complaint is that I feel like Shepard takes up too much of the screen during combat. I literally finished ME2 the night before I started this and I never got the feeling he was taking up too much space. Many times he blocks my view from items after a battle is over. Minor nuisance though...

One more thing, which isn't even really a complaint. I can't decide to romance Ashley (who looks extra bangin and I romanced in ME) or Jack (who also looks extra good with her new half ponytail and I romanced in ME2). I've kissed Jack a few times now, but I feel really guilty considering Ashley is lying in a hospital bed and the last time I saw her, I told her I wanted to be "us" again...

Hans(nickname) + Jonathan("real" name) = Hansathan

Last edited by Hansathan; 03-08-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Hansathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #93
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Thumbs down Fail!!!

Serioulsy is wrong with the scanner in the Normandy.

Every fucking time I accomplish any mission I obviously have to return to the COMMAND DECK and every fucking time I get scanned by this laser wall in the room with the two girls.

I'M COMMANDER SHEPARD, I DON'T NEED TO BE SCANNED!!!
Old 03-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #94
Gnasher13

SJS Nick's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
Did you have 100% strength in all areas? I hear there is actually a different ending if you did. Maybe you got the bad ending.

I usually don't agree with these types of threads in single player games because then they would be flooding every game...but the only thing I can complain about is:

They were my main people, used them pretty much the entire game on my first run, which was on Insanity.
I have done 2 endings, and seen the third. My comments stand. I would actually be fine even if there was a little text or something explaining what happens to everybody but, the game just ends so abruptly with no explanation to what happens after you make your decision.

Last edited by Gnasher13; 03-08-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Gnasher13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #95
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
I noticed they are in other parts of the game, but you can just run through them. Kind of weird. Meme time!

"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite security scanner in Mass Effect 3."

Auburok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #96
Hansathan

Hansathan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburok View Post
I noticed they are in other parts of the game, but you can just run through them. Kind of weird. Meme time!

"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite security scanner in Mass Effect 3."
Lol! Sometimes I catch myself saying the ME2 equivalent out loud..."I'm Commander Shepard and this is my Favorite store on the Citadel."

Hans(nickname) + Jonathan("real" name) = Hansathan
Hansathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #97
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansathan View Post
Lol! Sometimes I catch myself saying the ME2 equivalent out loud..."I'm Commander Shepard and this is my Favorite store on the Citadel."

"I'm Commander Shepard and what the fuck happened to all of my favorite stores?"
ColdSpider72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #98
hotdogenigma

ToastiestCape0's Gamercard
My complaint is regarding having to actually play MP for certain achievements. I was under the impression you wouldn't have to play MP (which was a shitty addition in my opinion) to get the same results in single player. But upon further reading I find you need to play MP to increase galactic readiness and to get "most" war assets delievered for certain achievements. This is complete bullshit, some "optional" mode that turned out to be. Even the ending is different (from what I hear, don't quote me) if you play MP, even though we were told it wouldn't be.
hotdogenigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #99
Valiantheart

valiant heart's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdogenigma View Post
My complaint is regarding having to actually play MP for certain achievements. I was under the impression you wouldn't have to play MP (which was a shitty addition in my opinion) to get the same results in single player. But upon further reading I find you need to play MP to increase galactic readiness and to get "most" war assets delievered for certain achievements. This is complete bullshit, some "optional" mode that turned out to be. Even the ending is different (from what I hear, don't quote me) if you play MP, even though we were told it wouldn't be.
You can pretty much attain all war assets through SP. Also the ahcievements that can be obtained through MP can also be obtained through single player as well, namely the N7 missions.

I WILL PUKE BLOOD INTO YOUR SOUL!
Valiantheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #100
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun72 View Post
"I'm Commander Shepard and what the fuck happened to all of my favorite stores?"
lmao. I thought that, too. I wanted to check in and push for more discounts, since the Citadel doesn't seem to give a fuck about the reapers in an official capacity.

Auburok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #101
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:

Every fucking time I accomplish any mission I obviously have to return to the COMMAND DECK and every fucking time I get scanned by this laser wall in the room with the two girls.
LOL I think it's for loading. Basically slowing you down so the next area can be loaded. Just my guess. Same thing with certain doors during gameplay that take awhile to open compared to others.

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #102
Paregmenon

prosodemic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post

There is a good ending I had 5k+ Shepard, is down yet
Paregmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #103
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Multiplayer.

Don't waste time pulling off the petals. Cut off the head. - Spirit of Summer, Ryse

SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #104
Valentia X

Valentia X's Gamercard
My biggest gripe- and I'm fairly easy to please in most games- is how it feels like everyone from me2 got drop kicked into obscurity in me3. Granted, Garrus and Tali get some love since they're holdovers from me1, and I get that we needed to have a guaranteed electronics expert (hence EDI), but I loved my old crew, and I barely get to see them. And whoever wrote the Thane romance needs to sit down and feel bad about what they did.

