PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Silent Hill: Downpour
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-15-2012, 11:53 PM   #31
Annalie

Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPADELPHIIA View Post
which number safe puzzles? lol theres quite a few

if your talking about the ones that are like: "turn dial 2 right three clicks" etc etc then no not at all. they usually just have guns.
Oh, well im playing on hard difficulty so some of these puzzles will be a bitch. but if i can avoid them i will.

i noticed that sometimes hitting enemies will kill them regardless of how careful i am. so if i hit someone i have to restart the same checkpoint over and over again. why is she falling down dead? these screaming chicks are so annoying.

Annalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:57 PM   #32
FLIPADELPHIIA

FLIPADELPHIIA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie View Post
Oh, well im playing on hard difficulty so some of these puzzles will be a bitch. but if i can avoid them i will.

i noticed that sometimes hitting enemies will kill them regardless of how careful i am. so if i hit someone i have to restart the same checkpoint over and over again. why is she falling down dead? these screaming chicks are so annoying.
If she is falling down dead, for some reason that doesnt count as a +1 kill to your stats. The only way it counts as a kill is if you kill them with a gun or if you hit them while they are on the ground and they die that way. But if you hit them and they automatically fall down dead, your in the clear. If you ever have any worries or doubts after a fight, just go into your stats and scroll down. It will tell you how many enemies youve killed. I would spam that like crazy to make sure

FLIPADELPHIIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:01 AM   #33
TrishTheDish

Becky Black Ops's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Question: does doing the Bank side quest (where you kill waves of enemies) void the endings for sparing monsters? I see on the other road map it says to do the first playthrough on easy where you don't kill anything and do all the sidequests, so I'm a bit confused on this.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:05 AM   #34
FLIPADELPHIIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishTheDish View Post
Question: does doing the Bank side quest (where you kill waves of enemies) void the endings for sparing monsters? I see on the other road map it says to do the first playthrough on easy where you don't kill anything and do all the sidequests, so I'm a bit confused on this.
Some people say theyve done it but I personally have tried on several occasions and havnt been able to do it, since when there on the ground the vault doesnt open unless there dead, so if you get lucky and kill every monster before it hits the ground then yes I guess you could do it, but like I said, ive tried maybe 5 times and couldnt do it

Old 03-16-2012, 12:05 AM   #35
Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
If she is falling down dead, for some reason that doesnt count as a +1 kill to your stats. The only way it counts as a kill is if you kill them with a gun or if you hit them while they are on the ground and they die that way. But if you hit them and they automatically fall down dead, your in the clear. If you ever have any worries or doubts after a fight, just go into your stats and scroll down. It will tell you how many enemies youve killed. I would spam that like crazy to make sure
Ok. i noticed but i wasn't sure if it was a glitch. im not taking any chances because i am not playing on hard a second time. im trying to like this game but i just don't know.... im probably just gonna watch some youtube walkthroughs because i don't want to miss anything. im in this house or diner whatever... still and id like to move on.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:07 AM   #36
FLIPADELPHIIA

Quote:
Ok. i noticed but i wasn't sure if it was a glitch. im not taking any chances because i am not playing on hard a second time. im trying to like this game but i just don't know.... im probably just gonna watch some youtube walkthroughs because i don't want to miss anything. im in this house or diner whatever... still. and id like to move on.
yea once im done with this play through im going to make some speed run videos. it should only take about 2-3 hrs to complete a play through, even less if your using a guide

Old 03-16-2012, 12:18 AM   #37
Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Quote:
yea once im done with this play through im going to make some speed run videos. it should only take about 2-3 hrs to complete a play through, even less if your using a guide
Im currently using your roadmap, are guns necessary? can i go through the game without them? and thirdly are you making an achievement guide to go with your roadmap?.

Nevermind ignore that last question, i just realized that Tyger7 put one up YAY!!!

Last edited by Annalie; 03-16-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:25 AM   #38
FLIPADELPHIIA

Quote:
Im currently using your roadmap, are guns necessary? can i go through the game without them? and thirdly are you making an achievement guide to go with your roadmap?.
No if your on your first play through you shouldnt use any guns on normal baddies. I would pick up a gun for the bogeyman fights, but other than that I never used a gun (unless I was going for that achievement)

Tyger has made the achievement guide for the game (hes much better at that than I ever would be) and also an alternative road map.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:30 AM   #39
TrishTheDish

