PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > SSX
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
wmattlowe

zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz's Gamercard
Exclamation Gear Question For Team SSX Help?!

I cant find this in the forums sorry if been asked, but two things....Each rider comes with initially their own special gear i.e. hooks, wingsuit, goggles, etc. But can you not use/get these for other characters? or are you forced to use their default character? if so how do you get them? And for upgrading gear all ive seen in the gear selecting screen, since ive owned the game is just leveled up armor...thats it...can i not get upgraded hooks...wingsuite..goggles etc? Im a level 10 and have yet to see anything outside of armor! =( I must be doing something wrong...right? Thanks for any and all help guys!

Matthew
wmattlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
red mist 85

red mist 85's Gamercard
You can buy most of the different bits of gear for any character as far as I know. The more you level up a character, The higher the level of gear you can buy for them. The game only displays four bits of gear that can be bought at a time unfortunately, so you can only chose from what you're given. The only way to see something else is to buy one of them and something else will take it's place. Also if you chose a track that requires a wing suit for example, you'll usually find that no matter what character you chose, there will be a wing suit available to buy for them if they don't currently own one. I have to say though that I've found certain bits of gear far more common than others. Solar panels I find to be the most elusive.

Friendship is like wetting your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth!
red mist 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
Th3 Apache Dog

Th3 Apache Dog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
What you need to do is go to a drop where those are required and then buy them. So if you want a wingsuit you go to patagonia. If you want a solar panel you go to antarctica and so on

My most proud completions are Super Street Fighter 4 (1600/1600) and Guitar Hero 3.
Th3 Apache Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Silver   The Helping Hand   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmattlowe View Post
But can you not use/get these for other characters? or are you forced to use their default character?
if so how do you get them?
And for upgrading gear all ive seen in the gear selecting screen, since ive owned the game is just leveled up armor...thats it...can i not get upgraded hooks...wingsuite..goggles etc? Im a level 10 and have yet to see anything outside of armor! =( I must be doing something wrong...right? Thanks for any and all help guys!

Matthew
You can buy any gear for any character.

Make sure you are purchasing/browsing for gear while in Explore Mode or Global Events Mode.

Different gear will be available depending on which Range you are on.

Gear usually will go hand in hand with the gear used to defeat that Range's Survive It!

Patagonia for wingsuits
Africa for headlamps
Siberia for Ice Axes
Himalayas for Oxygen
Antarctica for Solar Panels
New Zealand for Pulse Goggles.
* Clueless * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #5
wmattlowe

Awesome thanks guys, i swear ive tried that and only have seen armor but i must be wrong! Thank god! And thanks again!

Matthew
Old 03-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #6
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Silver   The Helping Hand   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Awesome thanks guys, i swear ive tried that and only have seen armor but i must be wrong! Thank god! And thanks again!

Matthew
Are you on xbox live? What character are you using? Do you have any DLC?

Definately try:
Explore Mode : Do the Survive It drops in those ranges listed in the post above.

Ones that say Wingsuit Required, Ice Axes Required...

Let us know if it changed the gear. If not, I'll hop on SSX and tell you specific drops to try.

Last edited by * Clueless *; 03-17-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #7
wmattlowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Like Me View Post
Are you on xbox live? What character are you using? Do you have any DLC?

Definately try:
Explore Mode : Do the Survive It drops in those ranges listed in the post above.

Ones that say Wingsuit Required, Ice Axes Required...

Let us know if it changed the gear. If not, I'll hop on SSX and tell you specific drops to try.

Im on xbox live, my favorite is Alex. I do not have any DLC :/, and ill def try as soon as i get home. I hate having to revert back to a lower level person just for gear, but everytime i look at her gear its armor, armor, and more armor, and i dont need or want armor lol
Old 03-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #8
Insomnia5623

AresInsomnia's Gamercard
I'm not trying to derail the topic but as a side question: Do Legendary Wingsuits not exist? I swear I can't find one for Elise to save my life and it's very frustrating as I need a better wingsuit and her current one isn't that great. Just a Epic All Around which is lacking in my eyes.

Insomnia5623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #9
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

None that I've come across, this is my best one:

Old 03-18-2012, 07:32 AM   #10
wmattlowe

Just got a level 10 legendary wingsuit...guess they do exist..took pic, not sure how to upload it
Old 03-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #11
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Quote:
Just got a level 10 legendary wingsuit...guess they do exist..took pic, not sure how to upload it

You can upload it to your albums in your profile. Then embed it into a post. - let me know if you need more instructions