I haven't had much of an auto-targeting issue, although that might be because I'm playing as an adept, do I'll count myself lucky there.
Valentia X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #105
Kramericus

The game was amazing, probably the best of the series. The ending however, was terrible. Its like once they reached mass effect 3 they realized they had an amazing story and had no idea to conclude it. Really bums me out that a 3 game series with such an astounding story ends so meekly
Old 03-08-2012, 11:30 PM   #106
Paregmenon

prosodemic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramericus View Post
The game was amazing, probably the best of the series. The ending however, was terrible. Its like once they reached mass effect 3 they realized they had an amazing story and had no idea to conclude it. Really bums me out that a 3 game series with such an astounding story ends so meekly
There is 1 perfect ending, but you must have 5k or more war assist to see the good ending.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #107
koopakiller64

Stewtendo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentia X View Post
My biggest gripe- and I'm fairly easy to please in most games- is how it feels like everyone from me2 got drop kicked into obscurity in me3. Granted, Garrus and Tali get some love since they're holdovers from me1, and I get that we needed to have a guaranteed electronics expert (hence EDI), but I loved my old crew, and I barely get to see them. And whoever wrote the Thane romance needs to sit down and feel bad about what they did.
Agreed. The only person that I enjoy out of the Mass Effect 3 squadmates is Garrus. If only I could get Mordin, Wrex, or Grunt to stay on my team.

Thanks to Gackt
koopakiller64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:21 AM   #108
Kramericus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paregmenon View Post
There is 1 perfect ending, but you must have 5k or more war assist to see the good ending.
Oh I did have that, and I even cheated and youtubed the other endings to just make sure I didnt happen to miss it. They are just bad IMO. They arent too terribly different from one another anyways in the first place.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:22 AM   #109
Paregmenon

prosodemic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramericus View Post
Oh I did have that, and I even cheated and youtubed the other endings to just make sure I didnt happen to miss it. They are just bad IMO. They arent too terribly different from one another anyways in the first place.
Yea I know I'm glad I play a shit load of online lol I got the perfect ending on my first run through
Old 03-09-2012, 02:26 AM   #110
rokkyrok

rokkyrok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:

yea it's annoying, but i think it's a substitute for a loading screen.

what's more annoying (imo) is, are the grenades on insanity.
and the fact that you need online to 1k this.
rokkyrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:59 AM   #111
Kramericus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paregmenon View Post
Yea I know I'm glad I play a shit load of online lol I got the perfect ending on my first run through
I mean looking through the endings it really doesnt seem to have that much of a difference on the ending, your readiness I mean. I was expecting some pretty big variety ranging from tragic failure to total victory depending on how ready you were, simply didnt happen really. If that last 5 minutes didnt exist, and the game ended 5 minutes before that, it would have been glorious.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:07 AM   #112
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokkyrok View Post

I can imagine. I'm still on my first playthrough on NORMAL just for training and to figure out the hard parts when I'm going for the INSANITY run.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:50 AM   #113
rokkyrok

rokkyrok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
I can imagine. I'm still on my first playthrough on NORMAL just for training and to figure out the hard parts when I'm going for the INSANITY run.
there isn't many really hard spots.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

i played as adept, imported.

hmm spoiler tags
woot!

Last edited by rokkyrok; 03-09-2012 at 06:22 AM.
rokkyrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:05 AM   #114
TheThreeStooges

Bioware please fix the revives on the MP EVERYTIME I goto revive some it puts me up against a wall or something else
TheThreeStooges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #115
Darkhound64

Darkhound64's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokkyrok View Post

Except you don't....
Darkhound64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #116
gundamcreed7

Assassiness7's Gamercard
i have been having problem's with it crashing all the F****** time at the end of missions and having to redo the bloody thing if i was doing it on easy i could not give a shit about it but because i am doing it on insane so i can get the achievement it's really starting to piss me doing each mission twice taking me about 2 hours to do each mission
gundamcreed7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #117
Person5

Person5's Gamercard
I have two main issues with the game

1. I'm switching discs between every mission.

2. None of my choices matter.
2 is what really irks me, I was excited to see how my decisions would have consequences!
I try to argue this to my friend who is looking at the game through rose colored glasses but he just claims I didn't pick the "right" or "canon" choices
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

why did I bother making choices in ME1 and ME2? I was gonna go back and make a new full playthrough with different choices in both games but now? Why bother

GT: Person5
Person5-Random number or ironic gaming reference?you decide...
100% retail: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Cod: MW2, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Mass Effect 2, Prototype 2
Person5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #118
gundamcreed7

Assassiness7's Gamercard
Quote:

don't know about you but some times i glitch out and stand there getting scanned for over 10 min i say it bull shit
gundamcreed7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #119
Person5

Person5's Gamercard
what exactly are they scanning for? bombs? I think if a suicide bomber made it to the Normandy he wouldn't have to set it off in the war room. Or maybe its scanning to see if you are a Reaper

GT: Person5
Person5-Random number or ironic gaming reference?you decide...
100% retail: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Cod: MW2, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Mass Effect 2, Prototype 2
Person5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:23 AM   #120
Poganin

Send a message via MSN to Poganin

Poganin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhound64 View Post
Except you don't....
How else can I get the "Defender" achievement then, pray tell? Because I don't see any way to raise the galactic readiness percentages in single player at all.

And to bitch about something: I hate how perfect the aim of enemies is. They can shoot you through a 5 cm crack in the wall or hit you with sniper accuracy from an assault rifle while on the move.