Quote:
Some people say theyve done it but I personally have tried on several occasions and havnt been able to do it, since when there on the ground the vault doesnt open unless there dead, so if you get lucky and kill every monster before it hits the ground then yes I guess you could do it, but like I said, ive tried maybe 5 times and couldnt do it
Hmmm, I think I'm doing your Road Map then of first play on Hard/Hard Difficulty and do killing on Easy.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:35 AM   #40
FLIPADELPHIIA

Quote:
Hmmm, I think I'm doing your Road Map then of first play on Hard/Hard Difficulty and do killing on Easy.
I just find it easier to do it hard/hard first and do a speed run because you run into way less enemies skipping side quests and you only do main story puzzles which I pretty much have all the codes for in the guide, so its a breeze. Even though I have most of the puzzles up, some of the side quest ones are simply trial and error, so Id rather do the least amount of puzzles on the hardest difficulty. But Tygers method will also suit people well. It just depends on your play style

Old 03-16-2012, 12:52 AM   #41
TrishTheDish

Quote:
I just find it easier to do it hard/hard first and do a speed run because you run into way less enemies skipping side quests and you only do main story puzzles which I pretty much have all the codes for in the guide, so its a breeze. Even though I have most of the puzzles up, some of the side quest ones are simply trial and error, so Id rather do the least amount of puzzles on the hardest difficulty. But Tygers method will also suit people well. It just depends on your play style
I definitely agree with you. Me, I'm one of those idiots that plays like five games at a time, so anything I can do to make things easier and quicker I am ALL about.

I was just worried about Tyger saying how the enemies can get back up on Hard and make things rough on you, but it can't be any worse than Homecoming on Hard was.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:01 AM   #42
FLIPADELPHIIA

Quote:
I definitely agree with you. Me, I'm one of those idiots that plays like five games at a time, so anything I can do to make things easier and quicker I am ALL about.

I was just worried about Tyger saying how the enemies can get back up on Hard and make things rough on you, but it can't be any worse than Homecoming on Hard was.
Yea they definitely get back up half the time, but Im usually running away from them anyways. The only part that you should have a problem with them getting back up and it actually affecting you is during the last area. But like I said, it really all depends on the person playing the game. While I personally had very little problems with enemies on hard, the next person might have way more trouble. Different person different game, you know? But hes definitely right though, if your fighting a bunch and if some of them get up, it could turn bad

As for Homecoming, if you beat the game and got a certain ending, you could just run through the game on hard with that special gun that one-shots everything I cant imagine playing on hard without it lol

Old 03-16-2012, 03:25 AM   #43
Zerokesra

Send a message via AIM to Zerokesra

Zero Kesra's Gamercard
I cant seem to find the Employee Review in the Centennial Building. Guide says between books in the vault but theres nothing in the room to interact with. Is there a certain spot I'm supposed to look?
Zerokesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:29 AM   #44
FLIPADELPHIIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokesra View Post
I cant seem to find the Employee Review in the Centennial Building. Guide says between books in the vault but theres nothing in the room to interact with. Is there a certain spot I'm supposed to look?
after you open up that safe with the 3 roman numerals, go into the back office and it will be in the bookshelf in the back right corner

Old 03-16-2012, 03:33 AM   #45
Zerokesra

Send a message via AIM to Zerokesra

Zero Kesra's Gamercard
Thanks found it. Had to reload the checkpoint and enter the room with the forensic light on to see the book with handprints on it and get the prompt to pick it up though.
Zerokesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #46
Jinster0426

LoveMySonGabe's Gamercard
In the overlook Pen... there is a safe in the guard tower near the beginning of the level when you get your flashlight.. what's the code

thanks
Jinster0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #47
Ififallx

HOW2TRAINDRAGON's Gamercard
Soooo on my second run i was gonna ask if i do hard difficulty... Can i also do hard puzzle diff at same time? That would be a total of 200 ach pts there... And if i do digging up past thats 5... When i end the game i should have gotten a total of 275 ach pts?? Correct me if i'm wrong. Just wanna make sure cuz ima breeze through this again tomorrow morning. Thanks!
Ififallx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #48
pravado

for the part after you light the chandelier with the 6 blue candles + lighter, the bell puzzle's answer (on hard mode) is: triangle triangle circle squareflame triangle (or if you have the bells from left to right 1-2-3, it would be 1-1-2-3-1

you can save yourself some time by just opening the stage curtains, going behind them and ignoring the chandelier part altogether if you know this
pravado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:01 AM   #49
Lekes

LEKES's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinster0426 View Post
In the overlook Pen... there is a safe in the guard tower near the beginning of the level when you get your flashlight.. what's the code

thanks
The code is your prisoner I.D.

Thanks to FLIPADELPHIIA for the nice guides!
Old 03-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #50
STAALKIR

staalkir's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamDevice View Post
There is a missing Mystery that is not on this list. Confirmed that the achievement WILL pop whether you find it or not. Here is an update:

Handwritten Note - Overlook Penitentiary - Appears on level A4, near the Northwest stairwell

Psychological Evaluation (Overlook) - Overlook Penitentiary - In the A2 level of the guard tower, on the desk near the safe

Rick Letter (1) - Overlook Penitentiary - In a cell along the east edge of level A2, behind a shelf unit

Rick Letter (2) - Overlook Penitentiary - In a cell along the southwest of level A3, sitting on a desk

Angry Letter - Overlook Penitentiary - Through a cell along the west edge of level A2, at the end of the leveled corridor

BOLO Alert - Overlook Penitentiary - On level A3, in a drawer in the security room

Magazine Article - Overlook Penitentiary - In block B, in a checkout room locker

Suicide Letter - Overlook Penitentiary - In block B, in a cell on the south side of the main hall

Rick Letter (3) - Overlook Penitentiary - In block B, in a small room north of the workshops
I can confirm that too, you need 53 mysteries to get the chivoo, seems like folks in varta forgot to collect 1 of their own mysteries
STAALKIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:22 AM   #51
ll Dem3nted ll

ll Dem3nted ll's Gamercard
So I'm not really understanding how this whole ending thing works in this game. I made all good dialogue choices(Killed quite a few bad guys) and got Truth and Justice when I spared her. Then I reloaded and got Full Circle when I killed her. I'm kind of confused on how I would get the other two endings...
ll Dem3nted ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:32 AM   #52
Nullify

A huge thanks for this guide, it's helped me out tremendously to say the least. I have one more playthrough on Easy and I should be done with this game.
Nullify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #53
Gor1lla

gor1lla the one's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
You should add the codes for the room near the plate machine.

Easy: 2345
Medium: 22345
Hard: 22345

Third in Germany to 1000 Batman: AA
First in Germany to 1000 Batman: AC

Last edited by Gor1lla; 03-20-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Gor1lla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #54
budz

I'm at a room with a question mark near the middle of the game, where the main task in "Escape from Silent Hill". Once in the room, I heard crying. Once I turning off the TV in the room, the crying stopped.

Does anyone know what room this is, and why there's a question mark there on the map? Thanks for the help
budz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #55
Gor1lla

Escape from Silent Hill is the main task in this game :P
Be more specific, please. The ? usually indicates a side quest

Old 03-21-2012, 03:36 AM   #56
eastx

Send a message via AIM to eastx

eastx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Quote:
As for Homecoming, if you beat the game and got a certain ending, you could just run through the game on hard with that special gun that one-shots everything I cant imagine playing on hard without it lol
Hey man, I appreciate all the effort you put into the guide. But in the future, could you try to use proper punctuation? You literally never punctuate contractions, which can make the info harder to read than necessary. For instance, its and it's are two different words that don't mean the same thing. If you're unsure about the rules or something like that, I'd be happy to link you to a punctuation guide.
Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!
eastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:04 AM   #57
Pearson

Biomedical Fire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
First off, I want to say you have done a great job with this guide, has been very useful. Since I didn't pre-order this game, but borrowed it from my brother, I didn't get any of the codes. So this is where the pre-order code from GameStop that you listed came in handy for the locker at the entrance of Silent Hill after the Devil's Pit. However, when I went to the house with the basement on Campbell St., the locker was already opened. As for the locker at the Pearl Creek Subway (off Laymond Ave.), I'm not sure yet because I stopped after I released the first bird across the street from the Police Station.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #58
warm

Send a message via Skype™ to warm

Kel x violet's Gamercard
i wanna help please

i cant open tha Pleasant River Safe ==> 16814 - 16816 - 26381 but not open

'This Unique'
This Week ' Silent Hill Downpour
warm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #59
warm

Send a message via Skype™ to warm

Kel x violet's Gamercard
Any help

I have 9\10 collectibles, go to ==> Extras-collectibles, i have

1- Robbie
2- UFO
3- Circle Emblem
4- Alien Toy
5- Aglaophotis
6- Hyper Blaster
7- Radio
8- Locked ==> this what i want
9- Canvas Sack
10- Toy Van

how i get tha last one

'This Unique'
This Week ' Silent Hill Downpour
warm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #60
Gor1lla

You are missing the kite. It's in the big park, right before you enter the radio station. Go to the well and there should be 2 benches and a lamp near it. The kite is on one of the benches