PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Mafia 2 > Joe's Adventures
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-23-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
robhill311

Hypervelocity achievement

Anyone got a clue how to get this as well as the drift one? I think the max velocity I've ever got is like a 1000 before I ran out if road. It seems impossible!
robhill311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:13 PM   #2
Cobalt Blue

FreakerDelle's Gamercard
I got this one a few minutes ago.

Get yourself the Dezilia Grandeamerica in the mission where you have to follow the black bookkeeper and tune it up to level 3. It's a ridiculous fast and powerful car that does 180 mph. Now just drive along the long straight right besides the big bridge and you'll get it without a problem. I got more than 2500 points shortly after the first little turn.

Keep in mind that this has to be done in a mission where you get points. So no story mission or free roam. Don't worry you don't need to complete the mission you just need to get the points.

I'm having problems with the achievements for drifting and juming. I haven't tried much drifting yet but it doesn't seem to be to easy. The jumping on the other hand... I tried it a couple of times in the steel works and on that wooden ramp in sand islands slums with the Dezilia at incredible speeds but it's never enough. Any ideas for a better ramp?
Cobalt Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:14 PM   #3
Gill2009

for the 2000 velocity just go to where the highway starts n turn back the other way and go as far back as possible without taking any turns of course then start driving so u shud have built up velocity points before you get on the highway go right around the highway and there shud be more road when you come off the highway for abit, as for the drift one thats easy when you drive the tuned up ascot bailey just drive while shifting the car to right and left about 60 degrees just dont let the car do a 180 are it will stop and dont hit anything tho it was raining when i did that it may of helped

im not sure if the wooden ramp you said about is this same one where i got mine are not but the ramp i went up is near the bottom left of the map on a street with a gun shop a mechanics and an empire diner theres a ramp at the end of that road and it gets 300 points easily once again best to do when you get the tuned up ascot bailey

Last edited by Gill2009; 11-23-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Gill2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:47 PM   #4
Cobalt Blue

FreakerDelle's Gamercard
I just did the drift achievement with the wiggling thing. Took a few tries but it worked on a long enough lone road. Thought I had to do it like this but haven't used a good spot until now.

As for the ramp: Yeah I mean the one on the lower left portion of the map, where the road is just dirt. I jumped this one at high speed a couple of times with the Dezilia but none was far enough. Do you think the Ascot Bailey flys better since it's not nearly as fast. I'm also a litte scared because it's a convertible and it's easy do die in those. Anyway I'll just give this a try now.

EDIT: Got it! The Ascot Bailey really does fly a lot better and it worked on the first try. Thanks for the tip!
Now I only need to grind another 260 miles in Jimmys Vendetta and hope that the achievement doesn't glitch and I'm done.

Last edited by Cobalt Blue; 11-24-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:58 AM   #5
xsoenx

xsoenx's Gamercard
can you post a video of it???
xsoenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
Cobalt Blue

FreakerDelle's Gamercard
Just look at this video someone made:
It shows the location of the jump and the jump itself. Just get there with a fully tuned Ascot Bailey (the one from the highway mission) and you will fly far enough.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:44 PM   #7
xsoenx

xsoenx's Gamercard
sorry meant for the 2000 velocity
xsoenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:29 PM   #8
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I keep dying horribly when attempting that jump, I always hit one thing or another. Guess I'll keep trying Thanks for the tips, guys.
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:05 AM   #9
Difficult Dave 2010

DifficuIt Dave's Gamercard
For the jump I started at the T intersection just south of the jump floored it and when I jumped I aimed for the left of the light post and I flew over the small tree and landed to the right af the small stairs on the curved road.
Difficult Dave 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 03:15 AM   #10
Mikey1

You can only get these achievements, i.e. the velocity one, while doing a mission, correct?
Mikey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:49 AM   #11
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1 View Post
You can only get these achievements, i.e. the velocity one, while doing a mission, correct?
correct. it doesnt give you scores for anything outside of a mission in Joe. in Jimmy it did give you points that counted towards nothing.

why does that youtube vid guy think his jump is so "secret"? you have to go there (near it, not jump it) in the main game and its quite easy to see that HUGE ass jump there.
it is one hell of a jump! i also always die when i jump it though.

da da da dahh! bitchpudding!
waxc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:41 AM   #12
aqswde

For 2000 points use car (max tuning) like this in video above and go to freeway.
More than 80mp/h > velocity
More than 120mp/h > insanity
There are 2 place on freeway where you can drive very fast. With insanity I get 1k per 15/20s another 1k i get with velocity.

For drift achievement change driving mode for simulation.
aqswde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #13
BigTymer2047

Send a message via AIM to BigTymer2047

Bigtymer2047's Gamercard
Worked like a charm! After killing myself a few times because I couldn't break fast enough I finally nailed it. That car is FAST!
BigTymer2047 is offline   Reply With Quote