PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-06-2012, 03:26 AM   #1
Spade.
A La Rev

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Never got a nuke. You?

I've never had the pleasure of getting a 25-killstreak, pushing , and killing everyone on the map. Am I the only one to try countless times but never get the job done?
Old 03-06-2012, 06:57 AM   #2
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Not at all. I think my highest killstreak on MW2 is below 15, both on 360 and PC.

Heck, even with an aimbot on PC (which got me a VAC ban I deserved) I couldn't get it.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:08 AM   #3
ViolentCabaret

ViolentCabaret's Gamercard
Never had one. I watched a view videos on quick ways to do them, but I never seemed lucky enough to pull off the things that were being done. Maybe some day, if the nuke ever comes back or MW2 multiplayer picks up again.

ViolentCabaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #4
Robert90

Rob Alfaro's Gamercard
I never had them equipped when I would play but I think my highest kill streak was 26. I always liked being a support player. Nukes were ok until people started boosting for them
Robert90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:49 PM   #5
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I have one career nuke. I was noob tubing on Wasteland....spawn traped the other team with my chopper gunner...they just kept spawning outside.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:51 PM   #6
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Not boasting but im pretty dam good at shooters. But i dont like cod since mw1. much prefer battlefield. Anyway i played about 2days of mw2 before i got bored. 2 days for mw2 is good for me! and i had about 7-8. tbh it ruined the game once or twice i would have one within about 4mins of hq and it just ends the game.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #7
KennedyENG

KennedyENG's Gamercard
I've played ALOT on this game but never really set Nuke, a month before Mw3 was released I was convinced I'd get at least one, had 5 so far, 4 on FFA and one on Ground War.
KennedyENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #8
Nitroglencerin

nitroglencerin's Gamercard
Everytime I got over 25 kills, I didn't have it equipped... I'll never get a nuke just like I haven't gotten a MOAB.

Nitroglencerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:27 AM   #9
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
Nah i never got 1, not really bothered though tbh, rather use kill streaks i can consistently get rather than i nuke every once in a blue moon, in all my time playing MW2 i can honestly say i only equipped the nuke once & i remember because i was really low level & a complete noob & wanted to see if i could get one lol.

mark23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:43 AM   #10
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I have gotten only 1, but that was on MW3 with a whole team backing me up on dome during Demolition. Other than that, I have had a bunch of 20+ killstreaks, just never lived long enough for the 25 since I always run out.

Now for MW2: None, never even came close. I didn't play the game to get nukes. I mainly did SnD and when not playing that, used the 3, 7, 9 killstreaks. The one time I did go for a nuke, I died while in my chopper gunner, racking up a ~27 killstreak by the time the chopper was over (though I died so the KS restarted )

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #11
Jack x360a
Banned User

Rare Name's Gamercard
I've had a hanfull but I don't really use them because it ruins the game, hit a 36 streak with one full mag of one of the LMGs though.
Jack x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:33 PM   #12
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
I have one career nuke. I was noob tubing on Wasteland....spawn traped the other team with my chopper gunner...they just kept spawning outside.
you had to have all of us watching your back and letting you steal kills from us. JK.

I still enjoy getting nukes. Every once in a while you get a priceless response from somebody on the other team that is pretty funny.

MC B0B x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:44 PM   #13
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC B0B x360a View Post
you had to have all of us watching your back and letting you steal kills from us. JK.

I still enjoy getting nukes. Every once in a while you get a priceless response from somebody on the other team that is pretty funny.
LOL....I've never gotten a nuke with you guys....pretty sure it was when the game first came out.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:40 AM   #14
TrueSpartan091

TrueSpartan091's Gamercard
Made it to 20 a couple of times, but always seem to get that one guy who kills me or just simply run out of ammo, pick up a gun im not too crazy about, and get killed.
TrueSpartan091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #15
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
You're not alone. Every time I had gotten 15 kills or higher, I didn't have it equipped. I think I could easily earn one without it being that hard, but I would rather just run around instead of staying back and trying to get one.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:48 AM   #16
Dcirusc27

Dcirus26's Gamercard
never gotten a nuke on mw2, not a big deal for me though. my highest streak was a unregistered 35+ host dashboarded and my team was on like 45 -4800+ points in TDM we were winning there team was on like 1500 i think. i never have the nuke equipped as i know i won't get it. by highest killstreak is a 24 (without nuke on).
Dcirusc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #17
NUFC BA I19I

NUFC BA I19I's Gamercard
I've only had 2 nukes that was when the game first come out...
NUFC BA I19I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:50 PM   #18
Benny34
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
never had one highest kill streak was 12 . lmfao.
Benny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:02 AM   #19
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
Ive gotten 8. They are easy once you get the hang of it. I'm not gonna lie but I didn't get one until 5 days gameplay time after hitting 10th prestige.
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #20
RiseofOwnage

RiseofOwnage's Gamercard
I have played countless hours of this game and only 2 nukes came my way. Whenever the enemies called one in I would always think how they manage to do it in every game i play with them. I wish that I could have done this when the game was popular.
RiseofOwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #21
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseofOwnage View Post
I have played countless hours of this game and only 2 nukes came my way. Whenever the enemies called one in I would always think how they manage to do it in every game i play with them. I wish that I could have done this when the game was popular.
Most people that get nukes frequently are the ones with golden patience. They will be the people that will sit in one spot for 3min straight to get 1 kill.

Quote:
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #22
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I got 10 nukes lifetime, just enough to get the challenge completed so I wouldn't ever have to equip the worthless kill streak ever again, same with the EMP. Not to brag but I could've gotten so many more. It's just all luck, it all depends on how quick you can get a harrier and how bad the enemy team is.

All I played in MW2 was normal team deathmatch so it was funny when I would get messages, "How do you get a nuke in TDM? WOOOOOOOOOW!!!" Some people act like a nuke is a damn VIP pass to Coolville.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #23
foamy10

Send a message via MSN to foamy10 Send a message via Skype™ to foamy10

foamy10's Gamercard
Sadly I must say I've boosted for a nuke before..i never do stuff like that but I got fed up and fell into peer pressure and yeah I boosted for my nuke once and that's the only time I've ever gotten one
foamy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #24
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamy10 View Post
Sadly I must say I've boosted for a nuke before..i never do stuff like that but I got fed up and fell into peer pressure and yeah I boosted for my nuke once and that's the only time I've ever gotten one
Exactly the same for me. I told them I never got a nuke, so they forced me into boosting one in ground war. I don't count that one. They understand why I never got a nuke before though, since I use a sniper for about 75% of my time on that game

Quote:
Old 04-02-2012, 12:07 AM   #25
Smoochy

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Never had it equipped. Even if I did, I think my highest killstreak in MW2 was 22 kills or something like that.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #26
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
The problem with most people who can't get a nuke is they give up so easy. They play for a night with nuke on then get pissed and never equip it again. If you really want to get a nuke you need to equip it and forget about it until you get one. All it takes is a good start to the game, and a group of idiots who run out and dont take out your air support. If you are in a lobby who is shooting down killstreaks then join a new lobby. Other than that it just takes a little but of time and some luck. I find that once people get their first nuke the ones after that come much easier.

MC B0B x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #27
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC B0B x360a View Post
The problem with most people who can't get a nuke is they give up so easy. They play for a night with nuke on then get pissed and never equip it again. If you really want to get a nuke you need to equip it and forget about it until you get one. All it takes is a good start to the game, and a group of idiots who run out and dont take out your air support. If you are in a lobby who is shooting down killstreaks then join a new lobby. Other than that it just takes a little but of time and some luck. I find that once people get their first nuke the ones after that come much easier.
You forgot to mention the group of guys you play with who watch your back while you use your OMA to refill your noobtubes.

AND take my quote out of your sig!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #28
flashbangandy

Twenty7red's Gamercard
I got around 30 but mostly with OMA equiped so not legit nukes in my opinion.
Got around 10 legit.
flashbangandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:11 AM   #29
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I have gotton like 30 something nukes. My highest streak is 47
Old 04-08-2012, 03:27 AM   #30
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbangandy View Post
I got around 30 but mostly with OMA equiped so not legit nukes in my opinion.
Got around 10 legit.
I don't see how that couldn't be a "legitimate" nuke... You still got 25 kills, didn't you?

Last edited by Rep; 04-08-2012 at 03:36 AM.
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote