PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-08-2012, 05:33 AM   #31
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
Most people that get nukes frequently are the ones with golden patience. They will be the people that will sit in one spot for 3min straight to get 1 kill.
Yep basically since once you get your harrier you're home free.
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:35 AM   #32
MaseJ

masej's Gamercard
Never got a nuke cos I love sprinting around and mixing it up. I haven't got the patience to sit in one spot and grind out kills. Maybe if there was a cheev attached though...

Completed:
| Retail: 100 | Arcade: 47 |

Last Game Completed:
| Retail | WWE 2K14 | (6/7/14) |
| Arcade | Karaoke | (6/7/14) |

Boosting:
| GTA IV + DLC: 655/1500 |
MaseJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #33
colt415

colt415's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I've gotten 4, but if I actually had the Nuke on I would maybe have about 10 to 15.

Credit Goes To Xerofox For The Great Sig
colt415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #34
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
Most people that get nukes frequently are the ones with golden patience. They will be the people that will sit in one spot for 3min straight to get 1 kill.
Its all about getting off to a quick start. Do you ever have those games where you are 5-0 in the first minute of the match. At that point you just head over to a choke point for the last two kills to get your harrier. Then it all comes down to luck. You have to get lucky with a team of noobs or people who arent taking down air support. It also helps if you are on a good map where you can spawn kill people. Its not about going 25-0, its about going 7-0 as many times as possible and then seeing how the game plays out.

MC B0B x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #35
xX Madd Pro Xx

xX Madd Pro Xx's Gamercard
Nope me neither I'm pretty rubbish on it and the best online i got was 7-9 kill streak
xX Madd Pro Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #36
Snoop QC

snoop qc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Never got any nuke in this game but I don't care!

Achievements completion : 99,39%
Gamerscore completion : 99,35%
Retail games completed : 70/74
I'm a completionist!!!

If you send a friend request, please send a message telling why, otherwise I will just ignore it
Snoop QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #37
MattMoses

mattmoses's Gamercard
Probably 30 or so. I rarely ran the Nuke killstreak, but playing Ground War using the 7-11-25 setup was ridiculously easy.
MattMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #38
Ironic Timing

Ironic Timing's Gamercard
I never have. My highest killstreak is around 28, and a few other times I have gotten 25+ killstreaks...but like many others, I never have the nuke equipped. The other night is when I got that 28 killstreak and at first I was happy with that...but then I thought, "Dammit.... I could have gotten my first nuke!"
I guess I'll just do what some have recommended... just equip it, forget about it, and just play play play until I get lucky enough to get it.
Ironic Timing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #39
Blackest Metal

Darth Stinkius's Gamercard
In all the time I played the game I never once equipped the nuke, I always had either uav/cuav/care package or harrier/pave low/ac130

Blackest Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:51 PM   #40
nevermindaboutme

TheSavageMuffin's Gamercard
Nope, can't do it. Follow guides on YouTube/ones that have worked for my friends and nada.

Even tried camping on top of high rise with a tactical insertion, and nothing aha
Old 06-06-2012, 04:24 AM   #41
fleanbean

FleeBz's Gamercard
nuke lol ?

Ya I can't ever get to that many kills in a row... I am too impatient and can't sit around for too long to try and snipe for it.. and as far as trying to run and gun I always get distracted before I can get it.. I think my highest is like 18 lol...
fleanbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #42
Warstorm Lord

Once on 'Afghan'. But never was an MW2 player by heart, so I was quite excited for about ... 5 seconds.
Warstorm Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #43
Stable Void

Stable Void's Gamercard
Never have and never will. No desire for it... And I have about 35 days of gametime. Probably my all time favorite games, but still no nuke.
Stable Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:58 AM   #44
Heroic1

battlesage360's Gamercard
Everytime I got close I always die. Even camping which I don't do, I still can't get one. Im not bad at the game, just people skills got advanced enough I guess. Now I don't even equip the nuke killstreak...
Heroic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #45
WaRDeMoN787

WaRDeMoN787's Gamercard
I remember two occasions that I "would have" and "almost had". I had gotten a 24 kill streak with nuke equip, then died. Another time I believe I had prestige'd and gotten over a 25 kill streak but didn't have the nuke purchased. I just felt so angry...haven't gotten close to it since both occasions. I know my younger brother has gotten it 3 times, lucky kids...
Old 06-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #46
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroic1 View Post
Everytime I got close I always die. Even camping which I don't do, I still can't get one. Im not bad at the game, just people skills got advanced enough I guess. Now I don't even equip the nuke killstreak...
People pay attention to kills and thanks to kill-cam...campers can never hide for a nuke.

I played the other night and went 22-0 on Karachi...I never equip nuke anymore.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:13 AM   #47
PhilippeNaffis27

Hammerburst FTW's Gamercard
Only one in what will soon be three years since its release.

