Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-26-2014, 08:20 PM   #1
OccasionalAdam

OccasionalAdam's Gamercard
Mass Effect 3 Insanity run

Tried a Mass Effect 2 insanity run but couldn't get past the final boss. Feeling lucky though so think I'll try an insanity run on ME3. I'll be doing a "second" playthrough with a new character, a female infiltrator (good for snipers with cloak and incinerate powers.

Character face code is:

741.85I.G21.Q81.EE1.77S.JEI.6B1.GG6.A72.CG5.676

Stay tuned if you'd like to follow progress. I'll try to post every other day with updates.

***EDIT***

Mars done. Cloak is a life saver! First N7 mission available and Turian homeworld soon to follow.

***27/11/2014***

Assume that SPOILERS will follow from here on in!

N7 mission was a pain in the hole! Close quarters, waves of enemies. Checkpoints seem fairly spaced out though, so at least you aren't having to redo whole sections every time.

Turian homeworld done. The shotgun is essential I think for dealing with waves of charging husks. Armour-damaging powers a must for dealing with the Brutes.

On to rescue the female Krogan. So far so good. Insanity is harder but as long as you stick to cover and get the hell away from grenades it isn't too bad. USE YOUR TEAMMATES! You will die without guiding their fire/powers. As I am the sniper I have James for assault and Liara who can chuck a singularity into a crowd and incapacitate all non-shielded/non-armoured units. Also great against husks and Cannibals.

Onwards!

***28/11/2014***

Picked up the female Krogan. Tough but great fun. Mechs hurt so bad. Best strategy seems to be sniping the pilot canopy till it breaks then pop the pilot in the head. Also, as soon as you spot an engineer DESTROY HIM/HER. The turrets they put down will rinse you in two seconds flat.

Grisson Academy has opened up, along with the Krogan homeworld. Upgrading weapons but sticking with N7 armour for the health boost. (Wear the helmet!)

***29/11/2014***

Given up on Grissom until I have levelled up some more. The big auditorium area with waves of Ceberus troops, Mechs and turrets rinses me every time. Ten times I have got to the halfway point but the autosave is on 1 bar of health and no grenades. Thankfully have a backup save from just before the mission started so can try it again after Tuchanka (sorry if spelt wrong).

ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP SAVE!!!

Some tips:
- Talk to Liara in the Citadel before Tuchanka who will send you to Barla Von. He has a missing team in the Krogan DMZ. Do this early as it will lock after the Citadel 'incident'.

- If you buy fish, buy the aquarium VI to keep them alive at the terminal by Barla Von. Nothing is worse than coming home from a long mission to dead fish.

Last edited by OccasionalAdam; 11-29-2014 at 04:55 PM. Reason: UPDATES!
OccasionalAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 01:52 PM   #2
OccasionalAdam

New update (see first post!)
Old 11-28-2014, 08:48 PM   #3
OccasionalAdam

And another!
Old 11-29-2014, 04:56 PM   #4