Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #61
irriducibile87

Irriducibile87's Gamercard
I have a problem.
I unlocked the Tour of Duty achievement (Finish all multiplayer maps or all N7 missions in single-player) by completing all 6 mutliplayer maps during the gamerscore problem of this afternoon.

Because of this gamerscore problem i have the achievement locked once again, but now I cannot unlock it because the game already recognizes the 6 multiplayer maps as completed (the in game stat tracker for the achievement says 6/6 maps completed).
Do you think that when I complete all the N7 missions during the campaign it will unlock once again ?

I am afraid the game won't unlock me the achievement again

edit: it may be useful to add that during this gamerscore problem I obtained also the Defender achievement.
This achievement got locked after the gamescore problem was solved, just like the Tour of Duty achievement, but then I played a multiplayer game (I was already at 99% readiness) and then the Defender achievement unlocked again with no problems.
The only one who didn't unlock again was the Tour of Duty achievement.

Last edited by irriducibile87; 03-13-2012 at 07:30 PM.
irriducibile87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:17 AM   #62
vayacondiosamigo

How many kills did people get in 1 playthrough? On insane I got about 1000-1200 kills. Is multiplayer or campaign faster to get kills?
vayacondiosamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:29 AM   #63
Truth The Wise

WuTruth's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by vayacondiosamigo View Post
How many kills did people get in 1 playthrough? On insane I got about 1000-1200 kills. Is multiplayer or campaign faster to get kills?
I got around the same amount of kills in my campaign play through. Once I got my player to level 20 in multiplayer, I had a bit more than 2000. It seemed quicker to me to get them in multiplayer.

Truth The Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:02 AM   #64
Slackersei

SlackerSei's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth The Wise View Post
I got around the same amount of kills in my campaign play through. Once I got my player to level 20 in multiplayer, I had a bit more than 2000. It seemed quicker to me to get them in multiplayer.
I agree especially on the Bronze setting you can burn through the 5000 kills in no time.

Another Tip for:Hijacker
Hijack an Atlas mech.

If you are having trouble with the mech exploding before the driver dies. Use a sniper rifle for an easy single head-shot kill once you destroy the cockpit window.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #65
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Question some of you may be able to confirm. I have played about a dozen matches online, in private matches only. My theater at war in the single player still shows "system offline" and my readiness is still at 50% - does it only increase from public matches, or maybe you need to play at least one public match to activate it?

A friend I was playing with said his readiness was increasing from the private matches, and he has played public before. I have not.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #66
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
Question some of you may be able to confirm. I have played about a dozen matches online, in private matches only. My theater at war in the single player still shows "system offline" and my readiness is still at 50% - does it only increase from public matches, or maybe you need to play at least one public match to activate it?

A friend I was playing with said his readiness was increasing from the private matches, and he has played public before. I have not.
As far as I can confirm this, my Galaxy Readiness increases only through PUBLIC MATCHES. I mainly play BRONZE (UNKNOWN LOCATION/ENEMY) and after each match it is an overall +2%/+5%, depends on how good we played. Not sure if it activates when you play only one public match though.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #67
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
I'll play one Public when I get home and see what happens in my campaign. If that activates it, I'll play a few Private and what effect those have. Just wondered if anyone could confirm while I'm at work.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #68
BillyBobTwo
Banned User

Quote:
I'll play one Public when I get home and see what happens in my campaign. If that activates it, I'll play a few Private and what effect those have. Just wondered if anyone could confirm while I'm at work.
Do you get the Galactic Readiness +3% pop up at the end of the matches?
BillyBobTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #69
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
You might be right, my first completed match was public. Ever since, my readiness is boosted in both private/public whenever I finish the match.

Change is inevitable.

Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #70
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBobTwo View Post
Do you get the Galactic Readiness +3% pop up at the end of the matches?
Nope, never received any kind of notification after any of the matches we played. I am a level 14 Sentinel after two nights of matches. We always played random map/enemy on Bronze. He says his is at 94% but mine is stuck at 50% and the map is all red with "system offline" on the screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
You might be right, my first completed match was public. Ever since, my readiness is boosted in both private/public whenever I finish the match.
Cool. I'll verify it tonight and update the guide accordingly.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #71
Grifter Reborn

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Cool. I'll verify it tonight and update the guide accordingly.
A nice little trick to use, create a private match, invite your friends, once everyone is in the lobby, switch your mission settings from private to public. This way, you won't get random people in the lobby while waiting for friends to join. Works like a charm.

I use it sometimes to find a 4th player, but you can launch with any number if everyone is "ready".

Change is inevitable.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #72
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Anyone know if having level 10 weapons helps out immensly playing Multiplayer? I want a Black Widow that is one shot kill to any body part. Something that goes thru shields and armor!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 03:38 AM   #73
Grifter Reborn

For the list of armors, the Cerberus Armor is purchased from Elkoss Combine Arsenal Supplies. 50,000 for Ammo Capacity +10%, Weapon Damage +20%, Shields +10%, and Health +20%.

Change is inevitable.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #74
NyCEE

For a new character game (so no imported saves) which ingame choices one must take to obtain MASTER & COMMANDER achievement?
Considering doing every mission in the game obvoiusly...
NyCEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #75
Sarcastro

BlazingxPaddles's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyinthatplace View Post
I can also confirm that concussive shot works too.
I got this achievement while using Lift Grenades.

Additionally, in the From Ashes DLC, if you continue to talk to Javik, you can unlock Dark Channel as a bonus power.
Sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #76
Sarcastro

BlazingxPaddles's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules the great View Post
Anyone know if having level 10 weapons helps out immensly playing Multiplayer? I want a Black Widow that is one shot kill to any body part. Something that goes thru shields and armor!!!
Of course! Every upgrade increases damage and ammo capacity while lowering the weight. While the Black Widow's weight will always be high, the extra rounds and damage will be great.

the hard part- getting one. you can only unlock them in spectre packs, as it's an ultra rare N7 weapon. I haven't even unlocked the weapon. I have the widow II, and I've unlocked around 20+ spectre packs, maybe even 30+.
Sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:37 AM   #77
JF Soul Sector

Deadmeist3r's Gamercard
For those looking to have an easy time with their playthrough on Insanity, I suggest playing as a Sentinel. Overload and Warp mixed with Liara's Singularity(which also help with biotic achievements) makes everything 100x easier.
JF Soul Sector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:18 AM   #78
Askeroth

I still doubt that Master & Commander is possible without multiplayer. Unless one of the authors of the guide have accomplished it themselves, I don't believe they should claim that it is possible. Too many people have said that it's not.
Askeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #79
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askeroth View Post
I still doubt that Master & Commander is possible without multiplayer. Unless one of the authors of the guide have accomplished it themselves, I don't believe they should claim that it is possible. Too many people have said that it's not.
I have not personally, nor has Tyger. But a longstanding forum member by the name of Ray5555 has, and I trust his word. There have also been other members who have, though I don't know them personally.

Read his guide here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...1&postcount=56

Like I say in the achievement description, it is possible. I also stress how much easier it is by simply playing a few MP matches. If people want to bust their ass like that to save ten bucks, that's their choice.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #80
Askeroth

Quote:
With all due respect to him, he is incorrect. You need to break 4,000 EMS to get the achievement. He claimed that it unlocked with less than that. People have posted evidence that they beat the game with 3,800+ EMS and didn't get the achievement. Hell, I did everything in his guide and came up with less than that. 4,000 EMS is the magic number. Without it, the achievement won't unlock.

I ran through the entire trilogy making all of the "right" decisions for war assets. I'm nearly finished with Mass Effect 3. I'll be able to fully determine whether or not it is possible very soon.

Last edited by Askeroth; 03-16-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #81
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

BioWare themselves also said it was possible, but whatever. You need to play the MP to get Defender anyway, so it's not really that big of a deal. If you don't have Gold normally you can use a 48-hour code or whatever, get Defender right quick and then you'll have the Readiness up to easily get M&C.

I'll update the description again to stress how difficult it is, but I still believe it to be possible.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #82
Askeroth

Quote:
BioWare themselves also said it was possible, but whatever. You need to play the MP to get Defender anyway, so it's not really that big of a deal. If you don't have Gold normally you can use a 48-hour code or whatever, get Defender right quick and then you'll have the Readiness up to easily get M&C.

I'll update the description again to stress how difficult it is, but I still believe it to be possible.
I have a satellite connection. Online gaming is not possible. When guides say that an achievement can be unlocked offline, I expect to be able to get it. This one, however, has eluded me. I'll let you know if I unlock it. I'd even be willing to write up an accurate mini-guide for it, but his guide isn't correct when it says it can be unlocked with merely 7000+ total military strength. Has to be over 8000 if done entirely offline.

Last edited by Askeroth; 03-16-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #83
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
I have not personally, nor has Tyger. But a longstanding forum member by the name of Ray5555 has, and I trust his word. There have also been other members who have, though I don't know them personally.

Read his guide here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...1&postcount=56

Like I say in the achievement description, it is possible. I also stress how much easier it is by simply playing a few MP matches. If people want to bust their ass like that to save ten bucks, that's their choice.
I can confirm it doesn't get you the achievement to follow that. You don't end up at 8K war assets. You end up around ~7200-7300.

Auburok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #84
Askeroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburok View Post
I can confirm it doesn't get you the achievement to follow that. You don't end up at 8K war assets. You end up around ~7200-7300.
I can vouch for this. I just completed my "perfect" save, doing everything for the sake of war assets, and I ended up with 7380 TMS, which translates into 3690 EMS. That's before the Cerberus Base, so the Reaper Brain would add another 110 to that, but it's still not enough.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #85
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Well if it needs to be changed, I can surely change it. BioWare and many other people have claimed otherwise, but if we can't get firsthand proof I'll have to change my opinion.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #86
A Grenade

A Grenade's Gamercard
You can get 100% readiness without playing Multiplayer, if you have an iOS device using the game Mass Effect: Infiltrator and the free Mass Effect 3 Datapad app. It just takes a hell of a lot longer.

A Grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #87
Boylin

Boylin's Gamercard
A note about sky high (which I put on the achievement page a while ago): you can get it with Slam if you use Liara's Warp whilst the enemy is still in the air.
Boylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #88
Savior82

SaviorB2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
For Veteran, it's quick if you have a save for Earth mission. Play until you destroy the Hades cannon.
You get the objective to survive until the shuttle extract arrives. Keep on killing the Cannibals here, and once they run out, reload checkpoint.

Takes roughly 30 minutes to kill 500 of them, if you play on easiest difficulty you don't really need to worry about their damage either.
Savior82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:56 PM   #89
Telekiller7

Telekiller5's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear2face View Post
And Brotherhood didn't? It was out first and had MP achievements...
I doubt youll see this, but brotherhood MP didnt need an online pass. you know, the whole thing I was talking about?

I got my high GS thanks to www.Gamefly.com, you should too! (I WISH this was a paid advertisement )
Telekiller7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #90
IronGecko

Iron Gecko MW's Gamercard
Great Guide Thx so much!
IronGecko is offline   Reply With Quote