PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Street Fighter X Tekken
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
NeoDraven

Nero200's Gamercard
What do you Tekken fans think of this?

Just curious to see an opinion on what you guys think of the Tekken characters in this. I stopped playing Tekken after 4 and moved onto street fighter and jesus they annoy the shit out of me in this. Awkward to use and horrible to play against, Now maybe that just me because i've oinly played the game a few hours so i'll probs have a different opinion next week.
NeoDraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
CoregBlue1

Send a message via MSN to CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
i play both tekken and SF and if you stick to it i am pretty sure your opinion will change.

i play mainly blazblue, so this was a huge change for me and i lost my first 20-30 matches horribly but after a while i found my team and step by step learning their techniques, juggle combos, cross cancels all that stuff that seemed impossible for me to do in this game became easier every day.

FYI my team is made only out of tekken characters

Thanks to Gackt for this amazing sig!
My MAL

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma in Early 2014!

Last edited by CoregBlue1; 03-14-2012 at 06:02 PM.
CoregBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #3
NeoDraven

Nero200's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoregBlue1 View Post
i play both tekken and SF and if you stick to it i am pretty sure your opinion will change.

i play mainly blazblue, so this was a huge change for me and i lost my first 20-30 matches horribly but after a while i found my team and step by step learning their techniques, juggle combos, cross cancels all that stuff that seemed impossible for me to do in this game became easier every day.

FYI my team is made only out of tekken characters
Oh I plan on sticking with it once I actually buy it. It's just I was so used to dominating in SSFIV and then getting my ass handed to me on SFXT its quite disheartning :P
Old 03-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
it was indeed but when i remember how hard it was for me to learn SFIV (my first Street Fighter) this is way easier.

as long as you donīt expect to dominate from the beginning like some here do youīll be fine.

My MAL

Old 03-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
Superbad325

Superbad325's Gamercard
To all Tekken players:

I have two friends who are purely 100% Tekken players (they both hate/dislike SF), and the first time they ever tried the game, they absolutely hated it. Hell, they have no intention of ever playing the game again I think.

Coming from an original Tekken (started with Tekken 3, and played a lot of Tekken 5 BR + Tekken 6) player (I transition over to Street Fighter following the release of Super Street Fighter IV), I will have to say that the game plays NOTHING like Tekken, with the only exceptions being both the tag and juggle system (as well as tech-rolling, I suppose). I guess some can also argue that the high/low mix-up game is implemented in most of the Tekken characters, although in the Street Fighter engine and mechanics.

If you have little to no experience in SF and you play Tekken, I can almost guarantee that you, too, will hate the game.... (especially) at first.

It'll be practically completely new to you so you'll basically have to learn the game essentially from scratch. Once you get the hang of it, maybe then you'll realize how fun the game is. Worth a shot, I'd say!

This is seriously the most fun I've ever had playing a fighting game. I am an exceptionally big SSF4 fan, but I've gotta say, Capcom really made one helluva fun game despite the on-disc content DLC + some broken characters + laggy netcode + online audio mumbo jumbo

Last edited by Superbad325; 03-16-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Superbad325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
NeoDraven

Nero200's Gamercard
I bought it the other day and I am still struggling to find a pair I like. I am mainly a ryu guy altough at the end of SSFIV I picked up charge characters pretty well. Any tips on learning tekken characters? I mean to whole juggle combos and cross juggles seem impossible for me.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #7
IHeartParamore

IHeartParamore's Gamercard
I've played Tekken since I got Tekken 2 for my 9th birthday many many moons ago and tbh, I love this game. Granted, I played about 300 games online on SSFIV (and think the game is kinda boring on the whole) but this game is pretty fucking good. I found that as soon as I started playing it more like I play Tekken and less like I play SF I started doing a lot better and enjoying it a lot more. Granted, nowdays my main fighting game is UMvC3 and i've not really played Tekken 6 in a couple of years, i'd say Tekken fans would definitely enjoy this a hell of a lot more than they'd ever enjoy any Street Fighter game (just generalising, obviously not everyone). The only thing is getting used to the mechanics. The ridiculous amount I played UMvC3 and MvC3 helped me loads with my execution in general and just how 2D fighters are different to 3D fighters.

In summary, defo worth a bost for any Tekken fan, just give it a chance.
IHeartParamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoDraven View Post
I bought it the other day and I am still struggling to find a pair I like. I am mainly a ryu guy altough at the end of SSFIV I picked up charge characters pretty well. Any tips on learning tekken characters? I mean to whole juggle combos and cross juggles seem impossible for me.
same here at first but i tried about 30 combinations until i found my team jin/julia and i am pretty solid now. i decided to play jin shortly after the game was out but finding a partner was difficult. i liked julia in the tekken series so i picked her up and spend hours in training mode, did all of their trials and discoverd a few good combos.

tips or advice in general on how to play tekken characters are hard to give in this game. thats the good thing about it, you can have almost unique tactics and strategys. watching replays on the characterchannel of my main was pretty useful sometime too because not everything is in trial mode.