I remember, camping (LOL) at the stairs at the Spetznaz spawn where people from underneath could flank you from down there. I had a friend watch the back spawn (where the Spetznaz would spawn at the countdown) and I would set claymores at the stairs for people to walk up on them. Back in '09, claymore kills were SOO easy! Plus, since the game was still in its early stages, not many people knew every aspect about the map, so I lucked out. Had my ACR and killed people coming up the windows.

I don't think I will ever forget that moment in my gaming life, lol.
PhilippeNaffis27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #48
Spade.
Parallax

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
It's been a little while since I made this thread. I've found noteven attempting to go for these to make the game insanely more fun. However, If I happen to be on Wasteland and playing domination, I just might pull out some nobtubes and go for it .
"I wonder if I'm alive.... Breathe slowly. Open your eyes. Can you hear me? Look what's in front of you. An endless journey. Our end. What do you say? What do you feel? Were we ever really alive? This is the right choice. Let's switch off together. Let's float to no more. Goodbye. Goodbye to everything."
Spade. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #49
StayonTarget
Angry Irishman

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Closet I've ever gotten is like 23 or so. But my highest killstreak is 25. Idk what that's about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:34 AM   #50
Rasp

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Career count is 47 although I only ran the nuke when the game was first release for the first few months before people discovered stingers. Haven't ran it since and am running up toward 50 days played.
Rasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #51
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

Most of my time playing MW2 I only used it to boot into the full versions of Metal Slug 3 and King of Fighters '97, I think.

Although when I did play MP I never did get a nuke. That said I didn't play that much of MP.

Damn I'm so depressed.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #52
Majica8

Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

2, one was I think it must have been the day before BlOps was released because my friends were going on about not believing I got my first nuke on their last night playing MW2. It was Domination on Afghan, against some pretty stupid people. We had A and B locked down, hanging around B, sniping people as they came up to the cliff edge by C. Once I got my 7 kills I called in the harrier and hid. Easy from that point.

2nd one was same map/gamemode, only it was Team Tac. My harrier and chopper were awful so I had to do most of it the hard way. Got a headshot with a sniper as the score ticked to 199. Just managed to call it in in time.
I always forget about that second one for some reason.

I've had around 10-15 times where I've gone on a 25 killstreak without the nuke equipped. I rarely ever actually actively tried to get a nuke, there were just maps where I knew I had a better chance so I'd equip it and do my best. Worked out twice.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:08 AM   #53
i got squeezed

i got squeezed's Gamercard
Once and sadly I was using noob tubes because I just got fed up getting tubed as well. Pulled out OMA, and got a nuke. I screamed for joy and slapped that right d-pad hard, lol.
i got squeezed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #54
oldskoolforever

oldskoolforever's Gamercard
Probably had around 15 now legit. Combination of patience + luck. Obviously goes without saying you need to equip it - to stand a chance in the first place ! I'll generally equip it if i'm in a lobby where the majority of players haven't reached level 34 yet and won't have a Stinger to shoot down air support. I'll run Harrier, Pavelow & Nuke. Generally need to have patience at the beginning, or get a good luck run and get to 7 kills. Then find a nice spot and then its all about luck with the Pavelow & how silly the rest of the lobby are in terms of running around in the open ! I think i've had the most on Rundown, but Favela and Skidrow have also been good for me. With this method, it will eventually work as you'll just get lucky with the lobby. A much more common scenario is that the Pavelow will get you upto 19 or 20 kills and you then need to pick up another 5 yourself which has to be played patiently and can be hard to prevent everyone homing in on you.

You'll often get "camper" messages sent afterwards, but you aren't going to get the nuke without being patient in one area, unless you have 360 vision and god like reflexes !

Last edited by oldskoolforever; 08-30-2012 at 10:39 PM.
oldskoolforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:44 AM   #55
TRAGICTRIXIE
Banned User

TRAGICTYPHON's Gamercard
i often run around like a psycho when i play so i rush and die a lot but get even kills. I never bothered for a nuke, i cant camp. it gets boring super fast in cod compared to battlefield camping
TRAGICTRIXIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #56
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Try guarding an area with an assault rifle haha... Never rush unless you're a boss

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #57
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I've had like 20+, some from sniper camping and some from run and gunning.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #58
Rasp

A little update. Been running it a ton lately and am up to 142! Pretty easy to get as the only people playing are pretty bad. Average one about every 2 games.
Rasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:01 AM   #59
Spade.
Parallax

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I'm actually at two now.
"I wonder if I'm alive.... Breathe slowly. Open your eyes. Can you hear me? Look what's in front of you. An endless journey. Our end. What do you say? What do you feel? Were we ever really alive? This is the right choice. Let's switch off together. Let's float to no more. Goodbye. Goodbye to everything."
Spade. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #60
Im Blackened

xStott's Gamercard
I've gotten a nuke once, but it was on the PS3 unfortunately. -_-