My MAL

Old 03-18-2012, 12:25 AM   #9
Blessed Sin

Send a message via Yahoo to Blessed Sin Send a message via Skype™ to Blessed Sin

CulpaExMachina's Gamercard
Quote:
Oh I plan on sticking with it once I actually buy it. It's just I was so used to dominating in SSFIV and then getting my ass handed to me on SFXT its quite disheartning :P
That's how I am xD
I got so great with Juri in SSFIV, and now that I have to choose a second character and get used to switching out again like in Tekken Tag (can't wait for TTT2), and I can't find a great second character. I've been switching between characters. I was primary with Christie and Eddie in Tekken, so I will have that when the DLC comes out, but for now, I'm kinda sucking xD
I'm doing alright with Poison as a secondary, though.

Blessed Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:13 PM   #10
NeoDraven

Nero200's Gamercard
I'm gonna keep ryu as my main because I have over 300 ranked wins on SSFIV. Seconds I am hoping between Kazuya, Sagat or Yoshi

Do you guys use a controller or an arcade stick?
Old 03-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #11
CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Arcade stick - Hori Real Arcade Pro VX SA

i use this one because i donīt like square gate sticks. (4 directions instead of 8)

i also have a MadCatz fightpad but over the years i just feel much more comfortable with a stick.

My MAL

Old 03-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #12
NeoDraven

Nero200's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoregBlue1 View Post
Arcade stick - Hori Real Arcade Pro VX SA

i use this one because i donīt like square gate sticks. (4 directions instead of 8)

i also have a MadCatz fightpad but over the years i just feel much more comfortable with a stick.
I have the arcade stick that came with the Tekken 6 CE but I can't use it for the life of me
Old 03-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #13
CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
I have the arcade stick that came with the Tekken 6 CE but I can't use it for the life of me
oh man xD i have this one too but this is just a collectible believe me. its a wireless arcade stick! i really had to laugh when i unboxed it. reaction is important and then, this thing which eats batterys with lightspeed.

of course you can use it if you want but i would highly recommend one from hori or madcatz. i takes a good amount of time to get used to a arcade stick, its a completely new control system after all if its the first time using one. took me maybe about 1 month or longer but once you learn it, you will never forget how to use it.
alternative would be a madcatz fightpad, which is a lot cheaper but i wouldnīt say less useful. many are using these, so did i until i got my stick and it works great. the button layout is fantastic and D-pad really smooth.

My MAL

Last edited by CoregBlue1; 03-18-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #14
Brownhill87

Brownhill87's Gamercard
I'm a tekken fan back from the very 1st and i love all of them. Tried this game for the 1st time the other day and i actually really like it but i suck so bad at this game. The way the gameplay is just blows my mind and my brain goes into melt down!!! Im gonna stick at it tho and hopefully ill get it!!
Brownhill87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #15
NeoDraven

Nero200's Gamercard
You should. Im starting to get the hang of it too. 7 matchs won today out of 11 with Ryu and Akuma. Just using my SF tactics with them and baiting people in.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #16
Onyok

I'm thinking of getting this soon since I'm a fan of SFIV!

I may have to look at my fight stix first but since i'm here already i'd rather just throw in a quick question: what i've got is the MK9 TE stix so is it a 8 directional and not square gate sticks? Been used to its button layout so i may stick with it for now. Besides, i don't want to drop another benjamin just for another arcade stix!

TIA!

Onyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:48 AM   #17
PyreBall

Send a message via AIM to PyreBall Send a message via MSN to PyreBall Send a message via Yahoo to PyreBall

Biggreen719's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'll most likely be getting this game tomorrow. I put a lot of hours in the Tekken series, but SSF IV was the first SF game I ever owned and put any time into. I got it last summer. I tried to establish myself online a time or two, but the only reason I have any online achievements at all is because a friend of mine decided to be nice and let me win several learning matches. I must admit to being a little disheartened that my long time Tekken main Yoshimitsu is unbalanced. I want to try and get online in this game and I want to try and avoid people rage quitting as much as possible, and it seems like Yoshimitsu might cause the opposite effect. I still plan to use him regardless, though. I'll be interested to see how he and my second strongest character in Tekken, Law, play with Akuma (my planned team at this point). I think the biggest adjustment for me will be losing the match if just one of my characters get KOed. It's a familiar system from Tekken TAG Tournament, but I haven't played that game in so long and have played so much MvC that it'll be tough to adapt to for a while.
Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter IV, MvC3, Puzzle Quest, Halo: Reach, Madden 10, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 3,, Modern Warfare 3, Rock Band, MvC2, Battlefield 1943, Castle Crashers

Last edited by PyreBall; 04-18-2012 at 03:39 AM.
PyreBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #18
Warpath Wolf

Warpath Wolf's Gamercard
Well, I've enjoyed the series since Tekken 2. However, I've hardly played any Street Fighter, just because I thought it was too hard and different from what I've known. My mate and I came up with the idea to get a Beat 'em Up and do some tag team and I really wanted to get into Street Fighter, so we decided to get this game. So far I've to say I'm really enjoying it and I'm getting better.

When I'm "done" with the game I'll probably get UMvC 3.

Sig made by Alabastermatt

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Warpath Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote